Author Topic: Ted on Ryan Sheckler  (Read 9532 times)

Gest

Re: Ted on Ryan Sheckler
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2008, 01:41:14 PM »
have you guys really never seen that ted barrow part? i figured all ya'll would be all over that shit by now

i heard and seem pics of him modeling for american apparel or something like that. boooo

Lance

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2008, 01:48:57 PM »
have you guys really never seen that ted barrow part? i figured all ya'll would be all over that shit by now

i heard and seem pics of him modeling for american apparel or something like that. boooo
I like him better than Skekler, AA modeling or not.

We should find that old ass thread with all those models that had those qoutes all over them, I forgot who did that. There might be a Ted snapshot in there.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Gest

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2008, 01:50:58 PM »
i actually think there might be. it isnt a big deal though,  i dont care about what shecklers doing with his life and i dont care what ted does with is. ted is one of my favorite skaters, actually, so as long as he continues to do that, i wont care

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2008, 01:53:31 PM »

So does that mean he had to fuck the guy who owned it?
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2008, 01:54:55 PM »
Hell yeah Ted!!!!

I'm sure you were a big Ted Barrow fan pre coming onto Slap and seeking validation right?

JonnyG

• Rep: 28
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2008, 01:58:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I like Ted Barrow

[close]
Holy shit.  Make skating switch look that casual.  Really sick video part.
[close]
That was really good. I bet he has a chill girl.
[close]

Yeah it's amazing the kind of girls modeling for Urban Outfitters will get you!

But really, Ted Barrow is radical at skateboarding and gifted writing chap.

Sheckles is actually the second coming of christ.

So I'm stoked.

forget the sheckler talk, this thread needs more footage of ted himself, goddamn that part was good
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 02:03:20 PM by JonnyG »

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2008, 02:36:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dear Clyde,

This is how you use the English language properly.

Love,

Chris deKoning
[close]

And this talk of you having the best tre flip ends with this clip

[close]
Regardless if lucas' is good or not, It would be idiotic to say the one clyde did in trilogy was anything short of amazing.

Why do you guys hate sheckler? i can understand disliking, in the sense that, if someone asks you if you like him and you reply "no", but you guys go out your way to voice your hatred for him. That shit is lame.
[close]

You my friend, are a complete and utter moron. All the people that made skateboarding what it is today, just got bitch slapped by Ryan Sheckler when he made a T.V. show out of what people do for fun and the love of it. He doesn't love it, if he did he wouldn't be doing all this bullshit. In the hierarcy of skateboarding he is by far, THE LOWEST form of anything. He's next to a pile of shit in my book.

I got arrested a few weeks ago, and when I posted bail and they let me out, THE FIRST THING the cop says to me is "Do you know Ryan Sheckler?"  NOW. While this may not be a problem for you, it is for me. 4 A.M. in the morning, I'm drunk as shit, I'm tired, I'm cold, and the first god damn thing I get asked upon being released is about SHECKLER?

Oh and Ted Barrow? SICK switch b/s smith.
[close]
Who are you to judge how much he loves skateboarding? Do you guys realize that no one starts skating for money. Just the nature of skateboarding you would have to enjoy it to get good enough to the point where you could even make money from it.

How is him having a show about his life a slap in the face to anyone. I guarantee you if MTV approached mark gonzales with a tv show, he would say yes in a heart beat, as most skateboarders would.

uhh... ever heard of TK? he literally stated that is why he started skating.

and, shex show is just showing kids LOOK I SKATE... I MAKE MILLIONS AND GET BITCHES (or i guess not on the latter...). thus, kids start skating for the wrong reason. that is why it is a "slap in the face" - or whatever.
:) I must have been tripping last night

Gest

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2008, 02:39:23 PM »
i dont see why it should matter if people start skateboard for the wrong reason. the ones who really enjoy it will stay in, the ones who dont will get out. it isnt affecting anyone but themselves.

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2008, 02:44:11 PM »
ted barrows blog is the best skateboarding related blog.

easily.

Hatechild

« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2008, 02:45:58 PM »
ChildoftheGhetto "Why do you guys hate sheckler? i can understand disliking, in the sense that, if someone asks you if you like him and you reply "no", but you guys go out your way to voice your hatred for him. That shit is lame."

It's so funny to me ChildoftheGhetto asks this questions, when he continues to bash almost every skater people post on this site.  

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -347
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2008, 02:46:50 PM »
Girl Workshop B what is your stance on the topic at hand?
i don't know how the show's ruining skateboarding. people who don't skate have always thought skateboarding was some sort of jock activity so he ain't changing shit. in 3 or 2 years hes gonna die down and noone outside of skateboarding will give a fuck about him. that's what people said about bam and now people don't hate him anymore for some reason. people who don't skate will always think skaters act like rob, bam and sheckler but that's how it is. before ryan rob made people think skaters were all wiggers who wear DC's excessively and even though rob's sponsored by DC people who don't skate don't understand the sponsorship concept in skateboarding so they assume is you wear DC's you're a skater now people think we're jocks because of sheckler but in 4 years someone else comes out witha  show and a new steriotype is born. to me this "sheckler ruining skateboarding" thing is just a little phase. although you might never like be a fan again you won't care about him in 3 years and hate on some other person like the puehse twins, david loy and all those guys .

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2008, 02:51:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dear Clyde,

Love,

Chris deKoning
[close]

[close]
Regardless if lucas' is good or not, It would be idiotic to say the one clyde did in trilogy was anything short of amazing.

Why do you guys hate sheckler? i can understand disliking, in the sense that, if someone asks you if you like him and you reply "no", but you guys go out your way to voice your hatred for him. That shit is lame.
[close]

You my friend, are a complete and utter moron. All the people that made skateboarding what it is today, just got bitch slapped by Ryan Sheckler when he made a T.V. show out of what people do for fun and the love of it. He doesn't love it, if he did he wouldn't be doing all this bullshit. In the hierarcy of skateboarding he is by far, THE LOWEST form of anything. He's next to a pile of shit in my book.

I got arrested a few weeks ago, and when I posted bail and they let me out, THE FIRST THING the cop says to me is "Do you know Ryan Sheckler?"  NOW. While this may not be a problem for you, it is for me. 4 A.M. in the morning, I'm drunk as shit, I'm tired, I'm cold, and the first god damn thing I get asked upon being released is about SHECKLER?

[close]
Who are you to judge how much he loves skateboarding? Do you guys realize that no one starts skating for money. Just the nature of skateboarding you would have to enjoy it to get good enough to the point where you could even make money from it.

How is him having a show about his life a slap in the face to anyone. I guarantee you if MTV approached mark gonzales with a tv show, he would say yes in a heart beat, as most skateboarders would.
[close]

uhh... ever heard of TK? he literally stated that is why he started skating.

and, shex show is just showing kids LOOK I SKATE... I MAKE MILLIONS AND GET BITCHES (or i guess not on the latter...). thus, kids start skating for the wrong reason. that is why it is a "slap in the face" - or whatever.
He started skateboarding, because he saw evan hernandez on a skateboard one day and said it looked like he was having fun. How is that for the money?

eat.shit

• Rep: 14
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2008, 02:58:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dear Clyde,

Love,

Chris deKoning
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Listen person, I don't know if you follow what that asshole does, but I do. Just for the sheer fact to be able to talk shit on him. He said somewhere (I think his T.V. show) that he wasen't allowed to go in an eat dinner until he did 100 kickflips or some shit.

Now I don't know about you, but when I was little and skated, I did whatever gay ass trick made me happy. Whether it be a primo stall, a f/s 50 on this 2 inch high box I had, or bombing a hill to go skate the local school. I started skateboarding so I wouldn't have to listen to people tell me what to do. I could do whatever the fuck I wanted. He should have been bred to play football, eat steroids, and drink Whey.

If most skateboarders would take a T.V. show from MTV then fuck them. I'd rather be free and poor than have a bank filled with millions of dollars, no dignity, and a fucking Range Rover that I donated to the Make a Wish foundation so that it looked like I actually gave a fuck about terminally ill kids.

Call me crazy but RESPECT and FRIENDS is more important in life that having so much money you don't know what to do with it all.

Fuck you.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #43 on: May 14, 2008, 03:10:37 PM »
He started skateboarding, because he saw evan hernandez on a skateboard one day and said it looked like he was having fun. How is that for the money?
You should read his TWS am issue interview, he says he skates to get something out of it, he saw people in fresh new gear, so he wanted in on it...

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44 on: May 14, 2008, 03:15:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dear Clyde,

Love,

Chris deKoning
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Listen person, I don't know if you follow what that asshole does, but I do. Just for the sheer fact to be able to talk shit on him. He said somewhere (I think his T.V. show) that he wasen't allowed to go in an eat dinner until he did 100 kickflips or some shit.

Now I don't know about you, but when I was little and skated, I did whatever gay ass trick made me happy. Whether it be a primo stall, a f/s 50 on this 2 inch high box I had, or bombing a hill to go skate the local school. I started skateboarding so I wouldn't have to listen to people tell me what to do. I could do whatever the fuck I wanted. He should have been bred to play football, eat steroids, and drink Whey.

If most skateboarders would take a T.V. show from MTV then fuck them. I'd rather be free and poor than have a bank filled with millions of dollars, no dignity, and a fucking Range Rover that I donated to the Make a Wish foundation so that it looked like I actually gave a fuck about terminally ill kids.

Call me crazy but RESPECT and FRIENDS is more important in life that having so much money you don't know what to do with it all.

Fuck you.
If you out as much effort into skateboarding, as you do researching sheckler, you would be a much happier person. You probably wouldn't be bad at skateboarding either.

Expand Quote
[close]
You should read his TWS am issue interview, he says he skates to get something out of it, he saw people in fresh new gear, so he wanted in on it...
What's wrong with getting money/clothes/whatever, from something that you enjoy?

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2008, 03:18:00 PM »
so what if he started for the money? if you see the shit he does you'd know he loves skateboarding. the guy grew up in the ghetto and he saw skateboarding as a way out like Rick Mccrank did. does mccrank skate for money?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #46 on: May 14, 2008, 03:19:18 PM »
I'd say McCrank skates to make us happy.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: May 14, 2008, 03:19:53 PM »
so what if he started for the money? if you see the shit he does you'd know he loves skateboarding. the guy grew up in the ghetto and he saw skateboarding as a way out like Rick Mccrank did. does mccrank skate for money?
Girl B Habitat who are you talking about. Shekler has been pampered since pre-cum.

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #48 on: May 14, 2008, 03:20:23 PM »
if it wasn't for skateboarding Mccrank and TK would be bums on the street getting involved with gangs and violence and i was talkign about terry kenneddy not ryan sheckler

eat.shit

« Reply #49 on: May 14, 2008, 03:22:06 PM »
I'm the happiest person you'll ever meet.

I enjoy pussy, titties, being a raging alcoholic, long walks on the beach, giraffes, talking more shit than is possible, lots of cigerettes, tranny trogging, jacking off, vanilla scent candles, very high black socks, animals in general, puking at the end of the night, the band BRAND NEW as gay as that is, walking around in creeks lookin' for critters, hamburgers, vanilla coke, watching Thrasher videos, bombing hills, falling down those hills, ingrown toenails, picking my nose if I got boogies, Michael Jackson's Number Ones CD, Louisville skatepark, Grove city skatepark, driving around for no reason at all, and fucking girls and never talking to them again.

Now tell me about yourself. :-*

Lance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2008, 03:23:08 PM »
if it wasn't for skateboarding Mccrank and TK would be bums on the street getting involved with gangs and violence and i was talkign about terry kenneddy not ryan sheckler
Well, Chocolate Workshop B you need to state that, in a Shekler thread...I don't think McCrank would be gang bangin it up if it wasn't for skateboarding.  Does he look ruthless to you, he skated to LeTigre, there's know way he's gangster

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2008, 03:24:20 PM »
yeah man, who cares if he started for the money? alright yeah. fuck having fun. all about tha $$$$$$$ clothes and bitches, that's what skating is all about m i rite?!
:) I must have been tripping last night

Lance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2008, 03:27:47 PM »

I enjoy pussy, titties, being a raging alcoholic, long walks on the beach, giraffes, talking more shit than is possible, lots of cigerettes, jacking off, vanilla scent candles on ledges, black socks, animals in general, puking at the end of the night, the band as gay as that is, walking around in creeks lookin' for fishing spots, Cheeseburgers, vanilla coke, watching Thrasher videos, bombing hills, falling down those hills, ingrown toenails, picking my nose, Michael Jackson's Number Ones CD, driving around looking for spots, and fucking girls!

EDIT: That Mickeal Jackson CD is one of my favorites!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 03:30:17 PM by Lance »

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2008, 03:29:41 PM »
well lance hes from canada who knows what gangsters are like over there. he started skateboarding because it was his way out and he obviously started loving skateboarding since he does shit someone who doesn't love skateboarding wouldn't even try.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2008, 03:31:51 PM »

I enjoy pussy, titties, being a raging alcoholic, long walks on the beach, giraffes, talking more shit than is possible, lots of cigerettes, tranny trogging, jacking off, vanilla scent candles, very high black socks, animals in general, puking at the end of the night, the band BRAND NEW as gay as that is, walking around in creeks lookin' for critters, hamburgers, vanilla coke, watching Thrasher videos, bombing hills, falling down those hills, ingrown toenails, picking my nose if I got boogies, Michael Jackson's Number Ones CD, Louisville skatepark, Grove city skatepark, driving around for no reason at all, and fucking girls and never talking to them again.

I pretty much only enjoy skateboarding, but fucking broads is ok too.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2008, 03:35:03 PM »
well lance hes from canada who knows what gangsters are like over there. he started skateboarding because it was his way out and he obviously started loving skateboarding since he does shit someone who doesn't love skateboarding wouldn't even try.
Wade Des Armo is from Canada and I do believe his ganster is ruthless, anyone who has Jason Kidd jeans is a ganster in my book

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2008, 03:36:08 PM »

well done, you're a total fucking walking cliche, right down to the socks.

GIRL Workshop B

• SLAP Pal
  • Gino Clause
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2008, 03:37:36 PM »
well he'd still be a bum probably since he grew up in poverty...or at least work a super-low paying job

eat.shit

« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2008, 03:39:41 PM »
Expand Quote

I enjoy pussy, titties, being a raging alcoholic, long walks on the beach, giraffes, talking more shit than is possible, lots of cigerettes, jacking off, vanilla scent candles on ledges, black socks, animals in general, puking at the end of the night, the band as gay as that is, walking around in creeks lookin' for fishing spots, Cheeseburgers, vanilla coke, watching Thrasher videos, bombing hills, falling down those hills, ingrown toenails, picking my nose, Michael Jackson's Number Ones CD, driving around looking for spots, and fucking girls!

[close]
EDIT: That Mickeal Jackson CD is one of my favorites!

Haha I like the changes, I shoulda put cheeseburgers though. Hamburgers with no cheese is wack.

That CD plays non-stop.

Oh and Otis, I enjoy being cliche. Gives me a reason to get up in the morning and jack off. I don't wear flannels, half cabs, and cords though? Maybe I outta start.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: May 14, 2008, 03:40:57 PM »
well he'd still be a bum probably since he grew up in poverty...or at least work a super-low paying job
Girl Habitat C, who are you referring too?!
a) McCrank
b) Sheckler
c)Wade
d) Clyde