Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3060116 times)

Bizarro Jerry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 34
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42120 on: December 01, 2020, 04:33:53 AM »
Found out I passed the bar exam last night. I'm officially a lawyer now. Waiting for the results for the past two months were starting to really take a toll on my mental health.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #42121 on: December 01, 2020, 07:45:09 AM »
Found out I passed the bar exam last night. I'm officially a lawyer now. Waiting for the results for the past two months were starting to really take a toll on my mental health.

Congrats! Great time to get of slap
Gentleman ninja warlock

Level 60 Dwarf Rogue

• Rep: -64
« Reply #42122 on: December 01, 2020, 08:21:52 AM »
Good job, congrats.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42123 on: December 01, 2020, 11:53:47 AM »

Hell yeah man, well done!

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 982
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42124 on: December 01, 2020, 12:43:23 PM »
elliot page .. been a fan for a while
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #42125 on: December 01, 2020, 06:33:02 PM »

Congrats!

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #42126 on: December 01, 2020, 06:57:56 PM »

Yoo!!!

That’s fucking sick!! Congrats my dude!!
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1579
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #42127 on: December 01, 2020, 07:39:01 PM »

Hard work has paid off, that is a huge weight of your shoulders I am sure.

What facet of law are you interested in?
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Bizarro Jerry

« Reply #42128 on: December 02, 2020, 04:35:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hard work has paid off, that is a huge weight of your shoulders I am sure.

What facet of law are you interested in?

Thanks everyone!! I'm doing real estate stuff mostly, little bit of wills and probate stuff too.

linus larabee

• Rep: 6
« Reply #42129 on: December 02, 2020, 04:43:16 AM »
Bizarro Jerry ! what a great episode

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42130 on: December 02, 2020, 06:00:46 AM »

Nice job.  What's the bar exam like?  I took one class at my uni's law school as part of my MS in EE.  Our whole grade was three esays.  You got to pick three out of four.  I think we had four hours to do it. 

ChuckRamone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 529
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42131 on: December 02, 2020, 10:18:04 PM »
My blender arrived today. Stoked to start making shakes and shit.

Bizarro Jerry

« Reply #42132 on: December 03, 2020, 03:56:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice job.  What's the bar exam like?  I took one class at my uni's law school as part of my MS in EE.  Our whole grade was three esays.  You got to pick three out of four.  I think we had four hours to do it.

Because of covid, we did in online. It was 1 big practical essay (make a brief, motion, memo, whatever the prompt asks), 3 smaller essays focused on random topics of law, and 100 multiple choice questions. Even after 5 months of studying every day I still thought it was incredibly difficult.

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #42133 on: December 03, 2020, 08:24:01 AM »
My blender arrived today. Stoked to start making shakes and shit.

Tip of the iceberg. Homemade soups and salsa are where it’s at

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #42134 on: December 03, 2020, 08:45:17 AM »
Started a job working from home about a month ago, and I don't hate it! Pay is good too.

Also, I indulged myself in a couple things I've wanted for years but have put off:

Decent wheels for my car... I've had some awful hubcaps on my car that I hated, so when I needed tires recently I also got new rims. Nothing flashy, just something to make it look better overall.

A desktop PC for workgaming.

I'm generally pretty frugal, but thankfully I haven't felt any buyer's remorse like I usually do.

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #42135 on: December 03, 2020, 09:15:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Weird choice of gif. Why are so many australians casually racist but think its all ok as soon as they play a few rap songs. Shits an embarassment

My morning dumps have been amazing recently. Zero constipation fully empty on drop and like 1.5 footers
[close]

I'm mixed race Australian and it's embarrassing how much casual racism is a part of people's personas here. Even among the most educated people in multicultural cities. They don't even realise. It's mind boggling.
[close]
Every australian ive met were like callaum pauls unfortunately ya i dont understand why they travel. And its not that i want them to fake being polite or act as if theyre not racist because fuck a fake pc forced transparent interaction to begin with but the hate is deeply ingrained more so than other colonial nations. Its made me give up on them as people so long ago tbh. And its not like id let someone irl say some fucked up shit and walk away sneering but its made me give up on ever trying to be anything more than cold indifference and forced tolerance towards them when they are present. When i hear the accent now all doors are pretty much closed. Not even trying to bum you out homie i would still chill and skate with you. Actually ive met like 2 that were ok but 2 out of a sea of many is not a great ratio by any means

Right now im stoked to have a day of. Resting my legs. Some radio

Expand Quote
I started drawing again. Pretty fun. Forgot how much I liked to draw.
[close]
Post up homie
[close]

Dont lump us all together tough guy, just cause you've met a few racist aussies does not mean all of us are....also if you close the doors when you hear another countrys accent you are probably as stupid in real llfe as you seem on here

Yeah he’s an absolute dipshit because if one is forming opinions of people based of what accent they have, isn’t that like, textbook racism?
listen to cosmic psychos

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #42136 on: December 03, 2020, 11:03:44 AM »
Found out today that Tony Tave's mom works at the elementary school I work in.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #42137 on: December 04, 2020, 09:38:06 AM »
Started a job working from home about a month ago, and I don't hate it! Pay is good too.

Also, I indulged myself in a couple things I've wanted for years but have put off:

Decent wheels for my car... I've had some awful hubcaps on my car that I hated, so when I needed tires recently I also got new rims. Nothing flashy, just something to make it look better overall.

I'm generally pretty frugal, but thankfully I haven't felt any buyer's remorse like I usually do.

Nice I just built a pc too. Stoked I found a 5600x and a 6800 xt. Add me on steam if you want. I'm green_wedges
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 04:10:24 PM by graypubes »

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42138 on: December 04, 2020, 02:11:06 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nice I just built a pc too. Stoked I found a 5600x and a 5800 xt. Add me on steam if you want. I'm green_wedges

Hell yeah! I got a 5600 for a decent price, and so far it's been great. So far I've exclusively played Session and racing/driving sims lol.

masturskater

• Rep: 21
« Reply #42139 on: December 04, 2020, 04:47:16 PM »
Paid off the house today. Now completely debt free. Still in disbelief.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 75
« Reply #42140 on: December 04, 2020, 08:04:51 PM »
Good shit, that’s huge. Fully paying off a house sounds like one of the biggest reliefs from debt I can imagine

masturskater

• Rep: 21
« Reply #42141 on: December 04, 2020, 10:05:46 PM »
Yeah, the extra money will go straight to boring stuff like college savings and retirement.

But it's a huge relief knowing I shouldn't have to worry about the house if both my wife and i aren't working.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #42142 on: December 05, 2020, 06:19:01 AM »

That's fucking massive, I'm about 14 years into a 30 year loan that I'm hoping to smash down to maybe 20-21 years.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #42143 on: December 05, 2020, 11:25:16 PM »
coming up on 2 years drug and alcohol free. had my issues when i was very young, and got to a point where luckily i knew to step in and do everything in my power to quit. my life was falling apart before it even started. every moment since has been a blessing and i appreciate it greatly. luckily, i'm not compelled to even smoke a pinner now lol. to anybody dealing with addiction issues i feel you and love you. just because ur an addict doesn't mean all hope is lost. you aren't a bad person. and there is a sober future for you.

SHALOM!

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #42144 on: December 06, 2020, 09:16:43 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's fucking massive, I'm about 14 years into a 30 year loan that I'm hoping to smash down to maybe 20-21 years.
We bought our house for 80 grand 10 years ago, and have less than 20 less on a 30 year loan. That's pretty nice, considering that I'm about to go back to school for another 7 years.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #42145 on: December 07, 2020, 06:29:44 AM »
I got a copy of Almost's Cheese and Crackers for $5.50 on ebay.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42146 on: December 07, 2020, 10:13:39 AM »
coming up on 2 years drug and alcohol free. had my issues when i was very young, and got to a point where luckily i knew to step in and do everything in my power to quit. my life was falling apart before it even started. every moment since has been a blessing and i appreciate it greatly. luckily, i'm not compelled to even smoke a pinner now lol. to anybody dealing with addiction issues i feel you and love you. just because ur an addict doesn't mean all hope is lost. you aren't a bad person. and there is a sober future for you.

SHALOM!

Congrats! That's a huge achievement.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1380
« Reply #42147 on: December 07, 2020, 03:52:03 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
We bought our house for 80 grand 10 years ago, and have less than 20 less on a 30 year loan. That's pretty nice, considering that I'm about to go back to school for another 7 years.

damn. good for you. were'd you buy a house for 80g?
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Noble Experiment

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 284
« Reply #42148 on: December 07, 2020, 09:07:45 PM »
Booze; and nollie pop shuv manuals

Mesteezo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Rep: 65
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #42149 on: December 08, 2020, 09:34:35 AM »
Finals week in full swing, I lucked out and all of my finals are 3 days apart from each other, and my finance final I don't even have to do because it's optional   8)