Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3059777 times)

matt_2993

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43590 on: July 13, 2022, 12:25:10 PM »
After avoiding a hospital bill for a few weeks I finally realized I have an HSA to easily cover it. Knew there was something good about this procrastination.

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43591 on: July 13, 2022, 07:14:24 PM »
Got to build gundam kids with a bunch of kids at my work today.

Blueabyssofthisss

« Reply #43592 on: July 13, 2022, 08:36:59 PM »
Got a new job
Finally getting better at skating handrails after skating for 10+ years

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #43593 on: July 14, 2022, 01:29:26 AM »
Got happy today just thinking that I have the freedom to drink chocolate milk whenever I want. Then I felt grateful to be happy enough to appreciate small stuff like that.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43594 on: July 14, 2022, 05:54:14 AM »
Got happy today just thinking that I have the freedom to drink chocolate milk whenever I want. Then I felt grateful to be happy enough to appreciate small stuff like that.

I certainly used to have a strong sense of daily appreciation for little random stuff like that but in the last 5 years it feels like its disappeared. I gotta find a way to get that shit back

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1925
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43595 on: July 14, 2022, 11:35:57 AM »
Home from a business trip to Spain and I'm looking forward to enjoying local food again. Hotel food is great for the first 2 days, by day 3 it all taste the same despite the spread of the buffet.

Saturday skate session on the horizon too.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 155
« Reply #43596 on: July 14, 2022, 01:11:43 PM »
You were in Spain and you only ate at the hotel?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 236
« Reply #43597 on: July 15, 2022, 06:15:39 AM »
This week I started my jump rope routine again after I hurt my back. Just finished up this morning and holy fuck that was rough but I also feel super rejuvenated and am riding that exercise high. Makes such a big difference in the rest of my day

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43598 on: July 15, 2022, 06:15:45 AM »
I am so fucking stoked for the new Lord of the Rings series. New teaser looks fantastic and I choose to be optimistic on this shit

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43599 on: July 15, 2022, 11:56:14 PM »
You were in Spain and you only ate at the hotel?

Work conference, we were stuck in the hotel for most of the day and in the evening everyone just wanted to get wasted at the hotel bar instead of travelling out. We were in an airport hotel so getting into the city was a good 45 minutes.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43600 on: July 16, 2022, 09:43:22 AM »
Today marks 6 months sober from alcohol.  ;D

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #43601 on: July 16, 2022, 11:52:50 AM »
Set a date for my wedding and booked the venue for the event.

TastyBurrito

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 538
« Reply #43602 on: July 16, 2022, 01:22:32 PM »

Congrats! And a lifetime of happiness to you and your spouse!

For me, I’m stoked on yardwork. Was blessed to buy a house in the LA area and I’m enjoying every minute as well as blood, sweat, and tear I’m putting into this place turning it into a home.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43603 on: July 16, 2022, 01:46:05 PM »

Congratulations !

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 423
« Reply #43604 on: July 17, 2022, 12:46:42 AM »
Today marks 6 months sober from alcohol.  ;D

Hell yeah, congratulations to both of you!

Lenny the Fatface

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
« Reply #43605 on: July 17, 2022, 10:13:04 AM »
Bought a quarter pipe from a dude on Craigslist. Won’t be able to skate it til Monday, but I’ve been watching Cheese and Crackers on repeat all weekend to get hyped.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 706
« Reply #43606 on: July 17, 2022, 01:27:29 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I certainly used to have a strong sense of daily appreciation for little random stuff like that but in the last 5 years it feels like its disappeared. I gotta find a way to get that shit back

Mine was gone for a long time too, only started coming back recently. I feel what really helped was, I got some of my besties together and we went on a trip to jamaica and- wait, that's the plot to How Stella got her Groove Back :) Seriously though, I've been pushing myself more physically and intellectually, doing things that scare me, and it has helped me appreciate the small comforts. Angela Basset is awesome btw

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43607 on: July 17, 2022, 06:58:06 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Facebook is ass and I haven't used it for a long time, but it was worth a scroll back on my wall to find photos of friends from 10 years back and drop them a text.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #43608 on: July 18, 2022, 06:31:15 AM »
Held a stationary manual in the elevator all the way from the sub-basement of the parking garage to the 5th floor.

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43609 on: July 18, 2022, 08:44:24 AM »
Skated for the first time in a few weeks, post-Covid yesterday and had a great time. My stamina still isn't with me, but I'm stoked my muscle memory didn't take a huge hit.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43610 on: July 19, 2022, 01:00:39 PM »
There's a Heat 2 novel by Michael Mann coming out and it sounds really interesting. I've never read any of Mann's writing but so far I've heard good things.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/60162230-heat-2

lilboosie

• Rep: 226
« Reply #43611 on: July 21, 2022, 09:43:36 AM »
ive been having drinking problems for years now. ive dont aa only to fall back

i have been running my own business for about 3 years coming up and it burnt me out. the thing that got too much was being alone constantly. drinking socially hasnt been an issue. its when im at my desk alone that i can drink 2 six packs and not even realize it.

on top of that i have demons i didnt own up too which led to my pushing my partner away. multiple times.

ive finally had enough and have an interview today for a job i really want. if i dont get it so be it but im just glad to take the steps to better my life.

i got ran over by a car a couple weeks ago and i think that kickstarted this change. i hope it sticks and continues

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43612 on: July 21, 2022, 09:53:47 AM »

i have been running my own business for about 3 years coming up and it burnt me out. the thing that got too much was being alone constantly. drinking socially hasnt been an issue. its when im at my desk alone that i can drink 2 six packs and not even realize it.

on top of that i have demons i didnt own up too which led to my pushing my partner away. multiple times.

ive finally had enough and have an interview today for a job i really want. if i dont get it so be it but im just glad to take the steps to better my life.

i got ran over by a car a couple weeks ago and i think that kickstarted this change. i hope it sticks and continues
All the love and power to you, dude. Alcohol is a fickle bitch and quitting isn't easy by any means but it is possible.
Hope you have a good support system and people who will listen and understand as opposed to getting angry about it.
Send me a PM if you need someone to talk to.

lilboosie

« Reply #43613 on: July 21, 2022, 09:59:53 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
All the love and power to you, dude. Alcohol is a fickle bitch and quitting isn't easy by any means but it is possible.
Hope you have a good support system and people who will listen and understand as opposed to getting angry about it.
Send me a PM if you need someone to talk to.

thanks! yea moving on after messing up so much is hard. in a sense it feels like whats the point after i screwed so much up. but i know i can still have a happy life if i dont give up.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43614 on: July 21, 2022, 10:57:04 AM »

@lilboosie best of luck on your interview. Hope you're healing up ok from the car collision. Struggling with alcohol, at least in my experience, can be such an uphill battle - so I hope I'm not crossing too many boundaries by suggesting you try setting up a support system if you can. Also, please feel free to DM me <3

lilboosie

« Reply #43615 on: July 21, 2022, 11:05:02 AM »
@funeral_tuxedo

thank you! yea the tire went over my shoulder and it just worked out. it was close to hitting my head. the road rash was bad and big but im cleared from infection so im over the whole situation now.

yea idk why its so hard for me to have the support. i guess im picky and needy which im admitting. my good friend is there but busy and my only other good friend drinks more than i do. ill keep trying though and i need to give people space and a chance. im not good at that

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #43616 on: July 21, 2022, 11:42:30 AM »
NOPE dropping in theaters tonight.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
« Reply #43617 on: July 21, 2022, 12:14:57 PM »
NOPE dropping in theaters tonight.

I'm kind of bummed on the reviews. I know reviews can be bullshit, but it seems like lots of people who liked Get Out the best and then Us 2nd say this is the 3rd best out of the 3, but still good. I know I'll enjoy it regardless. I've actually started going to the movies by myself around once every month or 2 if there's a movie that looks good and this is the one I'm going to see in the next week or 2. It's a great way for my introvert self to decompress.

Irvine-Sucks.com

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
« Reply #43618 on: July 22, 2022, 01:54:17 AM »
Dumpster season is officially here. The end of July is when all the leases on the apartments that the foreign CMU students rent end. A lot of them are very quick to adapt to American culture so when they graduate they just throw everything in the dumpster and get on a plane back to wherever they came from. First score of the season - a non functional but parts rich gaming PC.

https://imgur.com/a/FxVGgwE

- They were at least smart enough to pull the video card and storage, but left the CPU and RAM.

-The mobo seems to be fried, can't get any bleeps or bloops out of it even with a different PSU. Tried clearing the CMOS but didn't pull and reseat the ram and chip yet, though im guessing that's futile. I'm an Intel guy so I can't test the CPU at the moment but it's a ryzen 7 2700. Not a bad chip at all but not really an upgrade over my skylake 6600k for the kind of stuff I do.

- Ram is 32gb (4 x 8gb) ddr4 3200. I have 32 in my box now, but as 2 16s so I'm going to test these out and maybe use them.

- Not sure what model the AIO is but it's got 3 big fucking fans on the radiator. I'm not sure if the mounts will work with my Intel mobo, but I used to have an AIO on it so hopefully I can rig something up between the 2 kits.

- 1000w corsair PSU. Waaayyyyy more power than I need so I might sell it if it works. It was kinda wet out so I'm letting it dry out before testing.

- NZXT case. This is the real reason I grabbed this. I have a fairly powerful pc but the case and cooling solutions are laughably ghetto. Like take the side off and point a desktop fan at it because your AIO is 5 years old and out of liquid ghetto. Not sure what model this power rangers looking thing is but it's heavy as shit. It's got a fuck ton of rgb and cable routing doodads on the backplate, I might just rip that out as flashing lights are annoying as fuck. 120mm case fan in the front panel and 3 on the top. I might not even use the AIO if this is quiet enough as I get really good temps with air cooling even under load. Gelid thermal paste is crazy good.

Worst case scenario here I got a massive case and cooling upgrade and some backup ram.

If any nerd pals want the mobo to test and maybe fix hit me up. It could be something simple, I don't fuck with them beyond clearing CMOS. Might give up the CPU too as I don't have any way to test it unless I find another one with a functional motherboard.

Edit - fixed it with a paperclip.

Now I've got power to the board but I'm getting an abnormal CPU q code. New working theory is this is an overclock gone bad (not surprised with that beast of a PSU) and they may have killed the CPU or fried the board. Really wish I had an AMD board to test this. Ram seems to be good to go too. Don't want to risk frying my board if it's a wonky PSU so I'm not going to swap my board and video cards until I figure out what went wrong with this.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 05:09:14 AM by Buttfart Rapedick »

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43619 on: July 22, 2022, 10:32:09 AM »
wow, nice score for sure.