Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3059696 times)

Grind King Rims

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42630 on: June 11, 2021, 10:38:38 AM »
My friend could do that years ago but I could never figure it out.

I like riding off a curb and reverting as soon as you land. Nice feeling.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #42631 on: June 11, 2021, 08:08:57 PM »
Finally was able to order an Xbox series x thanks to twitter. Gotta wait for a few more days before I can go pick it up at target. Hopefully I’ll see joslins wife there.
I’ve been craving skate 3 for the past 8 years, plus halo and all sorts of other shit I couldn’t play on my PS4. Also all my childhood friends and college buddies have xbox, so I never invested in a mic or played with anyone for years on my PS4. I’m excited to get back to that.
This upcoming holiday season also has me the most excited for releases in like a decade. I’ll save the rest of the nerding out for some other time in the vidya games section.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1473
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42632 on: June 11, 2021, 08:42:35 PM »
Since my wife is an assistant director at the childcare facility she works at, she was able to help get our daughter her first summer job there at $9/hour. She's been doing a great job of helping them prepare for their upcoming inspection and is well liked by everyone there.

Today, she got her first real paycheck for 40 hours and it was so cute to see my little baby's eyes light up when I asked her what she would buy with it.

Also, I just got off the phone with my mom to tell her about it and I could feel her gushing at her namesake (my daughter is named after my mom) getting an easy entry into future employment.

Feels so good right now.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #42633 on: June 11, 2021, 09:05:49 PM »
Since my wife is an assistant director at the childcare facility she works at, she was able to help get our daughter her first summer job there at $9/hour. She's been doing a great job of helping them prepare for their upcoming inspection and is well liked by everyone there.

Today, she got her first real paycheck for 40 hours and it was so cute to see my little baby's eyes light up when I asked her what she would buy with it.

Also, I just got off the phone with my mom to tell her about it and I could feel her gushing at her namesake (my daughter is named after my mom) getting an easy entry into future employment.

Feels so good right now.

That is so sick man; those moments make having a family sound better than anything! A full heart is worth more than gold.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42634 on: June 12, 2021, 06:21:59 AM »

Feels so good right now.

Landed heelflips for the first time in years. Tweaked the back foot position so it could finally get it up and off the ground.

Chatted up a guy at the park who was riding a mid-2000s AWS AVE deck, 7.675, Don Pedelton graphic. Asked to buy it off him and he offered to give it to me since it was cracked near the rear mounting bolts. Ended up giving him $10 for it, even though it was in pretty beat up condition. Forbidden 14 is still pretty fresh, AVE's name and the graphic are still clearly visible. Stoked to have a piece from this era.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #42635 on: June 12, 2021, 08:27:10 AM »
Starting a new job in a few weeks. I quit my job in 2013, told my boss that I was going back to school to do this. 8 years and a couple of degrees later, after working entry level bullshit and graveyards for the last few year, I got it. I feel like I won the lottery. Not so much for the job, but it feels good to accomplish a goal. I feel like I’ve been slinking through life, but this one’s finally a win.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42636 on: June 12, 2021, 10:08:12 AM »
Starting a new job in a few weeks. I quit my job in 2013, told my boss that I was going back to school to do this. 8 years and a couple of degrees later, after working entry level bullshit and graveyards for the last few year, I got it. I feel like I won the lottery. Not so much for the job, but it feels good to accomplish a goal. I feel like I’ve been slinking through life, but this one’s finally a win.

congrats and good luck!

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1381
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42637 on: June 12, 2021, 08:51:21 PM »
Hella stoke ride today. I've been visiting family on the east coast and, you all might know how it is staying with your family, the small stressors and old roles that pop up, but my family is cool as can be, so really it's pretty sweet. Found some Indy baseplates I'd used for hat racks when I was a kid. Went out and skated all the spots from my youth and some new ones. Lots of fun, especially burning a fat wood all over town and landing mad ollies

Got a really promising job interview next week at a place where I am already invested as a community member.

Stoked on 14.25 WB. Feels weird before I'm warmed up, but the stick kinda sticks to me feet a bit better than w the standard 14.5wb I generally ride when I'm popping around.

Had a real nice time and some important, deep conversations with the in-laws (no marriage but y'all know, 7yrs can be called an in-law situation ;) ) up at their house.

House sitting an incredible property on a river w kayaks, hot tub, and really nice, expensive, extremely comfortable beds and chairs/couches. It's some next level comfort for a cat who scavenges furniture from free piles and what not

And man! The skate session tonight was on point! Hit some small ass gaps and stairset. Up and down a the same 3 I learned to Ollie up like 20 years ago!!!

Last! Stoked to be rambling 8)

Shalom, dawgs!
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

doublesteveburger

« Reply #42638 on: June 12, 2021, 10:32:53 PM »
nursing a beer listening to Neil young with my pup at my side

I like my solitude, everything is as it should

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42639 on: June 13, 2021, 01:46:37 AM »

Working life does feel this way at times, like how did I end up working in XYZ job as the years keep rolling by. When your career throws you a bone, get on it sooner rather than later, could be the jumpstart to a new, exciting phase of your life.

Shalom.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 295
« Reply #42640 on: June 15, 2021, 12:33:23 PM »
Even with low credit I managed to get approved for a small studio apt. I’m stoked its next to two grocery stores, Wilson skate park, transit station, off leash dog beach, and its closer to work. This will be my first place solo. I keep thinking back to this time last year when I was getting divorced, had no job, was drinking like crazy, and only had 100$ in my pocket. Also it’s across the street from a target so shout out to the Joslins. I made it!

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #42641 on: June 17, 2021, 12:18:43 AM »
Fuck yeah bro that’s awesome I’m glad you got the joint
I got mad stoned last night and we couldn’t find the glue but it’s not cause I was stoned it got dropped off in a weird place
But I was trying so hard not to laugh as we hunted through underground car parks late at night for this ardex pallet
I went through channels got the drivers number and woke him up all pretending to be upset cause we couldn’t find the pallet but it was all bullshit
I had this extra hot mocha from max brenners and some chocolate they have good chocolate stuff

But then we found it so it was like oh no fuck have to work now but then luckily someone saw this new batch of tiles is 6 shades lighter than the other ones they supplied so we all high fived and hugged like in those videos when someone does a good trick, went home and got that bts meal with the Cajun sauce and project managers called me just now not back till Monday till they get the right ones

Fucking cheering cause I was already drunk just gambled it haha and I got mates coming down this weekend to skate anyway so I am mad stoked on the long weekend
listen to cosmic psychos

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #42642 on: June 17, 2021, 07:51:04 AM »
Man this thread is making me super happy. Really hoping for nothing but continued success for every single one of you and keep up the hard work.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

sketchyrider

« Reply #42643 on: June 17, 2021, 12:30:30 PM »
moving to a new city where some old friends live.

PrettyRicki

• Rep: 10
  • Symmetrical boards <3
« Reply #42644 on: June 17, 2021, 01:24:05 PM »
moving to a new city where some old friends live.

Hell ya, I bet your old friends can show you around too.

I'm stoked on going to a skatepark in a new city when the people there are chill or it's practically empty.

white guy in a durag

• Rep: 230
  • 0 days since last ankle injury
« Reply #42645 on: June 18, 2021, 10:20:28 AM »
Ever since I got back into skating 2 years, I felt like I was just catching up to where I was. I was kinda scared that learning tricks just wasn't gonna happen for me again. Within my last 2 or 3 sessions though, that's suddenly changed. I haven't landed anything new yet, but suddenly everything feels like it's within reach; even slappies(the bar really is that low), which I previously regarded as some dark art voodoo shit, are making sense.

I always loved skating, but it feels like it finally loves me back.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42646 on: June 18, 2021, 11:08:46 PM »
Ever since I got back into skating 2 years, I felt like I was just catching up to where I was. I was kinda scared that learning tricks just wasn't gonna happen for me again. Within my last 2 or 3 sessions though, that's suddenly changed. I haven't landed anything new yet, but suddenly everything feels like it's within reach; even slappies(the bar really is that low), which I previously regarded as some dark art voodoo shit, are making sense.

I always loved skating, but it feels like it finally loves me back.

You never stop being a skateboarder, you just take time off your board.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

DaleSr

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1440
« Reply #42647 on: June 18, 2021, 11:20:10 PM »
I got a new job today and

THE MOTHERFUCKING CLIPPERS ARE IN THE MOTHERFUCKING WCF FOR THE FIRST TIME IN FIFTY MOTHERFUCKING YEARS

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #42648 on: June 20, 2021, 05:37:42 PM »
Garbage picked a mint factor x kicker

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #42649 on: June 20, 2021, 09:52:20 PM »
If my orthopedic surgeon gives me the ok next week I can (I hope) start skating again next month <3
I've been injured since last August.

Also I stumbled across these absolute gems yesterday:

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 975
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #42650 on: June 21, 2021, 07:38:05 AM »
I saw Mark at the grocery store yesterday. I said hi mark how you doing. 
I was in a rush and he looked alarmed. It must suck being crazy famous
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #42651 on: June 22, 2021, 10:12:29 PM »
I hope you’re doing alright @Uncle Flea
I got some liverwust and put it on a bagel with cottage cheese it’s actually ok I never put liverwust on a bagel before only toast
listen to cosmic psychos

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #42652 on: June 23, 2021, 04:37:06 AM »
Started work at 0330 yesterday and really enjoyed how much cooler it was in the morning, then when I got of the clock I worked on my buddies s10 until about 9pm. Everyone said the fuel pump was out and that he needs to take it to a shop and get it replaced. I insisted it was the injectors, so I showed him how to replace the fuel pump and in the process of inspecting said fuel pump, showed him that it was actually pretty new and worked fine and that it was an issue with the injectors. Saved him the $850 he was quoted to get it replaced, then we scored an hour long slappy session that was an absolute fucking blast. And I got to sleep in until 0430 today which was super nice.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #42653 on: June 23, 2021, 06:09:46 AM »
Started work at 0330 yesterday and really enjoyed how much cooler it was in the morning, then when I got of the clock I worked on my buddies s10 until about 9pm. Everyone said the fuel pump was out and that he needs to take it to a shop and get it replaced. I insisted it was the injectors, so I showed him how to replace the fuel pump and in the process of inspecting said fuel pump, showed him that it was actually pretty new and worked fine and that it was an issue with the injectors. Saved him the $850 he was quoted to get it replaced, then we scored an hour long slappy session that was an absolute fucking blast. And I got to sleep in until 0430 today which was super nice.

My hat is off to you, sir.  Thorough troubleshooting is a must! I abhor parts swapping.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
  • Free Max B
« Reply #42654 on: June 23, 2021, 02:31:26 PM »
9 months dogfood free today lots of ups and downs but no relapses. alot more bad days than good, days that feel impossible to get outta bed bc my body convinced itself it needs that bullshit as much as i need oxygen. after a 3.5year dogfood taste testing binge and relapsing numerous times this is the longest ive gone completely opiate free since started collecting scripts from for injuries/ complications i was born with since 9 years old on Ultracet.

be careful pals, a simple knee/ankle/whatever surgery with a script for weak painkillers that dont even touch the pain, or painkilers that do except youre given 15 and told to 'make it work" over the course of your 5-7 month recovery. that alone is the reason 99% of users have ever turned to heroin. and there aint even anything close to real heroin on the streets anymore in the states. its all chemistry lab fentalouge bullshit cut with things you should NEVER be snorting/booting like fucking kratom.

rant over. if youre having a problem with opiates but think nobody will get it, theyll judge you, etc.. whatever the case may be and you've got no one to talk to, DM me. ill gladly shoot the shit. whether its pills or h or both, and you dont even wanna quit just want someone to chop it up with that gets it, hit me up. and if you do wanna stop ill glady help point you in the right direction if i can. but by no means AT ALL am i on some novak shit lmao. nobody is paying me to say this or offer to talk to any shalomies going through some shit.

people like that dude, who get paid to preach sobriety (then post an IGstory photo an hour later drinking wine at some wannabe Nobu...) and get a percentage of people they send to one of many "celebrity rehabs" all over florida and California are exponentially worse people than most of the active addicts i know just trying to live one day at a time.

again thanks for the support for real buds. doctors have been giving me pain meds since 99, unfortunately i know much more about the shit than anyone outside the medical field should.                                                       

free max b
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 03:04:21 PM by Pete »
FREE MAX B

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42655 on: June 23, 2021, 03:00:26 PM »
happy for you pete, very sick. hope you keep it going.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #42656 on: June 23, 2021, 04:06:50 PM »
9 months off the gear today lots of ups and downs but no relapses. alot more bad days than good, days that feel impossible to get outta bed bc my body convinced itself it needs that bullshit as much as i need oxygen. after a 3.5year dogfood taste testing binge and relapsing numerous times this is the longest ive gone completely opiate free since started collecting scripts from for injuries/ complications i was born with since 9 years old on Ultracet.

be careful pals, a simple knee/ankle/whatever surgery with a script for weak painkillers that dont even touch the pain, or painkilers that do except youre given 15 and told to 'make it work" over the course of your 5-7 month recovery. that alone is the reason 99% of users have ever turned to heroin. and there aint even anything close to real heroin on the streets anymore in the states. its all chemistry lab fentalouge bullshit cut with things you should be snorting/booting like fucking kratom.

rant over. if youre having a problem with opiates but you think nobody will get it/ you think theyll judge you/whatever the case may be, and you've got no one to talk to, DM me.

free max b

My man. Stoked for you.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1576
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #42657 on: June 23, 2021, 06:21:19 PM »
Expand Quote
9 months off the gear today lots of ups and downs but no relapses. alot more bad days than good, days that feel impossible to get outta bed bc my body convinced itself it needs that bullshit as much as i need oxygen. after a 3.5year dogfood taste testing binge and relapsing numerous times this is the longest ive gone completely opiate free since started collecting scripts from for injuries/ complications i was born with since 9 years old on Ultracet.

be careful pals, a simple knee/ankle/whatever surgery with a script for weak painkillers that dont even touch the pain, or painkilers that do except youre given 15 and told to 'make it work" over the course of your 5-7 month recovery. that alone is the reason 99% of users have ever turned to heroin. and there aint even anything close to real heroin on the streets anymore in the states. its all chemistry lab fentalouge bullshit cut with things you should be snorting/booting like fucking kratom.

rant over. if youre having a problem with opiates but you think nobody will get it/ you think theyll judge you/whatever the case may be, and you've got no one to talk to, DM me.

free max b
[close]

My man. Stoked for you.

Stay wavy lil' daddy
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 735
  • Free Max B
« Reply #42658 on: June 23, 2021, 07:02:31 PM »
Thanks for the support fellas. Really appreciate it

Free max b
FREE MAX B

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42659 on: June 23, 2021, 08:21:41 PM »
Thanks for the support fellas. Really appreciate it

Free max b

You embody the spirit of Shalom, TK bless.

Happy for you dude.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m