Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3063758 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #41400 on: March 18, 2020, 09:58:04 PM »
Working from home today, got a conference call at 2pm which should end by 4, meaning I can hit up the park bright and early to avoid crowds and get home in time to get dinner going.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

theSketchLord

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41401 on: March 19, 2020, 07:32:05 AM »
They're building a massive new park 2 mins from my place and directly on my route home from work.
Drove past today and it's looking fucking mint.

November completion date can't come soon enough, there's really nowhere else to skate around here. 
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41402 on: March 19, 2020, 09:03:33 AM »
Working from home today, got a conference call at 2pm which should end by 4, meaning I can hit up the park bright and early to avoid crowds and get home in time to get dinner going.

Quite the series of unfortunate events.

Park was crowded but manageable
Sky's were grey but not raining
New setup but the gripjob was a little off

Within a span of 10 minutes into warming up I broke snapped my board at the bolts doing a flatground kickflip. Then the skies opened up and it poured. More surprised than mad at snapping my deck, haven't broken one in all my years skating.
Briefly thought of going home to grab another board to setup but the rain didn't let up.

So I'm going to try and skate tomorrow at dawn before I have to start working from home. Stoked that this work from home mandate has given me this opportunity to try skating before work.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #41403 on: March 19, 2020, 05:57:07 PM »
They're building a massive new park 2 mins from my place and directly on my route home from work.
Drove past today and it's looking fucking mint.

November completion date can't come soon enough, there's really nowhere else to skate around here. 

Ayy that's crazy being that close

Just moved to a different area. The spot search begins next week
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #41404 on: March 20, 2020, 08:19:35 AM »
Just took some shrooms for the first time. Typing this before things get too funky. This girl really got me good so hopefully this helps my depressed ass.

legion

• Rep: 32
« Reply #41405 on: March 20, 2020, 08:28:46 AM »
Just took some shrooms for the first time. Typing this before things get too funky. This girl really got me good so hopefully this helps my depressed ass.
Hope you have a good time. I gotta shroom outside so this would be a weird time for me. But generally has nice longer lasting effects concerning depression.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #41406 on: March 20, 2020, 04:25:23 PM »

Mate, from my experiences it is best to get outside if your shroomin. If you doing some micro dose then you will be straight inside. Hope u have a good one  ;D

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #41407 on: March 20, 2020, 09:47:33 PM »
I've been able to skate the past 3 days since my work schedule's been so spread out. Practiced flatground for the first two days and went to my local park today. It got rained out but my friend and I got heelflips back skating under the awning at the top of the park. Also I got Animal Crossing for the Switch and it was so fun and relaxing to play.

Salsa Verde

• Rep: 9
« Reply #41408 on: March 21, 2020, 02:23:04 PM »
Actually able to buy TP, soap, food and water. Be responsible and get what you need and leave some for others. I bought a jumbo thing of TP, but only bought one. Bought two hand soaps, left a ton for others, etc. We just need to work together and we’ll get through this.

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #41409 on: March 21, 2020, 09:01:41 PM »
Always wanted this for the wall, stoked to finally get it

ColinYourAssOut

• Rep: 13
« Reply #41410 on: March 21, 2020, 11:58:11 PM »
Stoked on the fact that I have a new office cat after we took the other 2 who we've had at work for the past decade home to live with us after our guy of 20 years passed last summer.

Less stoked on the reason, though.  She was ours briefly about 4 years ago when my sister showed up at my door with her, our old cat at the time did not want any other competition for attention in the house, and I couldn't make him miserable as he was almost 17.  So, my sis took him to her ex boyfriend's place, he took the cat in, but that was around the time he was diagnosed with blood cancer and he went from mid-50s bodybuilder to being skin and bones fucked up.  My sis went to visit him to see how he was doing health-wise, and found the cat to be in neglect as the guy can't even take care of himself anymore (and refuses to get help), so my sis said if he's not going to take care of the cat she left in his care, then she's going to re-home it back with us.  He fought her on it for a few days, but since he knows he only has maybe a few months left at most, he gave in and now she's in our office.  Her coat is matted as fuck and she has to be shaved down to nothing early next week, but she's fucking awesome, is super-friendly, and has this crazy ass bobtail that's about 2" long which is pretty damned cute.

Everyone here was bummed that our 2 office cats were gone since November, but now, looks like they've got someone new to pay attention to during breaks and lunch again. 
You can't beat cheeks with weak meat.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 966
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #41411 on: March 22, 2020, 10:56:28 AM »

I'm having trouble finding the full video.

Atom heart mother piece

Careful with that ax Eugene

Astronomy domine

Granchester meadows

Green is the color

Cymbeline to Set the Controls plus extra crap that pink Floyd would rather you see.

Here's the audio

If you watch this your the best. Me and all my friends watched this.

I hated on Pink Floyd a bit till we did this a few times.

I hate on them again because they took back this video

If kill for a copy
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 11:25:22 AM by Banned from the room »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1057
« Reply #41412 on: March 22, 2020, 10:57:33 AM »
6 days later and I finally don’t feel super sick, just congested. It’s been almost a decade since I experienced the amount of anxiety and depression I had this week but I’m back, baby!

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41413 on: March 22, 2020, 03:43:35 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm having trouble finding the full video.

Atom heart mother piece

Careful with that ax Eugene

Astronomy domine

Granchester meadows

Green is the color

Cymbeline to Set the Controls plus extra crap that pink Floyd would rather you see.

Here's the audio

If you watch this your the best. Me and all my friends watched this.

I hated on Pink Floyd a bit till we did this a few times.

I hate on them again because they took back this video

If kill for a copy
Sick

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41414 on: March 22, 2020, 10:39:49 PM »
back on track with surfing. 
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

Scottboarding

• Rep: 82
« Reply #41415 on: March 23, 2020, 05:27:12 PM »
I've been having some severe issues with depression over the past 8 months. I've been adjusting and adding medications trying to get something going and finally got into a dose and combination that's working. Things seem to be on the up and it's rad to finally feel this way. Going skating for the first time in months tomorrow; so stoked.

animalflesh

« Reply #41416 on: March 24, 2020, 08:21:54 AM »
Keep it up man ^^^

Here’s a zen spot for me for a little ledge skating

Hudson River in Yonkers NY

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41417 on: March 25, 2020, 03:17:55 AM »
You cant beat Indo food.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41418 on: March 25, 2020, 09:59:26 AM »
I May argue a bit but I luv you all.

I really got no one rn to skate with in the streets since I moved from Rockport. That sounds so funny to say. Like a mirror. Marblehead had so many skaters it was rare to skate alone for like 30 years.

If I did I would show them Jack eventually so here.

(A)pl(E)

Yu Dum

« Reply #41419 on: March 25, 2020, 02:32:54 PM »
Withdrew rent the other day, after fucking myself over by not taking half-of-my-half out on the last check, and still had plenty to get groceries and some other stuff before the next payday. Just relieved to keep this roof over our heads during this insane period.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41420 on: March 25, 2020, 06:14:52 PM »
 im eating breakfast and some dude just had a siezure and hit the floor 7 feet away from me.   hes with his fam and he seems okay now thank god.  i was praying like crazy it brought me almost to tears.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41421 on: March 25, 2020, 06:24:41 PM »
Expand Quote
im eating breakfast and some dude just had a siezure and hit the floor 7 feet away from me.   hes with his fam and he seems okay now thank god.  i was praying like crazy it brought me almost to tears.
[close]

you're stoked on that? fuck you, cigs you are the worst piece of shit on this website please focus
    shit happened and the man is okay and alive,  he's looking at me in the eyes rite now.  fucking right im stoked.  ive seen people die more than once.  (nice one dude -your big opportunity, obviously what u live for) 

Idk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41422 on: March 26, 2020, 07:27:04 AM »
I watched a girl in my study hall class back in hs get a bad seizure in front of me and our table mates. Before I could react this girl tended to her it was badass but man so scary and I was clueless with what to do.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41423 on: March 26, 2020, 01:01:35 PM »
Caught a short flatground session just a little bit ago. Managed to land a kickflip, pop shuv, and 360 flip before my legs got tired.

drewsmahgoos

• Rep: 6
« Reply #41424 on: March 26, 2020, 04:41:07 PM »
6 days later and I finally don’t feel super sick, just congested. It’s been almost a decade since I experienced the amount of anxiety and depression I had this week but I’m back, baby!

Damn bro, reach out if you ever need to talk...

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41425 on: March 26, 2020, 06:07:50 PM »
Picked a good time to quit smoking 4 weeks ago - withdrawal would drive me crazy if I had to work at home with my wife.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41426 on: March 26, 2020, 07:39:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I watched a girl in my study hall class back in hs get a bad seizure in front of me and our table mates. Before I could react this girl tended to her it was badass but man so scary and I was clueless with what to do.
   yah its crazy but you prolly would have done somthing if the girl didnt.   Ive been the person helping.  Jus cradle theyre head i guess.  I got bum piss and blood on myself last year but its some mothers child so its just important.  -It all happened because (and I wast the one who did it) but if someone is obviously incapacitated and not a skater you dont egg them on to try out the stuntwood.  Lets keep it soulful people. Be our Brothers keeper not sychophant trash.  (thats not directed at anyone in particular)

animalflesh

« Reply #41427 on: March 27, 2020, 08:26:00 AM »
I’m still gainfully employeed during this shit

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #41428 on: March 27, 2020, 12:08:45 PM »
Lost my main source of income as a freelancer for at least 2-3 months and was super bummed, but found out the new stimulus plan includes freelancers for unemployment, so I can at least get some money while out of work.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41429 on: March 27, 2020, 01:17:06 PM »
I like idabble vm
(A)pl(E)