Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3062395 times)

cosmicgypsies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #39360 on: May 18, 2018, 04:46:27 AM »
realised i can store a puncture repair kit in my seat tube, hoping i can find a mini pump to also fit in there or clip onto the bottle holder.

Tommy G

• Rep: -12
« Reply #39361 on: May 20, 2018, 12:30:10 PM »
My old man and I got my motorcycle running better. Swapped a transmission and put some different exhaust on it. It felt good to hang out with him, learn, and finally ride it after not having it for so long.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #39362 on: May 20, 2018, 02:05:08 PM »
My old man and I got my motorcycle running better. Swapped a transmission and put some different exhaust on it. It felt good to hang out with him, learn, and finally ride it after not having it for so long.

That's rad!
Gentleman ninja warlock

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39363 on: May 22, 2018, 03:57:20 AM »
Got a deaf Uber driver yesterday.  When I got in I did the standard, "Hey man, what's up?"  He held up this little sign that said, "Hello, my name is Jacob and this sign is to let you know I'm deaf." 

Always stoked to see differently abled people out there getting it.  I never thought about it, but with GPS and the Uber system, it's a pretty good job for deaf people. 

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #39364 on: May 22, 2018, 05:52:36 AM »
i almost got t-boned by a lyft driver yesterday. maybe she was blind.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #39365 on: May 22, 2018, 08:41:17 AM »
Got a deaf Uber driver yesterday.  When I got in I did the standard, "Hey man, what's up?"  He held up this little sign that said, "Hello, my name is Jacob and this sign is to let you know I'm deaf." 

Always stoked to see differently abled people out there getting it.  I never thought about it, but with GPS and the Uber system, it's a pretty good job for deaf people.

They're probably stoked that they don't have to listen to the late night drunk crowd and witness Beth having a breakdown over Brittany flirting with Brad.

Irvine-Sucks.com

bad joke

• Rep: 156
« Reply #39366 on: May 22, 2018, 09:22:31 AM »
i almost got t-boned by a lyft driver yesterday. maybe she was blind.

weird thing to be stoked on dude

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #39367 on: May 22, 2018, 12:26:35 PM »
I'm still the pull out king.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 372
« Reply #39368 on: May 22, 2018, 12:29:58 PM »
They're probably stoked that they don't have to listen to the late night drunk crowd and witness Beth having a breakdown over Brittany flirting with Brad.
A trifecta of B's is always bad news bears, bro

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #39369 on: May 23, 2018, 06:36:27 AM »
Her indoors took me to Barcelona for my 40th and I took her to MACBA for a looksee and they have built the forth step on the big 3. Looked around and noticed Erik Bragg and realised they are having a Facemelters today so we are hanging around to watch it. Saw Pfanner and The Sza so far.

ogbawtawd

« Reply #39370 on: May 23, 2018, 12:27:17 PM »
Scary dream where these people were gonna kill me and I couldn't run. I hate waking before it happens, I wonder what it feels like to die in a dream, maybe I coulda dreamed a crazy afterlife.

Meant to post in not stoked
« Last Edit: May 23, 2018, 12:46:01 PM by ogbawtawd »

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -134
« Reply #39371 on: May 23, 2018, 12:29:26 PM »
Her indoors took me to Barcelona for my 40th and I took her to MACBA for a looksee and they have built the forth step on the big 3. Looked around and noticed Erik Bragg and realised they are having a Facemelters today so we are hanging around to watch it. Saw Pfanner and The Sza so far.

Did you bring your board with you?

ogbawtawd

« Reply #39372 on: May 23, 2018, 02:54:06 PM »
This double dream wax is bangin, its clearheaded but relaxing, not tweaky or anxious but it gives you smooth energy and focus. Pretty perfect.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #39373 on: May 23, 2018, 05:25:49 PM »

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 426
« Reply #39374 on: May 23, 2018, 06:04:34 PM »
I've been working on a creating a magazine over the last 4 months or so consisting of outdoor photographers local to the region I live in and we had the release party last night for it. A lot of people came out to support it and everyone seemed to be stoked on how it turned out. I put in a shit ton of work on my own, and I probably won't even break even on printing costs, but I'm pumped on having a community event that people are looking forward to keeping going down the road.

I've had the idea to do something like this for a while and I usually end up not following through on projects like this from either fear of failure or a form of laziness, so I was just glad that I saw the project to completion.

Irvine-Sucks.com

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #39375 on: May 23, 2018, 10:59:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Did you bring your board with you?
I did not but I don't regret it. It's less than 2 hours to fly here so I can come back with the crew soon.

Yu Dum

« Reply #39376 on: May 24, 2018, 07:09:41 AM »
I’ve realized that the woman I’m with will be my wife within the next year, and I can genuinely say that I am so fucking stoked to spend the rest of my life with her.
I know I’ll get clowned for being such a “lover boy”, but goddamn it feels incredible waking up next to her every single morning.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
« Reply #39377 on: May 24, 2018, 07:32:20 AM »
I’ve realized that the woman I’m with will be my wife within the next year, and I can genuinely say that I am so fucking stoked to spend the rest of my life with her.
I know I’ll get clowned for being such a “lover boy”, but goddamn it feels incredible waking up next to her every single morning.

Woah dude, that's pretty gay.

Nah, I'm kidding. That's awesome, it's a great feeling. Congrats on finding that.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

Yu Dum

« Reply #39378 on: May 24, 2018, 08:25:24 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Woah dude, that's pretty gay.

Nah, I'm kidding. That's awesome, it's a great feeling. Congrats on finding that.
Thanks, man. After being alone for five years, I feel like I’ve learned to love myself enough to unconditionally love her.

ogbawtawd

« Reply #39379 on: May 25, 2018, 06:59:18 PM »
Its fuckin on bitch. I been collecting samples in my head for years.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
« Reply #39380 on: May 25, 2018, 08:02:50 PM »

Bawtawd the beat gawd?

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #39381 on: May 26, 2018, 06:21:16 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Bawtawd the beat gawd?

Im not ashamed to say this made me laugh
Gentleman ninja warlock

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39382 on: May 28, 2018, 09:18:46 AM »
Shower beers

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #39383 on: May 28, 2018, 11:14:10 AM »

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #39384 on: May 28, 2018, 03:09:15 PM »
Traded in around 50 LPs that I never play to my local shop, and in return picked out a bunch of albums from the jazz and soul sections that I've never heard of. Soooo many gems, and I'm stoked to expand my knowledge of those genres.

JB

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39385 on: May 30, 2018, 09:16:30 AM »
Work is sending me to LA for a conference in October. I finally get to pee in the Pacific ocean.

slappies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1208
« Reply #39386 on: May 30, 2018, 12:40:04 PM »
Just got a new, better job. Still within the same company too so all my benefits, vacation, etc. carry over.
I complained about my current roll in the "Real Confessions" thread a couple months ago and had some nice Pals say some nice things, I'll pour one out for you guys when I celebrate this weekend.
CRACK RAIDER RAZOR

frontsie backsie

• Rep: -5
« Reply #39387 on: May 30, 2018, 04:50:49 PM »
I just broke my ankle but it gave me time to finish a video for my friends that I think turned out really well () and while the prospect of not skating for a while is really not fun to combat mentally I'm gonna try to read into Buddhist and other eastern philosophies with efforts to improve my mental disposition and attitude, which I think would be really rad if things actually end up working out that way. Also being hurt means spending more time with my girlfriend which I'm really stoked about and hopefully connecting with things like nature and cooking more.

shark tits

« Reply #39388 on: May 30, 2018, 08:44:45 PM »
during hive inspections today w/ my friend, she has some foundationless frames and the honeycomb was falling out when we pulled the frames up to inspect. she was freaking out but i just said 'look, we're gonna fix this' and i knew what i was doing. quite a departure from when i first started keeping bees and i'd stress and cuss a lot. i radiate calm and the bees appreciate it.
colin sent me a rad shirt too.

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #39389 on: May 30, 2018, 08:54:57 PM »
Going on a roadtrip tomorrow. I skated for a full week, at least one hour a day. Biked every day to work. Tomorrow is a holiday, Corpus Christi. So I'm happy and satisfied with myself, even though other aspects of my life have gone to the shitter.