Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 933165 times)

WastedHippy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #8010 on: September 23, 2019, 01:22:13 AM »
I watched Stand by Me legit for the first time the other day. I enjoyed it. Also watched IT part 2, it was ok... if a little drawn out.

Great movie with some great quotes

LordManHammer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #8011 on: September 23, 2019, 07:25:04 AM »
I recently went through a PT Anderson movie binge, Boogie Nights, Magnolia, Punch Drunk Love, There Will be Blood. I find each one relatable in various degrees from anxiety, depression, addiction, hope, misery, failure, redemption.......

Dueces Bitch's

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #8012 on: September 23, 2019, 07:39:22 AM »
Expand Quote
I watched Stand by Me legit for the first time the other day. I enjoyed it. Also watched IT part 2, it was ok... if a little drawn out.
[close]

“I cherish these moments”

Watched the craft yesterday and on like Saturday or Friday the 3 part Bill Gates doc on Netflix. It’s really interesting.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -195
« Reply #8013 on: September 23, 2019, 07:12:21 PM »
Watched Deliverance last night for the first time in over 10 years. I forgot how fucked up that movie truly was.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8014 on: September 23, 2019, 07:22:32 PM »
Watched Deliverance last night for the first time in over 10 years. I forgot how fucked up that movie truly was.
I actually started it around Friday for the first time ever. I'm about halfway through.

FUCKINGLOUD

• Rep: -10
« Reply #8015 on: September 23, 2019, 08:10:11 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I actually started it around Friday for the first time ever. I'm about halfway through.

50 THE KEY TO GET LAID ON THE FIRST DATE IS TO LIGHT SOME CANDLES AND THROW UP DELIVERANCE

RIGHT WHEN THE KID STARTS PLAYING THE BANJO YOU WHISTLE THE TUNE

WETTER THAN AN OTTERS POCKET OR YOUR MONEY BACK

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8016 on: September 23, 2019, 09:33:39 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Watched the craft yesterday and on like Saturday or Friday the 3 part Bill Gates doc on Netflix. It’s really interesting.

You are on a roll with good flicks

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #8017 on: September 23, 2019, 10:08:14 PM »

Very interesting look into the post colonial political landscape of Africa, despite slightly catering to conspiracy theorists with it's debunked subplot.

Fell asleep while watching Okja but Parasite was gripping 'til the end. Korean cinema seems to have genre fluidity on dial. At least that has been the case with all Bong Joon-ho's movies I've seen.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8018 on: September 23, 2019, 10:13:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You are on a roll with good flicks

Great movie to put on in the background to feel the Halloween spirit.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #8019 on: September 23, 2019, 11:22:45 PM »
I dont know how ive gone this far in life without watching Toy story but my girlfriend insisted we watch it the other weekend and just watched the second one last night. Pretty badass

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1181
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8020 on: September 25, 2019, 11:27:13 AM »
I dont know how ive gone this far in life without watching Toy story but my girlfriend insisted we watch it the other weekend and just watched the second one last night. Pretty badass

Damn bro, haha you need to catch up!

I'm about to watch The King of Comedy. Scorsese and De Niro. Somehow this is the only one of theirs I have not seen before.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8021 on: September 25, 2019, 11:54:29 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's a really good movie for sure.
FUCK YOU
not stoked on orcas today. leave the whales alone. big ass black and white motherfuckers. free willy can suck my dick

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8022 on: October 08, 2019, 06:56:39 AM »
Watched "3 From Hell" last night. I won't give out any spoilers though (which will make this post much shorter than it normally would have been).

My brother in law got it somehow (it's not out in all theaters yet) in 1080p.

It was very entertaining, but not as good as The Devil's Rejects. I was very disappointed in how short of a cameo Sid Haig (Captain Spaulding) actually has in this movie. He was in the movie for about 2 minutes total.

I definitely recommend seeing it.
FUCK YOU

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8023 on: October 08, 2019, 01:47:38 PM »
Watched Friday Night Lights for the first time, big fan of American football movies so not sure how this took me so long but it's a great one.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #8024 on: October 08, 2019, 10:29:38 PM »
Watched "3 From Hell" last night. I won't give out any spoilers though (which will make this post much shorter than it normally would have been).

It was very entertaining, but not as good as The Devil's Rejects. I was very disappointed in how short of a cameo Sid Haig (Captain Spaulding) actually has in this movie. He was in the movie for about 2 minutes total.

That's cuz Sid was on his deathbed during filming (a friend has a small role in the movie and she mentioned it). He passed away last Friday I think.
rip

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #8025 on: October 09, 2019, 06:39:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
That's cuz Sid was on his deathbed during filming (a friend has a small role in the movie and she mentioned it). He passed away last Friday I think.
rip

dang apparently these juggalos want their money back with no delay
RIP to Sid Haig and his illustrious career. 
longaevitas

The Mighty Pink Hole

• Rep: 25
« Reply #8026 on: October 10, 2019, 05:58:17 PM »

Doesn't Pancho Moler have a main role in 3 From Hell? I read somewhere that Wu Welsh has a part somewhere in the movie too.
i got shalom tatted on my face (im not joking)

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #8027 on: October 11, 2019, 03:24:35 PM »
Checking out that breaking bad movie, El camino or whatever tonight, kinda stoked for it, will return with a review

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

hangontoyourego

« Reply #8028 on: October 14, 2019, 06:02:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Damn bro, haha you need to catch up!

I'm about to watch The King of Comedy. Scorsese and De Niro. Somehow this is the only one of theirs I have not seen before.
Oh man I need to rewatch that . If I recall joe strummer and paul simonon from the clash make a few appearances   

Dog the Bounty Hunter

« Reply #8029 on: October 14, 2019, 07:47:13 PM »
Wife and I both had the day off today and she's been wanting to watch the Downton Abbey movie, so we went. It was aight. I watched the first season when it came out with her and just watched episodes here and there after, so it took me a minute to figure out the relationships. It was just a 2 hour episode about the King and Queen coming over, no closure or anything to the series.

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #8030 on: October 14, 2019, 10:20:56 PM »
Don’t bother watching number 3, it’s awful. If you haven’t seen many other Pixar movies though there’s some great ones. Finding Nemo and Monster’s INC are classics that you can still enjoy as an adult.

Garth Marenghi

« Reply #8031 on: October 17, 2019, 04:27:57 AM »

Zero expectations. Cute, yet not schmaltzy.

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8032 on: October 17, 2019, 11:01:45 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Doesn't Pancho Moler have a main role in 3 From Hell? I read somewhere that Wu Welsh has a part somewhere in the movie too.

Yes, Pancho Moler plays a relatively prominent role in the 2nd half of the movie.
FUCK YOU

DanTheDoucher

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8033 on: October 17, 2019, 11:03:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
rip

Yeah, he was just in the beginning. He was extremely skinny and you could just tell that he was in pretty bad shape.
FUCK YOU

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #8034 on: October 17, 2019, 12:04:43 PM »
Good Burger

wurfnnjs

• Rep: 0
« Reply #8035 on: October 17, 2019, 03:05:16 PM »
Christine. I liked it, but was kinda disappointed it wasn't scarier. Any super scary recommendations? I'm thinkin Halloween, as it's one of the few horror classics I haven't seen.

woodsman

• Rep: 65
« Reply #8036 on: October 17, 2019, 05:31:21 PM »
Hereditary is pretty scary.

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
  • Harley-Davidson Ironwing
« Reply #8037 on: October 20, 2019, 10:11:00 AM »
Finally saw Her (2013), and it was very good. i liked its impossible vision of future LA with proper public transit. it tales place in a world where car culture did not develop beyond the 1970s as car technology kept going. i also liked the romance stuff too obvi and also the ending was sad and a little fun. spike thanked lakai, girl and kostons family in the credits and the production company is titled like "the untitled Rick Howard company"
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

Raccoon Manne

• Rep: -48
« Reply #8038 on: October 26, 2019, 08:28:08 PM »
Beyond Thunderdome, what a magnificent film that portrays the lost survivors of Armageddon in the most realistic sense. The future will most likely look similar to this film instead of star trek or star wars.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8039 on: October 27, 2019, 07:40:16 AM »
I'm currently watching The Thing at work, easily Carpenters best work and the best remake.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"