Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 2876522 times)

HumBoogie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 57
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43470 on: April 26, 2022, 03:21:01 AM »
So I'm pretty happy about getting my teeth fixed. I finally got my insurance up and running last year and it came with full dental coverage. I chipped my 2 front teeth when I was 8 skating in front of my house with my friend and had to endure that until I was 14 or 15 because being poor. Then had perfect teeth from then up until my early twenties when I got heavy into drugs. Fast forward I'm 30 and just got all my top teeth pulled and most of by bottoms. I have 6 teeth left to be pulled on the 31st of May and then I get dentures. I know it doesn't seem like something one would be stoked about but when you go thru the pain of your teeth rotting away to not ever having to worry about a tooth ache and being able to smile with confidence it's like hitting the lottery.

whale

• Rep: 79
« Reply #43471 on: April 26, 2022, 09:41:09 AM »
^Hell yeah man, stoked for you!
Does your insurance cover trips to Colombia?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcYmvO2ji8e/?igshid=NDA1YzNhOGU=

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 391
« Reply #43472 on: April 26, 2022, 07:46:34 PM »
A J. Cas story popped up on my IG today.

Not sure, if he re-instated me, if I over reacted, or if it IG allows short-term bans. Doesn't matter. It seems I can look forward to a lifetime of bad rapping and bad posts.

Stoked.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

HumBoogie

• Rep: 57
« Reply #43473 on: April 27, 2022, 04:45:00 AM »
^Hell yeah man, stoked for you!
Does your insurance cover trips to Colombia?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcYmvO2ji8e/?igshid=NDA1YzNhOGU=
Nah lol it's state insurance so it has to be in my state. I would gladly get implants if they weren't a years salary.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1251
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43474 on: April 28, 2022, 05:05:47 PM »
Stoked that we went to a what we thought was seniors awards night since my daughter was getting an award and has all A's.

My wife and I saw the amount of names on the program and the crowded auditorium because they made it for seniors and juniors so we asked my daughter if she wanted to leave and get something to eat instead. She said yes and now I'm sipping on an oreo shake.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

Plan9Customs

• Rep: 95
« Reply #43475 on: April 28, 2022, 05:38:21 PM »
Ankles healed enough to skate again and dry weekend = very stoked.

beatifk

• Rep: 117
« Reply #43476 on: April 29, 2022, 07:44:40 AM »
Stoked that we went to a what we thought was seniors awards night since my daughter was getting an award and has all A's.

My wife and I saw the amount of names on the program and the crowded auditorium because they made it for seniors and juniors so we asked my daughter if she wanted to leave and get something to eat instead. She said yes and now I'm sipping on an oreo shake.

That is how you shape the future world leaders. Your whole family got straight A's on award night.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43477 on: April 29, 2022, 07:56:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That is how you shape the future world leaders. Your whole family got straight A's on award night.
It's funny because my wife's coworker that also went texted her complaining 45 minutes after we left and they still hadn't handed out a single award.
I take everything I said back. The board hit me in the nuts for the first time ever today, because i was wearing these shits.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #43478 on: April 29, 2022, 02:10:52 PM »
Got a clip of that line Ive been battling for a month.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Brguy

« Reply #43479 on: May 02, 2022, 05:05:14 PM »
Found a pair of cheap Nikes on the street today, they fit very nicely. I just bought a pair of shoes recently too so I'll be able to use them normally for a while and completely shred the ones I found.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 931
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43480 on: May 03, 2022, 03:19:33 PM »
i was able to pay my bills in time this month.

if i stay good with money i get my insurance back in a few months so i can skate without fear of bankruptcy in august. this must sound lame to all you americans with no health insurance. i'm not used to facing debt when i get injured. i've been dropped by my insurance before but i won't have insurance through the summer. it sucks, i just hope i don't wreck myself so i have to see a doc and that i stay healthy overall.

i made over 100 beats/pieces of music over the last 4 months. a third probably sucks, but i am a bit stoked about myself.

also i started to eat as much as possible at work(i work as a cook currently). this is saving me a lot of money, especially since all the food got way more expensive since the war started.

IusedToSkateMore

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43481 on: May 03, 2022, 03:57:53 PM »
Took my last graduate school class today. What a wonderful wrap around as it was with the woman who guided me intoyhe program.

Put a thick metal trellis fence up today too. Not fine work, but 40ish feet long and 5 feel tall. Ain't gotta worry bout puppy climbing over the 3 foot wood fence any more hahah

And also, today is the first day where there are enough leaves on the alder trees to send flickering shadows onto the mid afternoon ground. Beautiful shit, man. Beautiful
stay high, lay low

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43482 on: May 03, 2022, 06:11:41 PM »
That's really awesome! Pat yourself on the back for me. Quite a challenging journey.

IusedToSkateMore

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43483 on: May 04, 2022, 11:32:47 AM »
That's really awesome! Pat yourself on the back for me. Quite a challenging journey.

Thanks, brotha! 8)

Already got offered a job yesterday. Pretty close to the house and wouldn't be very hard. Might be trying for something else though.
stay high, lay low

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43484 on: May 08, 2022, 09:07:35 AM »
Wake and bake

Made the mother of our kids some perfect and fluffy pancakes and some thick sliced bacon for mother's day breakfast.

Looking forward to calling my mom later.

IusedToSkateMore

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43485 on: May 08, 2022, 12:09:52 PM »
Wake and bake

Made the mother of our kids some perfect and fluffy pancakes and some thick sliced bacon for mother's day breakfast.

Looking forward to calling my mom later.

Waaaake n bacon! Love me a snap and a coffee!
stay high, lay low

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 478
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43486 on: May 08, 2022, 12:19:19 PM »
My step-father, who's basically the best father a person could ask for, had heart surgery last week and he's ok and already back at home with my mom and recovering just fine.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
« Reply #43487 on: May 08, 2022, 05:12:18 PM »
so stoked on this mark normand 9 club. been a huge fan of his and didnt know he skated until around a year ago when he started talking about it. its such a cool meeting of my favorite things. and its honestly bringing out the best of the hosts.

IusedToSkateMore

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43488 on: May 09, 2022, 04:09:36 PM »
check valid json

Officially done with grad school. First Monday, or day period where I've done nothing in other than chilling a long time
stay high, lay low

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 378
« Reply #43489 on: May 09, 2022, 04:32:37 PM »
check valid json

Officially done with grad school. First Monday, or day period where I've done nothing in other than chilling a long time

Congrats! You made it!

IusedToSkateMore

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43490 on: May 09, 2022, 05:38:31 PM »
Expand Quote
check valid json

[close]

Congrats! You made it!

thanks, homie. it's a good feeling, for sure
stay high, lay low

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Rep: 157
« Reply #43491 on: May 10, 2022, 07:50:51 PM »
Finally had some good weather so I skated to and from work today. On my way home got invited out for a bike ride and ended up biking 16 miles around Chicago. Super chill but ill probably be less stoked tomorrow morning since my gooch is destroyed.

Resident Jeff

• Rep: 0
« Reply #43492 on: May 11, 2022, 09:23:40 PM »
check valid json

Solid effort! Congrats.

Ive managed to weasel my way into a full time job at the local butcher, which will hopefully lead to an apprenticeship (that I can speed through due to RPL) so I can get a second trade under my belt.
Pretty stoked on that.
Its also a perfect skate from home.
Reschs Refreshes

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Rep: 42
« Reply #43493 on: May 12, 2022, 04:16:31 AM »

Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

in love w/ fs shuvs

• Rep: 42
« Reply #43494 on: May 12, 2022, 04:20:50 AM »
Found this receipt of when i ordered my first trucks for my first set-up back at 14! This shits going on my wall!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 06:54:38 AM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 620
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43495 on: May 13, 2022, 08:30:18 PM »
I got no comply madness.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
  • S T R A I G H T J A C K E T
« Reply #43496 on: May 14, 2022, 04:38:49 AM »
I haven't seen a thread or post mentioning Weckingball in some time 8) 8) 8).

El Fapinator

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -245
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
« Reply #43497 on: May 15, 2022, 06:28:32 AM »
Been talking with my high school sweetheart recently, suffice it to say she got hemmed up in some bullshit driving drunk and accidentally killed someone.

So since that bandaids 🩹 been ripped off Ive been in love with her for quite sometime even when we split up 96ish? I did like her a lot, but we were always on different paths and journeys. So since shes getting out soon and were going to be sober buddies together,  I plan on being single for quite sometime till Im in love with me first and foremost.

Which also leads me to the other side of the coin her exbf my friend whos hung up on her and she wants nothing to do with him has been a solid dude for me, however I dont know how to say to him hey man your exgf is now going to be mine.. mind you I was her first and I introduced these two people years later. They hit it off and were an item for years but shes said nah I dont want him I want you to me.

On top of all this I was recently blessed with a PS5 by same dude, I have a hard time accepting gifts from anyone and this conundrum has gotten me in a pickle, I told him I was talking with his exgf and hes like I dont care. But I think doesnt realize the gravity of the situation.
Dueces Bitch's

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 931
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43498 on: May 15, 2022, 09:57:14 AM »
i went for a short skate, now im chilling with two duck families and some other critters at the little park near my place. i almost got divebombed by two ducks chasing eachother. it was pretty awesome.

LB

• Rep: 28
« Reply #43499 on: May 15, 2022, 12:56:26 PM »
found another flint scraper yesterday.  think its probably mesolithic but havent heard back from the experts yet

https://imgur.com/a/AyNjmET