Author Topic: The Last Good Movie You Saw?  (Read 928155 times)

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Last Good Movie You Saw?
« Reply #9210 on: August 12, 2022, 12:55:13 PM »
Evil dead 2 (1987)
A classic. Obvious why it's been copied a million times. Some effects look a little bad these days but that's expected with old movie + modern television. Every shot, effect, transition, line of dialogue is exactly what it needs to be. Little cheesy but that's part of the fun.
The best part about Evil Dead 2 is that it is the same as Evil Dead, but better.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #9211 on: August 14, 2022, 04:58:14 PM »
Watched Resurrection with my partner last night.  Super intesnse, psychological thriller.  Rebecca Hall and Tim Roth were both great, but holy shit...  Rebecca Hall!  Powerful, ego-less performance.

Surf The Earth

• Rep: 19
« Reply #9212 on: August 19, 2022, 08:34:17 PM »
just watched Ol Henry. Wow great little film, especially if your into westerns. Highly recommend. Tim Blake Nelson has an amazing performance, and its shot beautifully.
Proverbs 27:17

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #9213 on: August 20, 2022, 06:05:33 AM »
Belfast
Was pretty good. No bullshit just a story told well.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #9214 on: August 20, 2022, 08:50:18 AM »
i watched Barbarosa and Red Bearded Stranger yesterday. I luv Willy Nelson's voice. I sometimes wish i got into country music. Im good at it. If you asked me to kick a freestyle battle rap rn it would sound more like country style
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

323-BALM

• Rep: 46
« Reply #9215 on: August 20, 2022, 10:42:22 AM »
If you asked me to kick a freestyle battle rap rn it would sound more like country style

Im asking now
You've clearly never smelled a cauliflower fart.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
« Reply #9216 on: August 20, 2022, 01:29:32 PM »
I finally got around to seeing Nope in the theaters. I enjoyed it for sure, but also felt like I wish it was a little darker or more weird. I love Get Out and Us, but felt like Nope was a little more tame in ideas or execution. I still had fun watching it and hope Jordan Peele keeps going making movies.

Irvine-Sucks.com

stone cold steve austin

• Rep: -84
« Reply #9217 on: August 21, 2022, 04:21:34 AM »
Watched thirteen lives on Amazon. It’s about how these divers saved a Thai soccer team who got stuck in a cave. Pretty gnarly cause the soccer team was young kids and they had to get like extreme divers to rescue them.

I do recommend watching.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
« Reply #9218 on: August 21, 2022, 04:31:22 AM »
Watched thirteen lives on Amazon. It’s about how these divers saved a Thai soccer team who got stuck in a cave. Pretty gnarly cause the soccer team was young kids and they had to get like extreme divers to rescue them.

I do recommend watching.

Yes!   I remember the whole thing happening but maybe bc it was happening during the 2018 WC I didn’t pay attention to the specifics.   I thought it was young adults and had no idea it involved an 6 hour scuba journey through the caves each way to get the kids out, let alone the insane method they used to get the kids out, which I won’t spoil in case there’s anyone like me who didn’t know/forgot.   Ron Howard should just stick to real life rescue mission movies

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #9219 on: August 22, 2022, 10:16:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Edge of Tomorrow was pretty sick. Lots of great action.
[close]

Yeah that was one of my favorite like straight up action movies in recent years
Think it kinda flopped even, I know they changed the title after it was released, thinking it would sell better

I read the studio and director comprised on the title release and that’s why Live. Die. Repeat. is in the biggest font on the cover. Edge of Tomorrow sounds like a worse movie, at least to me. But that could be my ill feelings toward Day After Tomorrow.

Anybody On the Fence: Seeing the movie repeat wasn’t a drag at all and they used it humorously; it wasn’t heavy on the exposition in an annoying way, and they kept it pretty short overall. Plus Tom Cruise gets his arse kicked a ton! Really well done and refreshing in a time where we have thousands of action movies to choose from. Crossing my fingers for a sequel.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #9220 on: August 24, 2022, 10:17:54 AM »
Came here to echo the praise for Thirteen Lives. That was probably the most intense movie I've ever watched.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #9221 on: August 24, 2022, 07:02:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Think it kinda flopped even, I know they changed the title after it was released, thinking it would sell better

[close]

I read the studio and director comprised on the title release and that’s why Live. Die. Repeat. is in the biggest font on the cover. Edge of Tomorrow sounds like a worse movie, at least to me. But that could be my ill feelings toward Day After Tomorrow.

Anybody On the Fence: Seeing the movie repeat wasn’t a drag at all and they used it humorously; it wasn’t heavy on the exposition in an annoying way, and they kept it pretty short overall. Plus Tom Cruise gets his arse kicked a ton! Really well done and refreshing in a time where we have thousands of action movies to choose from. Crossing my fingers for a sequel.

the day after tomorrow fucked my head as a kid. its why i have a nuclear bomb tattoo drawn from a reoccurring nightmare that well outlasted the cold war.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9222 on: August 24, 2022, 08:16:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

the day after tomorrow fucked my head as a kid. its why i have a nuclear bomb tattoo drawn from a reoccurring nightmare that well outlasted the cold war.

The Jake Gyllenhaal movie?

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #9223 on: August 25, 2022, 11:03:01 AM »
Seeing The Third Man in a theater tonight, second time watching it
www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9yyDEDGlr0

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1441
« Reply #9224 on: August 25, 2022, 12:13:01 PM »

Fucking a plus film. I love me some Joseph Cotten

shredder sequel

• Rep: 58
« Reply #9225 on: August 25, 2022, 07:46:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That movie goes. The episodes of Welles’ “The Third Man” radio show that you can find on streaming platforms are a fun listen.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -60
« Reply #9226 on: August 30, 2022, 06:26:27 AM »
Since yesterday was the OG Judgement day date, I rewatched T2: Judgement Day. I like the original better, but still, such a classic movie. Arnold forever.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9227 on: August 30, 2022, 06:37:35 AM »
Since yesterday was the OG Judgement day date, I rewatched T2: Judgement Day. I like the original better, but still, such a classic movie. Arnold forever.

You don’t fuck with James Cameron and sequels.   It’s why I’m pumped for Avatar 2

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9228 on: August 30, 2022, 11:59:07 AM »
Still bummed we never got a Titanic 2.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #9229 on: August 30, 2022, 12:00:31 PM »
Still bummed we never got a Titanic 2.

buckle up it’s a wild ride

https://youtu.be/cSfSGKmmFrM

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #9230 on: August 30, 2022, 03:47:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

That movie goes. The episodes of Welles’ “The Third Man” radio show that you can find on streaming platforms are a fun listen.

Oh I didn't even know that was a thing. Thanks, will def check out.

Saw Vertigo in a theater with my mom this afternoon & we were both on Xanax, genuinely beautiful experience on multiple levels
www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lvaahmgmz8w
Whole movie is obviously gorgeous, but I've been watching that new GX vid a ton this past week, so it was cool to see old old SF

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #9231 on: September 15, 2022, 05:49:31 AM »
Red rocket
Knew nothing about this. The poster and info were purposely misleading but I think in a good way. Has i think mostly non actors but it actually works and they're all pretty good. Don't read reviews I think there's a lot of dumb people out there. Looks great too. Weirdly reminds me of some people you tend to meet thru skating.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #9232 on: September 18, 2022, 10:13:45 PM »
for the movieheads in here, just got out of TIFF 2022 and watched a fuck ton of flicks. the list goes from best to worst. i think most of you guys will like The Maiden. loosely graffiti/skate related and pretty impactful film depending your poison. similar vibe to Elephant by Gus Van Sant.

spielberg flick was really good, new knives out was great but i prefer the OG better. weird al biopic definitely something else.

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1441
« Reply #9233 on: September 19, 2022, 10:08:38 PM »
The outfit. Absolute masterclass. Mark Rylance, Zoey Deutch, Johnny Flynn, Dylan Obrien and Simon Russell Beale all absolutely killed it. Lovely film

ridethegutter

• Rep: 62
« Reply #9234 on: September 19, 2022, 11:17:24 PM »
I just watched Studio 666 and Barbarian. Both were pretty good. Going to see Pearl today.

quaintly

• Rep: 10
« Reply #9235 on: September 20, 2022, 01:08:49 AM »
just watched Ol Henry. Wow great little film, especially if your into westerns. Highly recommend. Tim Blake Nelson has an amazing performance, and its shot beautifully.

I concur

jamersonbass

• Rep: 70
« Reply #9236 on: September 20, 2022, 08:23:58 AM »
I just watched Studio 666 and Barbarian. Both were pretty good. Going to see Pearl today.

Let me know what you think of Pearl. I was kind of disappointed by it.

left knee cap

• Rep: 118
  • $$$$
« Reply #9237 on: September 20, 2022, 02:46:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Let me know what you think of Pearl. I was kind of disappointed by it.

I liked it more or less than X. Pearl felt like I was watching a John Waters joint while paying tribute to the Golden Age of Hollywood.

Interesting to see where they take MaXXXine. That was a shock to the crowd when that went up on the screen.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9238 on: September 20, 2022, 04:02:57 PM »

I know there are a lot of WKUK fans on here like @Buttfart Rapedick - so I wasn’t sure if it was common knowledge Barbarian was written and directed by Zach Cregger

winecrab

• Rep: -176
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #9239 on: September 20, 2022, 04:25:27 PM »
Anyone watch the Bowie movie moonage daydream yet? Super stoked to see it.