Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3061833 times)

Blueabyssofthisss

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42480 on: March 20, 2021, 12:29:52 PM »
Tyshawns shoes really are incredible. Somehow the laces don’t rip?

EXTRA SPICY

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 327
  • Low Scovilles
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42481 on: March 20, 2021, 03:23:02 PM »
re-watching Mosaic for the first time in few years.

We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #42482 on: March 21, 2021, 12:59:45 PM »
I managed to repair a household device. Being a pencil pusher this made me feel manly and the missus was impressed  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

baustin

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 117
« Reply #42483 on: March 21, 2021, 07:21:49 PM »
Deactivated my Instagram account after 8 years of steady usage/eventual addiction. About two weeks into no ig now and not missing it at all

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1392
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42484 on: March 22, 2021, 06:33:42 PM »
cleaned up a pair of early 80s kossfire speakers I'd bought at a yardsale for $10 last summer and sold em on craigslist for $100 today. Can buy some skate shit and get takeout
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42485 on: March 23, 2021, 10:41:48 AM »
cleaned up a pair of early 80s kossfire speakers I'd bought at a yardsale for $10 last summer and sold em on craigslist for $100 today. Can buy some skate shit and get takeout
That's really cool. Did you have to put much work into them?

winnasoda

• Rep: -31
« Reply #42486 on: March 23, 2021, 11:07:25 AM »
Deactivated my Instagram account after 8 years of steady usage/eventual addiction. About two weeks into no ig now and not missing it at all

same it feels so fucking good

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42487 on: March 23, 2021, 12:43:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
That's really cool. Did you have to put much work into them?

not at all! The guy I bought them from had purchased them from RadioShack with paper route money in the early 80s, so they were in pretty good shape. All I did was clean up some mildew on tops of cabinets, clean the fabric grills, and check/tighten connections/spring clips. I'd wanted to keep them but I've got a set of early 90s JBL bookshelf speakers that I bought from an old time Jazz head who goes by the name "Brother Tom." He'd put some higher end tweeters in, so for what they, speakers I bought from a barn sale, sound far more complex and complete than the Koss, not to mention they take up less space. However, if I'd wanted to simply play louder, bassier sounds, the Koss would crush it with 10" woofers

Phil Leotardo

• Rep: -7
  • Lemme tell you a couple of three things
« Reply #42488 on: March 23, 2021, 04:49:53 PM »
Had my wisdom teeth removed this morning. Bottom two were really impacted and the roots were growing into my jaw's bone. I'm in a bit of pain and my bottom lip and chin are stil numb. Glad I finally decided to get them out, the pressure headaches were getting unbearable. Now I'm drooling like a mf and it won't stop. The towel I'm using looks like it belongs at a crime scene. Gave me some low level painkillers and I've been hesitant on taking them. Ibuprofen seems to be helping.
There's no scraps in my scrapbook

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #42489 on: March 24, 2021, 01:02:11 AM »
I managed to repair a household device. Being a pencil pusher this made me feel manly and the missus was impressed  ;D

Love this because I can relate. I'm a lot more handy than I used to be but damn there was a time when I was really clueless.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #42490 on: March 24, 2021, 05:24:40 PM »
I've had two bad blazers in a row. One was right foot this time it's left.

I'm screwed. Every time I buy a different shoe I miss size them or they are to pointed.

I have deformed pinky toes.

They are like stunted by My parents running shoe go like they was on zero two but on like stride right or payless or og chucks for my first decade on a board.

I remember teaching all my friends who wrapped duct tape around one foot how to use bike tubes and various glues to get through.

I glued the foxing wrap  this morning and it's all separating again from the leather end of the day.

Im going to have to start busking again.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42491 on: March 24, 2021, 07:26:59 PM »
Skated a skatepark pool/bowl situation for the first time in I don't even know how long and it was dope as hell. By the end of the sesh I rode right under coping (metal) in the mid deep end, got more than halfway up the hips, and was skating fast as fuck. can't even put into words how stoked I am. It's like my legs/ankles got tired because I haven't done it in a long time and am getting back from an injury, so I was only making it around once, but after a few runs my body just conformed to the shapes needed for carving. it really diversifies my skating options right now ha ha ha it's gonna be a new era skating transition without being wasted. fuck yes. getting over the the death wobbles on the fs carve on a hip feels so good. woooosh

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #42492 on: March 25, 2021, 12:53:38 AM »
I'm going into surgery for my ankle in a few hours. I'm nervous and stressed because I won't be mobile for at least 2-3 weeks and then I can kind of crutch around and do PT. The good news is that I've been waiting for this surgery since August so after the recovery I'll (hopefully) be able to be active and skate and surf this summer. Fingers crossed. In the meantime I just got a new iPad Pro to animate on to pass the time and maybe learn some computer skills since my normal work is in physical labor and I've never had a desk job or those kind of skills. I've also got some good books. to read, drawing supplies, and Netflix, Criterion, HBO, Hulu, and Disney + passes to pass the time.We shall see.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42493 on: March 25, 2021, 02:15:58 AM »
I'm going into surgery for my ankle in a few hours. I'm nervous and stressed because I won't be mobile for at least 2-3 weeks and then I can kind of crutch around and do PT. The good news is that I've been waiting for this surgery since August so after the recovery I'll (hopefully) be able to be active and skate and surf this summer. Fingers crossed. In the meantime I just got a new iPad Pro to animate on to pass the time and maybe learn some computer skills since my normal work is in physical labor and I've never had a desk job or those kind of skills. I've also got some good books. to read, drawing supplies, and Netflix, Criterion, HBO, Hulu, and Disney + passes to pass the time.We shall see.

Go easy on the rehab and don't rush the recovery! I always wondered how badly my left ankle is busted up, maybe the tendons and ligaments are destroyed and years of ignoring it have cause it to heal incorrectly. You never realize how much your toes and feet do for you until they are out of commission.

Speedy recovery my dude.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #42494 on: March 25, 2021, 03:40:06 AM »
Shower beers

https://ibb.co/pw2wDHw

No, the water doesn’t go in the beer I just took a photo with the water in front of beer. You either have a clip on beer holder above the shower rose or you have it within easy reach outside the shower

It’s really nice like a long shower with hot water and a cold beer, it’s really relaxing

Only in the pm, am would be pretty hectic haha
listen to cosmic psychos

bongboarder420

• Rep: 60
« Reply #42495 on: March 25, 2021, 10:38:40 AM »
won an independent trucks contest and got a box of a bunch of stuff. the shirts aren’t my size but got some new trucks, bearings, jacket and some other goods.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #42496 on: March 26, 2021, 06:35:54 AM »
goin on a date for the first time in a while today

little nervous but excited, she seems really cool and even if it doesnt work out i still put myself out there.
its been hard getting out there, right after me and my ex broke up covid hit, i've been layin low for a year

but i'm excited to start again!

KillDayoy

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #42497 on: March 26, 2021, 09:04:34 AM »
This week has been life hammers left and right. Got fully vaccinated, my girlfriend got 2 poems published in a literary magazine and we found out we got approved for an apartment in our budget right on the beach. So fucking stoked on everything right now!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42498 on: March 26, 2021, 09:58:45 AM »
Getting into bed early-ish (1am) to skate early tmr, 7am sessions are the best. Swapped out my Venture V-Hollow for Titanium I got from a Pal, considered going up from 52mm Spitfires to brand new 54mm Bones, but I can't handle too many variables.

Have a swell weekend everyone.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #42499 on: March 26, 2021, 01:03:30 PM »
Getting into bed early-ish (1am) to skate early tmr, 7am sessions are the best. Swapped out my Venture V-Hollow for Titanium I got from a Pal, considered going up from 52mm Spitfires to brand new 54mm Bones, but I can't handle too many variables.

Have a swell weekend everyone.
Enjoy that morning sesh!

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #42500 on: March 26, 2021, 03:33:04 PM »
After years of dealing with the city and housing programs I finally got my brother a single room living situation in San Francisco at the end of the month after hes been homeless for years. Knowing that he has a roof over his head and not sleeping on the streets every night is a big relief

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #42501 on: March 26, 2021, 06:12:40 PM »
A collab I can get behind:

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 720
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #42502 on: March 26, 2021, 07:35:07 PM »
I'm out at what used to be my local bar for the first time in many moons. I've got no one to talk to but I'm glad to be in a familiar setting post covid. The bartender is really cool.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #42503 on: March 26, 2021, 07:41:32 PM »
Was feeling really discouraged about a few bad days at work (I'm a teacher), but found some inspiration in this quote I love by Maxine Greene: "We have never arrived, we are always becoming." Got me thinking about how the obsession with being perfect is, ironically, so often the path to complacency and subsequent failure, and that it's much better to focus on continued growth and honesty about/acceptance of failure in order to really improve.

I guess I'm just stoked on the idea of using failure or imperfection as motivation and reason to be the best version of me. It really is the best way to learn if you can frame it that way...
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #42504 on: March 26, 2021, 08:32:23 PM »
Shower beers

https://ibb.co/pw2wDHw

No, the water doesn’t go in the beer I just took a photo with the water in front of beer. You either have a clip on beer holder above the shower rose or you have it within easy reach outside the shower

It’s really nice like a long shower with hot water and a cold beer, it’s really relaxing

Only in the pm, am would be pretty hectic haha

important post. shower beers are an entire lifestyle. although I find that they hit a little better on a trip or vacation, or at least in someone elses shower, i think i might just have one tonight. big up matty c

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42505 on: March 26, 2021, 08:33:13 PM »
Was feeling really discouraged about a few bad days at work (I'm a teacher), but found some inspiration in this quote I love by Maxine Greene: "We have never arrived, we are always becoming." Got me thinking about how the obsession with being perfect is, ironically, so often the path to complacency and subsequent failure, and that it's much better to focus on continued growth and honesty about/acceptance of failure in order to really improve.

I guess I'm just stoked on the idea of using failure or imperfection as motivation and reason to be the best version of me. It really is the best way to learn if you can frame it that way...

"Aim for progress, not perfection"

Cliche but relevant.

Edit: good AM session before the rain rolled in, managed to get a bunch of trick I hadn't done in a while.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 11:01:16 PM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Cuban_Lynx

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • I got the internet goin' nuts
« Reply #42506 on: March 27, 2021, 04:00:09 PM »
Walked into Uprise and bought a couple boards for the first time in a year. It’s been curbside or delivery this whole time. Felt so good.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #42507 on: March 27, 2021, 05:58:05 PM »
I was super drained and tired last night (saturday night) ended up falling asleep before 9 pm, made me feel old as fuck but i was also stoked to wake up feeling so damn rested and fresh on a sunday

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

4LOM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #42508 on: April 01, 2021, 04:27:33 PM »
Picked up Keanu’s BRZRKR comic

God took rib from Adam to make woman
BRZRKR rips rib from man to kill man

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #42509 on: April 06, 2021, 03:06:12 PM »
Re-re-re-learned frontside noseslides today. Just on a big curb, and to fakie, and not going fast, but I'm really hyped. The last one I ollied into and slid was five years ago, as sad as that is.

What's even sadder is that I had to relearn ollieng into nosestalls before I could properly try front noses, and I did that today as well. I was trying ollieing into nosestalls for a few weeks and it just wasn't working, which was pretty maddening. But once I relearned nosestalls today, the front nose came back quickly after that which was a big surprise. I did like six.

I'm hyped partially because I want to film a line with a front nose on a proper ledge this year, and relearning them if even on a curb is a big step forward. It felt so good to slide them again.