Author Topic: Danny Way holding mags hostage  (Read 8682 times)

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1611
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Danny Way holding mags hostage
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2008, 08:55:31 PM »
i don't think there's really any comparison...no one cared about skateboarding let alone danny way when he was that age....danny was a huge innovator....sheckler???

I think all the coverage relates more to just following the money...or what is preceived to be the money....plus it's what people are talking about.....

GhostBusters

• Rep: 55
  • Back off man. I'm a scientist
    • Speedhero avatar image
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2008, 12:36:00 AM »
Can I be so bold as to predict a Shecks/Dway tandum super stunt in the works?
I hope they call it a tandum super stunt.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2018
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2008, 01:03:14 AM »
when i got my skateboard mag i was so bummed there was a huge interview on sheckler. i was even more bummed when i saw that nieratko backs sheckler throughout the whole interview. i also heard singleton backs him in some ways too. i could see danny way paying people like nieratko and singleton to vouch for sheckler.

i heard there was some pete eldridge coerage in the tsm with the sheckler interview....  was the interview any good and worth buying?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2008, 12:25:45 PM »
Money needs to get out of $kateboarding.

but fat bitches that have never stood on a skateboard in their lives need to stay in?

P.S. post your tits.

stooey

« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2008, 01:22:56 PM »
nothing makes me feel like shitting more then a new magazine.  better then coffee. 

qwertypoiuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2008, 01:40:03 PM »
Expand Quote
when i got my skateboard mag i was so bummed there was a huge interview on sheckler. i was even more bummed when i saw that nieratko backs sheckler throughout the whole interview. i also heard singleton backs him in some ways too. i could see danny way paying people like nieratko and singleton to vouch for sheckler.
[close]

i heard there was some pete eldridge coerage in the tsm with the sheckler interview....  was the interview any good and worth buying?

yeah the interview was tight, eldridge is the man. he got shit on for so long with sponsors, im hyped jamie hooked it up. ill scan it and post it when i get home in a few days.

skatemore,man

« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2008, 05:47:33 PM »
i don't think there's really any comparison...no one cared about skateboarding let alone danny way when he was that age....

I don't know if there's an apt comparison because i wasn't around when DW was coming up so i wont try to say anything about it, but i do remember reading something in SLAP 4-5 years ago, maybe longer, that was talking about how D Way was the little grom that everyone hated because he was better than them bombing the ramps at the YMCA park.

L. A. GROVE SPSA

• Rep: -6
    • Channel St. SPSA avatar image
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2008, 06:10:43 PM »
Danny Way killed a Gay guy?
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."- Mark Twain

SleepyPeePee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 61
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2008, 08:51:34 PM »
Give me bad rep
would you rather hear "woo" from the omar salazar pack? i wouldn't. their "yeahs" are genuine, and cool. "yeah" has been the battle cry of skaters for as long as i can remember.

organic life

« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2008, 09:01:22 PM »
Fuck D-WAY

SLAPTASTIC

• Rep: -19
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2008, 09:14:41 PM »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1611
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2008, 09:53:58 PM »
Expand Quote
i don't think there's really any comparison...no one cared about skateboarding let alone danny way when he was that age....
[close]

I don't know if there's an apt comparison because i wasn't around when DW was coming up so i wont try to say anything about it, but i do remember reading something in SLAP 4-5 years ago, maybe longer, that was talking about how D Way was the little grom that everyone hated because he was better than them bombing the ramps at the YMCA park.

yeah but that was on such a small level.....i guess it's easy to say now in hindsight but I think a huge point is that guys like Danny, Colin, Tony Hawk....they all got respect when people saw how they were pushing skateboarding....what has sheckler brought? flawless contest runs and heelflip body varials?  I'm not trying to slight the dude either....I just think when you are more famous than you are good....people hate on you.....

I SUCK!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2008, 10:20:59 PM »
...I'm not trying to slight the dude either....I just think when you are more famous than you are good....people hate on you.....

i agree, but he has kickflipped off the moon 2 months in a row.
"success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts"

skatemore,man

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2008, 10:30:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah but that was on such a small level.....i guess it's easy to say now in hindsight but I think a huge point is that guys like Danny, Colin, Tony Hawk....they all got respect when people saw how they were pushing skateboarding....what has sheckler brought? flawless contest runs and heelflip body varials?  I'm not trying to slight the dude either....I just think when you are more famous than you are good....people hate on you.....

no doubt about it. I just brought up the Dway thing due to the young skater/fucktard comparison being thrown around. In no way was i trying to defend anything regarding sheckler. wipe my face on a splintered flat bottom first, please.

ProjectPatrick

« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2008, 10:41:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

no doubt about it. I just brought up the Dway thing due to the young skater/fucktard comparison being thrown around. In no way was i trying to defend anything regarding sheckler. wipe my face on a splintered flat bottom first, please.
The comparison is why Danny loves Sheckler so much though.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 121
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2008, 11:11:14 PM »
its a pretty sketchy story but Danny Way and Josh Swindell were leaving a bar and had an altrication with a gay dude, somehow the dude ends up dead. supposedly the dude was harassing them, but a lot of people said the was just talking to them and they beat him up.
The part thats weird is Danny got off because supposedly the dude had some crazy head injury and walk out of the hospital when he was supposed to stay there.
But Josh Swindell ended up in jail forever.

The rumor was that they hit the dude with a brick and killed him, they claimed self defense. but Danny way is a notorius homophobe and if it was self defense why did josh go to jail.

who knows the whole story is fucked up and i probably wouldn't beleive it if i didn't understand fratboy type homophobia and that danny way is completely afraid of gay people.(his homophobia can be cited in many mags, plus his company did a board with bullet holes in a gay flag)

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2008, 11:21:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Danny Way and Ryan sheclker are the same dude just different generations, Sheckler has just let his kookdom be documented for the world.
The differance now is that skateboarding has become a business
much like any other sport, so unlike back in the day even if a dude was amazing but a douchebag he would be kicked out of skateboarding. Now that theres millions of dollars in corporate money going around skateboarders have lost control of skating.
so we don't make those decisions anymore.
Ryan Sheckler prolly makes more off of RedBull than most pros do with board and shoe sponsors combined.
He doesn't even need a board sponsor he can stay rich off of Red Bull. x games and the Dew Tour.

beleive me Danny Way is probably just as much of a Frat boy jock as Sheckler, there was just no internet back then and Mike ternasky was smart enough not put that shit in videos.

Both of these dudes are talented individuals but they are the type of people i don't like and most people that love skateboarding don't like.

rs312

• Rep: -12
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2008, 11:55:38 PM »
every part has it's counterpart.

D Way and Sheckler skate good no question, but I don't like them.

Sheckler needs a girl so that he gets something to do.

cold budweisers

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 616
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2008, 12:03:44 AM »
shecklaho already gets mad poon aint nuthin gonna stop his shred spree

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2008, 01:01:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
its a pretty sketchy story but Danny Way and Josh Swindell were leaving a bar and had an altrication with a gay dude, somehow the dude ends up dead. supposedly the dude was harassing them, but a lot of people said the was just talking to them and they beat him up.
The part thats weird is Danny got off because supposedly the dude had some crazy head injury and walk out of the hospital when he was supposed to stay there.

The rumor was that they hit the dude with a brick and killed him, they claimed self defense. but Danny way is a notorius homophobe and if it was self defense why did josh go to jail.

who knows the whole story is fucked up and i probably wouldn't beleive it if i didn't understand fratboy type homophobia and that danny way is completely afraid of gay people.(his homophobia can be cited in many mags, plus his company did a board with bullet holes in a gay flag)

interesting...

can anybody post a picture of that board or any comments he has made in interviews?

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2008, 06:09:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

interesting...

can anybody post a picture of that board or any comments he has made in interviews?

One comment he made was in an interview with Dave Carnie in the dads isssue of Big brother

i know theres a couple of sites that have all the Big brothers archived.

Dave Carnie asked him "what would you do if your son was gay?"

"My son wouldn't be gay because he is being raised correctly"

Another one was in a last words in transworld and they asked him "last time you felt uncomfortable"

"the last time i was in........." can't rememebr the name of the nieghborhood but its in downtown SD and its the somewhat gay area

i didn't know that till a friend who moved there told me they lived in the gay area.

The board was an XYZ Plantinum Board not sure where you'd find a picture of  that i doubt CCS ever ran it in a catalog.

underachiever

• Rep: 2
  • d-d-d-d-d-d-d-DAMN
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2008, 06:14:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

interesting...

[close]

One comment he made was in an interview with Dave Carnie in the dads isssue of Big brother

Another one was in a last words in transworld and they asked him "last time you felt uncomfortable"

"the last time i was in........." can't rememebr the name of the nieghborhood but its in downtown SD and its the somewhat gay area

i didn't know that till a friend who moved there told me they lived in the gay area.

The board was an XYZ Plantinum Board not sure where you'd find a picture of  that i doubt CCS ever ran it in a catalog.
that's fucked

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 695
  • S&H
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2008, 08:26:30 AM »
Ternasky or TMag showed Dways kook status at the end of that H-Street video (smn?) where he begs for a part in his high pitched voice and then cavemans the rail in a house and then has an after credits part.

Here
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 08:29:37 AM by MexicanSpaniard »

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2008, 08:39:41 AM »
I don't buy magazines anymore

me neither

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2008, 09:00:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

interesting...

[close]

I hope and pray that his son is flaming when he grows up. Not out of spite for the child, this isn't one of those attack by proxy things. I just love it when shit like that happens. Like Cheney's daughter being a lesbian.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

L. A. GROVE SPSA

• Rep: -6
    • Channel St. SPSA avatar image
« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2008, 10:27:43 AM »
wow lost some respect for danny way. It would be cool if he got but raped
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."- Mark Twain

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2008, 10:38:38 AM »
danny way might be a dick now but he wasn't as a kid.

in fact he pretty much invented vert skaters not being dicks.

and plenty of skaters have made homophobic comments in interviews, tom penny and chad muska to name two.

also it's safe to presume that any skater that is a christian hates gays.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2008, 10:58:34 AM »
nothing makes me feel like shitting more then a new magazine.  better then coffee. 

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2008, 11:16:40 AM »
danny way might be a dick now but he wasn't as a kid.

in fact he pretty much invented vert skaters not being dicks.

and plenty of skaters have made homophobic comments in interviews, tom penny and chad muska to name two.

also it's safe to presume that any skater that is a christian hates gays.
Not every christian hates gays.
And Tom Penny or Muska make homophobic comments makes their stock go down a bit. If the shit about Way is true there will be a special place in hell for him though.
Lance Mountain was cool as fuck long before Danny Way.
Oh, and if the homophobe rumors are flying, wasn't there some dude on birdhouse that came out and pathetic loser Jeremy Klein demanded he be cut or Klein himself would leave?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2008, 02:07:46 PM »
Oh, and if the homophobe rumors are flying, wasn't there some dude on birdhouse that came out and pathetic loser Jeremy Klein demanded he be cut or Klein himself would leave?

yeah, tim von werne.

but really, thats the only time a company have tried to put an out gay guy on.

no-ones tried since and until they do we don't know if anyone else is better than klein or not?