Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 2698791 times)

Featherdale wildlife park and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

mynameisnotjeff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #41850 on: September 11, 2020, 09:49:12 PM »
My friends have been idiots and one of them got tested and was negative. Dude has been scared into being responsible and we skated today. We spent a few hours playing Skate because of the limited space in my backyard and because we suck. It was nice.
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

matty_c

• Rep: 39
« Reply #41851 on: September 12, 2020, 02:40:31 AM »
Skated city all day like it was fucking 1999 The homie got some shit I got some shit and we didn’t get kicked out of anywhere

Someone on these forums said one time ‘street skating is infinitely superior to park skating’

Fucking oath cunt there ain’t nothing like it

Hombreezy

• Rep: -38
  • fvck toy machine
« Reply #41852 on: September 13, 2020, 03:53:03 PM »
Switch fs 180 to manual. Also after a month of slowly putting together fs flips I can nearly land them perfect now.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 06:52:11 PM by Hombreezy »
If you feel the urge to write some long, boring, self-congratulatory essay on here maybe just go jerk off instead.

Armin Tamzarian

• Rep: 300
  • Black trans life is sacred
« Reply #41853 on: September 13, 2020, 09:18:50 PM »
My boyfriend's been in town for a safe staycation the past week ... it's been delightful :)

All my best to the shalomies, I've been away but I'm not gone :D

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #41854 on: September 13, 2020, 09:54:48 PM »
I'm a little over a week sober which I know isn't long enough to be that meaningful but it feels good and I'm sticking with it. I didn't even plan on this, I was on a little weekend trip with my girl and ran out of drugs and just decided to not cop. It was shitty for 4 days and now my body is producing it's own dopamine again. There are random waves of intense anxiety but that's why I started using in the first place and I'm going to have to learn to deal with it.

Bigalo

• Rep: -8
« Reply #41855 on: September 14, 2020, 01:27:30 AM »
Get to leave school early and its gonna be 29 degrees (celcius) today, plus Ive been managing to do school work, skate and smoke weed no problem so Im fucking stoked

funeral_tuxedo

• Rep: 78
  • old and in the way
« Reply #41856 on: September 14, 2020, 02:03:22 AM »
I'm a little over a week sober which I know isn't long enough to be that meaningful but it feels good and I'm sticking with it. I didn't even plan on this, I was on a little weekend trip with my girl and ran out of drugs and just decided to not cop. It was shitty for 4 days and now my body is producing it's own dopamine again. There are random waves of intense anxiety but that's why I started using in the first place and I'm going to have to learn to deal with it.

offkilter that's awesome. a week sober is definitely meaningful if it's something that you want to stick with and you find yourself struggling then there's some really great resources out there but also feel free to DM me.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 419
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41857 on: September 14, 2020, 07:04:33 PM »

It all starts with 1 day:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2_Mn-qRKjA&ab_channel=error23
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 174
  • Stuffed Animal Serial Killer
« Reply #41858 on: September 14, 2020, 11:57:52 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I wish I was a horse with an nondescript man standing over me giving me life advice. +1 Rocklobster
I like my women the same way I like my personified cups of coffee...black...strong...and proud.

truthislie

• Rep: 18
« Reply #41859 on: September 15, 2020, 02:24:10 AM »
My son was born last night!!! I m knackered and happy!
thecandidness.tumblr.com

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41860 on: September 15, 2020, 02:57:18 AM »
My son was born last night!!! I m knackered and happy!

That is truly shalom moment, TK bless.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I wish I was a horse with an nondescript man standing over me giving me life advice. +1 Rocklobster

More baboon than man, but I'll take it. Have to remind myself of that phrase especially when I'm starting shit I don't like.
Did any of you guys ever notice that if you took off the end "er" from his name, moved the "b" to after the "i" and then added an "l" to the "b" that you just moved, you'd spell "Bible"?

Blind Fisherman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #41861 on: September 15, 2020, 12:08:19 PM »
On day 5 of no alcohol and feeling back to normal.
My cat is asleep on my shoulder and I get to go skate with my friends today.
Shalom, Pals. Hope y’all are having a good day.
This thread makes me feel like I just came across two Juggalos fucking in an alley.

lazer69

• Rep: -20
« Reply #41862 on: September 15, 2020, 08:23:02 PM »
Learned slappies a month ago. Last week tried slappy crooks for the first time and within 30 min got them

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt
« Reply #41863 on: September 15, 2020, 08:34:28 PM »
Roasted a bunch of veggies and marinated tofu with intention of having a nice rice/bean/veggie bowl for dinner. Turns out I already ate my last can of beans. Threw everything in the blender with some broth and ended up with a bunch of really good soup.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 150
« Reply #41864 on: September 16, 2020, 12:43:45 AM »
went on a two day 230km bike tour. it was dope.

ihatejulio

• Rep: 252
« Reply #41865 on: September 16, 2020, 09:47:45 AM »
A documentary I worked on tirelessly last year is going to be broadcasted on PBS later this month. It's the first time something I have worked on has reached actual proper acquisition from a formal media entity and I could not be more proud of my crew and myself. Becoming a fully-fledged documentary filmmaker is becoming less of a pipe dream with this pushing me forward.  :)

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 537
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt
« Reply #41866 on: September 16, 2020, 10:11:05 AM »
What's the doc about?
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

ihatejulio

« Reply #41867 on: September 16, 2020, 10:28:22 AM »
What's the doc about?

Homelessness with a specified focus on students within the university town I graduated from. It touches on food insecurity/housing insecurity, the overall administrative practices within the Cal State system in dealing with such matters, and the Camp Fire in 2018 that caused a massive surge in homelessness and economic disparity within Butte County.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41868 on: September 16, 2020, 10:35:17 AM »
Expand Quote
What's the doc about?
[close]

Homelessness with a specified focus on students within the university town I graduated from. It touches on food insecurity/housing insecurity, the overall administrative practices within the Cal State system in dealing with such matters, and the Camp Fire in 2018 that caused a massive surge in homelessness and economic disparity within Butte County.

Where can non-Americans watch this? Keen to check it out.

Had a colleague from Taiwan tell me an infographic I worked on a few months ago really helped her presentation to her clients. Really made my day seeing I work in a horribly boring part of tech that is on its last legs and "research" only has meaning to a select number of OEM supplies in the industry.

ihatejulio

« Reply #41869 on: September 16, 2020, 10:58:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What's the doc about?
[close]

[close]

Where can non-Americans watch this? Keen to check it out.

Had a colleague from Taiwan tell me an infographic I worked on a few months ago really helped her presentation to her clients. Really made my day seeing I work in a horribly boring part of tech that is on its last legs and "research" only has meaning to a select number of OEM supplies in the industry.

You're very sweet for taking an interest, thanks a lot! I'll shoot you a PM with a link to the abridged version of the documentary that will be airing.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -14
« Reply #41870 on: September 17, 2020, 12:31:59 PM »
Stoked on moving to a new place and been surfing most days of the week for the last month. Haven’t been getting on the deck too much  :-\ but def stoked on the crazy amount of waves we have been getting lately 

BAIL

• Rep: 2
« Reply #41871 on: September 17, 2020, 03:09:03 PM »
This week i got a new deck, new shoes, and started seeing a new girl. On top of that, I got close on all of my presently major climbing projects. Right now, I'm leaving work to go ride my skateboard. I'm stoked on this week

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 42
« Reply #41872 on: September 18, 2020, 01:14:10 AM »
Tomorrow will be the 9th anniversary of our DIY park. Stoked on that!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41873 on: September 18, 2020, 10:31:03 PM »
Tomorrow will be the 9th anniversary of our DIY park. Stoked on that!

Pics, love me some DIY spots. Amazing it lasted 9 years!

Stoked on moving to a new place and been surfing most days of the week for the last month. Haven’t been getting on the deck too much  :-\ but def stoked on the crazy amount of waves we have been getting lately 

Need to move somewhere closer to the waves, I would love to get a morning session in before work a couple of times a week.

A slide deck I've been working on for 3 months finally got the green light from my boss for publishing. Think I've done 15 iterations of it. The topic is a very boring part of IT but I'm happy with how the analysis came out.

The park I used to skate has finally reopened after months of lockdown. First session back there was rough, the ledge was ankle high and I was use to skating shin high ledges. But it was the perfect height for me to re-learn Backside Tailslides, even managed to come out regular within 10 tries, stoked on getting that one.

Frank

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #41874 on: September 19, 2020, 08:22:09 PM »
lol wrong thread

deleted my post, sry

Adam Abbas

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 424
« Reply #41875 on: September 19, 2020, 08:38:03 PM »
Bought my wife a new bike, she's hyped. Her old one was pretty slow and this one goes a lot faster, so she's psyched to race me on the streets.

The park I used to skate has finally reopened after months of lockdown. First session back there was rough, the ledge was ankle high and I was use to skating shin high ledges. But it was the perfect height for me to re-learn Backside Tailslides, even managed to come out regular within 10 tries, stoked on getting that one.

Hell yeah. I still haven't relearned them yet.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41876 on: September 20, 2020, 12:28:58 AM »
Bought my wife a new bike, she's hyped. Her old one was pretty slow and this one goes a lot faster, so she's psyched to race me on the streets.

Expand Quote
[close]

Control the shoulders, twist with the hips and look over your shoulder. Took me way too many tries to land it today but I did learn Fakie BS Nosegrinds, the Josh Kalis staple.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #41877 on: September 20, 2020, 05:28:43 AM »
Bought a few unopened packs of "generation EXTREME" trading cards from 1994 at a flea market yesterday

Most of the cards are of like surfers and base jumpers I've never heard of, but I got a Tony Hawk, Chet Thomas, Dave Duran (sic), and a Neal Hendrix card that talks about how "respected" he is:

https://i.imgur.com/dqzZxef.jpg
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 05:39:35 AM by childhood »
Nancy Drew

Gary Gloverberg

• Rep: 1
« Reply #41878 on: September 20, 2020, 08:09:43 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Control the shoulders, twist with the hips and look over your shoulder. Took me way too many tries to land it today but I did learn Fakie BS Nosegrinds, the Josh Kalis staple.

I’m getting back tails back too! Getting in and sliding most of em. Cheating my back foot to pop shuv pocket helped rotation. I really need to jam it in there to slide it

sketchyrider

• Rep: 14
« Reply #41879 on: September 20, 2020, 08:35:35 AM »
skate park mom liked my kickflip.