Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057235 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43500 on: May 27, 2022, 09:15:42 AM »

I’ve formed a Sunn Omega. The reverb on the Alpha is scratchy and intermittent, but it works and the kinks can be worked out. I am super stoked.

Nice!
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #43501 on: May 29, 2022, 01:52:58 AM »
https://i.imgur.com/NGVviIO.jpg

They repaved one of my favorite hillbombs for the first time in years. Its not super steep and this pic makes it look even wimpier than it actually is but its fun and fast enough to fuck you up. I've had I think 3 good spills on it (one wobble-out on gullwings and a couple landmine pothole strikes) but now it's going to be smooth for a few months so I'm going to take advantage. I might even do it on boardy cakes, I've always wanted to try that.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -323
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43502 on: May 29, 2022, 06:39:49 PM »

I’ve formed a Sunn Omega. The reverb on the Alpha is scratchy and intermittent, but it works and the kinks can be worked out. I am super stoked.

Got my tower of doom and I’m hyped for it.
Dueces Bitch's

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43503 on: May 29, 2022, 08:53:59 PM »

They repaved one of my favorite hillbombs for the first time in years. Its not super steep and this pic makes it look even wimpier than it actually is but its fun and fast enough to fuck you up. I've had I think 3 good spills on it (one wobble-out on gullwings and a couple landmine pothole strikes) but now it's going to be smooth for a few months so I'm going to take advantage. I might even do it on boardy cakes, I've always wanted to try that.

Ain't it the worst when ya try to take a picture of a hill and it looks wimpy? In was tryna show someone the grade of a road on, literally 500ft elevation gain in less than half mile and it looked lame as fuck. You gotta film it, faster you go, better the hill  8)
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #43504 on: May 30, 2022, 02:58:40 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Ain't it the worst when ya try to take a picture of a hill and it looks wimpy? In was tryna show someone the grade of a road on, literally 500ft elevation gain in less than half mile and it looked lame as fuck. You gotta film it, faster you go, better the hill  8)

Yeah cheap phone cameras don't handle perspective well, I've noticed there's a lot of weird software processing to simulate depth of field effects that I can't seem to disable on this one. But this hill is one that isn't super steep but it's a long constant grade so you just keep putting speed on. There's also a steep parking lot I sometimes roll into this from but it's a blind turn and sketchy traffic wise so I only do it when it's dark enough for me to see headlights coming up the street. This is where I go to benchmark wheels and bearings, with good bearings and 56mm conicals I've hit 25+ on the little GPS speedometer app I use, I'd imagine I'll be able to get over that now but it might not be as fun without dodging the missing chunks of pavement.

fulltechnicalskizzy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1936
« Reply #43505 on: May 30, 2022, 09:51:39 AM »
stealing valor for a wawa sizzli  8)

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #43506 on: June 01, 2022, 11:41:12 PM »
I just ate the biggest shit on my board. I ride a cruiser to work most days, and today, I was just pushing  it on this nice street outside of my apartement building. I was going fast, Mike V style, feeling all good and all of a sudden, when I was putting my pushing leg back on a board, I kicked the board with my heel by accident.

Next thing I know, Im on the ground sliding, and now my left elbow, left knee and right palm of my hand are all bloody, proper roadrashes.

But man, this felt good. I havent skated in the last 2 weeks, Ive been dealing with some personal stuff, and feeling down in general, life just came back at me for some past mistakes.

Bloody knees and elbows, Eating shit in front of adults just on their way to work, I feel like a little kid again, even though Im 33 in a couple months.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #43507 on: June 02, 2022, 04:46:31 AM »
I just ate the biggest shit on my board. I ride a cruiser to work most days, and today, I was just pushing  it on this nice street outside of my apartement building. I was going fast, Mike V style, feeling all good and all of a sudden, when I was putting my pushing leg back on a board, I kicked the board with my heel by accident.

Next thing I know, Im on the ground sliding, and now my left elbow, left knee and right palm of my hand are all bloody, proper roadrashes.

But man, this felt good. I havent skated in the last 2 weeks, Ive been dealing with some personal stuff, and feeling down in general, life just came back at me for some past mistakes.

Bloody knees and elbows, Eating shit in front of adults just on their way to work, I feel like a little kid again, even though Im 33 in a couple months.

Bro I feel you!! A good fall can make me feel more alive than ever as long as it's not a serious injury lol

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 358
« Reply #43508 on: June 02, 2022, 04:20:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Hmmmm. Needs speaker area. Lots. I’m sure you’re dooming the shit outta your shins.

Nah, that’s sick. So much more interesting than another fender or booteek 2W cork sniffer. Maybe hit the jacks on the back with contact cleaner and plug/unplug them a bunch. Some of them are probably switching jacks and can cause crackling due to bad contact from being dirty.
[close]

Yeah, it is a shin shaker lol. I have a 20 something year old Crate 4x12 that I can/will run concurrently, but don’t wanna bug the neighbors too much. I’m currently on the hunt for an old Sunn or Peavey 2x15 cabinet that isn’t marked up like crazy.
[close]

Oh man, I have the most beat Sunn 215 - peeling tolex, chipped up edges, missing or rusty corners.  JBL K140's that sound unbelievable.  It's structurally unfit to haul around anymore, but I can't quite part it out.  So many good hours spent in front of that thing. I gotta play some gigs with a real rig again.

Stoked on enough watts and speaker area to flap the hem of your pearl snap shirt.

Lucky. I bet it does sound amazing. & Get on out there! What rig were you running and what are you playing on now?

@Uncle Flea  Thanks!

@El Fapinator  Fuuck. A 2x10 and 1x15 setup is something serious. Peavey mixer is gnarly.

straight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43509 on: June 02, 2022, 07:57:41 PM »
nu metal rules
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43510 on: June 04, 2022, 05:29:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Hmmmm. Needs speaker area. Lots. I’m sure you’re dooming the shit outta your shins.

Nah, that’s sick. So much more interesting than another fender or booteek 2W cork sniffer. Maybe hit the jacks on the back with contact cleaner and plug/unplug them a bunch. Some of them are probably switching jacks and can cause crackling due to bad contact from being dirty.
[close]

Yeah, it is a shin shaker lol. I have a 20 something year old Crate 4x12 that I can/will run concurrently, but don’t wanna bug the neighbors too much. I’m currently on the hunt for an old Sunn or Peavey 2x15 cabinet that isn’t marked up like crazy.
[close]

Oh man, I have the most beat Sunn 215 - peeling tolex, chipped up edges, missing or rusty corners.  JBL K140's that sound unbelievable.  It's structurally unfit to haul around anymore, but I can't quite part it out.  So many good hours spent in front of that thing. I gotta play some gigs with a real rig again.

Stoked on enough watts and speaker area to flap the hem of your pearl snap shirt.
[close]

Lucky. I bet it does sound amazing. & Get on out there! What rig were you running and what are you playing on now?

@Uncle Flea  Thanks!

@El Fapinator  Fuuck. A 2x10 and 1x15 setup is something serious. Peavey mixer is gnarly.
Thanks man I’m doing my best to d.i.y. a life pedal with an octave pedal boost and a fuzzface.  I’d love to have a sunn model t however budget says otherwise.

When I’m playing music I only turn it up about a quarter before it does any real damage to my ears.
Dueces Bitch's

beandemon

• Rep: 180
« Reply #43511 on: June 04, 2022, 06:48:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

@Uncle Flea  Thanks!

Rig in with the Sunn was usually a Trace Elliot GP7SM pre into a QSC power amp. Current big rig is a Carbon BX1200 into a fEarless 15/6/1 (boutique DIY 3 way cab). 90% of the gigs I’ve played for the last 5 years have been a lil’ GK mb112 combo. Did get to play through a Mesa Subway stack that was back lined a few weeks ago. String band, so it was way below pearl-snap-flapping’ volume, though.

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43512 on: June 04, 2022, 10:33:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

@Uncle Flea  Thanks!

[close]

Rig in with the Sunn was usually a Trace Elliot GP7SM pre into a QSC power amp. Current big rig is a Carbon BX1200 into a fEarless 15/6/1 (boutique DIY 3 way cab). 90% of the gigs I’ve played for the last 5 years have been a lil’ GK mb112 combo. Did get to play through a Mesa Subway stack that was back lined a few weeks ago. String band, so it was way below pearl-snap-flapping’ volume, though.
I like pedals and the various unlimited possibilities one can make with whatever is laying around. I wish I could play show’s but finding reliable player’s without crippling addictions is a shot in the dark but that’s my pessimism talking.
Dueces Bitch's

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43513 on: June 06, 2022, 06:55:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
there's a possibility that in the next coming weeks i will be able to accept a job offer doing commercial real estate analyst work and i will be able to move in with my girlfriend on the west coast of florida. im so excited and this company really put me through the ringer with this application. i have a really good feeling about getting the job, though.
[close]

Prepping, attending and waiting for results after interviews are the worst, glad you came out the other on the up!

[close]

I didnt get the job
[close]

I'm sorry for celebrating prematurely, I shouldn't have said anything till the deal was done and dusted.

@grimcity welcome home!
[close]
hey just letting you know i finally got a job there and im moving tomorrow so im back to being stoked. its a good job too

Just say this post, congrats @donkey !
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43514 on: June 09, 2022, 03:32:52 PM »
As most of you’ll know about my tumultuous relationship’s exwife, mum, wayward girl’s family and friends.

Well within the last year or so with my many aliases and iterations upon this here Slap forum I’ve recently been working on my life and goals with which I didn’t think I think I’d deserve better, however I’ve exceeded my expectations and then some.

Got a car super cheap, got my license, insurance doing shit big time that I didn’t know I could achieve and for that I’m thankful for and humbly grateful for my friendship with my recent gal pal.
Dueces Bitch's

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #43515 on: June 09, 2022, 10:58:27 PM »
Wife gave birth to our first baby on 5/22. so far, it's been rad, although tiring. It's way harder on the mom (obviously) due to the feeding, but trying to do what I can to support. Grateful that everyone is healthy and the baby is progressing well

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

cky enthusiast

« Reply #43516 on: June 10, 2022, 09:40:14 AM »
got heath insurance for the first time in ~4 years

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 248
« Reply #43517 on: June 10, 2022, 10:25:00 AM »
congrats on the baby @Paul_Glider Skateboards

Paul_Glider Skateboards

« Reply #43518 on: June 10, 2022, 02:25:46 PM »

-

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
« Reply #43519 on: June 10, 2022, 06:28:50 PM »
got heath insurance for the first time in ~4 years

they don't have medicaid in PA? damn son. glad you got the insurance plan now.
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1045
« Reply #43520 on: June 10, 2022, 07:20:57 PM »
I had my wedding ceremony on Sunday after 3 cancellations over 2 years due to COVID. My wife isn’t from the continental US, so planning travel to her, with my family of 15, along with doing anything with a group of ~50 people, was impossible. Very stoked to have crossed that line

Paul_Glider Skateboards

« Reply #43521 on: June 10, 2022, 10:14:07 PM »
I had my wedding ceremony on Sunday after 3 cancellations over 2 years due to COVID. My wife isn’t from the continental US, so planning travel to her, with my family of 15, along with doing anything with a group of ~50 people, was impossible. Very stoked to have crossed that line

Congrats!!

-

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43522 on: June 11, 2022, 04:28:44 AM »
I sent this to my band this morning. I feel like it’s important to let people know how you feel especially in the morning.

I just remembered when I wrote the original black out riff.  It was like 30 years ago.

It was right after plc in 94.

Evan Dean and I joined a operatic doom metal band and I couldn’t do it. I was laughing at the singer everytime he tried to sing.

Anyway The lead guitar player in that band showed me how to tune my guitar and he showed me the chords with the ringing strings.

I took those chords with me. I rearranged them 1000s of times till I arrived at what we do today. 

I’m more than stoked on what we do.

I just wanna thank you guys for being such good pals and thank you for banding with me.

https://youtu.be/4FEWez1NbEM

I love you guys and I’m so happy to be doing this with all of you.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43523 on: June 11, 2022, 10:36:59 AM »
Me and my fiancé will be going to Portland in October. So if any pals wanna show me around some spots that will greatly appreciated.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #43524 on: June 12, 2022, 11:35:34 AM »
Finished a big ass project last year... reviews from my peers are starting to come in.

The first review def hits hard and points out the faults in my work, but ends with a strong endorsement.

Kind of needed this as I'm halfway through another big project and I feel like I am sucking balls and will never finish.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #43525 on: June 12, 2022, 01:06:29 PM »
Got my cleanest back 50-50 and my cleanest front 5-0 yesterday and the best thing is that I did both tricks in a line. I wouldn't be able to reproduce that in 100 years if I had to. Both were done on a minuscule curb sized ledge/stair but for me it was a great achievement. 8)
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

baulsacc_mcvinegar

• Rep: 2
« Reply #43526 on: June 12, 2022, 01:10:34 PM »
Might work for my local shop soon doing marketing and social media stuff and coming in on weekends to work and I'm so fuckin excited to actually be helping the skate scene near me cuz it's been slowly regrowing since like 2018. We're gonna have the first park jam in like a decade this month

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
« Reply #43527 on: June 14, 2022, 10:57:06 PM »
2am, not drunk, and it's warm enough to sit on my balcony in my boxers. Summer is finally here.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #43528 on: June 15, 2022, 12:22:47 AM »
I got a nice kickflip of a curb yesterday. Usually my kickflips rocket but this one was different, snappy flick, board sucked right up to my feet, floating, landing bolts, roll away into the sunset. Bliss.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 110
« Reply #43529 on: June 15, 2022, 01:49:39 AM »
me reading this thread. hell fuckin yeah dudes