Author Topic: the photography thread.  (Read 717340 times)

Hercules Rockefeller

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: the photography thread.
« Reply #6480 on: February 27, 2017, 11:18:24 PM »
really nice postprocessing (and photos in general). i am still trying to find a proper lightroom preset that doesn`t mess up my x100s files detail too much.

5dmk3, sigma 35mm, first 2 with super trendy insta filters.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:28:25 PM by Hercules Rockefeller »

Matze

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -19
    • www.matthiaswinkel.com avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6481 on: March 01, 2017, 10:10:41 AM »

Matze

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6482 on: March 01, 2017, 10:28:47 AM »

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6483 on: March 01, 2017, 10:59:46 AM »
^ beautiful stuff.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6484 on: March 01, 2017, 11:52:45 AM »
oh boy..

Matze

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6485 on: March 02, 2017, 05:03:38 AM »
thank's guys  :-*

Randozzi

« Reply #6486 on: March 04, 2017, 12:38:42 AM »
So great man!!!

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 992
« Reply #6487 on: March 07, 2017, 11:08:34 AM »
not a photographer but was stoked on this iphone pic i took this morning and didn't know where else to share it .. was taking a pic to show my wife this crazy tree trimmer that was about 40 ft up on these tiny branches with no harness
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

Fishsticks

• Rep: 30
« Reply #6488 on: March 10, 2017, 11:52:34 AM »
Anyone on here like Garry Winogrand? A kickstarter for an upcoming documentary on him can be found here:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1451445703/garry-winogrand-all-things-are-photographable?ref=nav_search

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6489 on: March 13, 2017, 12:55:18 AM »
Went on a Euro trip with my fiancee a month ago to Iceland, London, Paris, Venice and Rome.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 07:43:55 PM by Fongstarr. »
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1362
« Reply #6490 on: March 13, 2017, 01:32:43 AM »
Damn Fongstarr those are incredible

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6491 on: March 13, 2017, 03:43:11 AM »
i think iceland is for photography what barcelona is to skateboarding. amazing stuff fong!

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
« Reply #6492 on: March 13, 2017, 09:07:52 AM »

First one is Iphone second is nex 6

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 317
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6493 on: March 13, 2017, 09:59:35 AM »
i think iceland is for photography what barcelona is to skateboarding. amazing stuff fong!

Thanks man. Definitely true on your statement. Even in the travel sense, Iceland has gained so much popularity even in the last 2 years. I went there about 2 and a half years ago as my first international trip just cause I was hearing about the buzz from photographers with the cheap flights and getting to see the northern lights. It was mostly older adults on my flight or photo hobbiest. This past February coming out of SF, almost 50% of the people on the plane were people under 30 years old and just tons of minorities from Asians, Indians, etc. But I think in general, everyone has taken photography and traveling a little more serious whether it just be because of Instagram or just a millennial mindset. Its a cool place to go but only for people that like that kind of landscape in a country. I still haven't seen the northern lights while I was up there due to weather conditions, so it's almost given me another incentive to go back just to take photos of that.   
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Molte

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 170
« Reply #6494 on: March 14, 2017, 04:12:34 AM »
I had a photo feature in a new Danish initiative short before Christmas. I'm really happy with it, and proud of having my first feature out.

It's run around 3/4 through the magazine, called Kims Kiosk i Sverige, which means Kims Kiosk in Sweeden.

It was a short tour through thursday to sunday, driving a few hundred kilometers from Copenhagen to Gothenburg. Shit loads if things happened, all from encounters with gypsies, a short visit at a forest rave to one of the tour participants straight up murdering a Swedish girl in a skatepark... three times.. with the rest of us sleeping in tents right next to... and her friend filming the seance.. and with straight up murdering I mean fucking.
She asked for anybody to finish her after third time, and with nobody responsing from any of the tents her and her friend took off.

The feature doesn't tell much about these affairs, neither the text, and well, didn't catch much grime on cam and the feature was supposed to work as a little adv. for Kim also doing skateboard classes for kids on the side. That makes no white powder infected photos of phonos a present case.

The feature is shot on: Fuji x100 s, Canon 550d and Canon 40d
With: 24-70 mm  2.8 Canon, 50 mm 1.8 Canon and some 8 mm fish which is from Belarus as far as I remember and everything is shot in natural light.

Credited is my birth name, Kristian Ravnsb?k Moltesen

http://pusherskatemag.dk/
There's also a video clip conected to the feature, which is the case to more or less every feature in the mag.

I did post it on on UWTB, but didn't recieve much respons on it.
I hope that you guys will like it! :)
Christ airs, airwalks and darkslides

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
« Reply #6495 on: March 14, 2017, 09:15:06 AM »

Abandoned theme park of some sort? Very eery!

Loving your work Matze.

VCR

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 198
« Reply #6496 on: March 17, 2017, 11:59:09 AM »
Lot's of good stuff in this thread

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #6497 on: March 19, 2017, 05:22:45 PM »
So since my DSLR got stolen out of my apartment, I decided to get a mirrorless Fuji. I've been experimenting a bit and so far I don't regret my choice, it's really fun to use.

P.S. Fongstarr, you really master the art of illumination, sick! So I guess you and some others here are really professional, keep 'em coming =)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2017, 07:04:30 PM by _UniversalTruth_ »
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6498 on: March 19, 2017, 05:31:26 PM »
Any of you dudes have any film recommendations? I've only shot superia and wanted to try some other stuff.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #6499 on: March 19, 2017, 10:34:57 PM »
Any of you dudes have any film recommendations? I've only shot superia and wanted to try some other stuff.
If you're down to drop some money, Portra is a really nice all around film. Ektar is cool if you shoot a lot in the day and want really vibrant colors. If you're more into low/artificial light, Cinestill is definitely worth trying. There's always B&W film too, but just make sure your lab can develop it first.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #6500 on: March 19, 2017, 11:01:20 PM »
was just gifted a nikon d90. excited to mess around.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6501 on: March 19, 2017, 11:43:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
If you're down to drop some money, Portra is a really nice all around film. Ektar is cool if you shoot a lot in the day and want really vibrant colors. If you're more into low/artificial light, Cinestill is definitely worth trying. There's always B&W film too, but just make sure your lab can develop it first.
Appreciate the response, definitely gonna try some of those out

Sondor

• Rep: 60
« Reply #6502 on: March 20, 2017, 12:16:38 AM »
Really nice stuff guys!

Bought my first SLR ~3 months ago, and I'm hooked since. Doing street photography while skateing is the best.
here are some scans:

Usually I share my pics on insta (shameless self-advertisement  ;D  ). Also I'm open for any criticism

https://www.instagram.com/sondor8d/

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #6503 on: April 11, 2017, 01:35:12 AM »
Do many of you guys use polarising filters? I've never used one before but am soon to go on a trip where I'll be out in the desert and some other environments with fairly coarse sun so seems like it might be a good thing to carry. I typically use a UV filter but more so for lens protection than optical effect.

Also, thinking of upgrading from Canon 5dii to 6d. Doesn't seem like a massive step up as the auto focus appears similar but hoping sensor quality and high speed ISO might be an improvement. Any suggestions?
Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 49
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #6504 on: April 11, 2017, 01:18:01 PM »
was just gifted a nikon d90. excited to mess around.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/918893-REG/sigma_30mm_f_1_4_dc_hsm.html

save up for this lens, it'll be the only one you'll ever need for that camera/any other aps-c nikon.
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #6505 on: April 12, 2017, 12:39:17 PM »
All these ar 35mm, either expired kodak or the black and white is Illford 3200
A lot of these are Ollies, sorry
Terrill Robinson $EightDollars

Phillip Santoussa, onwer of Humidity in downtown New Orleans

Stephen Serrano krooked grind, 35mm with flashes

This dudes name is Matches, he can nose pick anything

Black and White with flashes, first time doing that one, but yet another Ollie

Lance Chapin of Killing Floor

Terrill Robinson Noseblunt second try
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:51:09 PM by natenola forever »

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #6506 on: April 14, 2017, 08:14:54 AM »
^ Those are great, man!

yatallfreak

• Rep: 11
« Reply #6507 on: April 16, 2017, 01:07:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I just got some film for my trip to New Orleans this weekend and grabbed a roll of Ektar100 since I've never tried it before. Anything I should know about it before trying to go shoot with it? With my luck there'd be some specific little things to do differently while shooting with it that I'd miss out on. Especially since I'm used to B&W film at an ISO of 400-200.

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
« Reply #6508 on: April 16, 2017, 06:09:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
I just got some film for my trip to New Orleans this weekend and grabbed a roll of Ektar100 since I've never tried it before. Anything I should know about it before trying to go shoot with it? With my luck there'd be some specific little things to do differently while shooting with it that I'd miss out on. Especially since I'm used to B&W film at an ISO of 400-200.
I don't really like how darker skin tones look with it, I've found that paler skin looks better. Besides that, I would definitely try to think about colors when using it because if you do it right, the film can make colors pop a lot more. I've also had decent luck shooting it with flash in my point and shoot if you're worried about not having enough light.

Sorry I couldn't help more, I haven't shot as much ektar as I have other films!

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #6509 on: April 17, 2017, 09:16:29 AM »
I say just try a bunch of different shit, thats kinda what gets me excited about shooting is just seeing whats gonna happen with these diff films, if you want things to be perfect just shoot some digi, i got about 60 rolls of expired film for dirt cheap 2 years ago and i'm still shooting that, and it's great cuz theyre all random rolls and have expired at diff times. My go to film is illford 3200 black and white you can pretty much be lazy as hell cuz you have so much light latitude and it has so much grain it's pretty much the opposite of digital. Illford 800 black and white has pretty unique looking grain to it if you like grain but crisp film, the illford 400 is really clean. If i'm shooting color i just buy the $2.50 a roll kodak stuff, if i want it to be a little grimier i get some high ISO Lomography stuff, their website carries some pretty interesting films. just try random films you'll find stuff you like.