Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 925551 times)

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #7980 on: August 27, 2019, 05:09:54 PM »
I would watch just to see Aubrey Plaza

Rick_Kane

« Reply #7981 on: August 27, 2019, 05:16:31 PM »
Watched Mother! because it was recommended here and it was really bad. So embarrassingly on the nose with the Bible references and Jennifer Lawrence is a terrible actress and her performance here just cringe inducing. She's the protagonist but I wanted her to die the whole time. Don't waste your time with this one, definitely Aronofsky's worst film.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #7982 on: August 27, 2019, 06:13:27 PM »
I would watch just to see Aubrey Plaza
Oh I hear you on that, but there is really nothing to see. I feel like they made her look really plain to sell her being a single mom.

Buck Bundy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #7983 on: August 27, 2019, 08:04:20 PM »
I’m watching Midsommar right now and I don’t know what to think. I like it but don’t like it at the same time. For anyone that really wants to see it, there’s decent cam copies on the Cinema HD app (I use an amazon fire stick). And Once Upon a Time in Hollywood was so fucking good. 10/10 would recommend it to anyone who is a quentin tarantino fan.
Edit: Did NOT like Midsommar. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:22:52 PM by Buck Bundy »

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7984 on: August 29, 2019, 02:39:26 PM »
Seven Psychopaths such a great movie, I liked Sam Worthington's character and the preacher Christopher Walken absolute maniacs, Tom Waits should have had a bigger role tbh.
Dueces Bitch's

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #7985 on: August 30, 2019, 08:45:53 AM »
About to watch The Dead Dont Die. The Jim Jarmusch zombie flick with Bill Murray and others. Decent torrent is up if anyone has been wanting to see it. I'll report back when I've finished it later.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #7986 on: September 01, 2019, 11:26:28 AM »
If Cruel Intentions 2 has a lower Letterbox score than Storytelling by Todd Solondz, I’m gonna be pissed.

Finally seeing Midsommar tomorrow, they’re showing the director’s cut for like a week a few blocks from muni.
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/midsommar-directors-cut-theatrical-release-1202169024/

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • And you better believe: they're ALL silk
« Reply #7987 on: September 03, 2019, 08:05:44 PM »
If Cruel Intentions 2 has a lower Letterbox score than Storytelling by Todd Solondz, I’m gonna be pissed.

Finally seeing Midsommar tomorrow, they’re showing the director’s cut for like a week a few blocks from muni.
https://www.indiewire.com/2019/08/midsommar-directors-cut-theatrical-release-1202169024/
Can you give your review after you watch it? My single digit IQ prevents me from understanding what's going on there
I got beef with Brian sumner and it’s onsite for that fat fucking red coat.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -130
« Reply #7988 on: September 04, 2019, 01:01:21 AM »
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118694/

The colors, the framing, the subtleties

In the mood for love is so beautiful.

Also Barry Lyndon, probably my favorite Kubrick film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klPZIGQcrHA

sexualhelon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
  • I'm an ardent supporter of futile causes.
    • Lurkaround avatar image
« Reply #7989 on: September 04, 2019, 04:29:57 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Can you give your review after you watch it? My single digit IQ prevents me from understanding what's going on there

I finally saw Midsommar the other day and wasn't super into it. The cinematography was amazing but the story felt a bit of a re-hash between The Wicker Man & Hereditary. It's worth seeing but the hype on it's a bit too much.

It 2 comes out today so I'm going to try and go see it tomorrow. 

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #7990 on: September 04, 2019, 06:04:45 PM »
Anybody see the movie Fred Durst directed where John Travolta plays an autistic killer yet?

Expand Quote

[close]

Cruel Intentions 2 wasn't as good as the first one. It mostly reuses the story, but since it's a prequel you do get some additional background info that adds to the series, and it fleshes out a few characters more by showing some of their origin story. It's also notable for being one of Amy Adams' first acting roles.

Oh, and Midsommar was okay, pretty good.
Def seemed kinda self indulgent in parts, but that might just be worse in the director's cut.

slobplant

• Rep: -12
« Reply #7991 on: September 07, 2019, 04:50:22 AM »
Just took my mom and girlfriend to see IT Chapter 2 last night. It was honestly really good, they both screamed a couple times. Ending was slightly corny but that was a given, at least it wasn't as bad as Pet Sematary.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #7992 on: September 07, 2019, 06:47:42 AM »
The Dead Don’t Die was a bummer.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #7993 on: September 08, 2019, 05:46:49 PM »
Kind of a corny circle jerk. I loves me some Jarmusch too (not super into "Paterson" though).

Watched "Ride in The Whirlwind" last night, starring Jack Nicholson and Harry Dean Stanton (written by Nicholson). It was basically an analogy for current day skate cliques (released in '66).

fakie nollie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #7994 on: September 09, 2019, 09:08:03 PM »
My wife I watch a bunch of horror films and have come to the conclusion they need a different grading scale and cannot be judged shoulder-to-shoulder with regular films.

Just watched The Nun and it was pretty whatever. Sound design was pretty good, the spooks throughly 75% of it were good. Horrible story line.

Best horror film I have seen in recent times is Babadook (?). I think it accurately portrays what mental illness feels like to some.

GeorgeCostanza

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -16
« Reply #7995 on: September 14, 2019, 11:39:48 PM »

Yeah I hated it, the meta script stuff was so dumb
So Colllin have the same t-shirts, seven years by now, at least...

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 787
« Reply #7996 on: September 15, 2019, 03:35:26 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah I hated it, the meta script stuff was so dumb

one of the worst movies i've seen in a real long time
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

rawr1922

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #7997 on: September 19, 2019, 09:47:11 PM »
12 Monkeys

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #7998 on: September 20, 2019, 09:31:21 AM »
My wife I watch a bunch of horror films and have come to the conclusion they need a different grading scale and cannot be judged shoulder-to-shoulder with regular films.

Just watched The Nun and it was pretty whatever. Sound design was pretty good, the spooks throughly 75% of it were good. Horrible story line.

Best horror film I have seen in recent times is Babadook (?). I think it accurately portrays what mental illness feels like to some.

The Babadook was so gnarly. I was floored the first time I watched it; there's a rich set of characters and impending doom from the start that really drives you a little wild. I felt the same about Midsommar.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7999 on: September 20, 2019, 09:42:55 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Babadook was so gnarly. I was floored the first time I watched it; there's a rich set of characters and impending doom from the start that really drives you a little wild. I felt the same about Midsommar.
No way. I knew that little fucking kid was gonna use his dumb invention to save them in the end. As soon as I saw it I called it. There’s this problem lately in tv and movies that my girlfriend and I call “kid power”. It’s the stranger things, it, babadook thing where kids overcome some insane killer/monster/whatever by just being bright kids and using little inventions they make or fireworks or stupid shit like that. I hate it.

Childs Play the remake is the worst movie I have ever seen but I also saw It 2 a week ago and that’s a close 2nd for shit horror movies. 3 fucking hours??? That ending was so fucking dumb too. All these pointless storylines shoe horned in. The movie wanted to be horror, drama, comedy and it didn’t pull off any of them besides jump scares. The comedy parts were so bad. It was like adults acting like kids. It was that knock off Judd Apatow shit where people delivery a really crazy vulgar insult or joke with almost no expression. That or really obscure references that are the entire basis for the joke.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #8000 on: September 20, 2019, 09:57:38 AM »
Saps duz drugz
mArLeY

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #8001 on: September 21, 2019, 12:49:16 AM »
Watching John wick 3 tonight, without seeing it yet im putting my money on enjoying it

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8002 on: September 21, 2019, 07:53:49 AM »
Watching John wick 3 tonight, without seeing it yet im putting my money on enjoying it
loved seeing it in theaters. Fun movie. That Halle Berry shit was pointless though.

burtreynolds.jpeg

« Reply #8003 on: September 21, 2019, 02:39:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
loved seeing it in theaters. Fun movie. That Halle Berry shit was pointless though.

Great theater experience. The Halle Berry character works. She plays her part, and does it extremely well.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #8004 on: September 22, 2019, 02:10:30 AM »
Loved it, went into it expecting it to be the last of the franchise and thought it was gonna be wrapped up but pretty cool they pretty much ended setting up for a fourth.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #8005 on: September 22, 2019, 12:56:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
No way. I knew that little fucking kid was gonna use his dumb invention to save them in the end. As soon as I saw it I called it. There’s this problem lately in tv and movies that my girlfriend and I call “kid power”. It’s the stranger things, it, babadook thing where kids overcome some insane killer/monster/whatever by just being bright kids and using little inventions they make or fireworks or stupid shit like that. I hate it.

Childs Play the remake is the worst movie I have ever seen but I also saw It 2 a week ago and that’s a close 2nd for shit horror movies. 3 fucking hours??? That ending was so fucking dumb too. All these pointless storylines shoe horned in. The movie wanted to be horror, drama, comedy and it didn’t pull off any of them besides jump scares. The comedy parts were so bad. It was like adults acting like kids. It was that knock off Judd Apatow shit where people delivery a really crazy vulgar insult or joke with almost no expression. That or really obscure references that are the entire basis for the joke.

What kids invention?  I must have missed/forgotten that.

The nun was laughably shit.  90% of horror movies are shit.  Babadook one of the great ones.  Plus hereditary, blair witch

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8006 on: September 22, 2019, 01:01:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Great theater experience. The Halle Berry character works. She plays her part, and does it extremely well.
she was a pointless side story that made the movie longer than it needed to. That and the dogs were like the most boring kills in the movie.

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8007 on: September 22, 2019, 02:08:59 PM »
I watched Stand by Me legit for the first time the other day. I enjoyed it. Also watched IT part 2, it was ok... if a little drawn out.

FUCKINGLOUD

• Rep: -10
« Reply #8008 on: September 22, 2019, 02:27:58 PM »
WATCHED SPHERE ON FRIDAY TYHAT WAS ALRIGHT

THINKING ABOUT SEEING AD ASTRA BUT I HEARD ITS BORING AS FUCK. I LIKE SPACE MOVIES THOUGH

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #8009 on: September 22, 2019, 07:33:44 PM »
Watched The Big Short on Netflix. It's everything I want in a movie these days. Smart, informative, well-acted, well-paced, realistic, no prolonged drama or uncomfortable sex. Also really made me want to invest, which I still don't do.