Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3059887 times)

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42330 on: January 28, 2021, 10:02:06 PM »
Got my 20$ mask from amazon.

Pugmaster has been marked SAFE from covid

@Pete Good on you man, 6 months is absolutely commendable!

@Dr-Feelgood Go on you too! 30 days is a long ass time for people who know.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

companguero

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 248
  • sesquipedalian
« Reply #42331 on: January 29, 2021, 01:59:31 AM »
Certified pal.  8)

Stoked for you. Sitting on some mystic masonic 33rd degree rep, too

Quote from: lazer69
Bitch, I dont got time to be on here reading every post.

kimura

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 15
« Reply #42332 on: January 29, 2021, 06:41:23 AM »
Certified pal.  8)

You’re like a forum black belt.

mushroom slice

« Reply #42333 on: January 29, 2021, 07:56:47 PM »
Covid caused alot of the tech people that lived in sf to split town. Rent has gone down and for the first time in my life I am moving into a place with a garage and some extra space. It’s not a lot of extra space but it’s more then I’ve ever had before and for that I am thankful.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #42334 on: January 30, 2021, 09:52:52 PM »
Re-familiarized myself with editing. Just used what I happened to have on my camera roll from the past two months of work.

https://streamable.com/2kk2yu

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42335 on: January 30, 2021, 10:38:42 PM »
Covid caused alot of the tech people that lived in sf to split town. Rent has gone down and for the first time in my life I am moving into a place with a garage and some extra space. It’s not a lot of extra space but it’s more then I’ve ever had before and for that I am thankful.

Ya and I'm not stoked how they moved up here and housing prices have jumped 100k on most places and rents have skyrocketed. Buncha yuppie jag offs infiltrating. Fucking gross but that's cool you have more space too
« Last Edit: January 31, 2021, 12:09:06 AM by IusedToSkateMore »
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1927
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42336 on: January 31, 2021, 09:16:52 AM »
Celebrated a buddy's birthday over the weekend with some Korean food, beer, whiskey and a 10k run in the morning. More importantly, we finally had some time to catch up with 1 guy in particular. He's been really quiet on the group chat and he finally admitted to us his marriage was not working out and his wife had moved out a few months ago. They were each others first romantic partner and got married early (27) just out of college. He was candid with us the uncertainty he felt; should they look at divorce or give it a second try.

I'm happy he finally opened up to us and assured him we would be supportive regardless of his choice in life. He also reigned himself in with the alcohol; in the past his first instinct during every time we went out was to get hammered but last night he kept himself in check. On our end we promised we were grown-ass men and didn't need to give each other shit for controlling their drinking.

He's my best friend from grade school and would take a bullet for any of these guys. Aside him him opening up, I'm glad the small group of us are growing up as friends. We've toned down the drinking and talk more openly about where we are in life and this shit we're going through, rather than replaying our drinking stories of yesteryear and how piss drunk we got.

I hope everyone is blessed with a good group of friends they can turn to.

SHALOM
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #42337 on: February 01, 2021, 01:59:46 AM »
Took the week of to sit at the cakko and watch tennis
I’m frothing for tomorrow
Nick’s gonna tear him one

Good shit, rocklobster, yeah you gotta be able to talk about real shit with your mates that shit saves lives
10k run, hungover - this cunt!
listen to cosmic psychos

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42338 on: February 01, 2021, 05:08:52 AM »
Twenty year anniversary with my girl.
Went to the beach and got takeaway curry.

Got home and my dealer had dropped of a half ounce.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42339 on: February 01, 2021, 11:44:26 AM »
My homie is getting married Wednesday and I'm one of only 6 people allowed to go (government restrictions). Flattered and stoked.

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42340 on: February 01, 2021, 01:14:29 PM »
My homie is getting married Wednesday and I'm one of only 6 people allowed to go (government restrictions). Flattered and stoked.

that's what's up! hope you can have fun. There was a period where I went to a bunch of weddings in succession and had a blast partying it up.

Fhk

« Reply #42341 on: February 02, 2021, 01:51:52 PM »
Just got back from the hospital after my first colonoscopy and had 2 colon polyps removed. As of now I am diagnosed with just diverticulitis. I have been so worried it was something far worse. The Dr. assured me there is very little chance the lab will find anything more worrisome with the polyps. So grateful right now.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #42342 on: February 02, 2021, 02:35:57 PM »
  • Betterhelp
  • Iced Coffee
  • NYC snow. first winter here and that shit fills me with joy

Eric Dolphy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 518
« Reply #42343 on: February 02, 2021, 03:34:46 PM »
Quit my motherfucking job today. Don't know what I'm going to do next but I've been meaning to quit for a while, I'm just too lazy when I'm comfortable, but with an end date I'll be forced to deal with it, hopefully. Giving up drugs and alcohol for a while too, just hit a low point and gotta sort my life out, need the energy and motivation to make it happen.
If you see offensive comments, just let it go into one eye and let it out of the other eye, no tears and not sadness or anger.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #42344 on: February 02, 2021, 04:33:59 PM »
Quit my motherfucking job today. Don't know what I'm going to do next but I've been meaning to quit for a while, I'm just too lazy when I'm comfortable, but with an end date I'll be forced to deal with it, hopefully. Giving up drugs and alcohol for a while too, just hit a low point and gotta sort my life out, need the energy and motivation to make it happen.

#joblessgang. my last day was Dec 31st. change is good. let's go

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42345 on: February 02, 2021, 06:35:58 PM »
Just got back from the hospital after my first colonoscopy and had 2 colon polyps removed. As of now I am diagnosed with just diverticulitis. I have been so worried it was something far worse. The Dr. assured me there is very little chance the lab will find anything more worrisome with the polyps. So grateful right now.

Is that the same thing that Brock Lesnar got and had to get part of his colon removed? Damn, stay strong @Fhk hu!

Shalom and TK bless on finding something that gets you fired up.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 736
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #42346 on: February 03, 2021, 06:20:12 PM »
Got new tires for my car today so I can make the hour drive tomorrow to get my second covid shot. Cut it close though. They finished the job about ten minutes before closing.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Fhk

« Reply #42347 on: February 04, 2021, 05:42:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Is that the same thing that Brock Lesnar got and had to get part of his colon removed? Damn, stay strong @Fhk hu!

Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks @rocklobster! I'm not sure of that guy, but its not a huge deal in my case bud. My mind went haywire with the what-ifs so this is almost my best case scenario. Thank you again for reaching out homey!

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #42348 on: February 04, 2021, 06:02:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thanks @rocklobster! I'm not sure of that guy, but its not a huge deal in my case bud. My mind went haywire with the what-ifs so this is almost my best case scenario. Thank you again for reaching out homey!

I know quite a few people who had it.  In mild cases this can be cured with antibiotics but even if they have to cut a bit of colon that‘s not dramatic and it will still work quite well afterwards in most cases.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42349 on: February 04, 2021, 06:04:15 AM »
Finally got a new job. Higher salary, more rewarding work, health insurance, yearly bonus... Feeling optimistic.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42350 on: February 04, 2021, 09:21:21 AM »
Finally got a new job. Higher salary, more rewarding work, health insurance, yearly bonus... Feeling optimistic.

BIG SHALOM

1) Spoke to my wife about changing jobs and she's all for it. I thought she would give me grief since we are applying for citizenship in Canada and PR agencies like seeing consistency in your job history. I think she definitely sees there is zero fire in me within my current job, but the work life balance has allowed me to pursue skateboarding and other hobbies more.
2) Almost rolled my ankle badly today during the session, good thing I was wearing an Etcetera brace (Ronnie Creager's brand) that helped keep my ankle tight. It could have been a really bad one, judging by the collective gasp that everyone who happened to watch me bail made. Also, doing loads of ankle strengthening exercises have been really helpful.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

sketchyrider

« Reply #42351 on: February 04, 2021, 10:02:37 AM »

same, more or less. and just in time too, the current part time schedule i have was driving me nuts.

sending love to under/unemployed folks reading this thread.

RENTSTRIKE

• Rep: 8
« Reply #42352 on: February 04, 2021, 11:12:09 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

BIG SHALOM

1) Spoke to my wife about changing jobs and she's all for it. I thought she would give me grief since we are applying for citizenship in Canada and PR agencies like seeing consistency in your job history. I think she definitely sees there is zero fire in me within my current job, but the work life balance has allowed me to pursue skateboarding and other hobbies more.
2) Almost rolled my ankle badly today during the session, good thing I was wearing an Etcetera brace (Ronnie Creager's brand) that helped keep my ankle tight. It could have been a really bad one, judging by the collective gasp that everyone who happened to watch me bail made. Also, doing loads of ankle strengthening exercises have been really helpful.

What kind of ankle strengthening exercises have you been doing? I've got chronically weak ankles, but can't seem to find a routine that sticks

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42353 on: February 04, 2021, 06:28:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

BIG SHALOM

[close]

What kind of ankle strengthening exercises have you been doing? I've got chronically weak ankles, but can't seem to find a routine that sticks

I do this regularly at my desk during the work day.

This one is good too.

This last one is nice for recovery; hurts so good kind of stretching.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 325
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42354 on: February 04, 2021, 08:57:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ya and I'm not stoked how they moved up here and housing prices have jumped 100k on most places and rents have skyrocketed. Buncha yuppie jag offs infiltrating. Fucking gross but that's cool you have more space too

In garberville?
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #42355 on: February 04, 2021, 11:22:25 PM »
Two days off, can stay up late and not have to pay for it. Like a little kid lol.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #42356 on: February 05, 2021, 08:49:12 AM »
  • iced coffee
  • sunny day in nyc metro area
  • ace trucks warranty program and employees
  • hamstring stretches to loosen up the lower back that shit will change your life do it now:

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42357 on: February 05, 2021, 07:20:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

In garberville?
More northern Humboldt coast, population centers like Eureka, Arcata, Mack, Trinidad/Westhaven. Some punk kids from SC moved up here, near a kid I skate with, and were stoked to rent a house in Eureka for $2300, which is traditionally very, very high.

unless it's permitted, more rural land is SoHum seems to be dropping or leveling in price.

animalflesh

« Reply #42358 on: February 06, 2021, 12:28:48 PM »

Big thing! Hope it’s something you can be passionate about as well

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42359 on: February 06, 2021, 11:51:31 PM »
Sunday morning session with the homies today, and enough of the park regulars turned up so it has the perfect amount of people to be lively without crowding out the spot.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m