Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3059750 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42540 on: April 25, 2021, 06:56:21 PM »
Went for a bunch of job interviews over the past 2 weeks after feeling stuck in my current job. The pay check is decent and the work-life balance ain't too bad, but I've been spinning my weeks over the last year and I feel like I've got too much piss and vinegar settle in this job.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

brycickle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #42541 on: April 25, 2021, 09:19:24 PM »
I posted a picture of our new kitchen on another thread, but we finally managed to find a house. We are just hoping that it appraises way lower than the price we landed on. We also sold our current house for 5k less than double what we paid for it 10 years ago. The shitty part of buying a house right now was at least counter acted a bit by the selling part.

And I get to live in the same city that I work and go to school in full time. No more commuting 1 hour each way.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #42542 on: April 25, 2021, 10:06:38 PM »
moved into a new spot with my lady
two blocks away from my local shop, market, dog park, skatepark and bar

gonna be broke for twelve straight months but wealth is just a construct so whatever

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #42543 on: April 26, 2021, 04:01:39 AM »
Starting a new job at Peets coffee today wish me luck my friends! ;D

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42544 on: April 26, 2021, 06:31:02 AM »
Starting a new job at Peets coffee today wish me luck my friends! ;D

good luck armin. i'm also trying to find a new job since being laid off due to covid and after half a year of barely being able to work, i feel so unfit to deal with customers. shit freaks me out. still hope i find something very soon and also hope you're new job is fun and that you have cool coworkers!

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42545 on: April 26, 2021, 07:43:19 AM »
Went for a bunch of job interviews over the past 2 weeks after feeling stuck in my current job. The pay check is decent and the work-life balance ain't too bad, but I've been spinning my weeks over the last year and I feel like I've got too much piss and vinegar settle in this job.

Got called back for a 2nd interview for the rest of the team for the company I applied for. Young-ish and hopefully the vibes are good.

I went for an interview for a sales job with a huge System Integrator (SI) that are strongly government backed, in other words a very safe career. The 2 guys conducting the interview had been in the company for 20 years each and I could not see myself working with them, even though the company would look amazing on my resume.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Yu Dum

« Reply #42546 on: April 26, 2021, 07:47:34 AM »
Skated for 8 hours yesterday and we're going to be moving to a much better place before the end of the year; 4 acres, a workshop already standing on the property, and a more open floorplan. Life's looking pretty solid.

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #42547 on: April 26, 2021, 10:34:27 AM »
hit my first street hand rail this morning then got my first puppy this afternoon.  skydiving tomorrow.  feeling good.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hz4ic7v1vG8Ed4ncOWRzpmWgAthAZqzV/view

Wearing sunglasses and everything! That was a good boardslide too keep it up

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42548 on: April 26, 2021, 11:30:56 AM »
Skated for 8 hours yesterday and we're going to be moving to a much better place before the end of the year; 4 acres, a workshop already standing on the property, and a more open floorplan. Life's looking pretty solid.

ayeeee. 4 acres is nice. and a workshop to boot. gaddamn. is it your property, or can you at least do whatever you want as far as building, planting, etc? Although this rental house is pretty darn awesome and I'm rehabbing the fuck out of the property landscape wise (garden beds, chopping trees, fixing fences), it's just under an acre and it's not mine. I want 5+ with a small house, stream, greenhouse, and south facing sun. On the hunt, man, on the hunt. I don't want to have to move to New England to find it, but we shall see.

enjoy that shit homie!!!!
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Yu Dum

« Reply #42549 on: April 26, 2021, 12:53:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

ayeeee. 4 acres is nice. and a workshop to boot. gaddamn. is it your property, or can you at least do whatever you want as far as building, planting, etc? Although this rental house is pretty darn awesome and I'm rehabbing the fuck out of the property landscape wise (garden beds, chopping trees, fixing fences), it's just under an acre and it's not mine. I want 5+ with a small house, stream, greenhouse, and south facing sun. On the hunt, man, on the hunt. I don't want to have to move to New England to find it, but we shall see.

Thanks, man! I'm pretty stoked. It's a rental, BUT we're renting-to-own from my step-mom. So, it's pretty much ours to do whatever with. She's already done a TON to renovate, so the only thing we'll have to worry about it where we'll put our garden and how to mow the grass.lol
You'll find it soon enough! Just stay on the hunt. It's a seller's market right now, but occasionally you'll find a place that's been on the market for far longer than the seller would like. At that point, it's just about negotiating a price you're both satisfied with, if you're trying to buy.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42550 on: April 26, 2021, 06:45:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thanks, man! I'm pretty stoked. It's a rental, BUT we're renting-to-own from my step-mom. So, it's pretty much ours to do whatever with. She's already done a TON to renovate, so the only thing we'll have to worry about it where we'll put our garden and how to mow the grass.lol
You'll find it soon enough! Just stay on the hunt. It's a seller's market right now, but occasionally you'll find a place that's been on the market for far longer than the seller would like. At that point, it's just about negotiating a price you're both satisfied with, if you're trying to buy.

From losing your rental place a year ago to owning a house, big shalom on that!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42551 on: April 26, 2021, 08:46:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

hell ya kid, that's what's up!!! Sounds like a great thing you got going on.

I'm in no rush, really just waiting for the right thing to pop up. What that right thing is has yet to be decided. enjoy atman!

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
« Reply #42552 on: April 27, 2021, 08:11:43 AM »
Expand Quote
hit my first street hand rail this morning then got my first puppy this afternoon.  skydiving tomorrow.  feeling good.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hz4ic7v1vG8Ed4ncOWRzpmWgAthAZqzV/view
[close]

Wearing sunglasses and everything! That was a good boardslide too keep it up

Ha thanks. Here in denver the UVs are no joke. I wear sunglasses pretty much every time i go outside.

BAIL

• Rep: 7
« Reply #42553 on: April 27, 2021, 12:34:34 PM »
started a new job yesterday that's full remote, no more going to work in a manufacturing facility every day! super stoked to not be geographically tied down moving forward as i've been living in the same place for over ten years and am ready for a change. also, one of my new coworkers skates, so that s cool

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #42554 on: April 29, 2021, 03:00:05 PM »
I defended my PhD in Sociology today (with unanimous distinction) after entering the program for a Masters in 2011. What a ride it's been, I found my wife along the way and a good career in social policy research and evaluation and statistics. Any other STATA heads on here?

Also ordered a Flip deck, never had one before but the dimensions looked too good: 8.38 x 32.75 x 14.25

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #42555 on: April 29, 2021, 03:34:59 PM »
I defended my PhD in Sociology today (with unanimous distinction) after entering the program for a Masters in 2011. What a ride it's been, I found my wife along the way and a good career in social policy research and evaluation and statistics. Any other STATA heads on here?

Also ordered a Flip deck, never had one before but the dimensions looked too good: 8.38 x 32.75 x 14.25

Congrats!

Feels really good to be able to STOP thinking about the dissertation. Make your table of contents so it automatically does page numbers for you. Saves time.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #42556 on: April 29, 2021, 05:07:48 PM »
Had the breakthrough I’ve been waiting for on switch flips for the last two years. Sooo fucking stoked. Also figured out how to consistently land in bs lips today. Was a good day to say the least
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 05:23:37 PM by Blueabyssofthisss »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42557 on: April 30, 2021, 12:55:10 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Got called back for a 2nd interview for the rest of the team for the company I applied for. Young-ish and hopefully the vibes are good.

I went for an interview for a sales job with a huge System Integrator (SI) that are strongly government backed, in other words a very safe career. The 2 guys conducting the interview had been in the company for 20 years each and I could not see myself working with them, even though the company would look amazing on my resume.

Made it though the 2nd interview for the job I wanted, last one next week with the local teams and I'm golden.

Long weekend, going to get my skate on for a good hard session.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #42558 on: May 01, 2021, 10:20:26 AM »
Finally got to skate today after almost two months off and my back didn’t give out. Lasted about an hour and a half but my legs were getting tired.

I still suck but at least my back didn’t give out, I’ll be able to get out of bed tomorrow.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #42559 on: May 01, 2021, 08:39:42 PM »
Expand Quote

No good skate clips this trip. Next time
[close]
Skate any spots around the area?

It's ok
I'm more of an off the beaten path type.

I skated Tompkins Washington square and a few places in between.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #42560 on: May 01, 2021, 08:42:45 PM »
I finally remixed and mastered and burnt the discs.

I'm going to have another release and edporw maybe as soon as I find a computer to upload to. I feel like they aren't going to want a hc song so if they don't use it with in a few months I'll just put it up for pals to kook

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #42561 on: May 01, 2021, 09:00:39 PM »
Just moved into a new place in a good neighbourhood, close to the beach, bomb ass city views while not being in the city and big green park right across the street, probably the best sunset and sunrise ive had from an apartment....on top of that got a nice new big couch, new bed, kinda treating ourselves cause we plan to settle here for a while, im by no means rich so putting our money into making this new place feel like a comfortable home has been nice, bank accounts hurting a bit but im stoked on the place and feeling settled again, its nice.

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

fortunecattlesteakhouse

• Rep: 91
« Reply #42562 on: May 02, 2021, 01:31:52 PM »
costco fries

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42563 on: May 02, 2021, 03:38:21 PM »
skateboarding. low red curbs. smooth asphalt. 35th ave shop deck. reggae. 53mm wheels. quantum isotope bearings. my garden beds are ripping. radio. interesting community radio. ravens

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42564 on: May 02, 2021, 10:02:29 PM »
Day off from Labor Day so AM session. Finally got the secret to coming out forward on BS Tailslides, I usually just roll out Fakie.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42565 on: May 03, 2021, 06:41:45 AM »
Been really enjoying playing drums lately. Really fun to learn. Hopefully I'll be able to play with a band this summer.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #42566 on: May 03, 2021, 07:27:18 AM »
Been really enjoying playing drums lately. Really fun to learn. Hopefully I'll be able to play with a band this summer.

Dude I miss being in a band so fucking much. If you were ever down to do some long distance shit, I would be down as fuck to jump in on that.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #42567 on: May 03, 2021, 08:50:25 AM »
Just passed my final exam and I'll be applying for my bachelors degree next week!

bigdave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #42568 on: May 03, 2021, 08:55:38 AM »
-I woke up in a really good mood today. I have been having real mental health challenges lately.
-Been eating better last few days
-Regular Yoga practice
-Ran four miles on Saturday and it wasnt bad at all. I've been increasing my mileage and intensity and it's paying off.
-Shoulder feels better - will start to surf again Friday
-Got a friend helping me with my mini ramp learning, and I think I am on the verge of some breakthroughs.
-My birthday next week!

edit: one more thing...I quit all social media. Everything. Twitter, Instagram, all of it. Honestly...best thing. Cant recommend enough.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 09:44:24 AM by bigdave »
ok thanks

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42569 on: May 03, 2021, 10:02:47 AM »
-I woke up in a really good mood today. I have been having real mental health challenges lately.
-Been eating better last few days
-Regular Yoga practice
-Ran four miles on Saturday and it wasnt bad at all. I've been increasing my mileage and intensity and it's paying off.
-Shoulder feels better - will start to surf again Friday
-Got a friend helping me with my mini ramp learning, and I think I am on the verge of some breakthroughs.
-My birthday next week!

edit: one more thing...I quit all social media. Everything. Twitter, Instagram, all of it. Honestly...best thing. Cant recommend enough.

Hearing you're taking fitness seriously is definitely a +1. Alternate between distance and intensity runs. I've stopped running anything longer than a 10k and just do lots of interval runs. Similar results to a much longer run with less wear on the knees and ankles.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m