Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 2896708 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43740 on: September 20, 2022, 08:51:37 PM »
Finally finished my book that I've been slacking off reading for the past several months. Also I got 2nd place in this drawing to get 50% off wedding photography package.

matt_2993

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #43741 on: September 23, 2022, 07:50:51 AM »
Put in a new shower head and its just incredible, I didn't even know water could feel like that.  Its like a highly pressured velvety waterfall of softness but still packs a punch

sacking rails

• Rep: -1
  • sacking rails
« Reply #43742 on: September 23, 2022, 10:53:46 AM »
getting fuckin hammered 8) 8)

Steely Daniel

• Rep: 41
  • nostalgia trippin' and oversharin'
« Reply #43743 on: September 24, 2022, 03:46:43 AM »
I'm drunk and having a very difficult and dramatic night trying to take care of someone going through loss who is blackout drunk and physically lashing out at me. Already tore my shirt and bent the shit out my favourite glasses sucker punching me but whatever... tiny spiders keeps appearing on me and I'm enjoying the attention. Tickling my knuckle hair and running a muck on my phone now. Just as I tried to take a picture of this little guy some bigger but very thin transparent yellow one was crawling over my forearm and elbow. I don't even like spiders very much but wouldn't dare kill either for superstitious reasons ie. having a nice dry September to skate and have my weed plants finish flowering sans mold.

Blind Fisherman

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 47
  • I知 back
« Reply #43744 on: September 24, 2022, 07:50:47 AM »
Got a mattress topper because my actual mattress is lumpy as fuck and turning it (pillow top) only does so much to help, but goddamn, I have not slept like that in forever. I don't even remember closing my eyes and going to sleep last night. Just woke up at 7AM confused but well rested.
Highly recommend for the Pals with sleeping issues.
Can never stay away for too long.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1250
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43745 on: September 24, 2022, 08:58:41 AM »
Got a mattress topper because my actual mattress is lumpy as fuck and turning it (pillow top) only does so much to help, but goddamn, I have not slept like that in forever. I don't even remember closing my eyes and going to sleep last night. Just woke up at 7AM confused but well rested.

Next lifestyle upgrade would be bamboo sheets especially if you live in hot and humid climates. I was hesitant for the wife to spend $200 on new sheets but these are amazing at keeping you cool in the tropics even without the AC on. Can't vouch for cold weather but based on review it seems to do a good job in the winter.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #43746 on: September 24, 2022, 09:08:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Next lifestyle upgrade would be bamboo sheets especially if you live in hot and humid climates. I was hesitant for the wife to spend $200 on new sheets but these are amazing at keeping you cool in the tropics even without the AC on. Can't vouch for cold weather but based on review it seems to do a good job in the winter.
Anyone got one of those thick (I think they're about two inches maybe) memory foam type ones? I destroy mattresses (and not just with adult fun times) and wonder if it could actually work as far as needing new mattress less often. Maybe even use it without a mattress Japanese style.

Unrelated things I'm stoked on: Panthers. Particularly the ones from Penrith.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1250
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43747 on: Today at 07:44:34 AM »
I used the mattress topper from Ikea for a few years, ended up trapping a lot of heat and got lumpy around the outline of our body.

If you really want to splurge, check out AiR, it's a brand of mattresses / mattress toppers that are used in ANA (All Nippon Airways). Not memory foam but it supports your body so well when you lie on it. The king sized one was around $2.5k

https://www.airsleep.jp/en/about/

sacking rails

• Rep: -1
  • sacking rails
« Reply #43748 on: Today at 04:28:43 PM »
hot cheese pizza
getting money
oldies

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #43749 on: Today at 05:27:23 PM »
Just bought my tickets to Seattle and New York for my vacation next month. I知 pretty jazzed and more than a little apprehensive. I知 not used to new cities and airports, and I知 thinking about money more than I壇 like too, but this should prove to be a blast. Please, if anyone lives in these two cities, hit me up. I知 thinking about posting this in the skateboarding threads because no one has commented in the travel thread. Where my slap heads at?
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?