Author Topic: WHY SO MUCH HATE FOR PLAN B  (Read 19988 times)

ChildoftheGhetto

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1323
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: WHY SO MUCH HATE FOR PLAN B
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2008, 01:12:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Why does that guy have the name of that park in China written on his board?
[close]

Actually SMP in the context of Jereme Rogers stands for "Sober Mind Power", some super lame posse that J-Rog, P-Rod, and Terry Kennedy are pushing. They had a video interview on Thrasher awhile ago with Terry Kennedy. Some shit like it's all about not doing any substances and worshipping jesus, and yadda yadda yadda a bunch of bullshit. I mean if you want to be religious and not drink, whatever, not my cup of tea, but if you love it go for it. But if you start getting all preachy about it, just fuck off.

SMP and dudes with religious tattoos on their necks - yet another reason not to support any company that supports them.
He wasn't being "preachy" he was asked what it meant in the context he was using it. This is the type of cornball shit slap posters do all the time. Put extras on shit and add there own shitty interpretations of shit.

steezus_christ

• Rep: -30
  • I'll rape you
    • CLICK ME! avatar image
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2008, 01:39:39 AM »
Fuck plan c..... shit went way down hill after M.T., nowadays it's just a joke.

steezus_christ

• I'll rape you
    • CLICK ME! avatar image
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2008, 01:46:03 AM »
sober mind power? yea, real fucking cool, too bad smp is some lame stoner shit, smoke more pot bro! then we'll listen to the new pennywise album and go off-roading in my lifted truck with the "not of this world" and famous stars and trannys stickers.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2239
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2008, 01:57:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Actually SMP in the context of Jereme Rogers stands for "Sober Mind Power", some super lame posse that J-Rog, P-Rod, and Terry Kennedy are pushing. They had a video interview on Thrasher awhile ago with Terry Kennedy. Some shit like it's all about not doing any substances and worshipping jesus, and yadda yadda yadda a bunch of bullshit. I mean if you want to be religious and not drink, whatever, not my cup of tea, but if you love it go for it. But if you start getting all preachy about it, just fuck off.

SMP and dudes with religious tattoos on their necks - yet another reason not to support any company that supports them.
[close]
He wasn't being "preachy" he was asked what it meant in the context he was using it. This is the type of cornball shit slap posters do all the time. Put extras on shit and add there own shitty interpretations of shit.

Perhaps he wasn't being preachy in answering the question, but the simple fact that you are an influential skater, and you start a posse called "Sober Mind Power", and then write it on your griptape, and talk about it in interviews, etc is being preachy. It's fucking lame.

Jereme Rogers, Paul Rodriguez, Terry Kennedy, and Evan Hernandez are all fucking losers. They can take their fucking bling and their shitty sponsors and their religious practices and fuck off. Of course, I wouldn't expect a Child Of The Ghetto who is a member of Team Hood Chicken and Team Rich Rollin' to agree with me. So I guess agree to disagree on these guys.

steezus_christ

• I'll rape you
    • CLICK ME! avatar image
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2008, 01:59:33 AM »
Jereme Rogers, Paul Rodriguez, Terry Kennedy, and Evan Hernandez are all fucking losers. They can take their fucking bling and their shitty sponsors and their religious practices and fuck off.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2008, 02:23:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Perhaps he wasn't being preachy in answering the question, but the simple fact that you are an influential skater, and you start a posse called "Sober Mind Power", and then write it on your griptape, and talk about it in interviews, etc is being preachy. It's fucking lame.

Jereme Rogers, Paul Rodriguez, Terry Kennedy, and Evan Hernandez are all fucking losers. They can take their fucking bling and their shitty sponsors and their religious practices and fuck off. Of course, I wouldn't expect a Child Of The Ghetto who is a member of Team Hood Chicken and Team Rich Rollin' to agree with me. So I guess agree to disagree on these guys.
90% of the skaters that slap likes promote drinking and smoking cigarettes/weed. They talk about in their interviews and have it in ads. Is that being preachy? you guys have a fucked up perspective on life.

another thing, how are they losers? Because they have money? because they don't skate gay ass fake transition?

killing time

• Rep: 19
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2008, 02:24:42 AM »
thats cool if they want to promote S.M.P. what ever to each his own.  but the fact is.. plan B = nothing like it ment in the 90's.  plan in in 2008 = tap out/famous stars and straps/active/ccs/mall/teenage heart throb.   plan B is one step below emo which is one step below motor cross.   fuck plan B, the only plan that plan B needs to get on is to get the fuck on with life and start selling PLAN T because pussy's only support PLAN TAMPON
Do you want to put a saddle on the lion of Juddah and ride it back to babylon?

killing time

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2008, 02:29:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
90% of the skaters that slap likes promote drinking and smoking cigarettes/weed. They talk about in their interviews and have it in ads. Is that being preachy? you guys have a fucked up perspective on life.

another thing, how are they losers? Because they have money? because they don't skate gay ass fake transition?

90 % of the people on slap are actual skateboarders who arnt kooks.  the other 10% consist of you GWB, LAKAI, and all of the other pre-puedecent children who think that they know whats up with skateboarding.  how about this, when you know what "low card" is, come and talk and know what really is ill and what really is skateboarding.  untill then keep buying your plan B birth control pills, and keep being little girls that ride skateboards

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2008, 02:34:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
the old plan b was a real team, the new plan b is simply a bought team.
[close]

that's complete bullshit, other than danny and colin none of the original team were friends before the company started and even after it did they didn't skate together a lot, except when coach ternasky was driving them around in his van refusing to let them out until they got their line.
[close]

wrong...and wrong.....

ok, sure, fabry, mullen and sheffey were inseperable, the entire team were super hyped whaen pat channita got on and certainly didn't threaten to leave because of it.
the only people that were kind of friends were rick and mike and i don't think they ever even lived in the same city.

and ternasky wasn't a control freak, jason lee never made fun of him, the can't hear him barking orders at them in the old videos, sal and hensley didn't leave because of him and he had nothing to do with the choice of the name 'girl' for the plan b breakaway team.
also plan b's graphics were never the laughing stock of the world art dept.

i'm no fan of plan b now but it is pretty much exactly what the old plan b would be if ternasky had lived and kept running it.

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2008, 02:36:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

90 % of the people on slap are actual skateboarders who arnt kooks.  the other 10% consist of you GWB, LAKAI, and all of the other pre-puedecent children who think that they know whats up with skateboarding.  how about this, when you know what "low card" is, come and talk and know what really is ill and what really is skateboarding.  untill then keep buying your plan B birth control pills, and keep being little girls that ride skateboards
I have never bought anything from plan b, idiot. No, 90% of people on slap are people that are extremely terrible at skateboarding and come here and state there shitty ill informed opinions. Like yourself.

killing time

« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2008, 02:40:57 AM »
gee that means alot from a person who claims my opinion is ill informed... when in fact his rep is -133.  ding ding ding! we have our selves a winner

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2008, 02:42:51 AM »
gee that means alot from a person who claims my opinion is ill informed... when in fact his rep is -133.  ding ding ding! we have our selves a winner
HAHAHAHA yea rep means so much. All that means is that i dislike lazy skateboarders from the east coast ,and voice my opinions on it.

killing time

« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2008, 02:52:25 AM »
those lazy skateboards happen to know alot more what skateboarding is that you... go buy your SB's and your RBK/DGK.   the only skateboarding you know deals with base jumping and pole grinding.  wonder why kids in LA dont get picked up more often than kids in the east/mid west?  because those kids acutaly know whats up.  but hey, if you like being a flow kid, then SOCAL is the right place for you. 

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2008, 02:56:34 AM »
those lazy skateboards happen to know alot more what skateboarding is that you... go buy your SB's and your RBK/DGK.   the only skateboarding you know deals with base jumping and pole grinding.  wonder why kids in LA dont get picked up more often than kids in the east/mid west?  because those kids acutaly know whats up.  but hey, if you like being a flow kid, then SOCAL is the right place for you. 
You definitely don't know what you're talking about. The average skateboarder in la is light years ahead of the average skateboarder on the east coast.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2239
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2008, 03:02:21 AM »
Oooooof why don't you guys just add eachother on MSN or iChat and have it out?

15 posts and I'm already over being stuck in a locker room with a bunch of teenage girls bitching at eachother.

Peace out Slap Message Boards.

bobjohn

« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2008, 03:31:45 AM »
M.T. was notorious for scouting the rawest talent, even if it meant ignoring the delicate social structure of finicky skateboarders at that time (hence, the Kanten incident). Not too different than any other team now--the core group of buddies and whomever they can get to keep the brand relevant and the kids buying.

It's definitely not the same company. Back then, being backed by Rocco guaranteed its success (I know, Liberty), even if artistically challenged. Now it's run by Syndrome. The same guys who thought Flyaway helmets would be cool again, destroyed Zorlac's credibility, and pretty much wrote the book on novelty trucks (Deadbolt, Phantom, Silver). Let's also not forget the fate of Status, Unit, Hellrose, and INC. I'm not saying these were all bad companies. They just seemed mediocre and lacked originality. Plan B will soon suffer the same fate.

BlankTarget

• Rep: -10
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2008, 04:20:22 AM »
i never liked them because i felt they "bought" their team.

which company doesn't do that (buying riders)? nowadays its all about the benjamins.

but u can hate planb for shecks and bad graphics.
skateboardcinema.com

mr. otsu

• Rep: 12
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2008, 04:28:33 AM »
WHY DO SOME OF YOU HATE PLAN B SO MUCH.. WHATS WRONG WITH HAVING THE BEST TEAM IN SKATEBOARDING AND PAYING THEM WHAT THEY DESERVE... IT SEEMS MORE LIKE OLDER DUDES WHO MISSED THE GRAND SKATE PAY DAY HATING ON IT SO MUCH. COULD THAT BE THE CASE.. PLEASE HELP ME UNDERSTAND IT

can't speak for anyone else but here are my reasons

- they're graphics aren't great
- the reincarnation seems a bit soulless
- team promotes a lifestyle that isn't really mine.  I don't wear large chains and drive around in my bentley "holla-ing" at people all day so can hardly identify myself with them and want to purchase their product (yes, yes I know I'm buying into the marketing hype, but so are you, so pipe down) 
- I really fucking hate ryan sheckler and jereme rogers.  to me, they epitomise everything that is wrong with skateboarding right now.  since they get the most media coverage out of everyone on the team, they essentially become the face of plan B.  don't like them, end up disliking plan B too.  how could danny way sponsor these two kook motherfuckers?
- they cut a promo to a robbie williams song

I've heard their boards kinda suck but haven't tried them out myself, so I can't say.  The rest of the team is rad IMO.  If they kick off sheckler and rogers I'd like them alot more

sergioflorez

« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2008, 04:29:32 AM »
M.T. was notorious for scouting the rawest talent, even if it meant ignoring the delicate social structure of finicky skateboarders at that time (hence, the Kanten incident). Not too different than any other team now--the core group of buddies and whomever they can get to keep the brand relevant and the kids buying.

It's definitely not the same company. Back then, being backed by Rocco guaranteed its success (I know, Liberty), even if artistically challenged. Now it's run by Syndrome. The same guys who thought Flyaway helmets would be cool again, destroyed Zorlac's credibility, and pretty much wrote the book on novelty trucks (Deadbolt, Phantom, Silver). Let's also not forget the fate of Status, Unit, Hellrose, and INC. I'm not saying these were all bad companies. They just seemed mediocre and lacked originality. Plan B will soon suffer the same fate.

what happened to kanten russell?

kinky john

• Rep: 39
  • I do not spook easily
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2008, 04:57:18 AM »
I see Plan B as being the ultimate mainstream marketed company.
Boring yet simple graphics that attract the typical 13-16 year old and a team packed with talent that is hard to deny.
Most of them skate contests and get a ton of publicity.
It isn't anything I care about but obviously a lot of people do.
To each there own.

Text book!
Quote from: lipscantgo on April 15, 2009, 02:30:26 PM
Females now know to NEVER text Jereme before breakfast. He laid it down.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2008, 06:16:21 AM »
i don't hate them, i'm just not interested in them

there's nothing logical about it, it's just like if your at a party, there are some people you find interesting from across the room and other's you don't notice\don't care to notice.

there's just nothing about the team that sparks my interest and very little chance that they'd ever create an ad or video clip that i would forward along to any of my friends who don't lurk the net. as far as mainstream teams go, i find baker way more interesting and it just boils down to me prefering shit bag skating over jock skating and has nothing to do with the which team would "win the demo".

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2008, 06:25:25 AM »
very little chance that they'd ever create an ad or video clip that i would forward along to any of my friends who don't lurk the net.

what about the pj clip that came out a while ago?

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • tiger style
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2008, 06:29:52 AM »
I may have missed that one. I do remember seeing an older PJ tre flip, nollie tre flip line that was pretty sick (not Mike Mo tre flip line sick, but pretty sick) but I'm not sure how recent it was. Post it up, I seriously haven't been paying attention too them at all every since Darrell left the team.

Also, kind of annoyed that they were part of Darrell leaving Real. I know Darrell's a grown man and made his own descions but I really liked him on Real.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2008, 07:23:25 AM »
It's because company ressurections are lame.

"We are going to take a once successful company name, hire a bunch of new riders and make mad money off the nostalgia".

Plus Sheckler and JRog are fags.

Wizard Fuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 23
« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2008, 07:44:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I honestly don't understand why you post then. You talk about how dumb we all are, but you always post here. I know you like to post to get an argument started, but it's kind of old.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 07:49:30 AM by KrookedEyes »
The answer is Dutch Masters, you fat fucking catastrophe.

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2008, 07:46:51 AM »
I agree with Grim, PlanB really feels like a bougth team

We all know (or at least I hope we all do) that money is man deadliest poison
You can't live without it (that's a fact), and it's even harder to resist,
but really, look at what it does with dudes like PJ Ladd and Paul Rodriguez,
if you are only in it to win it, you won't get much love

killing time

« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2008, 08:14:47 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
You definitely don't know what you're talking about. The average skateboarder in la is light years ahead of the average skateboarder on the east coast.

because skateboarding is about behing ahead of the curve?  skateboarding is a compitition?  like i said, skateboarders out there know alot more about skating than your cookie cutter, "cant push but sure as hell can skydive", glamourous teenage heartthrob self. 

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2008, 09:31:58 AM »
SOME OF YOU DUDES SOUND LIKE FUCKING IDIOTS EVERY FUCKING TEAM IN SKATEBOARDING IS BROUGHT

EVERYBODY GETS $ TO SKATE NOW. HOW DID KERRY GET OFF TOYMACHINE & IM OFF ELEMENT FUCKING $$$ YOU DUDES SURE LIKE TO STAY BROKE ON THE SLAP MESSAGE BOARDS

MY DAD SAYS GET RICH WHILE IM YOUNG. BY HE TIME IM 18 I;LL BE KICKFLIPPING 10 BIG ASS STAIRS

H8R part 4

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -301
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2008, 09:42:39 AM »
SOME OF YOU DUDES SOUND LIKE FUCKING IDIOTS EVERY FUCKING TEAM IN SKATEBOARDING IS BROUGHT

EVERYBODY GETS $ TO SKATE NOW. HOW DID KERRY GET OFF TOYMACHINE & IM OFF ELEMENT FUCKING $$$ YOU DUDES SURE LIKE TO STAY BROKE ON THE SLAP MESSAGE BOARDS

MY DAD SAYS GET RICH WHILE IM YOUNG. BY HE TIME IM 18 I;LL BE KICKFLIPPING 10 BIG ASS STAIRS

brought from where?   ???
stay in school! 

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2008, 09:56:26 AM »

like I said, you need money, but it musn't affect your attitude or image too much