Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3062580 times)

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #40470 on: July 02, 2019, 06:57:24 PM »
Finally got health coverage, well medicaid. I was able to go to my doctor without the usually $80 no insurance copay. Also got new glasses for free and am setting up a dentist appointment tomorrow. Feels so nice to be able to just get some basic stuff done without struggling to make it work.

Dracula

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -20
« Reply #40471 on: July 02, 2019, 09:22:20 PM »
Flying to Portland for a week long skate trip/bachelor party with my buds this Friday

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 717
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #40472 on: July 02, 2019, 09:52:23 PM »
Finally got health coverage, well medicaid. I was able to go to my doctor without the usually $80 no insurance copay. Also got new glasses for free and am setting up a dentist appointment tomorrow. Feels so nice to be able to just get some basic stuff done without struggling to make it work.
This is fantastic. You don't need to quantify it as medicaid. In fact it's better than almost everything else it's goddamn free. Use the fuck out of it as much as you can. I don't know if this increasingly backwards country is ever going to do single payer. As of now I'm paying about $170 a month with $15 copays which is, as far as I know, pretty good. If I were you, I'd be hustling to get everything done that you can that medicare covers before you get a new job. Congrats, be healthy, and try not to die.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40473 on: July 02, 2019, 10:15:34 PM »
Forgot to share what I was stoked on. Basically today was a good day and those are relatively rare for me. I got a new therapist that I like. I met with a friend that shares a ton of interests with me at a place where I realized I feel very comfortable. I was almost effortlessly verbal and open with my desires to the people around me. I kind of felt like I could ask a girl out that was interested in. Didn't do it, but it felt more tangible than ever. I've been losing weight because I've been intermittent fasting. Don't know how long I can keep it up, but I've already seen changes in body of the course of just 2 weeks. I'm still having trouble with a lot of things, but today was overall a very good day.

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #40474 on: July 03, 2019, 02:11:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
This is fantastic. You don't need to quantify it as medicaid. In fact it's better than almost everything else it's goddamn free. Use the fuck out of it as much as you can. I don't know if this increasingly backwards country is ever going to do single payer. As of now I'm paying about $170 a month with $15 copays which is, as far as I know, pretty good. If I were you, I'd be hustling to get everything done that you can that medicare covers before you get a new job. Congrats, be healthy, and try not to die.

Forgot to share what I was stoked on. Basically today was a good day and those are relatively rare for me. I got a new therapist that I like. I met with a friend that shares a ton of interests with me at a place where I realized I feel very comfortable. I was almost effortlessly verbal and open with my desires to the people around me. I kind of felt like I could ask a girl out that was interested in. Didn't do it, but it felt more tangible than ever. I've been losing weight because I've been intermittent fasting. Don't know how long I can keep it up, but I've already seen changes in body of the course of just 2 weeks. I'm still having trouble with a lot of things, but today was overall a very good day.

Thanks a lot homie. Definitely feel like a weight is off my shoulders. Also glad your feeling better man. Shit is tough and at least you didn't have to use your AK. I'm forever trying to gain weight. Added a few pounds myself so I'm hyped. Hope today is another good one for you!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:30:32 AM by os89 »

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 400
« Reply #40475 on: July 03, 2019, 03:53:27 AM »
good stuff, distant rumours! thought i'll shamelessly plug your band so you don't have to.

Haha thank you! :-)

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #40476 on: July 06, 2019, 07:17:49 AM »
Got a classic "last try" clip at a spot I've been wanting to hit for awhile. It was really muggy and the ground was rough, so prior attempts weren't going smoothly. Then it started sprinkling and I hail mary'd it and got the clip. As I landed I rolled straight to the car and it started pouring.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #40477 on: July 06, 2019, 07:10:08 PM »

Happy for you, man. Since I joined the forum I've always respected that you've been open and honest about the situations you've faced. I've always been rooting for you to move ahead.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40478 on: July 06, 2019, 11:51:25 PM »
Just got all my exam results, and after 5 long years of university im a physical therapist

Monkey_Mcpott

« Reply #40479 on: July 06, 2019, 11:56:46 PM »
Just got all my exam results, and after 5 long years of university im a physical therapist

Yo!!! Congrats!!!

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #40480 on: July 07, 2019, 12:36:20 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Happy for you, man. Since I joined the forum I've always respected that you've been open and honest about the situations you've faced. I've always been rooting for you to move ahead.
me too, been posting for a few years and lurked a cpl more and you always stood out to me. I still think if u bite the bullet and get a hooker you’ll see the world in a whole new light and probably bang a bunch of chicks but i’m also a bit of a scumbag. Either way, glad to see you feeling good man

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #40481 on: July 07, 2019, 01:05:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
me too, been posting for a few years and lurked a cpl more and you always stood out to me. I still think if u bite the bullet and get a hooker you’ll see the world in a whole new light and probably bang a bunch of chicks but i’m also a bit of a scumbag. Either way, glad to see you feeling good man

You ain't a scumbag, just a sick duck.

In all seriousness, L337g33k that's awesome to read even being ignorant to your situation. Therapy can be a very good thing and that's awesome you continue to seek it. Finding a therapist that works for you isn't an easy thing. Keep at it!!

Your post caught my eye because I finally had to take my mental health seriously, and just got back in contact with my psychiatrist.
The chillest1

20matar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #40482 on: July 07, 2019, 04:09:25 PM »

So that's why you're so knowledgeable! Congratulations on your degree!

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #40483 on: July 09, 2019, 10:08:33 PM »
cheers everyone  8)
i have a somewhat rant, so please skip if u need to
i'm kinda blown away that after years of rotten luck, i'm feeling turned around and back on earth. it all culminated with gnarly health problems last year ... mental breakdown got worse and worse until in a freak accident i was shot in the left eye by a stray bottle rocket at a family halloween parade on last halloween night. my left eye was permanently blinded and it was a wake up call to say the least. just that life is short and you really have to follow your heart -- there's no time to waste. so the recovery was really tough, but it taught me to turn inward for strength i had otherwise lost over several years of self doubt and bullshit. in a sense, it yanked the lost me outside of myself , the part of me i felt was missing. strange how life does that sometimes.... epochs coming to an epic close.
anyway i'm finally recovered fully these days, and living to the fullest -- and im happy! just feeling like me again. feeling in my element. working doubles nearly every day, but its all gravitating around the current band im playing in, and im feeling good as hell on my skateboard again. so things are balancing, slowly but surely.
anyway, cheers everyone, good health and rad times to us all ! i love ending my day with time on slap

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #40484 on: July 09, 2019, 10:17:33 PM »
sick dude, happy for you. happy you joined as well!

cheers

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #40485 on: July 09, 2019, 11:16:19 PM »
Expand Quote
finally got around to biting the bullet and seeing a psychologist on thursday. nervous as fuck but it's not something i want to put off any longer.
[close]

Hey yo you'll be good. It's just another person you can trust and that you'll be talking with. That alone can be liberating and it doesn't have to be serious, there's no bullet to bite here, you made a move that one can only benefit from. Don't make a mountain of your anxiety. I used to be super nervous about appointments and social interactions in general myself, especially as far as personal issues were concerned but once I realized it was just me putting so much unneeded stress on myself, danger was non-existent and that the source of my anxiety was an abstract construction I had forged in my head I started caring a lot less. Take it easy and that should click for you too. You made a positive choice, now kick back and enjoy the experience for what it is; you're safe, why wouldn't you be? Maybe try to keep your mind occupied in the meantime if you're still intimidated and you'll feel better before you realize it.
Yeah, it really will be a very easy social interaction, with few real obligations, once you get over the initial hurdles getting there.

For your first time, control the flow of conversation in anyway that makes you feel most comfortable, talk as much (or as little) as you want, and since you're still so early into it, there's zero pressure to discuss anything that you don't want to.

Just go in, share whatever you're comfortable with (be as vague or specific as you want), list some basic/broad goals you would like help achieving through therapy, and be honest with yourself about whether or not you feel like you connect and feel comfortable with the person your therapist is, and if you feel confident they'll be able to help you with your goals.

Damn, Ambien's got me making almost-Silhouette length posts.
This your trick for wordcount, bro? Just pop these little white jawns all day?

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1570
« Reply #40486 on: July 10, 2019, 09:31:41 AM »
Skated an uphill 7 with the crustiest landing for a good two hours yesterday at 31, didn't even get my trick. My calves still feel like Popeye's arms from the constant pushing, body hurts in twelve different spots due to constantly bailing out on shit ground and I broke my board, but I'm enjoying the soreness and endorphin rush. Of course eventually getting the trick would have been the cherry on that cake but I gave it my all and am surprisingly perfectly content with just that.

Damn, Ambien's got me making almost-Silhouette length posts.
This your trick for wordcount, bro? Just pop these little white jawns all day?

Sorry G, I shall protect my cumbersome gold at all costs. But I can let you in on the fact that it doesn't involve Ambiens.

childhood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #40487 on: July 10, 2019, 11:44:29 AM »
Grimcity from Slap got retweeted by Will from Chapo Traphouse

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1375
« Reply #40488 on: July 10, 2019, 01:45:38 PM »
cheers everyone  8)
i'm kinda blown away that after years of rotten luck, i'm feeling turned around and back on earth. it all culminated with gnarly health problems last year ... mental breakdown got worse and worse until in a freak accident i was shot in the left eye by a stray bottle rocket at a family halloween parade on last halloween night. my left eye was permanently blinded and it was a wake up call to say the least. just that life is short and you really have to follow your heart -- there's no time to waste. so the recovery was really tough, but it taught me to turn inward for strength i had otherwise lost over several years of self doubt and bullshit. in a sense, it yanked the lost me outside of myself , the part of me i felt was missing. strange how life does that sometimes.... epochs coming to an epic close.
anyway i'm finally recovered fully these days, and living to the fullest -- and im happy! just feeling like me again. feeling in my element. working doubles nearly every day, but its all gravitating around the current band im playing in, and im feeling good as hell on my skateboard again. so things are balancing, slowly but surely.
anyway, cheers everyone, good health and rad times to us all ! i love ending my day with time on slap

Jesus, permanent blindness in one eye is a nightmare. Glad you're maintaining a positive attitude.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40489 on: July 10, 2019, 02:11:16 PM »
Expand Quote
cheers everyone  8)
[close]

Jesus, permanent blindness in one eye is a nightmare. Glad you're maintaining a positive attitude.
You're awesome, Armin.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 539
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #40490 on: July 10, 2019, 09:08:02 PM »
I was sat in a random coffee shop for lunch and the movie they had playing on the tv had a scene at Brooklyn banks

pugmaster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #40491 on: July 11, 2019, 06:14:49 AM »

Nice! Do you use MyFitnessPal?
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #40492 on: July 13, 2019, 12:07:13 PM »
Me and my friends took edibles last night and watched 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Peter Zagreus

• Rep: 85
« Reply #40493 on: July 13, 2019, 01:22:52 PM »
Skated an uphill 7 with the crustiest landing for a good two hours yesterday at 31, didn't even get my trick. My calves still feel like Popeye's arms from the constant pushing, body hurts in twelve different spots due to constantly bailing out on shit ground and I broke my board, but I'm enjoying the soreness and endorphin rush. Of course eventually getting the trick would have been the cherry on that cake but I gave it my all and am surprisingly perfectly content with just that.

I'm feeling this!
It's strangely satisfying when your muscles are just shot the day after a session and the endorphins seem to still be trickling (or whatever they do). There are perks to getting older.

WobbleHeadBob

• Rep: 80
« Reply #40494 on: July 15, 2019, 10:04:33 AM »
super stoked on this little pot thing i made today!

Rick_Kane

« Reply #40495 on: July 15, 2019, 10:36:09 AM »
Me and my friends took edibles last night and watched 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Best cure for insomnia ever

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #40496 on: July 15, 2019, 01:38:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice! Do you use MyFitnessPal?
Nah, but I'll look into it. I'm just not letting myself snack all day.

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #40497 on: July 15, 2019, 02:17:19 PM »
mE

mArLeY

shucknjive

• Rep: -39
« Reply #40498 on: July 15, 2019, 02:17:45 PM »
+c
mArLeY

VHS ERA

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
« Reply #40499 on: July 15, 2019, 04:05:26 PM »