Author Topic: jason dill appreciation  (Read 23645 times)

killing time

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 19
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Do you want to put a saddle on the lion of Juddah and ride it back to babylon?

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
Re: jason dill appreciation
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 12:00:08 PM »
You may have taken care of it with your own post.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 12:02:16 PM »
His Photosynthesis part never gets old.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Jura

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2008, 12:16:16 PM »
Appreciated.

Highly.

killing time

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »
his mosaic part was all lines

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2008, 12:20:21 PM »
I didn't like his Skate More part at all. I am not sure if it was the East Coast skating thing but the guy just didn't do it for me. Photosynthesis was dope though......
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

alienlurkshop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 24
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2008, 12:31:34 PM »
I'm really curious to see what his mind field part will be like
RIP Van

lakai!

• Rep: -94
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2008, 12:37:19 PM »
Dilll's my nigga

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2008, 12:39:48 PM »
his mosaic part was all lines
thats the best part about it....his mindfield part won't be a let down...
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2008, 12:49:10 PM »
Dill is an idiot now. Every skateboarder that moves to new york turns into a fucking clown and quits skateboarding/becomes less good.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2008, 12:55:15 PM »
His other parts aren't so bad, but his Mosaic part is the most trite, contrived piece of shit I have ever seen.
Everybody thought the line in Photo where he gets off the board is sick, so in Mosaic he just does these bullshit "lines" where he stops, gets off the board, and turns around, and does all sorts of other stupid shit that ruins the flow of the line. Where I am from, if you get off the board, stop, turn around, make a sandwich, and eat it before continuing the line, the fucking line is over.
Also, that part where they acted like he was such a wild world traveler for going to the most overexposed skate city outside of southern California just annoyed me. Wow Dill! You got to go to barcelona? Whats it like over there? Do they even have skatespots?
His whole "creative" crap is just some hipster "I'm an artist" bullshit if you ask me.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

lakai!

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 12:57:50 PM »
Dill is an idiot now. Every skateboarder that moves to new york turns into a fucking clown and quits skateboarding/becomes less good.
are you stupid? zered bassett, gonz, cairo, hassler and most of the fiveboro team aren't slacking or anything

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 12:59:52 PM »
When did Cairo move to New York. As far as I know he lives in Oakland.

coop D.O.G.G.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
  • I'm thirsty
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 01:01:15 PM »
I didn't like his Skate More part at all. I am not sure if it was the East Coast skating thing but the guy just didn't do it for me. Photosynthesis was dope though......

I like his new shit, his photo part is classic but i enjoy watchin DVS just as much for sum reason. call me a kook i dont give a shit
and here comes coop dogg.....................

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 01:04:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
are you stupid? zered bassett, gonz, cairo, hassler and most of the fiveboro team aren't slacking or anything
Hassler=slacker, gonz is not a skateboarder anymore, cairo i couldn't care less about that guy anyway. 5boro dudes already live in new york, for the most part, so they really can't become any worse really. If danny falla moved to la, he would become super amazing.
Expand Quote
[close]

I like his new shit, his photo part is classic but i enjoy watchin DVS just as much for sum reason. call me a kook i dont give a shit
His part in skate more isn't really that bad, but it's a huge step down from how good he used to be. Skateboarders that aren't from the east coast should not move to new york, It corrupts them and they turn into lazy hipster scum.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 01:07:36 PM by ChildoftheGhetto »

Sony MDR V2 headphones

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »
I loved his skate more part.

killing time

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 01:12:53 PM »
His other parts aren't so bad, but his Mosaic part is the most trite, contrived piece of shit I have ever seen.
Everybody thought the line in Photo where he gets off the board is sick, so in Mosaic he just does these bullshit "lines" where he stops, gets off the board, and turns around, and does all sorts of other stupid shit that ruins the flow of the line. Where I am from, if you get off the board, stop, turn around, make a sandwich, and eat it before continuing the line, the fucking line is over.
Also, that part where they acted like he was such a wild world traveler for going to the most overexposed skate city outside of southern California just annoyed me. Wow Dill! You got to go to barcelona? Whats it like over there? Do they even have skatespots?
His whole "creative" crap is just some hipster "I'm an artist" bullshit if you ask me.

last time i checked skateboarding never had any writen rules...  if people are into his stuff, then they are.  the whole community isnt where your from.  so the fuck what if he went to barcelona.  at least he didnt do some skydiver trick down macba 4.  instead he got a bangin line with the most potent nollie backside heel flip.  

lakai!

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »
cairo lived in new york for a bit in 06. childoftheghetto: its not that they're slacking its just the fact that in new york you're not gonna find some random highschool with a 20 set like in socal in fact the majority of new york highschools are just tall ass buildings with a football/baseball field behind it so they buasicly have to skate whatever they can find. if they lived in socal of course they'll be rail/stair guys because thats the environment. lets face it if you live in socal you're not gonna be skating some random sculpture so its not slacking they're just forced to adapt to the new terrain. I'm really into some of the new york locals like scotty, pensyl, falla etc. because i know that shit's hard. the new york guys would probably skate handrails and shit if they could but even if they don't they can still be amazing. i don't know if this trick is hard or not but that scotty guy did a fricking back board to hurricane and it was fucking sick. seriously ghetto just come visit here and try to skate some of the spots you see all the new york guys skate you'll see that the simple-looking shit you see em do in the videos are actually hard as fuck.

LENNIEKIRKSBIBLE

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2008, 01:27:43 PM »
There was a thing on Dill in TSM a year or so back, that Fat Bill did, and in it he talks about how Dill only likes to skate certain spots. To the point where he'll go there over and over again, just to get different shit done. So basically his Mosaic and Skate More parts are exactly that. Skate More was Miami, Mosaic was LA and Barcelona. For the most part.

I think Jason Dill is a fucking tool. But every part he's ever put out has been golden. He will always be in my top 5 skateboard fuckers.

I don't give a shit what comes out of his mouth, just what he does with his feet.

And yeah, NYC makes you a lazy scumbag hipster, but are you seriously trying to tell me LA isn't full of exactly the same shit, and exactly the same people?! Hello COBRASNAKESUPREMEAMERICANAPPARELCHADMUSKA.COM

At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.

lakai!

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2008, 01:35:08 PM »
i see what you're saying but you can't categorize every new york skater as a hipster. thats more of a Manhattan thing. but brooklyn is a different story. even thought the majority of pros/ams in brooklyn are just local guys who don't really get that much coverage they're far away from being h8ipsters. i never thoguht zered was the hipster type. hes getting decent coverage and hes always killing it

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2008, 01:36:31 PM »
There was a thing on Dill in TSM a year or so back, that Fat Bill did, and in it he talks about how Dill only likes to skate certain spots. To the point where he'll go there over and over again, just to get different shit done. So basically his Mosaic and Skate More parts are exactly that. Skate More was Miami, Mosaic was LA and Barcelona. For the most part.

I think Jason Dill is a fucking tool. But every part he's ever put out has been golden. He will always be in my top 5 skateboard fuckers.

I don't give a shit what comes out of his mouth, just what he does with his feet.

And yeah, NYC makes you a lazy scumbag hipster, but are you seriously trying to tell me LA isn't full of exactly the same shit, and exactly the same people?! Hello COBRASNAKESUPREMEAMERICANAPPARELCHADMUSKA.COM

At least when you're a washed-out hipster douchebag in NY, you can milk it at some decent looking, hard to skate spots. In LA you're just a tan-lined faggot in a school yard somewhere.
Even if that were true, which it isn't, the level of skateboarding makes up for it. In la to even be considered kinda good and get on a decent shop, you have to be doing some super sick shit.

LENNIEKIRKSBIBLE

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2008, 01:38:19 PM »
Hahahahaha. you're kidding right?

lakai!

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2008, 01:39:57 PM »
oh yeah fs flip another highschool stair set  ::)

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2008, 01:41:42 PM »
there are niggas out here doing flip in shit on rails and super tech lines that can barely get flow.

Hatechild

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2008, 01:57:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
there are niggas out here doing flip in shit on rails and super tech lines that can barely get flow.
The problem is that the majority of them can't even push corretly. Dill on the other hand has good style and has been killing it for over a decade. I respect his skating now and in the past. Here's some more to appreciate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkM5mSpuj8M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc7lLUxI_Go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h47LmkNdqvE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaUYq44e0gI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcqWUFa0jaU
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 02:03:54 PM by Hatechild »

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2008, 02:02:17 PM »
I bet dill has got some good stories to tell. His skateboarding puts a smile on my face.

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2008, 02:15:39 PM »
I think he's Trilogy part was sick. He has so much pop( I don't think he gets enough recognition) on his flatground tricks like his line in Mosiac where he nollie bs heel.

cahl

« Reply #27 on: May 29, 2008, 02:28:17 PM »
I think he's Trilogy part was sick. He has so much pop( I don't think he gets enough recognition) on his flatground tricks like his line in Mosiac where he nollie bs heel.

jason dill is gnar and so is your avatar and sig-nit-char

(rap)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008, 02:38:48 PM by CAHLifornia »

The Pillar

• Rep: 17
« Reply #28 on: May 29, 2008, 02:37:10 PM »
That Feedback part takes me back. young AVE and Dill opened the video properly.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2008, 02:40:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

last time i checked skateboarding never had any writen rules...  if people are into his stuff, then they are.  the whole community isnt where your from.  so the fuck what if he went to barcelona.  at least he didnt do some skydiver trick down macba 4.  instead he got a bangin line with the most potent nollie backside heel flip. 
I don't give a shit about the whole community. I think it sucked, and was some contrived bullshit attempt to be creative while simultaneously only skating ledges and flatground at blown out spots.
And "so the fuck what if he went to Barcelona?" Exactly, only a lame motherfucker like Dill would act like that matters.
I like his other parts, and he has some damn good pop, but Mosaic was one of the cheesiest attempts at art ever.