Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1880724 times)

nitro89

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 88
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24810 on: November 11, 2022, 01:54:26 AM »
Fracturing my ankle in two places 4 weeks ago.

I just want to go skate and have a laugh with everyone but I've got a lot of rehab ahead of me to get it strong before i can even think about taking the wooden wife out for a blast again.

health is wealth my fellow slappers.
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 456
« Reply #24811 on: November 11, 2022, 02:27:31 AM »

I just want to go skate and have a laugh with everyone but I've got a lot of rehab ahead of me to get it strong before i can even think about taking the wooden wife out for a blast again.

Whenever you post your petty problems online there's a high chance someone will immediately come one up you and make you feel like a pansy little bitch. Get well fellow slapper

G raham

• Rep: -47
« Reply #24812 on: November 11, 2022, 02:37:22 AM »
Sam Bankman-Fried
Well guys, there's nothing better than getting out there and skateboarding. - Shane O'Neill.

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #24813 on: November 11, 2022, 03:11:46 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Whenever you post your petty problems online there's a high chance someone will immediately come one up you and make you feel like a pansy little bitch. Get well fellow slapper

Agreed and thanks.

however we go about living our lives there will always be people out there in a worse position/situation than we will ever find ourselves in. Life's fucked up in that regard. I wasn't trying to make a selfish statement or for it to come across that way. i know my little ankle injury is a minor. i was just stating that i wasnt stoked on it and that 'health is wealth' when it comes to this shit.
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #24814 on: November 11, 2022, 03:46:35 AM »

Not being able to skate sucks. Heal up quickly, bruh.

Edit: I took a nasty slam this morning, finished the sesh as long as the adrenaline was pumping but the hip is starting to feel sore. Hopefully I‘ll be able to skate this weekend.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

crepes

• Rep: -26
« Reply #24815 on: November 13, 2022, 08:58:22 PM »
I'm disappointed in Dave Chappelle. He's always been one of my favorite comedians and i love snl but last night he was antisemetic with a smile on his face. He basically said that blacks are gang members, Italians are mobsters and Jews run Hollywood but you better not notice and Ye's not crazy.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24816 on: November 14, 2022, 01:12:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Agreed and thanks.

however we go about living our lives there will always be people out there in a worse position/situation than we will ever find ourselves in. Life's fucked up in that regard. I wasn't trying to make a selfish statement or for it to come across that way. i know my little ankle injury is a minor. i was just stating that i wasnt stoked on it and that 'health is wealth' when it comes to this shit.

Yeah, my tone might have been off. I wasn't implying any selfishness on your part, just belittling my own minor problems and poorly showing sympathy for someone who can't skate which feels so frustrating to even think about. Hope you're healing up well.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #24817 on: November 14, 2022, 02:02:35 AM »
I'm disappointed in Dave Chappelle. He's always been one of my favorite comedians and i love snl but last night he was antisemetic with a smile on his face. He basically said that blacks are gang members, Italians are mobsters and Jews run Hollywood but you better not notice and Ye's not crazy.

I thought those jokes were pretty tame compared to the transphobic stuff from his past specials.   

He lost that skill to come at an issue from a contrary position and not actually be an asshole about while still posturing like one for humor’s sake.   Bill Burr still surprises me that he remains able to keep threading that needle without feeling like some old man scratching their head at the mores of younger progressive generations

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24818 on: November 14, 2022, 10:38:21 AM »
NFS Heat has designated SLAPmagazine.com Offensive language.

Now I have to two parties the stickers when doing custom wraps.

It's not a big deal I guess. It took me a bit to realize why.

SlapMAGAzine.com .......fuck. so I checked to what other political terms are now recently banned.

Just MAGA.

I can't believe that the Trump bullshit has effected me leading people to us. I just want to save skating. I want everyone to experience the love I somehow found in slap.

Skating was never as beautiful as what we got going on here ever.

I'm just trying to unite all the soul skaters of the world under one roof.

NFS needs to chill. Also I wanna see the maha crowd. How will I know who to knock off the course.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

crepes

• Rep: -26
« Reply #24819 on: November 14, 2022, 03:08:05 PM »
NFS Heat has designated SLAPmagazine.com Offensive language.

Now I have to two parties the stickers when doing custom wraps.

It's not a big deal I guess. It took me a bit to realize why.

SlapMAGAzine.com .......fuck. so I checked to what other political terms are now recently banned.

Just MAGA.

I can't believe that the Trump bullshit has effected me leading people to us. I just want to save skating. I want everyone to experience the love I somehow found in slap.

Skating was never as beautiful as what we got going on here ever.

I'm just trying to unite all the soul skaters of the world under one roof.

NFS needs to chill. Also I wanna see the maha crowd. How will I know who to knock off the course.
Make Skating Soul Again. or MASSA

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 141
  • downward is heavenward
« Reply #24820 on: November 14, 2022, 10:33:19 PM »
So i went to my local skateshop and they had a few pairs of the Vans Kyle Walker 1 on sale for 40 Bucks.
I went home happy because I'm broke and really needed new shoes .
In the evening I went for a walk in them but something felt off. I realised that there's a big fucking stitching on the heels that rubs pretty bad on my feet. After a few miles I almost had to take them off. I walked a bit further, not looking on the ground and suddenly I stepped into the biggest pile of dogshit I have ever seen. In the middle of the walkway.. It was a big slimy mess of dog diarrhea shit.
I tried to clean it the best I could and went back home. But the way home was so painful. The shoes gave me really bad blood blisters and I could hardly walk..
Who the fuck designs shoes like this ? And who the fuck lets his dog shit a ton of diarrhea on a walkway. Fuck you cunt !

Same thing happened to me with a pair of Crockett's. The stitching is halfway on the inside of the heel and there's a giant overlapping piece of fabric that's stitched together. Both my heels were ripped completely open by the end of the day but I had no other shoes as at the time. I had to wear giant bandaids on my heel and put tape on the inside of the shoes until eventually (almost a month later) they were broken in. They were the most painful and uncomfortable shoes I'd ever worn.

It's one of the few times I considered reaching out to customer service because of how dissatisfied I was.

Basically, I'm saying I feel you dog.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 525
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #24821 on: November 15, 2022, 04:27:57 PM »
It’s been low 50s (for my American Pals) and rainy for days, we’re two weeks out from summer here

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #24822 on: November 15, 2022, 09:24:58 PM »
Let my dog out for a pee in the backyard just before going to sleep...she got sprayed by a skunk...then she ran in the house trying to hide in 3 different spots before going in her bed. So just covered the house in it before I could get her washed. It's now past midnight and all I can smell is skunk. Fun times.

Oh and it's snowing here - with Temps just above/just below freezing all week...so it's just going to be a sloppy mess with a shitty freeze/thaw cycle for the foreseeable future.
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24823 on: November 16, 2022, 01:02:33 AM »
Too drunk with no one to talk to so I am making some garbage cringe shit posts. I am sorry

Síota

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 759
« Reply #24824 on: November 16, 2022, 01:06:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
My cat doesn't understand that the clocks changed.
[close]

Wait did the clocks change? I had no fucking idea. What time is it now?
[close]
sunday sunday sunday
Yeah its different in the EU

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #24825 on: November 16, 2022, 01:34:44 AM »
So i went to my local skateshop and they had a few pairs of the Vans Kyle Walker 1 on sale for 40 Bucks.
In the evening I went for a walk in them but something felt off. I realised that there's a big fucking stitching on the heels that rubs pretty bad on my feet. After a few miles I almost had to take them off. I walked a bit further, not looking on the ground and suddenly I stepped into the biggest pile of dogshit I have ever seen. In the middle of the walkway.. It was a big slimy mess of dog diarrhea shit.
I tried to clean it the best I could and went back home. But the way home was so painful. The shoes gave me really bad blood blisters and I could hardly walk..
Who the fuck designs shoes like this ? And who the fuck lets his dog shit a ton of diarrhea on a walkway. Fuck you cunt !

Just wait until the heels of the KWalks actually disconnect from the sole, that'll be fun for you.

Like the zipper getting stuck on those old Reebok DGK hoodies, it will inevitably happen.  Happened to me on both pairs of Kyle Walker 1s I got.
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24826 on: November 20, 2022, 08:16:21 PM »
I'm very unhappy.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #24827 on: November 21, 2022, 10:18:16 PM »
Let my dog out for a pee in the backyard just before going to sleep...she got sprayed by a skunk...then she ran in the house trying to hide in 3 different spots before going in her bed. So just covered the house in it before I could get her washed. It's now past midnight and all I can smell is skunk. Fun times.

Oh and it's snowing here - with Temps just above/just below freezing all week...so it's just going to be a sloppy mess with a shitty freeze/thaw cycle for the foreseeable future.

Oh, man - one of our lil’ bitches got skunked on the front steps at bedtime last summer. I feel your pain.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #24828 on: November 22, 2022, 03:25:09 PM »
I‘ve been skating this underground parking lot for almost a year without anybody ever complaining. Now I copped a flatbar specifically for that spot (it’s flatground only) and wanted to inaugurate it today, but before I set it up two persons showed up complaining about the nose I made warming up. That was my go to wet weather spot.  >:(
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Ankle_Lift

• Rep: 77
« Reply #24829 on: November 22, 2022, 04:51:51 PM »

Stepping in dog shit while wearing vans and the waffle up sole is the absolute worst. You can never get the dog turd completely out.

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1079
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #24830 on: November 23, 2022, 02:38:29 PM »
I was skating today and a younger skater was there. He asked me "What do you call 4 black guys in a shed?"
No idea, what?
"Antique farm equipment."
It's not stokeage that in this day and age people are having a laugh at slavery jokes.
I gave a polite laugh because "manners".
He had another one about a large pizza but I'd heard it before so i checked him: "ABD, son!"
Was thinking how could i handle it different like they wanted Ye to go to holocaust museum, maybe this guy should watch Roots? Any suggestions?

Fail
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24831 on: November 24, 2022, 12:03:41 AM »
Fucking Lyft.

I took a ride with them today. The map in the app was incorrect and took me and the driver to the wrong location. I just typed in the name of the restaurant that I wanted to go to and I assumed that a taxi app would contain an accurate map.

There is no real way to speak to customer service. Instead, they just have some bullshit survey to fill out. Not surprisingly, the survey doesn't have an option for "the driver was great, but we fucked up programming the app and owe you a refund and we have to pay the driver out of our pocket."

I never thought I'd miss calling an 800 number and being on hold on forever, but the tech companies have created an even more frustrating experience by forcing me to fill out a pre-established form and then sending me an email response that doesn't even address my issue.

I'd just dispute it with my credit card, but I want the driver to get paid.

Note: When you have a legitimate problem with AirBnB and their shitty arbitration system fucks you over, just dispute with your credit card company. AirBnB told me that I wasn't getting a refund on a shit stay a year ago, I disputed it with my credit card and I got every fucking penny back.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #24832 on: November 24, 2022, 01:08:04 AM »
Fucking Lyft.

I took a ride with them today. The map in the app was incorrect and took me and the driver to the wrong location. I just typed in the name of the restaurant that I wanted to go to and I assumed that a taxi app would contain an accurate map.

There is no real way to speak to customer service. Instead, they just have some bullshit survey to fill out. Not surprisingly, the survey doesn't have an option for "the driver was great, but we fucked up programming the app and owe you a refund and we have to pay the driver out of our pocket."

I never thought I'd miss calling an 800 number and being on hold on forever, but the tech companies have created an even more frustrating experience by forcing me to fill out a pre-established form and then sending me an email response that doesn't even address my issue.

Note: When you have a legitimate problem with AirBnB and their shitty arbitration system fucks you over, just dispute with your credit card company. AirBnB told me that I wasn't getting a refund on a shit stay a year ago, I disputed it with my credit card and I got every fucking penny back.
I dropped an old phone in a recycling bin at a Best Buy and moved on with my life. I tried to power the phone on to reset it before I binned it but it was dead and had been sitting in a drawer for years so I figured it was safe to drop it as is. I forgot to take out the sim card. A couple of days later I started getting random Lyft charges on my debit card from that Best Buy to places all over town. Best Buy didn't give a shit that it was likely one of their employees who pulled it out of the bin, charged it up and then getting free rides on my dime and Lyft was fucking useless. I caught the activity on the second ride and knew exactly what had happened but they got 3 more rides before I realized I had to dispute the charges and cancel that debit card to get it to stop. The shittiest part was that I had to wait for that card to expire before Lyft would let me update my card in their system so for the following 2 or so years I also couldn't use the service.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 854
« Reply #24833 on: November 24, 2022, 08:25:20 AM »
I have a dumb amount of shoes. Maybe thirty pairs but only ever wear like four pairs. The other day went thru and tried on most of them and like 90% are really fukn tight. Basically too small but I guess how i thought shoes were supposed to fit. About ten years ago I had the exact same problem because I was forcing myself to wear 11-12s even tho I should of worn 13s. Today I found two old shoeboxes from when I was in highschool and they're both size 14s so somehow for 20 years I've been wearing the wrong size shoes lol

djoekr

• Rep: 290
« Reply #24834 on: November 26, 2022, 12:24:57 AM »
A local inliner completely fucked over the only perfect ledge in my city. It was already painted red but he waxed the everloving shit out of it and it's an absolute deathtrap right now. Might try to scrape some off but for now I'll be avoiding the spot.

Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #24835 on: November 26, 2022, 09:38:57 AM »
My instagram feed is being increasingly flooded with this narcissistic gen-Z simulated porn.  Like tik tok girls pantomiming jacking someone off while (out of) lip syncing to some suggestive audio.  I’m no prude or anything, but this shit is really lame.  (More disturbed by the desperate narcissistic elements than the sexual content tbh).

IG has been really shit forever, and it’s been getting exponentially worse daily for years, but it’s damn near unusable at this point. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24836 on: November 26, 2022, 11:28:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Fucking Lyft.

[close]
I dropped an old phone in a recycling bin at a Best Buy and moved on with my life. I tried to power the phone on to reset it before I binned it but it was dead and had been sitting in a drawer for years so I figured it was safe to drop it as is. I forgot to take out the sim card. A couple of days later I started getting random Lyft charges on my debit card from that Best Buy to places all over town. Best Buy didn't give a shit that it was likely one of their employees who pulled it out of the bin, charged it up and then getting free rides on my dime and Lyft was fucking useless. I caught the activity on the second ride and knew exactly what had happened but they got 3 more rides before I realized I had to dispute the charges and cancel that debit card to get it to stop. The shittiest part was that I had to wait for that card to expire before Lyft would let me update my card in their system so for the following 2 or so years I also couldn't use the service.

Their shitty form responses didn't help?

I never thought things could be worse than the hell of calling an 800 number, but email/chat responses are worse cause nothing ever gets solved.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24837 on: November 27, 2022, 09:23:57 PM »
Hurt my shoulder arm wrestling some kook at a house party this weekend. All this behaviour is out of character for me but the woman dragged me out this weekend and I had way too much bourbon.  I drove all these drunk fools from some horrible club to this party and brought a 1/2-ounce mix of various types of weed I grew this year as a gift for one of the hosts since it was her birthday. The guy made some smug, condescending comments about how he could tell it was homegrown, essentially insinuating that it looked shitty and kept running his mouth to me all night about this and that. I was drinking too fast to catch up to everyone since I was the designated driver for the first portion of the night. Finally, I had had enough and stood up and backhand slapped him across the small kitchen table after a particularly insulting comment. Instead of obliging me to go outside and fight he wanted to arm wrestle instead. Most likely cause it's his thing and he knew he'd win that and probably would have gotten his ass beat if we stepped out. We were locked in a stalemate with no movement for so long until I was fatigued as he did all these weird wrist tweaks and techniques that people I guess do in arm wrestling. We were cool after for the rest of the night but I still kinda wish we just scrapped it out cause I'd much rather have a shiner and hurt hands than have my bad shoulder acting up.

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #24838 on: November 28, 2022, 04:34:28 AM »
Constant headaches and pain. Doctor says is it's probably chronical stress:
- deadlines, one after the other
- I need that job because it pays well and I need the cash to fix our roof
- I can't sleep much, if it's 5-6 hours, it's alot
- Check-ups from my gf's cancer are coming up again
- Wasn't intimate with my gf in 5 years > cancer is gynaecolgical so ... yeah.
- Can't have childredn anymore due to the cancer so we're in a trajectory with a surrogate mother. financially another major bummer and mentally it's exhausting ...
- I think my dad is slowly dying. He has a severe longtissue issue due to a flame he inhaled in an acciden. it's so bad he has to get a new set of lungs. He's constantly on an airtank. Can't do anything anymore and he lost about 40 pounds...
- skateboarding hurts. MY knee is screwed, my friends all live 2 hours away from me and I can't get motivated to go skate alone ...

Life sucks right now, and I'm only "going".

I"m pretty sure that the moment I'll "stop" I'll crash.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 160
« Reply #24839 on: November 28, 2022, 04:41:46 AM »
Last Friday, I went to the next big city to check some spots . I had to walk through the shopping district and well it was Black Friday.
I saw a fat ladie packed with 5 shopping bags followed by three daughters also packed with shit, arguing with a homeless guy who asked them for a few cents of change.
They spit on him and said they rather waste the money on sweets and bla bla bla.. I was shocked.
I gave this guy, his name is Uwe, a few Euros before I left the scene. I hate society sometimes.. who the fuck are those people.. stupid fat pigs , living in a pile of shit, made out of plastic bags, lipstick and fastfood , thinking that's something to be proud of . Black Kookday is a mirror of society, Cheap fucking waste.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.