Author Topic: Free Speech  (Read 6459 times)

Dr Newton

Re: Free Speech
« Reply #60 on: June 15, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Apparently 7 out of 10 of you are semi-fascists.

Discuss.
[close]

You should look up the definition before you start name calling like that.
[close]

Call it what you will, sacrificing freedom of speech of the individual for the supposed good of others is a slippery and ugly slope, also historically it is one of the first signs of a country's decline toward fascism.

If you don't believe in the right of others to express views you deplore, then you don't believe in free speech.
[close]

I will ask the same question I asked Fig Newton, show me where I said I want to take away a person's right of speech? Please don't read into or make assumptions.
[close]

Of course when I am proved wrong I resort to name calling because I am not man enough to own up.
[close]
[close]

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU. Jesus Christ.
[close]

Then what was the "saving the whales" comment about?  :-*

The left-wing attitude of this forum -- you are not the only environmentalist here.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #61 on: June 15, 2008, 01:50:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I am absolutely pathetic.
[close]
[close]

wow...for the sake of the laughter or pure second hand embarrassment, please tell us how old you are.

It is clearly displayed on my account. Why should I be embarrassed?

fuckingvegan

« Reply #62 on: June 15, 2008, 01:51:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Apparently 7 out of 10 of you are semi-fascists.

Discuss.
[close]

You should look up the definition before you start name calling like that.
[close]

Call it what you will, sacrificing freedom of speech of the individual for the supposed good of others is a slippery and ugly slope, also historically it is one of the first signs of a country's decline toward fascism.

If you don't believe in the right of others to express views you deplore, then you don't believe in free speech.
[close]

I will ask the same question I asked Fig Newton, show me where I said I want to take away a person's right of speech? Please don't read into or make assumptions.
[close]

Of course when I am proved wrong I resort to name calling because I am not man enough to own up.
[close]
[close]

WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? I WAS NOT TALKING TO YOU. Jesus Christ.
[close]

Then what was the "saving the whales" comment about?  :-*
[close]

The left-wing attitude of this forum -- you are not the only environmentalist here.

:-*

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2008, 01:56:51 PM »
holy motherfucking shit.

did a 36 year old self professed anarchist moderator on a skate board message board just delete some posts and change some people's quotes in a thread about free speech?

Dr Newton

« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2008, 01:58:09 PM »
holy motherfucking shit.

did a 36 year old self professed anarchist moderator on a skate board message board just delete some posts and change some people's quotes in a thread about free speech?

Yes. And what's even more ironic is the fact that while doing all of that, he is challenging me to "find where [he] said he wanted speech banned."

fuckingvegan

« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2008, 02:00:31 PM »
holy motherfucking shit.

Why don't you admit who you are, I will delete my account if you admit who you really are with proof to back it up.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2008, 02:01:01 PM »
Expand Quote
holy motherfucking shit.

[close]

Yes. And what's even more ironic is the fact that while doing all of that, he is challenging me to "find where [he] said he wanted speech banned."

I am still waiting for you to show me proof.

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2008, 02:03:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
holy motherfucking shit.

[close]

[close]

you're actively fucking banning it on here on an almost daily basis you fucking dummy.

and what the fuck has it got to do with anything who i am, who the fuck are you?

Dr Newton

« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2008, 02:04:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
holy motherfucking shit.

[close]

[close]

Proof of what? I never made any claim against you. I was not talking to you to begin with.

Your actions on this forum do suggest that you would like speech to be limited. I do not know how you feel about speech being limited in terms of actual law imposed by the government, but deleting any post made on this forum is a way of limiting speech.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2008, 02:07:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
holy motherfucking shit.

[close]

[close]

[close]

you're actively fucking banning it on here on an almost daily basis you fucking dummy.

and what the fuck has it got to do with anything who i am, who the fuck are you?

My name is Shawn, I live in Portland, I am 36 years old , I have been skating 23 years, I am married and have kids, I have two dogs, two cats, and a hamster.... what more do you want to know?

fuckingvegan

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2008, 02:08:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
holy motherfucking shit.

[close]

[close]

[close]

Proof of what? I never made any claim against you. I was not talking to you to begin with.

Your actions on this forum do suggest that you would like speech to be limited. I do not know how you feel about speech being limited in terms of actual law imposed by the government, but deleting any post made on this forum is a way of limiting speech.

I only want to limit your speech  :-*

Dr Newton

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2008, 02:08:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
holy motherfucking shit.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

My name is Shawn, I live in Portland, I am 36 years old , I have been skating 23 years, I am married and have kids, I have two dogs, two cats, and a hamster.... what more do you want to know?

I would love to eat one of your cats.

ohhhhtisbdriftwood

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2008, 02:14:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
holy motherfucking shit.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

how old's your daughter?

fuckingvegan

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2008, 02:18:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
holy motherfucking shit.

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

how old's your daughter?

that is none of your business. I see you are still hiding who you are coward.

crunk juice

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2008, 04:53:09 PM »
Expand Quote
veganshawn, did you seriously delete my post in the free speech topic?  you're a joke.
[close]

I cleaned up the topic that is all, there was some stuff that had nothing to do with the topic. Nice try at being a martyr, boo hoo you fucking worthless baby.  :-*

wow.  this has to be the single most hilarious bitch move in the history of the forum.  you deleted my post, which was directly on topic, in a free speech thread.  a free speech thread in which you had just said:
To me there is a huge difference between hate speech and free speech. I am not for banning either,
you are a fucking clown. 

if anyone cares (and read this quick b/c it will probably get deleted) we were talking about whether people should be responsible for the consequences of their speech.  veganshawn said something profound like 'if your speech contributes to someone's death, then you should be held accountable.' (he conveniently deleted this post as well as my response to it)  then a few posts later he was making fun of some dude named 'Greg' or something (post also deleted), and so all i said in my post was: 'if Greg kills himself b/c of your post about him, then you think you should be held accountable right?'  so my post was directly on topic (i.e., about whether people should be held accountable for the consequences of their exercise of free speech).

i seriously cannot imagine what kind of insecure, childish, crybaby would delete that post.  please drown your kids in the bathtub and castrate yourself, stat.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2008, 06:17:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
veganshawn, did you seriously delete my post in the free speech topic?  you're a joke.
[close]

I cleaned up the topic that is all, there was some stuff that had nothing to do with the topic. Nice try at being a martyr, boo hoo you fucking worthless baby.  :-*
[close]

wow.  this has to be the single most hilarious bitch move in the history of the forum.  you deleted my post, which was directly on topic, in a free speech thread.  a free speech thread in which you had just said:
Expand Quote
To me there is a huge difference between hate speech and free speech. I am not for banning either,
[close]
you are a fucking clown. 

if anyone cares (and read this quick b/c it will probably get deleted) we were talking about whether people should be responsible for the consequences of their speech.  veganshawn said something profound like 'if your speech contributes to someone's death, then you should be held accountable.' (he conveniently deleted this post as well as my response to it)  then a few posts later he was making fun of some dude named 'Greg' or something (post also deleted), and so all i said in my post was: 'if Greg kills himself b/c of your post about him, then you think you should be held accountable right?'  so my post was directly on topic (i.e., about whether people should be held accountable for the consequences of their exercise of free speech).

i seriously cannot imagine what kind of insecure, childish, crybaby would delete that post.  please drown your kids in the bathtub and castrate yourself, stat.

Why don't you come to Portland and talk this shit in person you fucking worthless kook.

dudebro

• Rep: 22
« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2008, 08:24:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
you are a fucking clown. 

[close]

Why don't you come to Portland and talk this shit in person you fucking worthless kook.

If this is the kind of action and discourse you are having with posters, you should not be a moderator Veganshawn.
one-upping is rad.  so is beaming.  both so unquestionably identify the kooks...saves a lot of wasted time/small talk.  you instantly know who to avoid.

Dr Newton

« Reply #77 on: June 15, 2008, 08:29:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
you are a fucking clown. 

[close]

Just remember to not bring a wallet, to stay away from the parks, and also to keep in mind that black tar heroin is as good as cash in most retail stores.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #78 on: June 15, 2008, 10:21:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
you are a fucking clown. 

[close]

[close]

Just remember to not bring a wallet, to stay away from the parks, and also to keep in mind that black tar heroin is as good as cash in most retail stores.

skatemore,man

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2008, 12:28:57 AM »
yo shawn,
i've had various names on the boards for a pretty long time now (since the start of or before the days of beans/andru o/ your mother hates you/big mike/sluggo. i posted as steve for a while, something with x's in it, and another name that i can't remember) and i'm not saying that to try to give myself any cred as a slap message board poster, but i've always thought that your were a solid poster making decent points. I also think that you don't really care how you're viewed by others simply because that's how you seem to roll, but if it's not so and you're letting these fucks get to you, just chill. I dont give a fuck about any of these kids here, under 20 fuckers who don't yet have an idea.... but fuck dude, if you dig the SLAP board as much as you seem to, do it a favor and lay off these clowns.
How i'm seeing it is like this, if you reallly don't care about what these newb/fake account fuckers are saying, blow them off like the sheckler threads. but if you do care, which is the look you're putting out there right now, be forth right about it. these are just words dude,let them be steezy. people here know how to get your goat, just be easy. i wish you well man.

steve

Dr Newton

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2008, 12:33:00 AM »
yo shawn,
i've had various names on the boards for a pretty long time now (since the start of or before the days of beans/andru o/ your mother hates you/big mike/sluggo. i posted as steve for a while, something with x's in it, and another name that i can't remember) and i'm not saying that to try to give myself any cred as a slap message board poster, but i've always thought that your were a solid poster making decent points. I also think that you don't really care how you're viewed by others simply because that's how you seem to roll, but if it's not so and you're letting these fucks get to you, just chill. I dont give a fuck about any of these kids here, under 20 fuckers who don't yet have an idea.... but fuck dude, if you dig the SLAP board as much as you seem to, do it a favor and lay off these clowns.
How i'm seeing it is like this, if you reallly don't care about what these newb/fake account fuckers are saying, blow them off like the sheckler threads. but if you do care, which is the look you're putting out there right now, be forth right about it. these are just words dude,let them be steezy. people here know how to get your goat, just be easy. i wish you well man.

steve

That has got to be the gayest thing I have ever read.

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2008, 12:44:35 AM »
these are just words dude,let them be steezy.

Dr Newton

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2008, 05:32:31 AM »

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Expand Quote
[close]
you are a fucking clown. 

[close]

Greg is not posting here anymore, you person. He has not posted here in months. He said this board is a waste of time, and that you are all regular and hopeless. He also said to show you this:

skatemore,man

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2008, 11:22:21 AM »
Expand Quote
yo shawn,

steve
[close]

That has got to be the gayest thing I have ever read.

oh man, burn.....

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
  • S&H
« Reply #84 on: June 16, 2008, 11:28:18 AM »
I didn't read any of this I just can't wait for a free speech thread to get deleted.

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #85 on: June 16, 2008, 04:06:02 PM »
Hay guise is this "hate speech?"

"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

fuckingvegan

« Reply #86 on: June 16, 2008, 04:12:12 PM »
No it is hate drawing :)

NickDagger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
"DIS YA BOI NICK DAGGAL" -Arto Saari

fuckingvegan

« Reply #88 on: June 16, 2008, 10:21:15 PM »
I think in America there are other issues that are just as important.

1. Health Care
2. Global Warming
3. Rising gas prices
4. The destruction of the constitution
5. Homelessness

danker peaches

« Reply #89 on: June 16, 2008, 10:43:34 PM »
I think in America there are other issues that are just as important.

1. Health Care

That is a way bigger issue than free speech.