Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3061369 times)

Uh Oh

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43740 on: September 27, 2022, 04:47:48 PM »
202 days sober, going to be coming up on 7 months soon if I'm lucky. I deactivated my SLAP account and took a break from really all social media (not that I was super active for a few years anyway) around month 2, but after hitting 6 months recently it's like my brain has flipped a switch. Things feel "okay" for the first time in years. Life isn't perfect of course but it's nice to have some sense of normalcy instead of a constant state of anxiety, depression, etc. Bad days and things still happen, but I feel better equipped to deal with them. Things seem fun again, skating doesn't hurt as much and is way more enjoyable. 

So I guess on the whole what I'm stoked on is just feeling like myself again, and I wanted to share a little positivity in the message that change is possible. And for those going through it, keep going.

this was awesome to read and is capped with a terrific message. i’m stoked for you.

@Sightunseen

you lucky lil bandit, i’ve been getting posterized by every thrift in the area. suburban resellers are a plague

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43741 on: September 27, 2022, 05:23:04 PM »
Applied for three jobs last two days.

See what happens. I wanna try and like do something and get paid.

I've lived off sub 800 a month for like well over a decade.

It was a nice run
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #43742 on: September 28, 2022, 01:58:57 AM »
So did any of you Sumo pals watch the aki basho? I sat down and binged the last 5 days of NHK coverage last night and man what a wild result. I definitely did not see sumo's Cal Ripken winning an emperors cup at almost 38 years old. I was kinda sad though because when I left off a week ago my boy Hokutofuji was in the lead and just blasting fools over the rope and out of the dohyo but the wheels came off when he got to the higher ranked guys. Takakeisho pulling a henka on him was kind of bullshit and seemed to derail his momentum, literally and figuratively.

Tamawashi was super impressive though. He's always been well rounded but this time he summoned all his badass dad strength and was beating top rikishi with their own moves. I know it was partially down to the Yokozuna withdrawing and 2/3 of the ozeki totally shitting the bed but I can't imagine anyone but his most diehard Tama fans expected a win from the rank and file ironman.

Sad to see Terunofuji looking so beat up this time around after he looked good last basho. His knees are pretty much gone and I think he needs some sort of operation, so we might not see him for a while and there's really no other good candidates for Yokozuna right now. I guess Asanoyama could break back into the top tier pretty quick but the suspension really fucked him and it's gonna be a minute before he can satisfy all the promotion requirements.

hmmmokay

« Reply #43743 on: September 28, 2022, 01:41:34 PM »
Expand Quote
202 days sober, going to be coming up on 7 months soon if I'm lucky. I deactivated my SLAP account and took a break from really all social media (not that I was super active for a few years anyway) around month 2, but after hitting 6 months recently it's like my brain has flipped a switch. Things feel "okay" for the first time in years. Life isn't perfect of course but it's nice to have some sense of normalcy instead of a constant state of anxiety, depression, etc. Bad days and things still happen, but I feel better equipped to deal with them. Things seem fun again, skating doesn't hurt as much and is way more enjoyable. 

So I guess on the whole what I'm stoked on is just feeling like myself again, and I wanted to share a little positivity in the message that change is possible. And for those going through it, keep going.
[close]

this was awesome to read and is capped with a terrific message. i’m stoked for you.

@Sightunseen

you lucky lil bandit, i’ve been getting posterized by every thrift in the area. suburban resellers are a plague

Thanks pal, appreciate ya  :D

sacking rails

• Rep: -222
  • sacking rails
« Reply #43744 on: September 29, 2022, 01:44:26 PM »
life ;D ;D ;D

dstrytruitt

• Rep: 104
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43745 on: September 30, 2022, 08:21:39 AM »
Pretty stoked on my sobriety right now. Not waking up hungover and not modeling nightly drinking for my kids is a bit mental boost for me. It's helping with my anxiety and depression, as well as my marriage since I'm not struggling to remember what I might have done/said the night before. Skating 3-4 days a week now since I'm not feeling exhausted every day trying to recover from the night before.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 542
« Reply #43746 on: October 01, 2022, 12:01:15 PM »
My wife and I had our baby today.

Tired as fuck. But excited for all of it.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #43747 on: October 01, 2022, 12:15:36 PM »
My wife and I had our baby today.

Tired as fuck. But excited for all of it.

Congratulations!
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43748 on: October 01, 2022, 08:32:27 PM »
Had a really good bday yesterday. A bunch of students gave me gifts and some classes even sang me Happy Birthday. Had a good quick skate sesh at a local park then had a great family dinner with my mom and all my siblings. Looking back I'm blessed that all those people showed me so much love.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #43749 on: October 02, 2022, 04:01:34 AM »
PAMFERZZZ!!

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #43750 on: October 02, 2022, 06:24:19 AM »
healthy poops

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #43751 on: October 03, 2022, 12:44:27 PM »
Saw Wu Tang Clan, Nas and Busta Rhymes in Oakland this past weekend. Still in awe

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #43752 on: October 03, 2022, 01:28:22 PM »
-getting off work early
-spicy tuna rolls
-new shoes
-the weekend
-getting ready to visit my family in about 2 weeks
-nice weather so I can skate all weekend

nice, did you end up getting that sushi gig?
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #43753 on: October 03, 2022, 01:35:45 PM »
I'm dumb as hell that post is old enough to be getting DMs from (insert sex-pest of the week here)
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #43754 on: October 04, 2022, 10:13:07 PM »
welĺ ventilated offices

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #43755 on: October 06, 2022, 11:59:31 AM »
Smash 64 via https://emulatorgames.online/games/n64/super-smash-bros

just grabbed a USB gamepad from Target and we're good to go. I been watching more of the competitions on YouTube with this game and it's insane, makes me want to up my game a lil bit haha

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #43756 on: October 06, 2022, 01:14:07 PM »
wendys burger

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #43757 on: October 06, 2022, 03:34:23 PM »
The woman said she had a skateboard kicking around somewhere in the backroom that our son could use. I expected some toy or thrashed piece of shit or even a longboard... But turns out it's an 8-inch Chocolate Jerry Hsu with 5.25 Kennedy Royals (meh?) and for some odd reason 55 mm I think element wheels with Girl FAF bearings. Thought they were  Bronson at first cause of the shield colour, but yeah it's a legit complete so that was a pleasant surprise.

nonickname

• Rep: 85
« Reply #43758 on: October 06, 2022, 04:50:30 PM »
Our company did a volunteer tree planting event with the local Conservation Authority - we worked so well they ended up bringing more stock - got home and crashed hard on the couch. But it's from a day of mentally rewarding hard work outside so the creakiness is worth it. 
"Cheating is just another way of being prepared" - Coach McGuirk

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43759 on: October 06, 2022, 07:48:14 PM »
Taking a trip to skate the new Birmingham, Alabama park this Sunday with my partner.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43760 on: October 07, 2022, 03:24:31 PM »
Look at this line up my sister is in The Lousy. I could not be prouder. I could cry.

gaze emojis
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #43761 on: October 08, 2022, 05:02:42 AM »
100mm cigarettes none of that king size bs

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #43762 on: October 08, 2022, 11:54:28 AM »
  Such a great time skating today.  edit also stoked on growing mad amounts of curly parsley also basil and thyme.  So good.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 12:59:15 PM by m path »
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #43763 on: October 09, 2022, 11:42:34 AM »
Two negative Covid tests this morning 8)

Blind Fisherman

« Reply #43764 on: October 10, 2022, 08:00:58 AM »
Went to the new park in Birmingham, Alabama yesterday. Fun park, felt a little overwhelmed because I'm not used to having the option to skate SO many things in one space, but worth the drive. Only complaint is that everything felt like it was built with a waaaaaay blown up scale.

sacking rails

• sacking rails
« Reply #43765 on: October 10, 2022, 12:36:40 PM »
double stuff nutter butter

Sizzle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -440
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #43766 on: October 10, 2022, 01:10:05 PM »
Look at this line up my sister is in The Lousy. I could not be prouder. I could cry.

Fucking sick, congrats

Such a great time skating today.  edit also stoked on growing mad amounts of curly parsley also basil and thyme.  So good.

Fuck yeah, been trying to keep some basil and parsley plants alive in my apartment cuz I spend so much buying those stupid individual packages from Trader Joe’s, you doing it outside?

Stoked cuz my relatives came down to the states for Canadian thanksgiving. Saw my sisters newborn for the first time and my grandma and aunt for first time since covid, which is tight cuz my grandma is like 80 and idk how much longer she’s got.

They brought down a fucking CRATE of Canadian snacks. Huge boxes of Caramilk, Coffee Crisp, Mr Big etc. 12pk of the pink cream soda crush (the fucking best), all dressed chips, ketchup chips, fuzzy peach I’m talking like EVERYTHING we don’t have. It was fucking sick

Also stoked on picking up my first father/son Halloween costume and taking the boy trick or treating. His mom got him a Buzz Lightyear costume and im being Woody :’)

Kenny Powers

• Rep: 30
  • You're fuckin' out
« Reply #43767 on: October 11, 2022, 09:03:30 AM »
"I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than fuck. So that is why I am better than everyone in the world. Kiss my ass and suck my dick. Everyone.” – Kenny Powers

m path

• Rep: -51
« Reply #43768 on: October 11, 2022, 11:40:21 PM »
 Crashing on a ledge badly and not hurting anything today when I was trying  a bs 50-50.  My ledge game is not too there. Learned fakie 50 50 switch 180 of yesterday and was pretty amped.  Props to ledge skaters.   
"You used to speak the truth but now you're clever"

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #43769 on: October 14, 2022, 06:05:00 AM »
666th post