Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3060185 times)

formula420

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #41610 on: May 31, 2020, 02:37:54 PM »
Expand Quote
I get lowkey stoked on the type of dudes who are obviously way past my skill level but are quick to say whattup and still give me props on my weak ass kickflips and shit when I hit up a spot or park.
[close]
The stoke is genuine. I love seeing any dude pushing their limits on our toys regardless of skill level.

There's always going to be someone that is better than you, and self-degradation from your inner critic is universal.

I'm sure many of those guys' progression was fueled on that same feeling of shared stoke from those superior to their skill level. It's one of the best things about skateboarding. Believe the hype.

there is something heartwarming about cheering someone on for their first drop in

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1569
« Reply #41611 on: May 31, 2020, 04:15:36 PM »
Ran into this Rodney Mullen interview in my YouTube suggestions and it made my day, I know some people have a hard time with his tone for some reason but beyond all possible tastes in presentation, he verbalizes some positive concepts part of me regularly wishes more people considered for their own good such as what he calls the 'barrier of disbelief', or embracing 'negative' feelings and pain:

« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 04:19:28 PM by silhouette »

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #41612 on: May 31, 2020, 04:53:28 PM »
Stoked my girl ordered me a ducks conway replica jersey

so so dope

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Saint Coke

« Reply #41613 on: May 31, 2020, 05:40:18 PM »
Back home. After this trip I decided to work on myself and make me a better person.

animalflesh

« Reply #41614 on: May 31, 2020, 06:44:09 PM »

Our new shower curtain

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 803
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #41615 on: June 02, 2020, 04:38:21 PM »
Ordered a miniature ceramic ledge from Seth McCallum. It's pretty fun and will definitely help me pass the time for the next few days.

There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

animalflesh

« Reply #41616 on: June 03, 2020, 09:20:48 AM »
It’s my birthday and I’ve made a lot of changes since last year

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #41617 on: June 03, 2020, 10:01:15 AM »

Personal growth is sick

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 648
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41618 on: June 03, 2020, 12:06:00 PM »
put dried pineapple in my cornflakes today.

It is amazing.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #41619 on: June 03, 2020, 07:40:07 PM »
Ordered a miniature ceramic ledge from Seth McCallum. It's pretty fun and will definitely help me pass the time for the next few days.

I could never get the hang of small tech decks besides doing ollies and the occasional pressure flips, as for tech deck hand boards I would tear shit up. Too bad they stopped manufacturing them and now they're expensive.

givecigstosurfgroms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -958
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #41620 on: June 03, 2020, 09:59:58 PM »
Ran into this Rodney Mullen interview in my YouTube suggestions and it made my day, I know some people have a hard time with his tone for some reason but beyond all possible tastes in presentation, he verbalizes some positive concepts part of me regularly wishes more people considered for their own good such as what he calls the 'barrier of disbelief', or embracing 'negative' feelings and pain:

I'm starting here but its hard with his hair flowing around like that for me to concentrate.
"I just care about the river, I dont care about your back"

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #41621 on: June 03, 2020, 11:08:17 PM »

Our new shower curtain
Is this a movie reference? Also, happy birthday dude.

Ordered pre-owned t shirts online that are kinda sick (2 Simpsons tees, Joy Division and Cro-Mags tees, and a shirt with a native american girl staring into flames) . I usually wear flannels so my t-shirt game was absolutely terrible but now it'll be good.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:12:13 PM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 600
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #41622 on: June 04, 2020, 05:10:30 AM »
The pictures seem to be from Hitchcock's Psycho

Skart

• Rep: -33
  • Ham control
« Reply #41623 on: June 04, 2020, 08:19:07 AM »
put dried pineapple in my cornflakes today.

It is amazing.

D a m n
i need a break from this thread dawg. knowledge doesnt feel like power anymore

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #41624 on: June 04, 2020, 09:08:39 PM »
Got a new graphics card about a month and a half ago, was gonna get a bike but you can't find good ones anywhere right now. Decided to rebuild the rest of my PC instead and I'm very happy.

i7 9700k
RX 5700 XT
16gigs ram
No frills motherboard

Shit is amazing. So fast, games are insane. I wish I would have played Red Dead with this setup. Last one could barely do it, this build everything is turned up and I still have a ton of head room. I guess a new monitor is next.

rusty knees

• Rep: -10
  • I had a photo in SLAP
« Reply #41625 on: June 05, 2020, 03:14:57 PM »
been home for an hour already and i am still getting paid.

Garnet

• Rep: -87
« Reply #41626 on: June 05, 2020, 03:52:05 PM »
Got a new graphics card about a month and a half ago, was gonna get a bike but you can't find good ones anywhere right now. Decided to rebuild the rest of my PC instead and I'm very happy.

i7 9700k
RX 5700 XT
16gigs ram
No frills motherboard

Shit is amazing. So fast, games are insane. I wish I would have played Red Dead with this setup. Last one could barely do it, this build everything is turned up and I still have a ton of head room. I guess a new monitor is next.

I dunno much about PCs but I had a good one my brother put together and the motherboard fried out. Still have my case and monitor just doing nothing cuz I'm broke as fuck.

Your post makes me wanna get it rebuilt though. I miss having Skyrim available

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
« Reply #41627 on: June 05, 2020, 03:56:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Personal growth is sick

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #41628 on: June 05, 2020, 04:14:01 PM »
Expand Quote

i7 9700k
RX 5700 XT
16gigs ram
No frills motherboard

[close]

I dunno much about PCs but I had a good one my brother put together and the motherboard fried out. Still have my case and monitor just doing nothing cuz I'm broke as fuck.

Your post makes me wanna get it rebuilt though. I miss having Skyrim available
The only thing that sucks about replacing the motherboard is that then you have to reinstall windows. If you aren't using it already though I'm assuming you are ok with wiping it and reinstalling anyways. I got a cheap motherboard because I don't plan on using wifi or bluetooth, but it made a difference when I was putting it together because the layout made it difficult for some parts. If you're brother built it, and it's older you could get a new motherboard for under $100 and if he is still into it he'd probably want to do it for you.

I got into it because I bought a PS4 when it came out and started listening to a video game podcast since I had been out of the loop for a while. I kept listening and the more they talked about PC gaming the more I wanted to jump in. You often times get better prices on games, they usually look and run better, and you can use the PC for more than just games. I hate browsing the internet on my phone, and I don't like laptops. Building it myself made me learn how it works so I could replace parts on my own, but I don't keep up with any tech info on hardware until it's time for me to upgrade something. I still use google for any problems because I don't get into programming or anything like that. I like to play games, download shit, and browse the internet. Maybe  a little video editing or something.

I actually even got my girlfriend into it which I would never ever have expected it. She's a girly girl and didn't play games at all, now we play Overwatch like every night.

Garnet

« Reply #41629 on: June 05, 2020, 05:29:29 PM »
Yeah my brother built his system for gaming and I kinda stole it and ran it into the ground. He just built another better one.

If it wasn't for my bro I might have continued the console route but my mouse and keyboard mechanics are too good to bother going back to controllers.

Ultimately I'd like to spend less time on computers so I haven't been in a rush to get mine back running. I mostly miss the big monitor. I use a separate keyboard and mouse for my lap top so it's really just the screen and graphics situation holding me back from gaming on it.

I'm with you on hating internet on phones or laptops the small weirdly angled screens just doesnt do it for me I need ergonomics. 

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1472
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41630 on: June 06, 2020, 02:55:41 PM »
My wife has been wrestling with a problem with her sewing machine for over a week so I finally decided to step in to help since she was ready to give up.

I asked her the model number and asked her about the problems she was experiencing. It sounded like the tension on the bobbin was the likely culprit, but she insisted that particular model didn't have a bobbin case.

I found a link to someone with the same model number that indicated a bobbin case and how to adjust it.

After a half turn to tiny little screw, my wife is back in business.

It probably took me 10 minutes, but to be fair I'm a Xerox school graduate where I learned to fix a copier the size of my kitchen counter for six weeks. My mechanical kung fu is pretty powerful from that.

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 304
« Reply #41631 on: June 06, 2020, 03:06:49 PM »

Doom!

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #41632 on: June 06, 2020, 05:37:06 PM »
had my first beer at a pub in almost two months yesterday, went down a treat

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Reply #41633 on: June 06, 2020, 06:19:03 PM »
Bought a guitar, for the first couple of days or so I had already started to regret my investment, but now I'm showing a little improvement and becoming more comfortable with my playing. I just wanna get decent enough to enjoy playing my favorite punk songs, so it's not like I had high expectations in the first place but still.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #41634 on: June 06, 2020, 10:57:16 PM »
Some of my good friends and I from college go on a yearly trip together where there's poker and sports betting. I'm mainly a poker player but enjoy betting with them on sports and throughout the year we are constantly in conversation. One of the guys is a big sports bettor and I could give a shit about UFC or any fighting, but I saw a photo of this dude who was in a fight tonight and texted him and said, "put some money on this dude for me tonight." Apparently he was already a favorite, but we bet on him KO'ing his opponent and he did in the first round. So I'm stoked I made some money, I'm stoked on this dude's outfit and that's basically it.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Yu Dum

« Reply #41635 on: June 07, 2020, 08:17:41 PM »
The past two days of skating this new park has been refreshing and has reminded me of why I love this shit. Cheers, Pals.

Garnet

« Reply #41636 on: June 08, 2020, 02:28:18 AM »
Bought a guitar, for the first couple of days or so I had already started to regret my investment, but now I'm showing a little improvement and becoming more comfortable with my playing. I just wanna get decent enough to enjoy playing my favorite punk songs, so it's not like I had high expectations in the first place but still.

Guitar is a bitch and a bit of a grind at the start, its worth it learning to play though.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #41637 on: June 08, 2020, 09:02:22 AM »
My ex's boss gifted me her old 4th generation iPad and I'm learning to animate on it. I'm really grateful to have an art project to focus on while unemployed. Also I lacerated my left hand pretty badly a week ago but the other night I  took the stitches out and can skate again/do home improvements.

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #41638 on: June 08, 2020, 06:06:35 PM »

Imagine being able to say "we built at Fred Gall's"
I'd be slding by with a eighth for him every day 

(fake) nollie.

• Rep: -23