Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3063756 times)

animalflesh

Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #41280 on: February 24, 2020, 08:22:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Losing like 20 lbs of fat and put on 5 lbs of muscle

Getting my legs back in shape

Bombing big mellow hills on an Alva board

Getting basically all the free beer I want
[close]

Nice work with the weight loss, improving your health and vitality is always a good thing.

Thank you! It feels good especially coming out of winter.

Yu Dum

« Reply #41281 on: February 24, 2020, 08:55:55 AM »
Harvey Weinstein getting convicted brings big stoke.

50mm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #41282 on: February 24, 2020, 12:54:06 PM »
I know I've been talking a lot about it and plenty of you could care less about the complaints of a 30 year old white collar office worker, but I am getting nearly 100 coworkers organized to speak out about unfair labor practices and unrealistic work expectations. I've spoke to so many people at my office and so many have admitted to getting into therapy over our job, going home crying, having substance abuse problems to cope, and the total lack of respect or appreciation for what we do.

We have a big meeting tomorrow to go over just routine bullshit, but I collected a ton of concerns and condensed them into talking points that are going to catch the supervisors off guard. We are pretty much going to listen to what they say, and then I'm going to step in and make almost a speech that addresses everything we have talked about. We are gonna kind of take it over at the end. I have everyone on board, and told everyone keep it professional, don't get upset, and we will come out of this like champs. People I hardly know are coming up to me and thanking me. It's something I'm really passionate about and I'm willing to put the target on my back. I have the union coming next week as well.

I've been planning this for a few weeks now so I'm super excited to do it tomorrow, its really helped morale to know that we are coming together. Don't take no shit off nobody!

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41283 on: February 24, 2020, 01:51:42 PM »

So stoked my game codes I won finally came! The top two rows. Now to wait forever for everything to download. Shalom y'all

cosmicgypsies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #41284 on: February 24, 2020, 02:11:30 PM »
Update: I didn't go skating for long. I fell and my truck exploded. So I had to go home and grab some replacement parts and decided to stay home so I don't have to walk through mud. Might go out somewhere though.

same for me, first skate in 2 weeks yesterday and made the mistake of new shoes to boot. first spot was scaling a 10ft wall to skate this drop to bank with a tiny wet run up which i wasnt feeling. second and third spots were okay but mostly spent the day freezing my bollocks off.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 120
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #41285 on: February 24, 2020, 02:26:47 PM »

So stoked my game codes I won finally came! The top two rows. Now to wait forever for everything to download. Shalom y'all
no smash tho?

I'm going to a workshop at google this Wednesday

os89

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41286 on: February 24, 2020, 02:29:22 PM »
Yea I know. I wish that or Luigis mansion came instead of both sword and shield haha but I'm not complaining!

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41287 on: February 24, 2020, 05:49:42 PM »
I know I've been talking a lot about it and plenty of you could care less about the complaints of a 30 year old white collar office worker, but I am getting nearly 100 coworkers organized to speak out about unfair labor practices and unrealistic work expectations. I've spoke to so many people at my office and so many have admitted to getting into therapy over our job, going home crying, having substance abuse problems to cope, and the total lack of respect or appreciation for what we do.

We have a big meeting tomorrow to go over just routine bullshit, but I collected a ton of concerns and condensed them into talking points that are going to catch the supervisors off guard. We are pretty much going to listen to what they say, and then I'm going to step in and make almost a speech that addresses everything we have talked about. We are gonna kind of take it over at the end. I have everyone on board, and told everyone keep it professional, don't get upset, and we will come out of this like champs. People I hardly know are coming up to me and thanking me. It's something I'm really passionate about and I'm willing to put the target on my back. I have the union coming next week as well.

I've been planning this for a few weeks now so I'm super excited to do it tomorrow, its really helped morale to know that we are coming together. Don't take no shit off nobody!

I'm excited to see where this goes; it's idealistic to imagine but it feels like we are on the cusp on a revolution work wise. Been reading a lot of Utopia for Realist and I'm hopeful that the global conversation about work (9-5, being held hostage by insurance, idolization of innovators, pursuit of endless growth) changes within my lifetime.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41288 on: February 24, 2020, 06:22:29 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm excited to see where this goes; it's idealistic to imagine but it feels like we are on the cusp on a revolution work wise. Been reading a lot of Utopia for Realist and I'm hopeful that the global conversation about work (9-5, being held hostage by insurance, idolization of innovators, pursuit of endless growth) changes within my lifetime.
I always swore I would never work a 9-5, I don't, I work at 7:30-5:30, but I get every other friday off along with weekends. By the last couple hours you are useless and brain dead.

I've always spoken up when it's unfair, and I'm actually used to being the quiet one at work. But this is the first time I go to bat for everyone. It's pretty nuts, the pressure is on, but I'm down. I'm good at public speaking, I got a union and know my rights so it gives you some confidence. My mom was the same way and used to work for my same organization, but we never worked together, wouldn't want to. My mom is really like a no bullshit person and also grew up in the hood and gives no fucks for that kind of politic shit. She's been giving me intel to use from her connections still working with us.

At my work you are on probation for 18 months. In that time you have to hit a certain quota for 3 months in a row then you get promoted to a full level employee. She was just starting with them in 2001, and had finally done the 3 months in a row thing but her boss told her she didn't feel like she should be promoted yet and wasn't going to do it. So my mom looked up all the rules, got her thoughts organized, contacted the union and typed up a grievance on a goddamn typewriter. The day she has this big hearing scheduled fucking 9/11 happens, and she was like torn between even going through with it given the circumstances. Everyone is freaking the fuck out, people don't even know what the fuck is going to happen, she almost said forget it. Instead, she said, fuck it, the worlds gonna keep turning, she went for it, and by the end of the day her boss signed the paperwork and threw it at her and told her "Here's your fucking promotion." My mom didn't give a fuck, said thank you very much!

I learned from the best. Tomorrow is going to be sick!

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 94
« Reply #41289 on: February 24, 2020, 06:33:48 PM »
After lurking/posting on here for 6 or 7 years i guess i made it to pal status. I know i’m basically in the background but i love slap and hopefully i contribute at least a lil bit

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41290 on: February 24, 2020, 06:48:35 PM »
After lurking/posting on here for 6 or 7 years i guess i made it to pal status. I know i’m basically in the background but i love slap and hopefully i contribute at least a lil bit
Shalom, your username always get's me stoked!

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #41291 on: February 24, 2020, 07:34:07 PM »
I saw a man wearing a Yezzur hoodie with my own eyes live on the street.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #41292 on: February 25, 2020, 04:33:06 AM »
hell yeah! Didn’t you have a duck avatar before too? It’s gone? Shalom. Hit pal status as well last week.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #41293 on: February 25, 2020, 06:29:35 AM »
Get my bike back tomorrow, I'm fucking sick of public transport.
Super keen to get back to riding to work.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41294 on: February 25, 2020, 12:38:58 PM »
Had our big meeting today. I worked on an outline for all our complaints for 3 hours last night. The meeting started and the supervisors went over some bullshit numbers to try and convince us the stuff they have us doing is working. They said all the supervisors are going to leave the room, we want you guys to talk and write down questions for us to answer. I interrupted and said I've already spoke with most of the workers and have all our concerns here, they still said, well we're still gonna leave in case anything was missed. So they leave the room and everyone turns to me.

I go over my 2 pages of notes and everyone is on board. So much so that out of 50 people (half of our staff) only 3 people had additional questions. So the supervisors come back in and I kick it off. I said anyone feel free to chime in and keep it professional. I spoke for 40 minutes with people jumping in and backing up my points throughout. The supervisors kept trying to get me to wrap it up but I didn't let them. I went point by point on where they are fucking up. I talked about how many people are going on leave or going into therapy over work conditions. And that its become a joke in the office to go get drunk after work to cope, but that is sad to hear that people using substances to cope has become something to laugh about and encourage.

I brought up that not a single person I spoke with has said they like their job, have a sense of satisfaction, feels appreciated or think that what we are doing is working.

I read to everyone what occupational burnout is and how what we are being asked to do is causing it.

I brought up how far the workplace morale has dropped.

I brought up that supervisors dont ask how we are doing, or how we are feeling, they just ask where we are on our work. I said if you are a supervisor and this is news to you it's because you have demonstrated you aren't approachable or you have shown little or no interest in the well being of your team.

I said we don't do any kind of team building exercises and serving us junk food doesn't count as one. That junk food is linked to both moderate and severe psychological distress.

I didn't act rude the to supervisors so that they would take our concerns seriously. I said I know you care about your team or you wouldn't have been promoted to a supervisor, but we don't see it.

It was pretty sick. I went in way deeper than that. There are all these changes they are going to make now. A lot of people told me thank you and even though the work is still fucked it made all the lower level employees feel like we have each others back. A lot of people surprised me by speaking up and it ended on a positive note.

I hardly slept last night from working on it, and then my nerves kept me awake. But it turned out great. And I'm really proud of myself for doing it because I don't want to have to. I like being able to do my work and don't talk too much. But they made it unbearable, and nobody was going to do it so I did.

Saint Coke

« Reply #41295 on: February 25, 2020, 05:24:17 PM »
Had our big meeting today. I worked on an outline for all our complaints for 3 hours last night. The meeting started and the supervisors went over some bullshit numbers to try and convince us the stuff they have us doing is working. They said all the supervisors are going to leave the room, we want you guys to talk and write down questions for us to answer. I interrupted and said I've already spoke with most of the workers and have all our concerns here, they still said, well we're still gonna leave in case anything was missed. So they leave the room and everyone turns to me.

I go over my 2 pages of notes and everyone is on board. So much so that out of 50 people (half of our staff) only 3 people had additional questions. So the supervisors come back in and I kick it off. I said anyone feel free to chime in and keep it professional. I spoke for 40 minutes with people jumping in and backing up my points throughout. The supervisors kept trying to get me to wrap it up but I didn't let them. I went point by point on where they are fucking up. I talked about how many people are going on leave or going into therapy over work conditions. And that its become a joke in the office to go get drunk after work to cope, but that is sad to hear that people using substances to cope has become something to laugh about and encourage.

I brought up that not a single person I spoke with has said they like their job, have a sense of satisfaction, feels appreciated or think that what we are doing is working.

I read to everyone what occupational burnout is and how what we are being asked to do is causing it.

I brought up that supervisors dont ask how we are doing, or how we are feeling, they just ask where we are on our work. I said if you are a supervisor and this is news to you it's because you have demonstrated you aren't approachable or you have shown little or no interest in the well being of your team.

I said we don't do any kind of team building exercises and serving us junk food doesn't count as one. That junk food is linked to both moderate and severe psychological distress.

I didn't act rude the to supervisors so that they would take our concerns seriously. I said I know you care about your team or you wouldn't have been promoted to a supervisor, but we don't see it.

It was pretty sick. I went in way deeper than that. There are all these changes they are going to make now. A lot of people told me thank you and even though the work is still fucked it made all the lower level employees feel like we have each others back. A lot of people surprised me by speaking up and it ended on a positive note.

I hardly slept last night from working on it, and then my nerves kept me awake. But it turned out great. And I'm really proud of myself for doing it because I don't want to have to. I like being able to do my work and don't talk too much. But they made it unbearable, and nobody was going to do it so I did.
Damn man, congrats. Hard work and passion always pay off in some way.

no name cargos plug

« Reply #41296 on: February 25, 2020, 06:32:46 PM »
Got scheduled for an interview where I work, looking at a big raise for an essentially cushier job. Wish me luck pals!

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41297 on: February 25, 2020, 06:56:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Thanks man! Everyone was noticeably happier after lunch, and the supervisors were in meetings all day trying to come up with a game plan. I had my regularly scheduled meeting at the end of the day where our 2 supervisors for my group talk to you individually about how you are doing. The tone was different from the head guy who is a dumb pussy, but I give him credit for working on it. The other one is actually really cool so I had no complaints. They didn't even bring up the meeting from the morning, but I did and explained why it needed to be said. It was the first time I've left one of those meetings feeling like it was productive and felt happy. When everyone was leaving, selfishly I was thinking, damn, nobody saying thanks for sticking your neck out? Maybe it's not necessary, don't think about it. And one person came up, looked me in the eyes and gave me a very genuine thank you for what I did today. It was such an awesome feeling.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 06:57:44 PM by 50mm »

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #41298 on: February 25, 2020, 07:23:49 PM »
had my first roll since getting stitches in my eyebrow the other week. It wasn't a great skate but I was as scared as I thought I'd be...

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 41
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #41299 on: February 25, 2020, 07:47:24 PM »
its my birthday this weekend, feb 29th, leap year baby, comes every four years and its finally here

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41300 on: February 25, 2020, 07:58:24 PM »
its my birthday this weekend, feb 29th, leap year baby, comes every four years and its finally here
Happy early birthday! My friend in like elementary or middle school used to claim is grandma was 12 or some dumb shit because her birthday was supposedly on a leap year. He used to make up so many dumb lies lol.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 501
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #41301 on: February 25, 2020, 08:44:55 PM »
Using an SP12.  35  years old and still the best sampler on earth, asides from an sp1200

Yu Dum

« Reply #41302 on: February 25, 2020, 08:48:29 PM »
Bought a Bobby DeKeyzer board today and it’s the shape I’ve been looking for for the past two years. I’m in heaven.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41303 on: February 25, 2020, 11:56:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]
Thanks man! Everyone was noticeably happier after lunch, and the supervisors were in meetings all day trying to come up with a game plan. I had my regularly scheduled meeting at the end of the day where our 2 supervisors for my group talk to you individually about how you are doing. The tone was different from the head guy who is a dumb pussy, but I give him credit for working on it. The other one is actually really cool so I had no complaints. They didn't even bring up the meeting from the morning, but I did and explained why it needed to be said. It was the first time I've left one of those meetings feeling like it was productive and felt happy. When everyone was leaving, selfishly I was thinking, damn, nobody saying thanks for sticking your neck out? Maybe it's not necessary, don't think about it. And one person came up, looked me in the eyes and gave me a very genuine thank you for what I did today. It was such an awesome feeling.

Damn, we're here talking about circus tricks on our wheelie planks, you're here taking down the pillars of corporate America. I'm keeping myself glued to this thread to check in for latest developments on the union battle. I usually don't approve of anything less than 52mm wheels, but 50mm is fine by me.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 492
« Reply #41304 on: February 26, 2020, 12:53:12 AM »
are you 7 years old now?

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #41305 on: February 26, 2020, 12:56:45 AM »
Sounds sick 50mm. I hope the changes stick and everyone doesn't find something else to complain about after.

It kinda inspires me to do the same thing at my work but in my case I am the manager. However, one of my co-manager's is my boss's wife, and she's the most negative, passive aggressive force in the whole company. It's difficult to complain to my boss that his wife is a horrible person and she should leave the company before she ruins us all.

Stoked about things going good with a new girl. We have 3 trips (weekends) already planned together and she's talking about maybe moving in with me which would be dope.

Stoked about spring coming soon. January and February at work are fucking torture due to constant deadlines, so it feels like I'm about to be relieved of so much stress. I can finally have Saturdays off, which never happens those 2 months. I can finally really move into my apartment which I've been living in for almost 3 months but still have some stuff that's not unpacked.

Stoked about building a parking block for our local flatground spot.

Stoked I just bought a helmet and pads and I'm finally going to push myself to learn to skate transition properly.

authentic_creed_bratton

• Rep: 36
« Reply #41306 on: February 26, 2020, 05:09:57 AM »
50 youre my hero. have you heard of street fight radio?
🤙

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41307 on: February 26, 2020, 10:03:31 AM »
Decided to leave work early to get an early solo session at the park. Had to take a few conference calls at the park but goddamn I landed me some new tricks today:
BS Smiths - just found the balls to commit on Tuesday, rolled away with my first one Wednesday
FS Crooks - saw lots of people eat shit on this trick and avoiding learning it, some guy at the park was trying them and prompted me to try it today, I got 1 in within 10 or so tries, more difficult than BS crooks for sure but definitely not as scary as I thought.

I got to thank my Ventures for this session. Decided to setup an 8" board I retired a few months back, still had life but I was being a baby and wanted to try something new. Ventures gave new life to the board and the reduced height made landing securely into the ledge so much easier. Also, that pinch is the shit, Indy's ain't got shit on them.

Other than that a dude was at the park was trying nose manuals shove out for close to 2 hours. It was NBD for him and everyone was stoked when he rolled away with it. Love this aspect of skateboarding; you recognizing the struggle a stranger is experiencing and celebrating the victory like a damn team sport.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 11:09:51 AM by rocklobster »
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

animalflesh

« Reply #41308 on: February 26, 2020, 10:51:46 AM »
Good shit everybody I’m loving this thread