Author Topic: The Slap Message Boards and the Trial of Jamie Thomas  (Read 86935 times)

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

Re: The Slap Message Boards and the Trial of Jamie Thomas
« Reply #780 on: May 22, 2008, 02:58:07 PM »
that turkey post was one of the worst tirades on this board, seriously embarassing. and what the fuck is wrong with you otis? agreeing with turkey twice in a week? i think its time to delete your account again, you're getting soft.

stop pm'ing me.

ahlee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #781 on: May 22, 2008, 06:55:11 PM »
Expand Quote
jt, can you send me some cords.
[close]

...as soon as you send me my jersey!

i forgot man, shit. i doubt you'll be needing the hoodie though.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #782 on: May 22, 2008, 10:32:14 PM »
Expand Quote
that turkey post was one of the worst tirades on this board, seriously embarassing. and what the fuck is wrong with you otis? agreeing with turkey twice in a week? i think its time to delete your account again, you're getting soft.
[close]

stop pm'ing me.

one pm warrants that? you dont even seem like the old iron monkey, more like an alter ego of turkey lurkey. just agreeing/rephrasing all of his idiotic points. wheres the old otis, the one who wasnt so fucking soft
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

bobjohn

« Reply #783 on: May 23, 2008, 01:46:51 AM »
To borrow Clyde's words, "lets [sic] dissect this."

Clyde's new blog post starts by dismissing the relevancy, not to mention waste of his valuable time, of message board comments. Something about making money and making Scooby mad.  However, he obviously perused through this thread to fish out Jamie's reply. Clyde also reinforces that he is no longer pro. So he probably read the "Clyde" thread as well.

Next, Clyde squarely blames the magazines, not himself, for Jamie's assertion that he "ran with" rumors. Although, one should not always believe what one reads, his point holds some ground. His editors seem to be paranoid of offending valuable advertisers by censoring Clyde's rants. So by this logic, the they should too be very reticent of printing libel regarding Mr. Thomas, who own a very successful conglomerate, for fear of losing important advertising revenue. It is important to note here that language, even simple words, is very abstract. Jamie, Sheckler, Danny, Clyde, and the magazine editors all have (take the verb "to be", originally a Sanskrit word meaning "breath" or something) unique ways of conveying and interpreting information.

So basically, I'm saying that a few of the parties involved have a limited comprehension of the English language. Shit just went over their heads. And, Gipper, there is a bicycle that pedals backwords--a fixed gear. As I believe Clyde would win that backpeddling Olympic event because he originally pointed out Jamie (long hair, drawn out 50-50s, who else could that be? well, maybe Dan Haney, but how many boards did he sell?) as the main culprit in "ruining" skateboarding, not the "era" as he now suggests.

kilgore.

« Reply #784 on: May 23, 2008, 02:13:11 AM »
that turkey post was one of the worst tirades on this board

The Mess

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
  • please don't kill me jesse.
« Reply #785 on: May 23, 2008, 03:58:51 AM »
Expand Quote
clyde, you're a bitch. and if i was in jacksonville this sunday, i'd come up to you and say it right in your face. believe dat!
[close]

I highly doubt it! Clyde's one crazy mutha fucka.
i have nothing to fear but jesse himself.

wuust

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -26
« Reply #786 on: May 23, 2008, 07:44:19 AM »
hey jamie,  let's see you make something like this and rock it at the "ride the sky" premiere

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #787 on: May 23, 2008, 10:44:17 AM »
put a little [gnar] button by the nuts too.

Cashedout

• Rep: -6
« Reply #788 on: May 23, 2008, 10:48:30 AM »
so 2 things i noticed about that magazine that have nothing to do with Jamie Thomas

1. Matt Ball had an ad for Ambigous clothing, hasn't that dude not had a legit sponsor for a while now?

2. Theres some Mountain Dew ad with some fake ass photoshopped ad of a Model riding a skateboard (possibley on a wave) Don't those dudes pay P-Rod and a couple of other clowns to ride for them, hell they sponsor a action sports tour don't they have a grasp at whats wack and what isn't. or couldn't thye at least use a legit pro that they already pay in an ad.

Matt Rides For Birdhouse, Dekline, Ambiguous,Utility Boardshop, Pig Wheels, Speed Metal, and Destructo.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #789 on: May 23, 2008, 10:58:20 AM »
hey jamie,  let's see you make something like this and rock it at the "ride the sky" premiere

paging vicky

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #790 on: May 23, 2008, 12:25:43 PM »

eat.shit

• Rep: 14
« Reply #791 on: May 23, 2008, 12:36:03 PM »
Clyde, you are REALLY dumb. The MAIN reason 99% of people are on the Slap forum is because we skateboard.

I'm out there in the streets everyday too. Pushing down through the ghetto to get downtown, out there hustling boards to little kids for 20 bucks so I can eat and drink. Scrounging a dollar to ride the bus uptown. For you to make such an asinine statement about how we're all just a bunch of internet lurkers looking to get our jollys by talking shit to you is fucking regular.

And the reason we are all hating on you is because you're claiming to keep it real all the while backing Sheckler like he doesn't deserve the heat he's getting. Theres a handful of people ruining skateboarding and you just so happen to be one of the asshole doing it. Throwing partys at clubs and shit. Get real. REAL skateboarders don't throw club partys...

Seems to me YOU lost your way, talking all that shit, and now you need to backpeddle and rearrange your brimming vocabulary to make yourself seem alittle less stupid. Jamie Thomas may have took skateboarding in a different direction than the picknic table heelflips you were doing, but who the fuck cares? Everyone still skated what they wanted. I know I wasen't out there skating 30 stair rails naked/barefoot. I was doing stalls on curbs and bombing hills.

But the shit Sheckler is doing?!? JESUS. "Let me get sponsored by Redbull, get my own T.V. show, and give all these hot ass teenage girls some insight to my OH SO DIFFICULT life." That motherfucker is crying on national T.V. about how hard it is to go through a divorce like he's the only one. GROW UP.

957,200 people in 2000 were divorced in the US.

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #792 on: May 23, 2008, 12:55:04 PM »
REAL skateboarders don't throw club partys...

nick jensen throws club parties.

eat.shit

• Rep: 14
« Reply #793 on: May 23, 2008, 01:09:25 PM »
Well then hes a piece of shit too...

He skates really good though. ???

picklesickshuv-it

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #794 on: May 23, 2008, 02:54:46 PM »
eatshit, youre killing it. so true.

anyways
jamie, whos firing everyone at blackbox. is it you?

Lurkenstock

« Reply #795 on: May 23, 2008, 07:31:27 PM »
Apparently if you have less than kind words about Clyde or challenge or disagree with anything he says whatsoever you are an E-nerd stalker that doesn't get pussy.

Soooo rad to see the typical "get out and do something" and "get off the Internet" defense from a person who is on the Internet like all the fucking time themselves, reading and replying like clockwork to every little pissy fucking thing that's said or written about them.

How can someone who acts like they don't give a fuck what people say about them give a fuck sooooooo much that they feel the need to jump all over anyone who dares to formulate an opinion that differs from their own?

Oh, and according to him he still gets tons of offers to be pro.
DAILY.
But dude feels that he went out like George Constanza on a high note and doesn't care or need to be in professional skateboarding any longer.

I used to enjoy this dude, even when he was Big Brother's mascot and more well known for pissing himself than anything he ever did on a skateboard.
Clyde's actually really, really funny but Jesus he has a fucking gigantic ego for how shitty of an actual writer he really is and as a pro skater IMO dude was pretty much average at best. He was in 20 Shot and Trilogy though, can't front on that no matter what kind of shit comes out of his mouth he'll always have that.

I'll save you the reply, Clyde, because obviously you're reading this, even though you want everyone to think you don't care about bullshit like this:

I'M AN ANONYMOUS E-MOTIONAL STALKER CYBERGEEK STAN BLAH BLAH WHATEVER YOU SAY IS GOLD BLAH BLAH NO ONE CAN FUCK WITH YOU BLAH BLAH NO ONE IS ON YOUR LEVEL OF SWAG BLAH BLAH YOU WERE IN VIDEOS AND MAGAZINES AND I WASN'T BLAH BLAH YOU HAVE MORE MONEY THAN GOD BLAH BLAH YOU ARE ALWAYS RIGHT EVERYONE ELSE IS ALWAYS WRONG BLAH BLAH I HAVE A SHITTY JOB AND YOU DON'T BLAH BLAH NO ONE WOULD DARE SAY SHIT TO YOUR FACE BECAUSE YOU CAN KICK EVERY SKATER ON THE PLANET'S ASS BLAH BLAH AND LAST AND MOST IMPORTANTLY I GET NOOOO PUSSY, EVER, EVER, EVER BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1601
« Reply #796 on: May 23, 2008, 07:45:39 PM »

someone do the sheckler back tattoo t-shirt w. 'slappal'......

Evil Kraken from the Arctic Sea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Hi SlapPal!
« Reply #797 on: May 24, 2008, 05:20:54 AM »
Anonymous said...

Clyde,
I know we've known each other for 17 years etc..
But by running with it, I meant you read sheckler's pull quotes and understood them to be fact.
When actually the conversation with Danny went different than was the way sheckler received it.

I also see though that you're still taking digs, but whatever. I'll respond to some of the things in your post.

True, I sent Cole an Ozzy shirt once cause I knew he liked Ozzy and the shirt was too big for me. I also sent him a pair of jeans once that we were going to make at Circa.
How this turned into me dressing riders on the regs is beyond me, but this is what I meant by a half-assed rumor.
:
The other was trick lists;
When parts are getting close to being done, I try to help the dudes with what types of stuff they still need. I try to let em know what they're missing and they ask for lists. Point is, I'm not at a desk barking orders at who needs to do what.

My point in responding was to let you know that I don't think an 18 year old dude on TV could ever single handedly ruin skateboarding and that shit hurt to read you hating on me for something I supposedly said about dude, like you've thought I was wack for years, but finally took the time to tell me over this.

I don't expect anyone to cry me a river, but thought I'd let you know that I still got nothing bad to say about you.
Peace,
JT

Hey Jamie, after all the E-Stress, these pictures of my little dog Elvis will help you relax:

:)

Have a sunny day and lots of ice cream, I'll enjoy a cig and a glass of Montepulciano now, give Elvis some chew-sticks and watch Misled Youth.
I'll go frontside on some tranny for you.

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • brofessional
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #798 on: May 24, 2008, 07:02:31 AM »

if people really want this ill make them but i still have to do the second batch of old dirty shirts first.
we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.

longballlarry

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #799 on: May 24, 2008, 09:41:06 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

someone do the sheckler back tattoo t-shirt w. 'slappal'......

now there's an idea.
i'm gonna need one of those.
I used to post

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #800 on: May 24, 2008, 09:43:14 AM »
you guys are wayyyy too into this site

loophole

« Reply #801 on: May 24, 2008, 09:59:46 AM »
i am so down for this.

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #802 on: May 24, 2008, 10:16:27 AM »
jamie were you behind terrel's puprle hair extentions too?

wheee!

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #803 on: May 24, 2008, 12:49:23 PM »
i want a dog now

SLAPTASTIC

• Rep: -19
« Reply #804 on: May 24, 2008, 12:56:55 PM »
This thread may as well be a new permanent fixture of the boards..

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
« Reply #805 on: May 24, 2008, 01:19:58 PM »
awwww, your dog is so cute, PopwarOfGuns!

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #806 on: May 24, 2008, 01:22:41 PM »
This thread may as well be a new permanent fixture of the boards..

able

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 635
  • omm nom
    • able Skate Mag avatar image
« Reply #807 on: May 24, 2008, 01:23:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

paging vicky
I would buy several of these
ableSkateMag.com

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #808 on: May 24, 2008, 01:28:08 PM »
someone should make a GWB shirt

Rusty Champignon

« Reply #809 on: May 24, 2008, 01:30:04 PM »
someone should make a fuck GWB and his stupid fucking face and faggot posts shirt