Author Topic: PETITION TO HAVE VEGAN'S MODERATOR STATUS REVOKED (PMs inside)  (Read 6754 times)

dudebro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 22
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
To me, veganshawn's use of his moderator abilities has been questionable in the past, and over the last few days it's been ridiculous. I've PMed mikefork, twitch, and grimcity regarding and mikefork was cool enough to reply very quickly. I'm posting our PMs for everyone to see and I'd like to hear opinions about this. I just don't think a guy that gets into such heated arguments with posters and acts as immature, especially with his privileges as a moderator, as he does should have thje ability to delete people's posts and threads. A normal poster, fine, but a moderator should not get to the point where his challenging people to come "talk their shit to his face in Portland."

ps. (and by me just feeling the need to write the following sentence, there is something obviously wrong): veganshawn, please don't delete this. let's see what everyone has to say...

So here is the brief exchange I have had with Mike fork up to this point today:

(No subject)
« Sent to: mike fork on: Today at 11:57:30 AM »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So it's become pretty obvious that Veganshawn is not doing a good job, and his immaturity with respect to his moderating privileges is very apparent. Is there a process where he can have his moderator title taken away? He has done some very questionable things on this board since I've been on it over the last couple years, nothing personally involving me, but I've witnessed it and the guy has abused his powers. The free speech thread is kind of the last straw. He deleted posts which pointed out flaws in his argument. This is ridiculous. If he's going to make personal attacks and arguments in threads, there is no way he should have the ability to edit other peoples arguments by deleting their posts. Please let me know or start the process or create a thread discussing the issue. Thanks.

Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: dudebro on: Today at 12:07:48 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm not picking side, but what has happened over the past couple of days is ridiculous. I have been trying to stay unbiased but you can only take so much before you want to do something. Some people were just not made for the internet. I can't do anything myself, however you can email/p.m twitch telling him what has happened over the past few years and especially the past few days, and what you think should happen. Odds are he'll listen since a few people have sent him messages about it

« Sent to: mike fork on: Today at 12:18:39 PM »     

Thanks for replying so quick. I don't want to post your PM without your permission, but it would really helpful of you to post something like this in/as a thread so that everyone sees that one of the moderators realizes veganshawn is not doing a good job. If its just the same few antagonistic posters (Dr. Newton, Kilgor, etc), people don't really take it seriously, but if you or another moderator made it publickly known that you dont' approve of his actions, i think people would really think about what he's done and question his role as a moderator. People in this forum should be able to post without having the fear of a crazed moderator shutting down their thoughts just because they don't agree with him.

« Sent to: dudebro on: Today at 12:31:01 PM »     

You can post it if you want. That was pretty much a summary of what i wrote on the first page of his thread, but i think it was just avoided by most people. At a few points I was on the verge of deleting my account and never coming back because I didn't want to be involved with any of this nonsense but I figured that I might as well stay around and see what happens as a result. I started to think that Shawn's constantly clashing opinions and relentlessness attitude to jump into an argument is affecting his ability to watch over the boards and keep everything in order. Still though, I am trying to not take sides so whatever happens, happens for the best in my opinion. If Shawn calms down and is able to do what he's supposed to then great, if he loses his mod status then it was for the best. No hard feelings either way

one-upping is rad.  so is beaming.  both so unquestionably identify the kooks...saves a lot of wasted time/small talk.  you instantly know who to avoid.

frisco

Re: PETITION TO HAVE VEGAN'S MODERATOR STATUS REVOKED (PMs inside)
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2008, 10:04:28 AM »
Im in. Nothing against Vegan personally.

Dr Newton

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2008, 10:07:31 AM »
I PM'ed Twitch yesterday.

gravel pitch

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2008, 10:07:57 AM »
Damn... shit's gettin serious. Although, you gotta admit Vegan is really beginning to ask for his mod status to be taken away... If he wants to get into arguments/fights, he should have made a fake account and used that to fuck around with. I kinda find him entertaining though and would like to see him stick around.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2008, 10:09:04 AM »
Hey Mike just so you know I only deleted  a stupid post I made yesterday and a some responses that wouldn't have made sense with out my original post.

Revoke me if you want, but I know for a fact some of the dudes trying to get my mod status taken away are behind some of the fake accounts on here.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 10:10:50 AM by veganshawn »

frisco

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2008, 10:09:49 AM »
Damn... shit's gettin serious. Although, you gotta admit Vegan is really beginning to ask for his mod status to be taken away... If he wants to get into arguments/fights, he should have made a fake account and used that to fuck around with. I kinda find him entertaining though and would like to see him stick around.
So would I but not as a mod

dudebro

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2008, 10:13:55 AM »
Hey Mike just so you know I only deleted  a stupid post I made yesterday and a some responses that wouldn't have made sense with out my original post.

Revoke me if you want, but I know for a fact some of the dudes trying to get my mod status taken away are behind some of the fake accounts on here.

Don't know you're referring to me, but I have and only have had this account on here. I've never had any personal interaction with you on this board but I've just seen what you have done and the way you've abused your privileges and I don't think you should have the moderator abilities. I'm all for you posting whatever the fuck you want and being a normal contributing member of this board.
one-upping is rad.  so is beaming.  both so unquestionably identify the kooks...saves a lot of wasted time/small talk.  you instantly know who to avoid.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2008, 10:19:23 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Don't know you're referring to me, but I have and only have had this account on here. I've never had any personal interaction with you on this board but I've just seen what you have done and the way you've abused your privileges and I don't think you should have the moderator abilities. I'm all for you posting whatever the fuck you want and being a normal contributing member of this board.

Most of what people said I did is untrue. It is cool I am not taking it personal, I just think it is funny that you not having interacted with me would want me to not be a mod. Show me some proof of my abusing my powers, and not just the words of some bitter 16 year old who hates me because I don't eat meat.

mikefork

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2008, 10:22:54 AM »
but that is why everyone went crazy. you deleted posts in a free speech thread. without that, people wouldn't have gotten pissed and the  past couple of threads could have been avoided. the main point that i was trying to make is that you jump right into an argument and more times than not, they don't end well. that is where the general opinion of you as a poster comes from. like i said in my p.m to dudebro; if you stick around as a mod but tone down on jumping into arguments then that's cool, if you become a normal poster then that's cool too. i am being hypocritical in a way because i am jumping into an argument without thinking twice, but i am trying to explain my logic

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2008, 10:24:10 AM »
im fine with him being a poster but for the love of god revoke his mod status
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

Dr Newton

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2008, 10:27:53 AM »
I mean, arguments are fine. You shouldn't be banned for being regular. Hell, you should not even be stripped of your moderator title for being regular (although I question the reasoning behind giving it to you.) The only thing I have a problem with is you using your moderator status to settle your own personal beefs. I think that if you are a moderator involved in an argument, you should have to PM another moderator to have shit deleted. That way, there is no conflict of interest.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2008, 10:31:03 AM »
I think it's hilarious posts in a free speech thread got deleted.

beeda weeda

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2008, 10:31:46 AM »
signed.
nothing personal sean, you just aren't a good mod.
how did you become a Mod in the first place?

fuckingvegan

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2008, 10:33:19 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
but that is why everyone went crazy. you deleted posts in a free speech thread. without that, people wouldn't have gotten pissed and the  past couple of threads could have been avoided. the main point that i was trying to make is that you jump right into an argument and more times than not, they don't end well. that is where the general opinion of you as a poster comes from. like i said in my p.m to dudebro; if you stick around as a mod but tone down on jumping into arguments then that's cool, if you become a normal poster then that's cool too. i am being hypocritical in a way because i am jumping into an argument without thinking twice, but i am trying to explain my logic

If Kilgore and Fig Newton had not made an issue out of it nothing would have gotten out of control. I reserve the right to delete stuff I write, and I think people would rather have me delete something so they don't look like they are talking nonsense. People like Fig Newton have a personal grudge against me and will do anything to "get revenge" even going so far as to make up lies to make me look bad. Revoke me if you want, but at least give me damning evidence, not just lies and rumors.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2008, 10:34:31 AM »

Nothing dealing with the thread got deleted, just some nonsense I wrote. That is funny thing.

Bipsmound

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Turd Magazine avatar image
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2008, 10:35:29 AM »
Did you seriously make a thread asking why people hate you and then locked it when it got too hot to handle?  That's fuckin outrageous.

I can't remember who said it, Alan maybe, but it was "veganshawn, the last punk on earth".

beeda weeda

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2008, 10:37:30 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If Kilgore and Fig Newton had not made an issue out of it nothing would have gotten out of control. I reserve the right to delete stuff I write, and I think people would rather have me delete something so they don't look like they are talking nonsense. People like Fig Newton have a personal grudge against me and will do anything to "get revenge" even going so far as to make up lies to make me look bad. Revoke me if you want, but at least give me damning evidence, not just lies and rumors.
calling him "fig newton" isn't funny.
you deleted posts in a "free speech" thread.

Lumpy Oatmeal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
  • only the classics
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2008, 10:37:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nothing dealing with the thread got deleted, just some nonsense I wrote. That is funny thing.

oh rly?

I made that talk shit on me thread along with deleting some stuff in the free speech thread.
and yall dont need to be worryin about my rep, if yall really need to know, its cause no other rapper on here gully enough to do the dirt dolo i done
[quote author=drunk link=topic=46570.msg125

Dr Newton

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2008, 10:38:19 AM »
And then he tried to deny that it was ever locked at all.

Delete your own posts all you want. The fact that you have the power to delete other's posts is what concerns me. I only think you should be stopped from doing this when you are involved in the argument yourself. What is wrong with PMing another moderator and asking them to do it at that point, to avoid the conflict of interest that obviously creates?

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2008, 10:39:05 AM »
Viva la revolution!
'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2008, 10:40:28 AM »
Is this being televised?

mikefork

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2008, 10:41:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

though i agree that the p.m that kilgore sent you about your family is very much uncalled for, i do like him as a poster. even though i am not a newton fan, he does state his opinion just like everyone else on here. the fact that his opinion got you pissed enough that it has come down to this shows that the arguments are getting in the way of you being a successful moderator

wake and bacon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 188
  • ∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2008, 10:46:31 AM »
oh hey look, slap is starting to feel like high school now
:) I must have been tripping last night

Randozzi

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2008, 10:49:07 AM »
agreed.

for the record, I'm the one who suggested/got Vegan in the Mod. list. When the forum was redone I was asked who shold be on the list. At the time Vegan was a good choice, now I'm not so sure. Sorry Shawn but your actions have only made things worse, especilly with the topic you started.

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 481
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2008, 10:49:07 AM »
i say we give 5INCHCOCK admin status. im serious.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -937
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2008, 10:52:21 AM »
*Yawn*
Whoever is moderator doesn't really make any difference to me. I'm not riled up on this one.
Though the shit talk on vegan thread getting locked is pretty funny, even though I'm pretty sure anybody can lock a thread they start.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

dudebro

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2008, 11:04:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Most of what people said I did is untrue. It is cool I am not taking it personal, I just think it is funny that you not having interacted with me would want me to not be a mod. Show me some proof of my abusing my powers, and not just the words of some bitter 16 year old who hates me because I don't eat meat.

Just because we haven't interacted personally doesn't mean that I think what you did in the free speech thread is right, and I just don't approve of the way you do things in general. And the "lets talk shit on vegan" thread was just ridiculous. Really? A moderator on this board is going to make an immature thread about himself like that? It seems like you're constantly at odds with people, and none of the other moderators have this problem.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2008, 12:06:18 PM »
I made the shit talking thread to figure out who some of the fake accounts where, and so far it has helped narrow down the list of people.

Isaac - If you saw the amount of stuff I have had to delete that could get Slap in a whole lot of trouble (people forget that this site is all ages) you would be thanking me.

Gipper - My thread isn't locked, any mod can lock threads.

fuckingvegan

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2008, 12:07:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
though i agree that the p.m that kilgore sent you about your family is very much uncalled for, i do like him as a poster. even though i am not a newton fan, he does state his opinion just like everyone else on here. the fact that his opinion got you pissed enough that it has come down to this shows that the arguments are getting in the way of you being a successful moderator

Dude admitted that him and Kilgore where talking in a IM program about getting me taken off the mod list, so it is not like I am making this shit up.

vicky

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • brofessional
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2008, 12:13:48 PM »
i say we give 5INCHCOCK admin status. im serious.

im not reading any of this bullshit but i agree with ali
we could get matching halter tops and do kickturns over the dick at fdr, people wouldn't know what to do. I would be a c cup massacre.