Author Topic: the photography thread.  (Read 718581 times)

slippy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 87
Re: the photography thread.
« Reply #6750 on: November 27, 2018, 01:35:08 PM »
Been running my Fuji GW690III like crazy lately.  Found if on OfferUp for $400 and was pretty stoked, barely any film had been run through it.  Took a snowboarding trip with my wife and a couple friends last week to Lake Louise in Canada and shot three rolls.  Feeling super lucky to have been able to break out of the desert for a bit and just picked up my film today!  Hopefully some shots turn out good when I scan them in, I already know my drunk ass shot at least one frame with the lens cap on (goddamn rangefinders!)
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6751 on: November 27, 2018, 01:38:49 PM »
yet another product shot of a gun but here's one i shot today at work for the back cover for their new catalog.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 169
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #6752 on: November 27, 2018, 02:38:05 PM »
You could kill at least 5 people with that photo.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #6753 on: November 27, 2018, 02:42:18 PM »
MF rangefinders are contenders for sure!
My regular shop is pretty much out of interesting cameras, as they had a big sale on black friday.
I have issues against eBay, I much prefer the cameras and lenses to be tested by professionals even if it means I'd miss out on some sweet deals.

dragonblade

• Rep: -12
« Reply #6754 on: November 27, 2018, 04:11:47 PM »
Speaking of MF rangefinders, Ive got a Koni Omega Rapid which I haven't used for a while. These cameras were made during the 60s and 70s and shoot 6 x 7cm film. All mechanical. They were intended primarily for press photography but they got the timing wrong - by around that time, 35mm started to be the norm for newspapers etc. Apparently, they did become very popular with wedding photographers and also aerial photography from planes.

Mine had this really weird issue with cable releases. The camera would only accept very sturdy cable releases and many of those would work perfectly fine for about a week. After a week, they wouldn't always fire the shutter - it was just down to luck whether they would or not.

I remember walking uphill before sunrise to shoot a landscape. I was carrying the Koni and a bulky tripod. When the first light appeared on the hills, it was really soft and appealing. I depressed the cable release and nothing happened. I tried again - nothing. I tried repeatedly and the cable release refused to trip the shutter. Eventually, it did fire but by that time, it was too late. The light had lost it's softness. Talk about unreliability.

I believe at one point, I did manage to obtain a cable release that worked all the time but I may have lost that one later.

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #6755 on: November 30, 2018, 05:04:48 AM »
^^^
That's a bummer, nothing worse than a camera issue at the wrong time, especially when you're waking up early to get the shot. I tend to carry two cameras in situations like that, just incase. Usually a point and shoot that's easily pocketable.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #6756 on: December 01, 2018, 06:04:05 AM »
I got some film back yesterday and thought I'd share a little bit. Any feedback would be appreciated :^)

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2287
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6757 on: December 01, 2018, 09:44:11 AM »
I like the mood a few of those present. That last one is great too

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 753
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #6758 on: December 01, 2018, 02:42:58 PM »
Shot some shit yesterday.

For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

hangontoyourego

« Reply #6759 on: December 01, 2018, 06:56:20 PM »
Shot some shit yesterday.

Amazing . These shot on film ?

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6760 on: December 01, 2018, 07:48:53 PM »
I wish. I wouldn’t know the first thing about film. Canon 60d. I’m surprised I was able to make any of that turn out as it was just on the cusp of being too dark.

Thanks for the kind words, by the way.

hangontoyourego

« Reply #6761 on: December 01, 2018, 07:58:44 PM »
I wish. I wouldn’t know the first thing about film. Canon 60d. I’m surprised I was able to make any of that turn out as it was just on the cusp of being too dark.

Thanks for the kind words, by the way.

For sure , I have a canon g9x and figuring it out . I tons few decent photos last nite .

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 08:06:11 PM by hangontoyourego »

rickynorse

• Rep: 7
« Reply #6762 on: December 09, 2018, 10:20:39 AM »

mongopushingmallgraber

• Rep: 31
    • Voicemail avatar image
« Reply #6763 on: December 10, 2018, 07:27:00 AM »
Hell yea dudes! Photos are sick 8)
I hate instagram so I made a website to put all my photos
https://www.xn--vicemail-54a.com/
lmk if you like it :)

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #6764 on: December 14, 2018, 04:06:09 PM »
Some randoms from this past year.

« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 04:08:12 PM by sometimeperhaps »

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 997
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6765 on: December 14, 2018, 06:53:49 PM »

What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6766 on: December 20, 2018, 05:38:33 PM »
in the market for a new camera .. kinda wanna pull the trigger and get a m6 but is it really worth it if it’s still 35mm .. i think i should get a medium format camera if i want better results, right?

someone tell me what to do .. thinking about something like a mamiya 6 so i can shoot like a 35mm vs staring down into the viewfinder like a 500c

call for help

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6767 on: December 21, 2018, 12:35:36 PM »
I’m not a huge film guy but the mamiya 6 is so sweet. Just a hassle getting medium format film and developing it.

New year is about to start and I’m considering trying to shoot a photo a day for a year, I probably come close doing that without trying but it would be cool to shoot edit and post a pic daily. Anyone ever take that task on?

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6768 on: January 03, 2019, 07:10:56 PM »
Bumping because I shot these today. First time in a while I didn't have to beg someone to keep doing tricks over and over again.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6769 on: January 04, 2019, 09:44:59 AM »
Went to AZ during New Years weekend. Went to all the tourist spots and crazy enough, it snowed.

I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

slippy

« Reply #6770 on: January 04, 2019, 09:57:04 AM »
I’m not a huge film guy but the mamiya 6 is so sweet. Just a hassle getting medium format film and developing it.

New year is about to start and I’m considering trying to shoot a photo a day for a year, I probably come close doing that without trying but it would be cool to shoot edit and post a pic daily. Anyone ever take that task on?

That'd be awesome, I wish you the best of luck!  I was just thinking about how I probably haven't shot in a month, feel dumb having all that stuff sit around.  I totally agree the mamiya 6 is so damn cool, if I was a rich man i'd get a Mamiya 7II, right now someone's selling a kit on apug.com for $2k.  If anyone has that kind of money burning a hole in their pocket that's an unreal deal.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6771 on: January 04, 2019, 10:13:31 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That'd be awesome, I wish you the best of luck!  I was just thinking about how I probably haven't shot in a month, feel dumb having all that stuff sit around.  I totally agree the mamiya 6 is so damn cool, if I was a rich man i'd get a Mamiya 7II, right now someone's selling a kit on apug.com for $2k.  If anyone has that kind of money burning a hole in their pocket that's an unreal deal.

when i was in school they gave us a mamiya 645 afd ii to use for the year and soon after we got the leaf aptus digital back. thing was so heavy but the photos were unreal, it sucked giving that back after graduation knowing ill never use gear like that again.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #6772 on: January 04, 2019, 12:06:02 PM »
Damn fongstarr, the last photo is so sick!

slippy

« Reply #6773 on: January 04, 2019, 12:17:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

when i was in school they gave us a mamiya 645 afd ii to use for the year and soon after we got the leaf aptus digital back. thing was so heavy but the photos were unreal, it sucked giving that back after graduation knowing ill never use gear like that again.

That's nuts!  I'd love to try some of that stuff out.  Perhaps you have done things like this before but I've been so pleased with just an epson 550 scanner for 120 negatives.  I also use a canon pixma pro 100 and aim to print one 13x19 print a week.  Those scanners can be found super cheap on offerup, craigslist, etc I got mine for $75.  Also that printer isn't the best out but makes beautiful professional level prints and due to a coupon that came with the new 5d body for a free printer there are still a decent amount floating around.  ended up getting mine for $80 with ink new. 

Maybe you've done printing and scanning at home but I've been so surprised by the quality and cost effectiveness of this lil setup for film.  Not to ramble on but modding the ink cartridges to be refillable is SO easy and saves me loads on ink.  literally cut $110 dollars for ink to $8.  Crazy what they charge.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6774 on: January 04, 2019, 01:04:51 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

That's nuts!  I'd love to try some of that stuff out.  Perhaps you have done things like this before but I've been so pleased with just an epson 550 scanner for 120 negatives.  I also use a canon pixma pro 100 and aim to print one 13x19 print a week.  Those scanners can be found super cheap on offerup, craigslist, etc I got mine for $75.  Also that printer isn't the best out but makes beautiful professional level prints and due to a coupon that came with the new 5d body for a free printer there are still a decent amount floating around.  ended up getting mine for $80 with ink new. 

Maybe you've done printing and scanning at home but I've been so surprised by the quality and cost effectiveness of this lil setup for film.  Not to ramble on but modding the ink cartridges to be refillable is SO easy and saves me loads on ink.  literally cut $110 dollars for ink to $8.  Crazy what they charge.

YO i have the same printer, i love it. ive printed a bunch from it.  havent scanned anything in years because i havent shot medium format in years, but i wouldnt mind getting a decent medium format twin lens camera one day, but until then its a canon 80d and fujix100f

straight

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6775 on: January 04, 2019, 02:04:01 PM »
damn fongstar wow ..
here’s some shots of my couch’s life
 lmk what you think

slippy

« Reply #6776 on: January 04, 2019, 02:06:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

YO i have the same printer, i love it. ive printed a bunch from it.  havent scanned anything in years because i havent shot medium format in years, but i wouldnt mind getting a decent medium format twin lens camera one day, but until then its a canon 80d and fujix100f

Hell yeah!  do you have your's modded to refillable ink?  If you're at all interested it's been awesome for me and so easy, feel free to message me about it otherwise there's great info online too!

ChrisLambe94

« Reply #6777 on: January 07, 2019, 08:27:09 AM »
Winter in Atlantic Canada is amazing , I love it.
Every day on this side of the earth is a great day.
Tried posting just the photo but it's too big n the smaller I crop it the worse it looks.

feedmeseymour

« Reply #6778 on: January 07, 2019, 09:50:40 AM »

Who’s tryin to cop one of these bad boys?

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2287
« Reply #6779 on: January 07, 2019, 12:40:05 PM »

Who’s tryin to cop one of these bad boys?
Ace Ventura, because it gets too hot in those rhinos.

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house