Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3061081 times)

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #41430 on: March 27, 2020, 02:09:52 PM »
Take that one over to real confessions

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41431 on: March 28, 2020, 02:07:12 PM »
Got to skate for a couple hours today in a parking lot nearby my place, had a lot of fun  :D

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #41432 on: March 28, 2020, 04:19:28 PM »
Pontus is skating again, good to see some little selfie clips from him today

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41433 on: March 30, 2020, 09:24:52 AM »
My wife and I bought over $400 of food and supplies at the Sam's Club and it wasn't very crowded at all. We weren't the only ones wearing masks and gloves while shopping.

I'm excited to learn how to make garlic breadsticks and holing up for another month or two before buying groceries again.

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #41434 on: March 30, 2020, 02:06:07 PM »
Just making this post because if you haven't ever seen this video, or haven't seen it a long time, you should watch it.

It's really fucking important.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #41435 on: March 30, 2020, 08:03:21 PM »
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #41436 on: April 01, 2020, 12:07:35 PM »
Just making this post because if you haven't ever seen this video, or haven't seen it a long time, you should watch it.

It's really fucking important.
Thank you for this
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #41437 on: April 01, 2020, 12:13:43 PM »
Got my order from @lookbacklibrary today. The top 2 are the ones I ordered, everything else is the bonus goodies that Kevin threw in with the order. Stoked to have gotten the Jeremy Reeves Skateboarder cover!

There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41438 on: April 01, 2020, 01:07:15 PM »
My dad just sent me the progress on our home that got severely damaged and it's looking great. I'm shocked that: 1. they deemed the house structurally sound enough to not have to tear it down to rebuild, and 2. that they've made such quick work of everything... Makes me wish we hadn't signed a two year lease. I miss my Home.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #41439 on: April 01, 2020, 09:07:15 PM »
Working from home has been great. I can get a lot more done when I'm not around so many distractions and I'm in a place I feel comfortable, using a personal PC. It just makes my work not feel so despondent.
Been able to watch a lot of shows, work at my own pace, get a healthy amount of sleep because I just can't fall asleep before 12am.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41440 on: April 02, 2020, 08:58:58 AM »
RESIDENT EVIL 3 REMAKE DROPS TOMORROW.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41441 on: April 02, 2020, 10:18:30 AM »
Untitled by , on Flickr
Got a bit carried away on RE2. My body is fucking ready.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41442 on: April 02, 2020, 10:28:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Untitled by , on Flickr
Hahah, holy shit! You're a champ. I need to go back and actually finish the 2nd story for Leon and Claire, but I'm at the chess piece puzzle and just don't have the motivation to finish.
Going to pre-purchase RE3 tonight and get down over the weekend.
Also, stoked because my friend who did Shin Sanbongi's pro debut graphic is going to be doing one for our shop.

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41443 on: April 02, 2020, 10:39:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Untitled by , on Flickr
[close]
Hahah, holy shit! You're a champ. I need to go back and actually finish the 2nd story for Leon and Claire, but I'm at the chess piece puzzle and just don't have the motivation to finish.
Going to pre-purchase RE3 tonight and get down over the weekend.
Also, stoked because my friend who did Shin Sanbongi's pro debut graphic is going to be doing one for our shop.
Definitely looked up shortcuts and speed run strategies after completing AB scenarios for both characters so I didn't do it purely on my own. But this was the first game in a long time I became obsessed with. Hoping RE3 gives me the same replay value. Games in that RE engine look amazing.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1059
« Reply #41444 on: April 02, 2020, 12:41:35 PM »
This was the first day in 3 weeks I resumed my regular m-f schedule and it really helped me snap out of whatever subtle depression I was in. Also, had an awesome week at work and received a lot of praise from higher-up people. Last but not least, after 2 weeks of being sick (got tested but was negative for COVID19) I feel 100%.

Saint Coke

« Reply #41445 on: April 02, 2020, 01:59:21 PM »
So i just got back into skating yesterday after about a month of not being able to and it felt good to just cruise around town popping ollies and slapping my favorite curb but this time around I want to progress Currently trying to learn shuv it's and Bean plants, been doing shuv it's on the carpet. I'd just like to have bag of tricks. The shuv it progress is going ok but I need to get more comfortable doing them on the street. And the bean plant is coming together, sometimes when I pop the tail to grab I miss the grab or it just feels bad, if anyone has tips for either of these thanks.

birdplops

• Rep: 25
« Reply #41446 on: April 03, 2020, 04:05:54 PM »
I'm second author on a paper that was just accepted by Nature.

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 490
« Reply #41447 on: April 04, 2020, 01:53:37 AM »
I'm second author on a paper that was just accepted by Nature.
hell yeah, congrats birb.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41448 on: April 04, 2020, 04:00:33 AM »
Took the day off on Friday to get my home office reconfigured with my wife, shifted out from a smaller room at the rear to a bigger spare bedroom. Got the old furniture sold and the new ones in within the day, along with the drilling and Ikea shit assembled. New study will have a rack for boards and more space for her to do her craft work.
All this was just in time to, my country just enacted a stronger lockdown yesterday.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1482
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #41449 on: April 04, 2020, 08:13:29 AM »
Took the day off on Friday to get my home office reconfigured with my wife, shifted out from a smaller room at the rear to a bigger spare bedroom. Got the old furniture sold and the new ones in within the day, along with the drilling and Ikea shit assembled. New study will have a rack for boards and more space for her to do her craft work.
All this was just in time to, my country just enacted a stronger lockdown yesterday.
Tight!

I love it when the timing just seems right. I guess if I was the religulous type I would be praising jeebus every time instead of just acknowledging the coincidence.

Enjoy your new workspace.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41450 on: April 04, 2020, 09:29:52 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Tight!

I love it when the timing just seems right. I guess if I was the religulous type I would be praising jeebus every time instead of just acknowledging the coincidence.

Enjoy your new workspace.

+1 for jeebus. I was admiring my handiwork so much today and I celebrated by busting my first but in that room after having stayed on this apartment for 3 years. Got myself a huge ass 900 x 400mm mousepad too, no anime tiddie girls on it though, just plain black. Guess my weeb side must live carry on living in the shadows.

Trying to get to the park for an early session, avoid people of the bus and park as much as possible. My company is enacting full work from home come Tuesday, using the time at home to get fitter and practice my tricks on a nearby curb.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #41451 on: April 05, 2020, 01:57:30 AM »
I found an old disused tennis court near my house so im gonna use this isolation time to learn some  the flat land tricks i could never do. crossed heelflips and frontside flips off the list yesterday

Dead to Me

• Rep: 75
« Reply #41452 on: April 05, 2020, 02:04:30 PM »
Despite my strong urge to spend another day not doing anything other than spending too much time gaming I chose to get out and skate this abandoned diy ledge spot. Feel much better now

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41453 on: April 05, 2020, 06:49:24 PM »
Despite my strong urge to spend another day not doing anything other than spending too much time gaming I chose to get out and skate this abandoned diy ledge spot. Feel much better now

Finding abandoned spots and skating them is the spirit of skateboarding! I have a really old commercial building next to my apartment block, scoped it out a few weeks back. It's a little rough but should be decent for some flatground sessions during this lockdown period.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Dead to Me

• Rep: 75
« Reply #41454 on: April 05, 2020, 07:34:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Finding abandoned spots and skating them is the spirit of skateboarding! I have a really old commercial building next to my apartment block, scoped it out a few weeks back. It's a little rough but should be decent for some flatground sessions during this lockdown period.
Hell yeah, these spots come in clutch for us who have to deal with bad winters too!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41455 on: April 05, 2020, 10:37:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Hell yeah, these spots come in clutch for us who have to deal with bad winters too!

I'm embarked on a quest to learn CAD to design a portable ledge / bench that is stable, foldable and compact enough to be carried by hand while being stored discretely in a tiny apartment.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #41456 on: April 05, 2020, 11:31:41 PM »
CLUB DIEGO.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41457 on: April 06, 2020, 06:32:57 AM »
Got my results today.
Negative for strep, flu, and COVID19.
I think I may have given myself a fucking stomach ulcer due to stress and paranoia. I’m so relieved now, though.

Saint Coke

« Reply #41458 on: April 06, 2020, 06:48:14 PM »
Got my results today.
Negative for strep, flu, and COVID19.
I think I may have given myself a fucking stomach ulcer due to stress and paranoia. I’m so relieved now, though.
That's good to hear. Hopefully no ulcer.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 536
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #41459 on: April 08, 2020, 03:08:30 AM »
Fall cycling, evenings coming home where it’s cold enough to smell wood fires burning from homes but not cold enough for it to feel bitter yet