Author Topic: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On  (Read 711792 times)

Willie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
Re: Things You Are Stoked On But Not Stoked On
« Reply #7020 on: April 09, 2024, 05:45:57 AM »
Did a bjj basics course over the weekend and pondering if Im going to keep pushing it further or not. I'm kind of feeling it as a sport and would like learn more but the thing I did not like were the overly enthusiastic course mates who were rushing it way too hard and not focusing on learning the techniques that were taught to us (probablya very common thing among beginners). I had this one guy as my pair, I was on guard and he was charging like a bull trying to get on me but ended up under me and I managed to tire him out pretty fast and he gave up (did not tap but said his over it).

I think BJJ sounds fun but I’ve also read horror stories about people getting serious injuries from over enthusiastic/psycho sparring partners and that would piss me off beyond anything.

I’ve gotten injured a shit ton of times skating but the two times it’s been someone else’s fault (collisions) were infuriating.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #7021 on: April 09, 2024, 05:50:21 AM »
Drove 5 hours to see the total eclipse with my daughter. Paid dumb amount for a two night minimum hotel. Saw clouds.

We had a pretty great time and she was overwhelmingly positive about the whole adventure.

Totality was an otherworldly experience but I’m still feeling cosmic levels of disappointment at not getting a fleeting glimpse of full coverage - an event I might not even live to see again. I also worry I did retinal damage staring at 96% coverage for 10 seconds (through wispy clouds) because I couldn’t see shit with the glasses.

Ultimately a positive experience with a healthy serving of existential dismay.

pops

• Rep: 234
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #7022 on: April 16, 2024, 04:13:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Did a bjj basics course over the weekend and pondering if Im going to keep pushing it further or not. I'm kind of feeling it as a sport and would like learn more but the thing I did not like were the overly enthusiastic course mates who were rushing it way too hard and not focusing on learning the techniques that were taught to us (probablya very common thing among beginners). I had this one guy as my pair, I was on guard and he was charging like a bull trying to get on me but ended up under me and I managed to tire him out pretty fast and he gave up (did not tap but said his over it).
[close]

I think BJJ sounds fun but I’ve also read horror stories about people getting serious injuries from over enthusiastic/psycho sparring partners and that would piss me off beyond anything.

I’ve gotten injured a shit ton of times skating but the two times it’s been someone else’s fault (collisions) were infuriating.

Yup, this. I decided and went to the gym three times. Not really my thing after all. I have hard time combining my personal life and the training schedules plus Im not really fan of the more competitive training partners. My left shoulder got a bit messed already from this one guy trying a lock on it and even if tapped it early I felt pain and now internal rotation is limited and hurts.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #7023 on: April 16, 2024, 01:53:59 PM »
Been with my gf for a couple months. The sex has been very good overall. But she is a small asian woman and has trouble taking my (decent sized but not huge) piece. So i always have to be gentle. Sometimes i just wanna pound but cant because i dont want to hurt her.