Author Topic: Things You Are Not Stoked On  (Read 1885732 times)

modern life is war

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -618
Re: Things You Are Not Stoked On
« Reply #24870 on: December 13, 2022, 04:20:23 PM »
Was on vacation for the week and not having a solid sleep schedule to follow during my vacation has royally fucked up my sleep schedule. I was going to bed and waking up at the most random hours.

I would get gnarly bouts of insomnia five years back where I would get stuck in cycles of not being able to sleep well; it was usually triggered by a couple nights of bad sleep in a row, my mind would get anxious and I would start worrying “damn what if tonight I can’t sleep well again and tomorrow I’m tired again?” Which would in turn cause me to not sleep well cuz I would be too anxious and worried that I wasn’t going to sleep well again; so essentially I wasn’t sleeping well cuz I was worrying too much that I wasn’t going to sleep well; it was a vicious cycle pretty much. It would last for days or weeks at a time before it would get better and slowly go away, but it would still happen here n there quite often if I were to get a couple shitty nights of sleep in a row. This pretty much stopped happening when I got my current job though five years ago; it was my first full time job and I no longer had as much freedom with my sleep schedule; I had to wake up and sleep at the same time every day, but I think this was what helped my sleep out, I think having too much freedom to go to bed and wake up when I wanted contributed a lot to these bouts of insomnia, having a grounded schedule pretty much forced me to have to sleep and wake at a set time every day which helped my sleep hygiene tremendously and this pretty much stopped my bouts of insomnia from happening (except for like one or two short bouts in the last five years that came about when I had to switch my work schedule and had to adapt to a temporary earlier schedule, but those bouts fixed themselves pretty quickly).

Fast forward to now, I’m on a week long vacation, the first time I’ve been off for this long since I started working at my job five years ago, and the insomnia comes back after a couple nights of shitty sleep cuz I was going to bed at the most random times and waking up at random times. Haven’t been sleeping well and been tired for days now, and I’m honestly thinking it’s just due to not having to follow a schedule and having too much freedom to go to bed and wake up when I want. I’m hoping me having to go back to work in a couple days and having to go back to a routine of going to bed and waking at the same time every day will get things back on track again.

I've had the same problem before. Do you take any supplements to help you sleep? I've got a bit of a regimen and it has worked wonders for me - Vitamin D in the morning, magnesium and vitamin C at night before bed. Everyone is different but something similar might work for you if you've never tried it
You’re a Florida native, aren’t you?

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #24871 on: December 13, 2022, 06:06:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Was on vacation for the week and not having a solid sleep schedule to follow during my vacation has royally fucked up my sleep schedule. I was going to bed and waking up at the most random hours.

I would get gnarly bouts of insomnia five years back where I would get stuck in cycles of not being able to sleep well; it was usually triggered by a couple nights of bad sleep in a row, my mind would get anxious and I would start worrying “damn what if tonight I can’t sleep well again and tomorrow I’m tired again?” Which would in turn cause me to not sleep well cuz I would be too anxious and worried that I wasn’t going to sleep well again; so essentially I wasn’t sleeping well cuz I was worrying too much that I wasn’t going to sleep well; it was a vicious cycle pretty much. It would last for days or weeks at a time before it would get better and slowly go away, but it would still happen here n there quite often if I were to get a couple shitty nights of sleep in a row. This pretty much stopped happening when I got my current job though five years ago; it was my first full time job and I no longer had as much freedom with my sleep schedule; I had to wake up and sleep at the same time every day, but I think this was what helped my sleep out, I think having too much freedom to go to bed and wake up when I wanted contributed a lot to these bouts of insomnia, having a grounded schedule pretty much forced me to have to sleep and wake at a set time every day which helped my sleep hygiene tremendously and this pretty much stopped my bouts of insomnia from happening (except for like one or two short bouts in the last five years that came about when I had to switch my work schedule and had to adapt to a temporary earlier schedule, but those bouts fixed themselves pretty quickly).

Fast forward to now, I’m on a week long vacation, the first time I’ve been off for this long since I started working at my job five years ago, and the insomnia comes back after a couple nights of shitty sleep cuz I was going to bed at the most random times and waking up at random times. Haven’t been sleeping well and been tired for days now, and I’m honestly thinking it’s just due to not having to follow a schedule and having too much freedom to go to bed and wake up when I want. I’m hoping me having to go back to work in a couple days and having to go back to a routine of going to bed and waking at the same time every day will get things back on track again.
[close]

I've had the same problem before. Do you take any supplements to help you sleep? I've got a bit of a regimen and it has worked wonders for me - Vitamin D in the morning, magnesium and vitamin C at night before bed. Everyone is different but something similar might work for you if you've never tried it
Nah, haven’t tried any supplements. For me I already know it’s all mental; I get in this weird cycle of getting bad sleep and then psyching myself out with thoughts such as “damn, that’s two nights now where you couldn’t sleep; what if tonight you don’t sleep well again and you’re tired again tomorrow?” and then I end up not sleeping well because I’m too anxious and paranoid that I’m not gonna sleep well; it’s pretty much like a vicious cycle lol: I don’t sleep well because I’m paranoid that I’m not gonna sleep well. Pretty much an irrational fear. I just gotta get my mind to not care or to convince my mind that it’s not that big of a deal to not sleep well and that being tired isn’t going to kill me and that I’ve gone through plenty of sleepless nights before and came out fine and that sleep is easy once you just stop thinking so much. Those thoughts come eventually and then I remember not to be so psyched out and then the insomnia will go away, but sometimes it could take a while to rebuild up those thoughts of not psyching myself out too much, especially when you’re tired and paranoid and anxious that you can’t sleep and all you want to do is just sleep. Used to get in these cycles a lot back in the early 2010s; then in the late 2010s to 2021 they started happening a lot more rarely. From like 2017 til like 2020 I actually didn’t have any of these episodes at all actually. Last episode I had was 2021 and it was the first one I had had in a while, triggered by a couple bad nights of sleep in a row, but it only lasted about half a week to a little under a week from what I remember until I built up the thoughts of not psyching myself out and the insomnia went away. This one now is the first one in a while that is lasting a while and psyching me out more than I thought it would. I’ve beat it before a bunch of times so I know I can do it again, I just got to remind my mind not to be so psyched out, it’s just that it’s just so annoying and a mind fuck sometimes to remind myself not to be so psyched out.

Wow, I don’t think I’ve honestly shared this info with anyone before, or if I have it was only to a few people and they just look at me like “bro, this is such an irrational fear” and I’m just like “you think I don’t know this?” lol. After getting those reactions I just stopped telling people the full details cuz i just don’t want them to look at me like I’m some sort of weirdo for having this, but it honestly feels good to just put this out there for the first time in full detail, pretty liberating feeling actually.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 968
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24872 on: December 18, 2022, 11:33:36 AM »
I broke my vow to never harm another human being.
I was at infest last night. Got in a fight near the club. This guy was curb stomping a girl so I stopped him with a homie.
We fucked him up a little and put on the breaks.
Fucker came back with a brick and got me once with it because my drunk friend refused to run at first.

I saved two people kinda I guess. I probably could argue that shit down if I was a da tho.

The car got a little tuned up with the brick too. I can't say I blame the kook for that and saw it coming.

My only hope is he's not going to smash his lady's face on the curb in the future.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #24873 on: December 20, 2022, 01:12:43 PM »
I was at infest last night. Got in a fight near the club. This guy was curb stomping a girl so I stopped him with a homie.
Fucker came back with a brick and got me once with it because my drunk friend refused to run at first.

I saved two people kinda I guess. I probably could argue that shit down if I was a da tho.

The car got a little tuned up with the brick too. I can't say I blame the kook for that and saw it coming.

My only hope is he's not going to smash his lady's face on the curb in the future.
No good deed goes unpunished. You did the right thing.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24874 on: December 21, 2022, 07:21:16 AM »
Winter is officially here in the south. Not looking forward to single digit temps over the next couple of days.

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #24875 on: December 21, 2022, 11:56:53 AM »
Winter is officially here in the south. Not looking forward to single digit temps over the next couple of days.

For realz? Hang in there.

Always down to bitch about weather. We’re about to get another blizzard - weather advisory until noon Sat. Sun should finally come out after that. Happy solstice y’all.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #24876 on: December 21, 2022, 03:42:35 PM »
One of my 11 year olds classmates brought a loaded 9mm to school today. Nothing happened. Some other kids found out and told, and I guess the school had it handled before any kind of threat was made and the kid never pulled it out. Still though, a kid bought a gun to my kids school.

The worst is that it happened at 11am and most parents didn't find out until school was out. They should've shut the whole thing down immediately and sent everyone home. Why make the kids stay there terrified?

I don't even know what to do. He's half way though 6th grade and this happens. I've seen videos of kids fighting at his school and he says that happens every day. I don't know what middle school is like where you all grow up, but the amount of violence these kids are bringing to school is absolutely insane. It's terrifying to be a parent.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #24877 on: December 23, 2022, 08:08:18 AM »
My fence is falling apart and we can’t afford to fix it, there’s huge carpenter nails sticking out that I’ve had to hammer back in. One of them must’ve fell out because my dog somehow perfectly stepped on it so 3/4 of that huge nail was impaled in to his leg. Like an inch and a half was in there. Crazy bastard was barley limping, acting like nothing was wrong before I noticed it. I rushed him to the animal hospital and it was taken out no big deal. But he’s all bandaged up down there until next Tuesday so I have to keep it dry. It just snowed and is cold as fuck out, so I have to wrap bags around his leg and take him out on a leash when we’re in the yard. When the snow melts I’m gonna comb through that entire yard with a toothbrush to make sure there’s no other nails in my yard. $350 bill right before Christmas too

boogs

« Reply #24878 on: December 23, 2022, 09:22:45 AM »
My fence is falling apart and we can’t afford to fix it, there’s huge carpenter nails sticking out that I’ve had to hammer back in. One of them must’ve fell out because my dog somehow perfectly stepped on it so 3/4 of that huge nail was impaled in to his leg. Like an inch and a half was in there. Crazy bastard was barley limping, acting like nothing was wrong before I noticed it. I rushed him to the animal hospital and it was taken out no big deal. But he’s all bandaged up down there until next Tuesday so I have to keep it dry. It just snowed and is cold as fuck out, so I have to wrap bags around his leg and take him out on a leash when we’re in the yard. When the snow melts I’m gonna comb through that entire yard with a toothbrush to make sure there’s no other nails in my yard. $350 bill right before Christmas too
use a magnet instead of a toothbrush

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24879 on: December 23, 2022, 09:55:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
^ I know you were probably being facetious about the toothbrush, but I’d recommend investing in one of those magnetic sweepers. They’ll save your ass over and over.

Not stoked on icy roads and single digit temps. I can’t wait to feel the warmth of the sun again.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #24880 on: December 23, 2022, 10:37:18 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
^ I know you were probably being facetious about the toothbrush, but I’d recommend investing in one of those magnetic sweepers. They’ll save your ass over and over.

Not stoked on icy roads and single digit temps. I can’t wait to feel the warmth of the sun again.
I was being facetious but these are great ideas. Thankyou!!!

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #24881 on: December 25, 2022, 11:57:14 AM »
CHAPPED LIPS! FUCK!

ExpensiveHandjoe

• Rep: 22
« Reply #24882 on: December 25, 2022, 12:00:02 PM »
I'm 32 and have been an alcoholic for the past 8 years I think, I'm in and out of it like i will spend a week or two without drinking but that's still very new to me. I would not consider myself a huge drinker but drinking between two and four tall cans of beer a day while smoking at least two joints is what i consider having an addiction issue.
Also I don't really know why i keep on doing those things that told myself I was doing for reasons that are no more.
It just feels like i cannot really be functional without it, and that the will of keeping from drinking or smoking isn't strong enough if i try to stay out of these two.
not very sure if i was clear, English is not my first language so i'm very sorry if that's the case.
thanks for reading

sprained_ankle

• Rep: -12
« Reply #24883 on: December 26, 2022, 03:48:45 PM »
I'm 32 and have been an alcoholic for the past 8 years I think, I'm in and out of it like i will spend a week or two without drinking but that's still very new to me. I would not consider myself a huge drinker but drinking between two and four tall cans of beer a day while smoking at least two joints is what i consider having an addiction issue.
Also I don't really know why i keep on doing those things that told myself I was doing for reasons that are no more.
It just feels like i cannot really be functional without it, and that the will of keeping from drinking or smoking isn't strong enough if i try to stay out of these two.
not very sure if i was clear, English is not my first language so i'm very sorry if that's the case.
thanks for reading

hang in there brother you can do it
hi,am new here

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #24884 on: December 26, 2022, 05:22:39 PM »
I had to put my cat Holly down. She was 21.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 08:16:09 PM by lamfordie »

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #24885 on: December 26, 2022, 07:09:01 PM »
Going on day 4 of no running water thanks to a busted water main due to the arctic blast we got smacked with. I’m going to go crazy if I can’t do my fucking dishes soon.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 968
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #24886 on: December 26, 2022, 07:12:11 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
No good deed goes unpunished. You did the right thing.

Thanks that tends to be what most people think.
Next time I'm just going to yell and stay more back.
I can't be fighting like that ever.
Everything kinda worked out I guess. I was waiting for more problems to arise from that. Thinking there would be a knock on the door or charges in the mail.

No news is good news

I hope this year's going to be a peaceful one.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -139
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #24887 on: December 26, 2022, 08:29:42 PM »
republicans

Tireeedd

• Rep: 81
« Reply #24888 on: December 27, 2022, 03:13:03 PM »
People I care about ghosting me

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24889 on: December 27, 2022, 04:23:01 PM »

shit sucks and feels shitty, happens a lot to me. it helps to not take it personal, blame it on them probably being super busy. as much as i hate to be ghosted, i have to admit it happens to me as well. like "oh yeah, i need to write back here, but not now, i'll do it later" and then end up forgetting or even thinking i sent a reply. or getting distracted mid writing. it sucks way more with calls to get ghosted.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #24890 on: January 04, 2023, 12:40:35 AM »
Australian social media based comedy. Every 18 months or so some new account starts that no matter what you do will somehow takeover your whole insta, YouTube, whatever. It's always completely brainless and also unoriginal.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #24891 on: January 04, 2023, 12:56:17 AM »

I used to care. But our world is filled with so many notifications and trivial distractions that ghosting almost doesn't hold the same weight it once did. Most people are just too overwhelmed to respond to everything now.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #24892 on: January 04, 2023, 03:18:19 AM »
There's a fucking epidemic of dog attacks where I live. Last year like 7 or 8 kids plus some adults got fucked up at a park behind near my house. All in different incidents. I know a few teachers too and everyone had a few stories of students at their schools getting attacked.
It's all scared dickheads who get dogs to protect themselves but put zero effort into training them and can't control them. There's stories like this every fucking week.

And of course there's like dog heros who if you ever bring it up are just like oh boo your scared of dogs wah wah dogs don't even attack people

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #24893 on: January 04, 2023, 06:58:45 AM »
Drove to a ski resort, tried some kickflips on a snowskate, failed, got angry and drove back home again.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #24894 on: January 04, 2023, 08:07:57 AM »
People really need to fuck off with using all the same internet lingo

"______________ and I'm here for it"

"_______ best life"

"_____ is a vibe"

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -436
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #24895 on: January 04, 2023, 08:29:21 AM »
My ex-girl’s mom’s boyfriend had a heart attack and passed away last night. Mid-40s and he had three kids, youngest is in their mid-teens. He was a cool dude who always joked around with me and shit at family events, never vibed me out even though her mom (his gf) hates me. RIP Luis

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #24896 on: January 04, 2023, 10:05:06 AM »
My meniscus has been causing me problems lately and I can't specifically put my finger on what caused it. It might be banged up from years of skating and doing BJJ, however I don't recall it ever popping or my training partners cranking leg locks.

I felt it for the first time after slipping on ice walking to my car about 3 weeks ago. Didn't fall or anything, just took a few awkward steps to regain my balance. Felt a sharp pain I'd never felt before and here we are. I'm guessing it was already injured and this aggravated it.

I've had a ton of injuries over the years and I'm honestly surprised it took so long for my knees to start hurting.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #24897 on: January 04, 2023, 01:53:10 PM »
Fuuuuuuck i think I'm going to need to put my cat down.  She's got a major lump suddenly on her back leg and the doctor confirmed its likely it would be cancer and require full leg amputation although results will be back in a week.  She's got a heart murmur too which risks ability to handle surgery. She's also already mentally and physically disabled with legs that hardly even work so I don't think she could even have a reasonable quality of life from here even if amputation proved to be successful. Not to mention likely spending total over $2K

Really sucks having a pet when you're approaching the end side.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #24898 on: January 04, 2023, 02:28:09 PM »
That’s real rough, sorry to hear about your cat.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #24899 on: January 04, 2023, 03:10:44 PM »
@Sizzle my condolences, RIP luis

@matt_2993 i always hate when i hear about things like this, i'm sorry dude.

sending out positive vibes to everyone else struggling <3