Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3062519 times)

Lenny the Fatface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 330
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #44280 on: February 02, 2024, 08:45:30 AM »
Got a new job after being unemployed for 2 months. My new gig pays roughly 45k higher than I what was making previously with better benefits. Whats weird is that I’m still very bitter over how my last job ended because it was the most bullshit office politics reason ever. Oh well.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • sup dog
« Reply #44281 on: February 02, 2024, 05:58:10 PM »
Took an electric assist bike with my wife over golden gate to Sausalito. Ate some tacos.

Visited FTC. Nerded out on their old board collection on the wall. (Keenan Chocolate deck? Stevie chocolate deck?? DEL Deck???)
I think I talked to the owner?
Bought two dope FTC shirts.

Skated SF UN Plaza. Saw a beautiful sunset over the civic center building.

Skated in the fucking street like I fucking live here! (I do not in fact live here) Ollied some shit.

K. That’s it. Now I’m aching. G’night.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 06:07:32 PM by JM »
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #44282 on: February 03, 2024, 07:56:06 AM »
Bought a damn house
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #44283 on: February 03, 2024, 07:57:01 AM »
Bought a damn house

Congrats! Life hammer.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #44284 on: February 03, 2024, 09:11:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Bought a damn house
[close]

Congrats! Life hammer.
Hell yeah. No more paying others. Pay yourself! (Except property taxes, which rent was already paying to owner to pay. So taxes still suck.)

Blind Fisherman

• Rep: 54
« Reply #44285 on: February 04, 2024, 06:55:14 AM »
Landed a frontside boardslide back to regular for the first time in almost 3 years yesterday. Last time I tried one on the same rail, i smacked the back of my head on the ground and split it open.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #44286 on: February 04, 2024, 05:17:34 PM »
Landed a frontside boardslide back to regular for the first time in almost 3 years yesterday. Last time I tried one on the same rail, i smacked the back of my head on the ground and split it open.
Front boards to regular, are the unblessed skater’s back tail.

Still so steezy when done well, you get to feel that sliding backwards goodness, but without all the naturally-gifted-at-skating skills needed ;D

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 660
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44287 on: February 06, 2024, 11:12:23 PM »
I've spent the last few days driving from SF through the PNW towards British Columbia. The PNW is always awesome and getting a sunny day yesterday was amazing.

The highlight of today was going to one of those bikini barista coffee shops. I had heard about them before but I always thought it would be terrible coffee and a Hooters like experience. But, last week one of my co-workers told me she goes to one on her way to work because she actually likes the coffee, so I figured, I might as well give it a chance.

Well, I nearly wrecked my car driving up to the place, because it was not like a Hooters at all, it was more like a strip club. There was no bikini. I had a friendly, but nervously awkward conversation with this amazingly attractive pretty much naked barista, overpaid for a cup of tea, and went on my way. It was quite the adventure. Not the smartest way to spend 20 dollars (5 for tea and 15 for tip), but a unique adventure for sure.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

hmmoookay

• Rep: 70
  • content nausea
« Reply #44288 on: February 07, 2024, 03:12:35 PM »
riding bikes again. easier on the knees and as much as I do enjoy running (as much as you can enjoy that kinda thing I suppose) it's so nice to get some good cardio exercise and cover more ground. just more exiting visually, keeps me going.

LUGR

• Rep: 47
« Reply #44289 on: February 07, 2024, 09:23:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Still so steezy when done well, you get to feel that sliding backwards goodness, but without all the naturally-gifted-at-skating skills needed ;D

I never once did a front board in all my years of skating. Plenty of back tails but never a front board.

I should probably be posting this in Things you aren’t stoked on thread:(

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #44290 on: February 08, 2024, 03:05:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I never once did a front board in all my years of skating. Plenty of back tails but never a front board.

Never got a clean looking one, and all the ones i did were to fakie, very sketchy, and about 2-3 feet long tops.

Plenty of backtails and backlips though, front boards never really worked for me for some reason.

I got a nice promotion + raise at work. I'm fucking stoked.

type

• Rep: -51
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #44291 on: February 08, 2024, 03:19:29 PM »
Cute young girl gave me a nice smile at walmart, its the small things like that that make my day
I’m stuck in Fresno rn. behind that circle k across from Wendy’s

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #44292 on: February 08, 2024, 10:07:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Never got a clean looking one, and all the ones i did were to fakie, very sketchy, and about 2-3 feet long tops.

Plenty of backtails and backlips though, front boards never really worked for me for some reason.

Hell yeah! Congrats.

And you two are in the naturally gifted category then, because back tails are hard.

frontsideNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 212
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #44293 on: February 09, 2024, 08:48:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Hell yeah! Congrats.

And you two are in the naturally gifted category then, because back tails are hard.

was about to say.... that's a wild skill set to have bsts but not front board. Power to em tho

-

Echoing job promotions - I just had my interview for my own, inside scoop is I did great and I'm front runner for the opening.

Would be a solid pay increase and easier work!
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #44294 on: February 09, 2024, 11:10:30 PM »
I just found 2 $100 dollar bills. America... FUCK YEAH!
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44295 on: February 10, 2024, 11:04:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Hell yeah! Congrats.

[close]

was about to say.... that's a wild skill set to have bsts but not front board. Power to em tho

-

Echoing job promotions - I just had my interview for my own, inside scoop is I did great and I'm front runner for the opening.

Don’t know what it is. I can’t properly keep my balance, I always feel like I’m about to fall face-first. I’ve done some looooong backside boardslides, but never more than 3 feet for a front board.

When a backtail is locked in, it’s locked in, same with a backlip. I don’t get it either.

Good job on nailing that interview, hope you score that job !

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #44296 on: February 11, 2024, 04:36:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
Hell yeah! Congrats.

[close]

-

[close]

Don’t know what it is. I can’t properly keep my balance, I always feel like I’m about to fall face-first. I’ve done some looooong backside boardslides, but never more than 3 feet for a front board.

When a backtail is locked in, it’s locked in, same with a backlip. I don’t get it either.

Good job on nailing that interview, hope you score that job !
So what’s the tricks for back tails? Huck it, think slidey thoughts, and hope it works out?

I always have to go through mental calculations to get the front board done… it’s a rare first try.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #44297 on: February 12, 2024, 11:45:54 AM »
The newest issue of Vanity Fair showed up in my mailbox the other day. I did not sign up for it & I don’t subscribe to anything currently, so I’m also a little perplexed.

It’s a good read so far. Something a little different.

ToySanta

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #44298 on: February 12, 2024, 11:50:16 AM »

OH MAN!! This is the dream! I pick up any coin I see, save it, and count my findings at the end of each year.

Enjoy the billz!!

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #44299 on: February 12, 2024, 08:29:17 PM »

Well done.  I once found 50 bucks omw to dinner which then randomly got paid for by a local restaurant owner, I still ride that high when I need a pick up

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #44300 on: February 12, 2024, 09:19:35 PM »
Finally got four wisdy teeth pulled after a month of waiting. Not the most fun to celebrate my birthday with bleeding gums but fuck it feels good to not have teeth growing horizontally straight into your other teeth.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #44301 on: February 16, 2024, 09:43:05 AM »
I just stumbled across a song in an album that was used in a very loved video skate video from 1998.

mfweeno

• Rep: 29
« Reply #44302 on: February 16, 2024, 01:59:47 PM »
Got 4 hours of sleep with a head cold. Somehow ran one of my best training calls at work for a big client and landed a personal NBD at the park during my lunch break. Lazy weekend of illness recovery ahead.

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 615
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #44303 on: February 17, 2024, 03:04:51 PM »
I brought some flowers for my girlfriend and her daughter. The little one wanted to give me something. I closed my eyes and she gave me a card. A card of my favorite Pokémon, Slowpoke. Stoked!
IG: @flowterspace

Switch360flip

• Rep: 17
« Reply #44304 on: February 22, 2024, 09:14:26 AM »
I just got a great third job but my schedule is still suprisingly pretty lax. Plenty of time to still skate and walk my dog nearly every day. One of those jobs I only work one day a week (although it’s a 10 hour shift). I was struggling to find a single job a year ago, couldn’t skate because of injuries, bad breakup, and few people I was close to died. 2023 was the worst year of my life by far but my luck has really turned around lately. Moving in to a sick apartment in the next week or two. So stoked.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #44305 on: February 22, 2024, 11:21:10 AM »
My birthday is tomorrow and I decided to take the day off so I can have a few beers tonight.

I’ve been so busy lately, so I’m stoked to do something I haven’t done in a long time: absolutely fucking nothing.

A day of rest is so good for the soul.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #44306 on: February 23, 2024, 12:52:44 PM »
My birthday is tomorrow and I decided to take the day off so I can have a few beers tonight.

I’ve been so busy lately, so I’m stoked to do something I haven’t done in a long time: absolutely fucking nothing.

A day of rest is so good for the soul.
Happy birthday :) may your next trick be your best.

TelethonJohn

• Rep: 57
« Reply #44307 on: February 23, 2024, 02:06:08 PM »
Expand Quote
I posted in the books thread yesterday about the book Gidget, which is about a young girl learning how to surf with these older guys. Its a pretty sweet story and I enjoyed it. Anyway, today I randomly got invited to surf by this dude who is super good, and he came out with his 12-year-old niece. He's been taking her out tandem since she was like 2, and she can surf by herself now, but they went out together anyway. They were super good and having lots of fun, and it was pretty much exactly a scene out of the book I just read.
[close]

check out season 3 of Lost Hills podcast.....some great Gidget content........

Kind of wild that getting vibed at skate spots (which I understand is much less common now than it once was) can be traced back to Miki Dora. I don't know of any direct connections he had with skateboarding, but evidently, he and Craig Stecyk were really close despite a considerable age difference. That podcast is super interesting, by the way.

vicious cycle

• Rep: 165
« Reply #44308 on: February 24, 2024, 10:33:20 AM »
Homie is building a press.
Today we made the mold out of concrete, something none of us has ever done before so it was exciting to figure stuff out. Worked pretty well and I hope the mold will end up good, we'll see when it's dryed up.
Stoked to be part of it, can't wait to press the first board.
You can't buy happiness but you can buy a Skateboard.

Pasta Monster

« Reply #44309 on: February 28, 2024, 06:59:36 AM »
Those VM006 looked so good, I spent time looking at Wallabees. I found some Clarks that are vegan suede, and had to scoop the last pair in my size...hope they fit.