Author Topic: everyones quick to bash evangelical skaters and how the present their faith...  (Read 6015 times)

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Expand Quote
They do have their right to do it, just as those scientologists you love have the right to do what they do. I just am very suspicious of the motives of a church that endorses candidates for president. Its too political and, for the record, if a church wants to become political they do lose the right to be shielded from certain things (mostly taxes) as a legal church, because in America, we have a strict code seperating church and state. I just think any religious minority should be a little suspicious of a certain religion attempting to take power so they can call the country "a christian nation." FUCK that, its a secular nation.

My point with Gator isn't that the church made him do it. My point is that being a born again christian did nothing to help him, and that there is probably a good deal of evidence that these stories of imaginary deities probably made him feel justified in his hatred of others as "sinners" whom "God has already judged." Daniel Johnston too. Born again christian, every time he snapped its always been about the devil and how people have the devil inside of them. If they weren't religious would they be crazy? Probably. Did religion help them? Not at all. Could it have even made things a little worse? I think so. I'm sure George Bush thinks its ok to kill Iraqis because we are christian and they are not, and that God is guiding him to do go, because after all, he's christian, so he must be right!
What pisses me off is that now you hear whisper campaigns about Obama being a muslim, which isn't true, but shouldn't matter. But still, a lot of people, believe he is, and won't vote for him because they think he's not christian. That's a type of prejudice that is on the rise, and has been unchecked.

Also, prostylization (sure I spelled it wrong, but whatever) is an arrogant, prejudiced way of saying "I am better than you because of my religion, join me or be ostracized. I don't like it anywhere, even if it is just one page in a magazine.
[close]
Not sure where the first paragraph came from.....
But it's not just Christians doing this. Muslims have killed just as many people for being a different religion or denomination than their own. And Atheists have done the same thing to Christians, just not as numerous since there isn't as much of them. My neighbors were "die hard" Christians and Satanists would smash their property, kill their animals, etc. You shouldn't just single out one religion for acts that they've all done.

Shut the fuck up! Next your going to tell me that black people oppress white people just as much as white people oppress black people. And its bullshit! Don't tell me about how much it sucks to have to deal with a little bit of vandalism when I have no extended family, because they were all killed in the Holocaust thanks to some overzealous, ignorant christians.
Muslims have not killed even a tiny fraction as many people in the name of religion! Not even a fraction! Do you understand how North and South America were settled by European people? They killed everybody over here under the justification that they were non-christian savages. Then there is the holocaust, the spanish inquisition, groups in America like the KKK, and the crusades, which involved Christians invading muslim land because they thought they deserved the holy land over people that again they considered savages.
The Christian religion hasn't been oppressed since roman times. Sorry you get a little bit of shit from time to time, but I doubt any non-christian has ever told a christian that they shouldn't be here because of their religion. I feel that everytime George Bush reminds me that he thinks America is a "Christian nation" despite the fact that we were founded by deists.
I don't think John McCain tried so hard to get an evangelical preist who said New Orleans deserved Katrina to endorse him because evangelicals are oppressed. I think its because they consistently attempt to sway voters and those priests have cult followings of politicized evangelicals.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 718
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
I enjoy reading how most people continually say "Skateboarding embraces people who are themselves/we'll accept anyone", yet the minute someone skates/dresses/acts differently than anyone else, they get criticized. I like those Mariano decks.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
They do have their right to do it, just as those scientologists you love have the right to do what they do. I just am very suspicious of the motives of a church that endorses candidates for president. Its too political and, for the record, if a church wants to become political they do lose the right to be shielded from certain things (mostly taxes) as a legal church, because in America, we have a strict code seperating church and state. I just think any religious minority should be a little suspicious of a certain religion attempting to take power so they can call the country "a christian nation." FUCK that, its a secular nation.

My point with Gator isn't that the church made him do it. My point is that being a born again christian did nothing to help him, and that there is probably a good deal of evidence that these stories of imaginary deities probably made him feel justified in his hatred of others as "sinners" whom "God has already judged." Daniel Johnston too. Born again christian, every time he snapped its always been about the devil and how people have the devil inside of them. If they weren't religious would they be crazy? Probably. Did religion help them? Not at all. Could it have even made things a little worse? I think so. I'm sure George Bush thinks its ok to kill Iraqis because we are christian and they are not, and that God is guiding him to do go, because after all, he's christian, so he must be right!
What pisses me off is that now you hear whisper campaigns about Obama being a muslim, which isn't true, but shouldn't matter. But still, a lot of people, believe he is, and won't vote for him because they think he's not christian. That's a type of prejudice that is on the rise, and has been unchecked.

Also, prostylization (sure I spelled it wrong, but whatever) is an arrogant, prejudiced way of saying "I am better than you because of my religion, join me or be ostracized. I don't like it anywhere, even if it is just one page in a magazine.
[close]
Not sure where the first paragraph came from.....
But it's not just Christians doing this. Muslims have killed just as many people for being a different religion or denomination than their own. And Atheists have done the same thing to Christians, just not as numerous since there isn't as much of them. My neighbors were "die hard" Christians and Satanists would smash their property, kill their animals, etc. You shouldn't just single out one religion for acts that they've all done.

[close]
Shut the fuck up! Next your going to tell me that black people oppress white people just as much as white people oppress black people. And its bullshit! Don't tell me about how much it sucks to have to deal with a little bit of vandalism when I have no extended family, because they were all killed in the Holocaust thanks to some overzealous, ignorant christians.
Muslims have not killed even a tiny fraction as many people in the name of religion! Not even a fraction! Do you understand how North and South America were settled by European people? They killed everybody over here under the justification that they were non-christian savages. Then there is the holocaust, the spanish inquisition, groups in America like the KKK, and the crusades, which involved Christians invading muslim land because they thought they deserved the holy land over people that again they considered savages.
The Christian religion hasn't been oppressed since roman times. Sorry you get a little bit of shit from time to time, but I doubt any non-christian has ever told a christian that they shouldn't be here because of their religion. I feel that everytime George Bush reminds me that he thinks America is a "Christian nation" despite the fact that we were founded by deists.
I don't think John McCain tried so hard to get an evangelical preist who said New Orleans deserved Katrina to endorse him because evangelicals are oppressed. I think its because they consistently attempt to sway voters and those priests have cult followings of politicized evangelicals.

When did I ever say I was a Christian? Just because I said that other religions have killed people too doesn't mean in anyway that I am one....... And now you're going to compare Blacks/whites to religious matters....

I realize that Christians have killed the a shit load of people, but you were acting like they were the only ones doing it. And now you're pretty much acting like every single Christian kills people. Radical Islamics have captured Christians, and decapitated them in front of their families. A while back there was a guy who held up a Church, and asked a girl if she still believed in God now, when she said yes he shot her in the head. Yes, I know that Christians have done the same things with the Christian Crusades and everything else. Don't talk to me like I'm not aware of it.....
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
You don't hear people talk shit on satanists either.
[close]

satanism is a trend in skateboarding.
[close]
not really.
inverted crosses and pentagrams are just used for the aesthetics.

being a satanist is like being straight edge...it's kinda tough to be that evil....plus once you get in the club you realize it's just a bunch of dudes who couldn't get laid....

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
christians are annoying but they haven't killed anyone in ages.
extremist muslim groups on the otherhand have kept a busy schedule fucking everyone over throughout the years.
try shifting the hate to those who are currently out to get humanity, not some annoying group of people trying to convert you.
i don't know about you dudes but i'd rather have some christains trying to save me, than have some radical muslim group trying to bomb me.

gipper,
the hate runs strong in your family.  ;D

neko

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
extremist muslim groups on the otherhand have kept a busy schedule fucking everyone over throughout the years.
try shifting the hate to those who are currently out to get humanity, not some annoying group of people trying to convert you.
i don't know about you dudes but i'd rather have some christains trying to save me, than have some radical muslim group trying to bomb me.

dude, seriously?  perhaps you haven't considered the apocalyptic bent to american foreign policy concerning israel and the middle east.  bush is essentially trying to wage a religious war of his own.  it's not the US vs extreme islam, it's extreme christianity vs extreme islam.  he's asked the troops to fucking pray for him, for fuck's sake.  christians always seem to think that the apocalypse is just around the corner; he's hell-bent on starting it himself.

i highly recommend the 2004 book With God on Their Side: George W. Bush and the Christian Right by Esther Kaplan.  some damn fine muckraking, highly informative, and when considered with Eugene Jarecki's documentary Why We Fight, possibly the scariest shit ever.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Expand Quote
[close]

dude, seriously?  perhaps you haven't considered the apocalyptic bent to american foreign policy concerning israel and the middle east.  bush is essentially trying to wage a religious war of his own.  it's not the US vs extreme islam, it's extreme christianity vs extreme islam.  he's asked the troops to fucking pray for him, for fuck's sake.  christians always seem to think that the apocalypse is just around the corner; he's hell-bent on starting it himself.

i highly recommend the 2004 book With God on Their Side: George W. Bush and the Christian Right by Esther Kaplan.  some damn fine muckraking, highly informative, and when considered with Eugene Jarecki's documentary Why We Fight, possibly the scariest shit ever.

To be fair, any Israel/Christian angles any administration uses is just a way to sell what they wanna sell to America-most of the people at the top don't believe in any of it. Read Chomsky.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

El Chupacabra

• Rep: 147
    • Brujaria Skateboards avatar image
Vatos locos = Catholic and cool. Ergo, La Virjen, also cool.

bill hates

How is proselytizing any different than someone offering you a bear or something?

wait i think im missing something

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

neko

• SLAP Pal
To be fair, any Israel/Christian angles any administration uses is just a way to sell what they wanna sell to America-most of the people at the top don't believe in any of it. Read Chomsky.

yeah, i do...he's kind of a personal hero of sorts.  i know a lot of the head people only care about money and power (Cheney, etc), but i'm pretty sure Bush and some of the people he's appointed really believe that shit.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
damn if Guy converts to Polish Citizenship then there would be no stopping him
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

L. A. GROVE SPSA

• Rep: -6
    • Channel St. SPSA avatar image

So True
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it."- Mark Twain

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal

gipper,

Please. Just because one group is bad doesn't mean another is good. Pretty much every religion has blood on its hands.
What the fuck is a christian saving me from?

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
Religions are fucked, because if your not 'part' of their religion, your under them, and who the fuck are they to judge you on your beliefs.

Fuck religion.

Hey if it helps you sleep at night convincing yourself of stories, thats cool, but don't tell me about it.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
p.s. Guy Marianos boards are cool, not my thing, but you don't hear guy shoving it down our throats.

neko

• SLAP Pal

your money and that horrible burden of having to think for yourself

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
[close]

Also I get the lovely burden of thinking I'm gonna burn in hell just because I jerk off occasionally

neko

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Also I get the lovely burden of thinking I'm gonna burn in hell just because I jerk off occasionally

man, christianity and guilt...catholicism is like the CostCo of guilt

allegedartist

• Rep: 7

Yeah right:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabra_and_Shatila_massacre

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
  • tiger style
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

occasionally??? just when you were starting to build some credibility...

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

occasionally??? just when you were starting to build some credibility...
...on occasion that I happen to be alone in my room.

shreddez

• Rep: 0
The Bible is a repackaged telling of Isis & Osiris, Mithra, ect. It is all based on astrology. Astro-Theology. Ask Jordan Maxwell.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
The Bible is a repackaged telling of Isis & Osiris, Mithra, ect. It is all based on astrology. Astro-Theology. Ask Jordan Maxwell.

care to elaborate a bit?

KnockoutNed

Expand Quote
[close]

care to elaborate a bit?
he watched zeitgeist, now he thinks he's all tight.

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
Expand Quote

gipper,
[close]
Please. Just because one group is bad doesn't mean another is good. Pretty much every religion has blood on its hands.

i never said either were good or bad, just that one seems worse than the other.
i have no idea what they're trying to save you, me, or anyone else from?  thats a question for the ages.

this question goes out to the christian members here...
if i punched you in the face would you really turn the other cheek like the bible commands?
somehow i doubt it, but i'd love to be proven wrong.   

shreddez

• Rep: 0
No, I watched something called "the Naked Truth".

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

gipper,
[close]
[close]

i never said either were good or bad, just that one seems worse than the other.
i have no idea what they're trying to save you, me, or anyone else from?  thats a question for the ages.

this question goes out to the christian members here...
if i punched you in the face would you really turn the other cheek like the bible commands?
somehow i doubt it, but i'd love to be proven wrong.   

But why compare? Why are we putting muslims on trial here? They don't affect my day to day life negatively at all. Evangelicals and the asshole they put in the presidency do.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style

thanks for that

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal

Leslie Nielsen is sick in that one. Its weird watching OJ in it before he went to trial for killing Nicole. The Naked Truth 21/2 isn't as good though.