Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3062457 times)

Gnarwhal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #32640 on: July 22, 2013, 07:09:28 AM »
i got to see yo la tengo and foxygen yesterday

stab

• Rep: -1
  • Jumping Beans is a cop
« Reply #32641 on: July 22, 2013, 08:00:11 AM »
i got to see yo la tengo and foxygen yesterday

pitchfork?  I was in Chicago for a cousin's Bar Mitzvah and was bummed I had no time to make it over.  Would have loved to see YLT and Belle and Sebastian.

I didn't come here to dream or teach the world things;
define paradigms or curate no living days

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #32642 on: July 22, 2013, 11:36:02 AM »
Holy fucking shit

Been waiting on something like this for like forever . 4 new OVAs . And if we are lucky maybe a new series or something after .

but 4 OVAs is more then you could ask for really

Bronson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32643 on: July 22, 2013, 12:28:46 PM »
Reaping weeds (not cannabis) with a scythe while listening to the swans. Getting really into it.
While reaping said weeds finding not one, but two small bags of weed (cannabis) within 15 minutes. Ive never found any drugs before in my life.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #32644 on: July 22, 2013, 01:54:10 PM »
I was out walking my dog with my girlfriend yesterday - he's still a puppy and not really well trained yet, so for him any grass patch is prime real estate for leaving a dookie. He happens to pick some person's front yard while some people are literally right next to him loading up their car to go on a trip. My girl and I begin to apologize profusely, and they reply that it's not their house and they're not even from here. I saw they had Ninkasi Brewing Co. sweatshirts and shirts, and mentioned how much I like their beer. They were like "Oh yeah? What kind of beer do you like?" and pull out two bombers of a stout and amber and a sixer of IPA. So basically my dog took a shit on someone's front yard and I got 10 really tasty beers out of it.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #32645 on: July 22, 2013, 02:00:44 PM »
I was out walking my dog with my girlfriend yesterday - he's still a puppy and not really well trained yet, so for him any grass patch is prime real estate for leaving a dookie. He happens to pick some person's front yard while some people are literally right next to him loading up their car to go on a trip. My girl and I begin to apologize profusely, and they reply that it's not their house and they're not even from here. I saw they had Ninkasi Brewing Co. sweatshirts and shirts, and mentioned how much I like their beer. They were like "Oh yeah? What kind of beer do you like?" and pull out two bombers of a stout and amber and a sixer of IPA. So basically my dog took a shit on someone's front yard and I got 10 really tasty beers out of it.

So 2 people are loading up a car with stuff from a house that doesnt belong to them and their not even from the area ?

sounds more like they were robbing the place and paid you off with beer so you wouldnt say anything ...

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #32646 on: July 22, 2013, 03:32:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So 2 people are loading up a car with stuff from a house that doesnt belong to them and their not even from the area ?

sounds more like they were robbing the place and paid you off with beer so you wouldnt say anything ...
Sounds like everybody won to me. Even the people getting robbed. They got to learn a lesson about home security.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #32647 on: July 22, 2013, 03:37:53 PM »

Haha. That's a rad story

freddie_12

• Rep: 2
« Reply #32648 on: July 22, 2013, 03:59:53 PM »
my first post on slap
finished school in june
the place where i live just got a rad new park built after 10+ years persuading the council
i start university in september
also pretty hyped on cliche boards at the moment

BraveUlysses

« Reply #32649 on: July 22, 2013, 07:52:55 PM »
Been playing the piano for a little over a month and I don't sound like complete trash.

Mundungus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
  • ∆∆∆
« Reply #32650 on: July 22, 2013, 09:35:18 PM »
been playing competitive young male 20-25 Atlanta Tennis and am now ranked in the top 10% for Atlanta. So much fun

foureyedjim

« Reply #32651 on: July 22, 2013, 11:38:43 PM »
Holy fucking shit

Been waiting on something like this for like forever . 4 new OVAs . And if we are lucky maybe a new series or something after .

but 4 OVAs is more then you could ask for really

Cornelius does the opening and ending songs.  I thought the first was really good

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #32652 on: July 23, 2013, 05:34:27 AM »
my first post on slap
finished school in june
the place where i live just got a rad new park built after 10+ years persuading the council
i start university in september
also pretty hyped on cliche boards at the moment
sounds like a good time, live it up!
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

Stoop Kid 2.0

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -312
  • I still fucking hate hipsters.
« Reply #32653 on: July 23, 2013, 06:13:54 AM »
Day off due to the rain. Cant lay block while its storming. Going to take my significant other to breakfast, have sex all day, buy tons of beer, maybe some new gear, watch spirited away, and play mario 64.

Will Easley

« Reply #32654 on: July 23, 2013, 11:53:32 AM »
Pulled an all-nighter to finish writing these last two songs, then had my last recording session to finish up the album. Shits bout to get sent out to mixing & mastering today. Words can't even describe how I feel right now this albums been TWO YEARS in the making & I've gon thru so much since I first started it so its just crazy to finally see it all come to fruition. Probably my biggest personal accomplish to date. I'm fucking $T0K3D!!!!11

« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 11:58:00 AM by Will Easley »

Kitto Horsley

« Reply #32655 on: July 23, 2013, 02:06:59 PM »
Pulled an all-nighter to finish writing these last two songs, then had my last recording session to finish up the album. Shits bout to get sent out to mixing & mastering today. Words can't even describe how I feel right now this albums been TWO YEARS in the making & I've gon thru so much since I first started it so its just crazy to finally see it all come to fruition. Probably my biggest personal accomplish to date. I'm fucking $T0K3D!!!!11

Props to you will, being a musician myself i can fully appreciate how your feeling.  Hope the final product is how you want it to be.

A.J.K.

« Reply #32656 on: July 23, 2013, 02:45:31 PM »
Stoked for you Will.  It's rad when something you've continually worked toward comes together exactly how you wanted it to. 

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #32657 on: July 23, 2013, 02:47:55 PM »
you got an araabmuzik beat? how?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

JABRONI

• Rep: 43
« Reply #32658 on: July 23, 2013, 03:20:07 PM »

Ah, greetings, greetings, and salutations. I beg your forgiveness. My tardiness was unavoidable. Rava, my love. Elaine, my dear friend.. And you must be Jerry. Lord of the manor. Ah, my liege. A pleasure to serve you.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #32659 on: July 23, 2013, 05:18:39 PM »
i havent smoken a cigarette in the last 10 days or so.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32660 on: July 23, 2013, 06:53:22 PM »
Been playing the piano for a little over a month and I don't sound like complete trash.
No sleep, bathroom breaks, nothing? That's dedication.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

BraveUlysses

« Reply #32661 on: July 23, 2013, 07:01:11 PM »
I ain't with that slacking shit, I'm tryna get Elton John status on the keys.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #32662 on: July 23, 2013, 07:03:42 PM »
REAL TALK!!!!

Fake Tits

« Reply #32663 on: July 23, 2013, 07:50:19 PM »

"i remember" was on "electronic dreams" was it not?  also a remix from some rave shit.

Will Easley

« Reply #32664 on: July 23, 2013, 08:19:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

"i remember" was on "electronic dreams" was it not?  also a remix from some rave shit.

yeah it was supposed to go on the deluxe edition but it didnt because the sampled didnt get cleared or some shit, so he just put it on soundcloud. I chopped it up & made it into a full song about my mom, grandpa, & best friend who passed away. perfect way to end the album. man I swear this shit is so raw every single song goes hard & has its own purpose. The whole thing plays out somewhat like a movie. at first its alot of mellow, warm, energetic songs but it slowly transitions in to more complex, darker production with deeper, more introspective themes. Every song transitions into each other perfectly and as a whole it tells its own story. Most of the beats I bought off of soundclick or DL'd thru soundcloud, but I did have the "I Got Em" beat custom made by bravestarr. we went back n forth thru email for a good 2 months but dude laced me with some heat! I like to think the overall production is just as good as any rap album you'd find at a record store. im pretty picky with my beat selection i dont rap anything that i wouldnt consider exceptionally good.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 08:31:17 PM by Will Easley »

Fake Tits

« Reply #32665 on: July 23, 2013, 08:45:49 PM »
Well. I'm stoked for you.

Post up when done!

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #32666 on: July 23, 2013, 08:50:33 PM »
Stoked that Heavy is finally going full on, and receiving tons of positive feedback. Definitely has me busy as hell.

ChewyPoo

• Rep: -5
« Reply #32667 on: July 23, 2013, 11:34:01 PM »
became a student again, leaving home for the first time and got the Heath Kirchart Motorcycle type-o boot broke up with my girl, im fortunate that there are babes in this town so im thirsty. Things are looking up!  ;D

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #32668 on: July 24, 2013, 11:00:28 AM »
Driving down to Element Camp tomorrow for a visit. Highly stoked on being about to spend 5 days in one of the best places known to man.

xeric716x

• Rep: 0
« Reply #32669 on: July 24, 2013, 01:42:38 PM »
going to Philly in 2 weeks