Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3063455 times)

calvinsdream

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #39150 on: March 08, 2018, 04:15:25 PM »
Last year in general was a pretty rough time for me, but I've been trying to make things better this year and so far I've been succeeding.

- I've lost 15 pounds.
- I've been skating more than ever, and I've been landing new/uncommon tricks for me.
- I got a decent job offer, and may be getting an even better one this week.
- I've been jamming with a friend of mine and have been (trying) to get back into the mindset of writing/releasing music under my solo moniker.
- I've been spending more time with friends that were formerly just acquaintances.

A lot of things last year resulted in me going to a bit of a dark place, and I still have bad days from time to time, but I've been trying really hard to stay motivated and active, which for the most part has been successful.

Respect

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #39151 on: March 08, 2018, 08:02:52 PM »
shoutout to cutting out soda from my diet. I feel like that alone has contributed largely.

MC3

• Rep: 129
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #39152 on: March 08, 2018, 08:30:49 PM »
My professor started his urbanization class today with the Dogtown and Z-boys documentary and proceeded to teach a whole lesson in reference to skateboarding. I got to bring up Ocean Howell and felt pretty smart
(Cool Trick GIF)

FrenchFriedClownFingers

• Rep: 117
  • evensteven
« Reply #39153 on: March 08, 2018, 11:45:56 PM »
my tax intercept was from a skateboarding ticket i got in 2006 and they won't be able to touch my federal return for the remaining $60
even the steven

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #39154 on: March 09, 2018, 06:40:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Last year in general was a pretty rough time for me, but I've been trying to make things better this year and so far I've been succeeding.

- I've lost 15 pounds.
- I've been skating more than ever, and I've been landing new/uncommon tricks for me.
- I've been jamming with a friend of mine and have been (trying) to get back into the mindset of writing/releasing music under my solo moniker.
- I've been spending more time with friends that were formerly just acquaintances.

A lot of things last year resulted in me going to a bit of a dark place, and I still have bad days from time to time, but I've been trying really hard to stay motivated and active, which for the most part has been successful.
[close]

Respect

Cognitive therapy/thinking for the win!
Gentleman ninja warlock

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #39155 on: March 09, 2018, 02:47:33 PM »
Made $600 in the last two weeks selling (ebay) just skateboard VHS tapes.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

bawtawd9

« Reply #39156 on: March 09, 2018, 04:14:22 PM »
300ug lsd  got me feeling uuaaaHhhHHHUAHAUAH!!! Nigga I need dat, finna cop some sheets.

bawtawd9

« Reply #39157 on: March 09, 2018, 04:19:25 PM »
nigga mosquito strings dangling off all everythteng

bawtawd5

• Rep: 134
« Reply #39158 on: March 09, 2018, 09:20:21 PM »
Blue Gatorade

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #39159 on: March 10, 2018, 05:18:13 AM »

Individually? I've thought many times about selling my DVDs. It's rare that I play them and I know I could make decent money if I sold them one by one as opposed to all at once. But at the same time it's my skate video collection and it would be tough to give that up.

The last few times I've watched full lengths it's been off YouTube and cast to the TV because I was too lazy to walk my ass to the basement and dig up the DVD.

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1959
« Reply #39160 on: March 10, 2018, 11:19:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

- I've lost 15 pounds.

[close]

Respect
[close]

Cognitive therapy/thinking for the win!

Actually, without being too revealing, I did start seeing a therapist last year when I was at my worst. It's by no means a be-all and end-all solution, but it's nice to have an objective voice to help you contextualize your problems in a more reasonable way. If anybody reading this happens to be going through some stuff, I strongly recommend at least trying it.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #39161 on: March 10, 2018, 11:25:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Individually? I've thought many times about selling my DVDs. It's rare that I play them and I know I could make decent money if I sold them one by one as opposed to all at once. But at the same time it's my skate video collection and it would be tough to give that up.

The last few times I've watched full lengths it's been off YouTube and cast to the TV because I was too lazy to walk my ass to the basement and dig up the DVD.

Some of them individually, others in blocks.  Depending on what they are and if I think they will sell.  Yeah, it's hard to get rid of.  I've been wanting to for a few years, finally just got the motivation.  At least to get it down to 10, from 130 or so.  Haven't touched the DVDs yet.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Lobo

• Rep: 2
  • Skate and die !
« Reply #39162 on: March 10, 2018, 11:30:49 AM »

- I've lost 15 pounds.

Stoked for you man!!

jstankalwara

• Rep: -13
« Reply #39163 on: March 10, 2018, 11:50:04 AM »
the sleep show in april, and the brian jonestown massecre show in may

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #39164 on: March 10, 2018, 07:47:40 PM »
House sitting a coworkers house and guess what I found in a kitchen drawer....

dog drugs.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #39165 on: March 10, 2018, 08:41:13 PM »
Good co worker! The general rule of thumb is, if you found it, it's because he wanted you to. And expects all drugs to be gone upon return.

Gentleman ninja warlock

SOTY

« Reply #39166 on: March 10, 2018, 11:52:03 PM »
No Limit Texas Hold'em
Pot Limit Omaha

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39167 on: March 11, 2018, 05:59:57 PM »
i went in a comp at my local park yesterday... apparently I came third in 30plus class which is pretty rad seems as I barely get to skate these days... the "open" class was fudged though kids these days are insane

bawtawd9

« Reply #39168 on: March 12, 2018, 02:23:22 AM »
Had hot ass sex in my dream, I'm talkin nasttyyy. And I fuckin nutted, I always wake up before I nut.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #39169 on: March 12, 2018, 12:15:51 PM »
Had hot ass sex in my dream, I'm talkin nasttyyy. And I fuckin nutted, I always wake up before I nut.

That's the side of wet dreams that you never hear about. Whenever I've had a wet dream it's always felt better than 95% of solo sessions. It's always intense and great.

bawtawd9

« Reply #39170 on: March 12, 2018, 05:22:10 PM »
I boonked some Tommy and polo from a store, I tried to take the tag off with a magnet but it dint work, so I just walked out, ready to run, they ain't even said shit, was just like wtf? I didn't even have to run. Wardrobe lookin nice, stole some carhartt too. I'm just finna be a full time boonk man. Fuck it I'm fresh.

bawtawd5

« Reply #39171 on: March 12, 2018, 07:45:37 PM »
I boonked some Tommy and polo from a store, I tried to take the tag off with a magnet but it dint work, so I just walked out, ready to run, they ain't even said shit, was just like wtf? I didn't even have to run. Wardrobe lookin nice, stole some carhartt too. I'm just finna be a full time boonk man. Fuck it I'm fresh.

bawtawd9

« Reply #39172 on: March 12, 2018, 08:30:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Wanna pop some x pills with some freshmen chicks in the quad? Don't forgot your visor my nigga.

Or would you like to buy these 3 pounds from me in my polo zip up?

IM FRESH NIGGA IM TELLIN YA, I BE THE ONLY NIGGA POSTIN FITS, C'MON NOW PLAYAS

bawtawd5

« Reply #39173 on: March 12, 2018, 10:03:18 PM »

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #39174 on: March 12, 2018, 10:09:10 PM »
Oh shit what up Jamie Kennedy?

shit_for_brains

« Reply #39175 on: March 13, 2018, 03:09:21 AM »
Those ghoulish eyes are looking healthy

bawtawd9

« Reply #39176 on: March 13, 2018, 03:41:42 PM »
Those ghoulish eyes are looking healthy
sick burn m8!

Oh shit what up Jamie Kennedy?
this bitch said I looked like screech once I was finna stab her 1000 times, my nose is not that jewey.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #39177 on: March 14, 2018, 03:52:09 PM »
I got a permit through the lottery system to go backpacking in the Enchantments in Washington at the end of July.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

shit_for_brains

« Reply #39178 on: March 14, 2018, 04:04:41 PM »
I got a permit through the lottery system to go backpacking in the Enchantments in Washington at the end of July.

Definitely sounds like a set up to a torture movie.

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #39179 on: March 14, 2018, 09:56:26 PM »
Hiking up 1000 vertical feet per mile will be a little torturous but, it should be a pretty awesome trip.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW