Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3059347 times)

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43950 on: February 11, 2023, 04:04:55 PM »
Passed my Net+ today (computer networking certification). I was supposed to take it back in december but a bunch of shit happened and didnt get my voucher code for it until 2 weeks ago. It feels really good to have it done. I was pretty much memorizing dumps by the end because I could t study anymore and the stuff I memorized was only about 50% of the exam so it feels kind of validating that I had to do performance based questions blind as well as the general multiple choice and answered based on my knowledge and personal experience at work to pass it.

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43951 on: February 11, 2023, 04:21:00 PM »
Passed my Net+ today (computer networking certification). I was supposed to take it back in december but a bunch of shit happened and didnt get my voucher code for it until 2 weeks ago. It feels really good to have it done. I was pretty much memorizing dumps by the end because I could t study anymore and the stuff I memorized was only about 50% of the exam so it feels kind of validating that I had to do performance based questions blind as well as the general multiple choice and answered based on my knowledge and personal experience at work to pass it.

Nice work.  I've gone through all the CCNA training, but am pretty burnt on getting the actual cert.  The inter-vlan routing sections are good, but memorizing specifications for antiquated ethernet is just mind numbingly boring.  Probably just going to lab a bit more, study some rough areas and then hit the braindumps.

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #43952 on: February 11, 2023, 07:10:33 PM »
Had a visit with my kids yesterday and they're coming again today. Haven't seen them since early January. Never been apart from them for so long. Missed these little boogers so much. Glad to be posting in this thread instead of the opposite one for a change.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #43953 on: February 14, 2023, 07:55:36 PM »
Spent several hours this morning marinating in piss warm Caribbean Sea watching lizards and land crabs

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 973
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43954 on: February 16, 2023, 05:11:57 PM »

upload images

New band stickers

Show tomorrow night pretty sure it's at like 7

upload images

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1571
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #43955 on: February 16, 2023, 07:08:52 PM »

upload images

New band stickers

upload images

The concept and execution of those stickers is fucking sick!
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
« Reply #43956 on: February 16, 2023, 09:08:17 PM »
Expand Quote

upload images

New band stickers

upload images
[close]

The concept and execution of those stickers is fucking sick!

Foreal

broken USB

« Reply #43957 on: February 17, 2023, 03:28:14 AM »
5 weeks into historic preservation job training… 5 weeks away from dead end service jobs and warehouses. will no longer be completely broke skater. can finally work without depending on shitty deprecating customer exchanges for money. Gear crisis has been averted / over. feels alright

ok boomer

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1029
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #43958 on: February 17, 2023, 12:10:29 PM »
bought some $4 books off ebay. can't wait to read them. They're just old biographies but I'm trying to read more and internet less

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #43959 on: February 17, 2023, 11:06:17 PM »
landed some back smiths for the first time today :-)))

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43960 on: February 18, 2023, 07:54:55 AM »
Thanx y'all. I'll definitely be sending pals stickers once we get more
(A)pl(E)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1920
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43961 on: February 18, 2023, 11:28:04 PM »
For someone whose skated for the better part of 20 years I have a bad ollie - all power, all rocket, no bone. It'll work to an extent, then you need control over the nose to tweak it up and over obstacles.

Been reading a book on the psychology of poker (I don't play poker) which has sprinklings of sports psychology in it. Been apply it to my skate sessions since 1 of my goals for the year is to get a solid ollie. Just dedicating part of my warm up to just ollies and reminding myself to lift up my back foot to match the height of my front foot has worked wonders. Same for my switch ollies and nollies. Also spending time working on my manuals to sharped my weight distribution to hold grinds longer.

Hopefully the refinement of my fundamentals pays off with back smiths and back lips, both of which are back foot centric tricks.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43962 on: February 19, 2023, 11:32:30 AM »
A free half gram of molly was a great fucking time last night with the homies.  Didn't even take 5 minutes before the world turned to liquid

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 235
« Reply #43963 on: February 19, 2023, 04:03:15 PM »
This event called Slow Impact that Ryan Lay put together.

I went this weekend and it was so sick. Lots to say but hearing jim thiebaud speak and getting to hang out with a bunch of socially conscious skaters for a few days was so amazing. Nothing but good things to say about Ryan Lay and all the other people involved.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #43964 on: February 19, 2023, 04:12:35 PM »

I went this weekend and it was so sick. Lots to say but hearing jim thiebaud speak and getting to hang out with a bunch of socially conscious skaters for a few days was so amazing. Nothing but good things to say about Ryan Lay and all the other people involved.
Sick, hoping I can make it next year if they do it again annually. That perry park and some of the spots looked fun

Tried to ask about it in UWTB lol
https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=125497.0

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 235
« Reply #43965 on: February 19, 2023, 04:18:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Sick, hoping I can make it next year if they do it again annually. That perry park and some of the spots looked fun

I really hope it happens again because, like i said, it was a really special experience. Perry park is great, some incredible spots around tempe. The highlight for me was just the amount of people who showed up. Lurker lou is a super nice guy

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 325
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43966 on: February 20, 2023, 09:13:07 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I really hope it happens again because, like i said, it was a really special experience. Perry park is great, some incredible spots around tempe. The highlight for me was just the amount of people who showed up. Lurker lou is a super nice guy

I'm hyped to see if that event is going to move around or stay based in AZ. I lived in Tempe for six months and absolutely loved it (even the heat!).

Off topic, but I've been getting into car camping and hosting my friends a lot lately for parties, so I've succumb to the use of propane for economic means for cooking for a crew outside on double burners.
I got ahold of a refillable propane cylinder system, heaters, and all sorts of other goofy propane accessories and I feel more aligned with my inner Hank Hill than ever. This brand called Flame King broke my bank a bit, but its sick to be able to refill 1gal containers over and over again.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Acid Drop

• Rep: -61
  • Everyone sucks but me
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43967 on: February 21, 2023, 02:15:50 PM »
I am stoked about Plain white wheels. Especially these new ones I got Sirpart.com. Perfect street shape and even have those little ridges on the surface face.  :)
What-ah? Ah-how-wha? huh? You're confused, you're alone, it's Saturday night, you have no pants on

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43968 on: February 22, 2023, 08:49:51 AM »
My son is doing great in school so I can BS with him on text while he is in class.

In our current conversation, he turned me onto a new favorite

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_n_cMcJO24-994vySsuUw82EYQ-mQvHWsQ

And discuss our mutual appreciation for OF/Earl Sweatshirt

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43969 on: February 24, 2023, 07:33:46 AM »
Secured tickets to Shane Gillis next weekend

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #43970 on: February 24, 2023, 02:11:38 PM »
Booked the place for my bachelor weekend. So if any pals are in the Palm Desert/Joshua Tree area cinco de Mayo weekend and wanna show me and my friends around hit me up.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #43971 on: February 25, 2023, 12:13:39 PM »
My wife went to visit her parents today and I made this to surprise her (not sure how you would call it in English):

I have never baked a cake before but it turned out absolutely delicious. The wife was stoked but ate only 1/4 and I ate the rest.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #43972 on: February 25, 2023, 02:54:43 PM »
a few of these youtube channels where they try crazy MREs.

this one is trying all current MREs

https://www.youtube.com/@NathansMRE

this one, your boy is on a mission and eats all kinds of fucking ancient ass and expired MREs too

https://www.youtube.com/@LetsGetThisOutOntoATrayNice

here's him trying a fucking beef ration from the motherfucking Boer war...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZoHuMwZwTk&t=1198s

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1571
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #43973 on: February 25, 2023, 06:55:26 PM »

this one, your boy is on a mission and eats all kinds of fucking ancient ass and expired MREs too

Duuuuuuude, I love MREs so much. Steve1989MREinfo is my guy

MREs are so fun because it is like a mini-Christmas present. You never fully know what you are going to get until you open it. He does reviews from MREs around the world and it is cool to see what troops around the world eat. Also, since the MRE review channels eat old MREs, it is like a history lesson.  That said, American MREs are most often exactly what you would expect given the amount of double-speak in America. "Support the troops" = give them the least healthy and most processed food ever which is going to cause physical/health harm if consumed frequently which we won't pay for since we cut benefits for Veterans.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #43974 on: February 26, 2023, 11:46:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Duuuuuuude, I love MREs so much. Steve1989MREinfo is my guy

MREs are so fun because it is like a mini-Christmas present. You never fully know what you are going to get until you open it. He does reviews from MREs around the world and it is cool to see what troops around the world eat. Also, since the MRE review channels eat old MREs, it is like a history lesson.  That said, American MREs are most often exactly what you would expect given the amount of double-speak in America. "Support the troops" = give them the least healthy and most processed food ever which is going to cause physical/health harm if consumed frequently which we won't pay for since we cut benefits for Veterans.

cheers pug, a friend just turned me on to Steve1989's channel, and it is a trip. i've been exploring it the past couple of days.

i love what you said about MREs being kind of christmas presents--it's fun to open them up and see what craze you have in there.

for legit stocking up on food as a civilian, MREs are definitely not practical, in my humble opinion, other than being easily moved--they're expensive as shit and comparatively speaking, don't have the best shelf-lives. i actually bought a case of "Humanitarian Daily Rations" from Sportsman's Guide recently, because they are vegetarian and cheaper. you got to love the "Food Gift from the People of the USA" message on them. reminds you that some of these have actually been dropped out of planes and handed out in places in trouble. here's a link just in case you're interested:

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-mre-hdr-humanitarian-meals-10-pack-new?a=2267738

it's just kind of a hobby to buy MREs and check them out. for legit stores, i have built up a significant stock of air-sealed buckets and cans of freeze-dried meals from brands like Nutrient Survival and Ready Hour--had to go with the ones with the best vegetarian options. i tried them all first and they taste good, solid nutrition for the most part, and they have expiration dates in the mid- to late-2040s...

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43975 on: February 26, 2023, 08:07:41 PM »
Well I've spent well over an hour tonight watching these weird MRE vids and loving every minute of it

I love that he looks like a young Michael Shannon and gets off so hard on this shit food lol.   Dude even has a Bruce Willis vinyl in his background, good man

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #43976 on: February 27, 2023, 06:03:17 AM »
Well I've spent well over an hour tonight watching these weird MRE vids and loving every minute of it

I love that he looks like a young Michael Shannon and gets off so hard on this shit food lol.   Dude even has a Bruce Willis vinyl in his background, good man

it's funny how addictive these videos are, isn't it? his enthusiasm about all of this "shit food" is part of it--i love how after he's opened up whatever package and spread the stuff out, he always cuts real abruptly to the first meal laid out on the lunch tray, and everytime he does the cut, he starts with "nice"

i just watched this crazy one last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiUgyJdZYsg

edit: meant to say, i'm tripping on the tube of benzedrine in these British AF rations. and as pug said above, there is a lot of terrific history tied up into many of the rations and MREs, and this is actually a really interesting way to approach world history...
« Last Edit: February 27, 2023, 06:10:12 AM by Deputy Wendell »

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43977 on: February 27, 2023, 12:21:52 PM »
Haha holy shit the absolute enjoyment he's getting from smoking that 100+ year old cigarette

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -33
« Reply #43978 on: March 03, 2023, 07:12:49 AM »
DE LA SOUL IS ON APPLE MUSIC!!

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43979 on: March 03, 2023, 07:26:26 PM »
Killed the Tv curbs today for like 2 hours. I got a bunch of fakie smiths and fakie nose grinds both ways. Some lines. Skeeted flat for a bit.
Nothing beats a long fakie smith and you go and finagle a sweet shifty feeling pop out to fakie.

I'd like to fakie v heels or fakie hard flip out. One is impossible for me probably. I'd definitely need a 7.75 some 147s with some 53 mm wheels to attempt one on flat. Probably someone to do them with me.

But yeah today was great.
I feel like completely centered in my universe when doing fakie lines onto granite. It's a religion to me almost.

The holy spirit of the original stoke.

I ran into a skate bud. He's a real mutha with the stunt wood. Helped him try and locate some housing.

Look at the glory of my perfectly worn in og 58s. I can't explain my joy with words here. This is definitely the best spit shape. I like them  a ittle more than radials. Still wish they was 101a tho.

https://youtu.be/slvGKU7HF6M

I think by this summer Ill get these wheels down to like 54 or less. Definitely by September.
(A)pl(E)