Author Topic: After how many years of skating do pro skaters peak and when do they fall off ?  (Read 33 times)

SlapMcKracken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Stupid generalizing question, but still what do you guys think after how many years pros really skate on pro levels and peak and when do most stop making progress or even lose skills?

Lots of factors of course.
I thought about this, cause today I saw some locals skating that I didn’t see skating for ten years and somehow I was disappointed that they didn’t improve that much since back then, cause I thought they were really talented. (Not pros btw. Sponsored, but not pros)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 05:19:48 PM by SlapMcKracken »

Mean salto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
I think there's a Phelps quote something like "skaters either get good in two years or they eat chowder"  I kinda get this I've been skating for twenty years pretty much and there's definatly a point where people stop progressing. Different point for everyone but.

Also during lockdown I got bored and watched tons of old videos and 411s and looked thru all my old magazines and whatever old ones were online and for every skater like Koston or Reynolds that has a long career there must be at least 30 who just disappear after 5ish years.