Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3062556 times)

butterballs for jerry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -56
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #41760 on: August 22, 2020, 08:05:04 AM »
for the first time in years I took a day off coffee last week. the next cup I had was like coming up on a hard drug, I was all euphoric and shit, full of energy. I repeated the experiment only I took two days off and the results were basically the same. today was my first coffee since Thursday, and it's fucking awesome.

I don't know why I hadn't tried this sooner, shit's amazing

it also has me thinking about how much I enjoy my body's reaction to fulfilling an addiction, as opposed to the reaction to continued use of the addictive substance. my first beer of the day is great, then it's diminishing returns as the night goes on. when I was a smoker I quit for like 3 days and that first cigarette back was the best one of my life.

I guess that's a pretty good indicator of an addictive personality?
I was standing staring at the world, and I still can't see it

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41761 on: August 22, 2020, 09:12:47 AM »
Landed my first FS Crooked grind on a medium height ledge today at the park. Last one I did was on a box 1/3 the height before lockdown happened. Knocked a couple of FS Smiths out too, blasting them with speed is so fun. And did my first FS Fakie Nosegrind, never committed to trying it before, just said fuck it and hucked a few.

Another 7am session with my old crew tomorrow too, 1 upside of the pandemic is everyone re-discovering their love for old hobbies.

Spent 2 hours talking with my hopefully future employer on a Saturday afternoon. The company looks very promising and the pack package should get a sizable bump up too. More importantly the job is going to give my wife and I the opportunity to live and work overseas, preferably somewhere with year round surfing. Should get some news by mid-late September.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41762 on: August 22, 2020, 10:59:43 AM »
Came in to work today to find my boss had fucked up the roster and has given me 5 days annual leave after my next shift.
I could cancel but all the cover has been organised so it looks like I'll have to tough it out and have 5 paid days off.

Also I ordered a half an oz today that now arrives on my first day off.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #41763 on: August 22, 2020, 11:51:28 AM »
got a few roomplants for my place that liven it up real nice.

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #41764 on: August 22, 2020, 12:37:47 PM »
Finally reconnected with a long lost friend and former Slap Pal over IG. We skated together so much in the 2000s and it was great to see him doing great for himself in NYC.
That is so dope man, its good to reconnect w old friends. Life is short so love the people you care abt, its always cool to catch up w people that impacted your lives. I lost 2 of my best friends from back in the day in the last 10 years. Would give anything to hang w them again.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41765 on: August 22, 2020, 04:20:16 PM »

Nice, little bits of greenery in a house really class up the place. I struggle to keep anything other than a cactus alive in my place.

Expand Quote
Finally reconnected with a long lost friend and former Slap Pal over IG. We skated together so much in the 2000s and it was great to see him doing great for himself in NYC.
[close]
That is so dope man, its good to reconnect w old friends. Life is short so love the people you care abt, its always cool to catch up w people that impacted your lives. I lost 2 of my best friends from back in the day in the last 10 years. Would give anything to hang w them again.

Totally, he's doing good in NYC now and he still lurks on here, hopefully he reads this, shout out to @loophole. Been chatting with @Mongoloid outside of Slap and he's a rad guy, bought a bunch of his gear and just shooting the breeze.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

WastedHippy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #41766 on: August 22, 2020, 07:29:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Nice, little bits of greenery in a house really class up the place. I struggle to keep anything other than a cactus alive in my place.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Totally, he's doing good in NYC now and he still lurks on here, hopefully he reads this, shout out to @loophole. Been chatting with @Mongoloid outside of Slap and he's a rad guy, bought a bunch of his gear and just shooting the breeze.

Invest in some fake plants, I know it isn't the real deal but still brings the nature vibes

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #41767 on: August 23, 2020, 07:09:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

Invest in some fake plants, I know it isn't the real deal but still brings the nature vibes

i had to get stoked on the plant thing. i used to be able to kill off the hardiest of plants, but i found the more plants you get, the harder it is to ignore them. i also learned how to trim them right. now watering or spraying them is just part of my morning routine. it took me years to get there though and i am still a total noob. trying to get to know about the plants i have and go from there.

rip to all the greenery i killed off by ignorance.

fake plants are alright when you have absolutely no natural lightsource available but you don't reap the real plants benefits in terms of airquality.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41768 on: August 23, 2020, 08:56:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

i had to get stoked on the plant thing. i used to be able to kill off the hardiest of plants, but i found the more plants you get, the harder it is to ignore them. i also learned how to trim them right. now watering or spraying them is just part of my morning routine. it took me years to get there though and i am still a total noob. trying to get to know about the plants i have and go from there.

rip to all the greenery i killed off by ignorance.

fake plants are alright when you have absolutely no natural lightsource available but you don't reap the real plants benefits in terms of airquality.

My wife and I had some succulents we placed outside our house along the shared walkway; eventually all the plants took turns dying on us. I attribute it to them getting too much moisture from the rain (topical climate) and insufficient direct sunlight.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #41769 on: August 23, 2020, 09:09:19 AM »
Youtube how to take care of certain plants. Even air plants that are touted for being low maintenance or difficult to mess up actually present their own challenges.

I like challenging myself with growing. I have some basil growing on my patio from cut basil that my wife's coworker gave her. They were cut in the morning before work (9am) and my wife didn't get home until (6pm). The were all pretty crushed along with some rosemary and zucchini from her garden. I picked out a few to try to revive and now they're growing quite well.

mynameisnotjeff

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 584
« Reply #41770 on: August 24, 2020, 08:27:32 PM »
I have horrendous footwork. I decided to try to slappy crook in honor of it being 8/24 for Kobe. I’ve been trying for 4 hours and nothing. Went for it, overspun and came out 180, I check the time 8:24. Miss ya Mamba
Nothing I do deserves more than an iphone camera.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #41771 on: August 24, 2020, 08:56:31 PM »
this fun art insta called whos___who showed Brian Lotti some love

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #41772 on: August 25, 2020, 06:58:09 AM »
I looked in the mirror

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #41773 on: August 26, 2020, 08:58:26 AM »
Dear lord I cannot wait for this film. Phillip is a hero to me - this trailer brought happy tears to my eyes. Long live Phillip and Lizzy.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #41774 on: August 26, 2020, 12:55:29 PM »
Dear lord I cannot wait for this film. Phillip is a hero to me - this trailer brought happy tears to my eyes. Long live Phillip and Lizzy.

yes yes yes

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #41775 on: August 26, 2020, 02:17:33 PM »

After work hrs we all ride! I been waiting for years for this moment.

I wish they cared about old mags.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

theSketchLord

• https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41776 on: August 29, 2020, 07:17:17 AM »
Brought my first Gundam model.
Been reading up on building them for a while and finally decided to buy one.

Still need the toolkit but already nerding out over all the parts.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 47
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #41777 on: August 29, 2020, 12:48:06 PM »
I've been getting free food from Wawa for the past few days. Which if you're from the east coast you know is one of the best things that can happen.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41778 on: August 29, 2020, 05:38:09 PM »
Old crew decided to turn up for an 8am session and I landed BS kickflips for the first time in 15-ish years of skating after finding the secret of the back foot placement.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Guy Marinara

• Rep: 12
« Reply #41779 on: August 31, 2020, 10:25:10 AM »
I'm teaching one of my buddies how to skate. I never knew how satisfying it could be to teach someone something and watch them progress. He ollied over some stuff, learned to roll into transition and learned heelflips this weekend. He was so stoked after the sesh i caught wild second hand stoke.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41780 on: August 31, 2020, 07:28:16 PM »
I'm teaching one of my buddies how to skate. I never knew how satisfying it could be to teach someone something and watch them progress. He ollied over some stuff, learned to roll into transition and learned heelflips this weekend. He was so stoked after the sesh i caught wild second hand stoke.

That's sick and props for helping your friend out! Felt amazing to teach my nephew how to push around after I got him a board for Xmas.
Getting my FS Crook way more consistent has been so much fun and I'm learning ledge stuff I overlooked in the past. Stuff like FS 1/2 Cab noseslides, Fakie 5-0 and Nollie Nosegrinds. Fuck flat ground though, I can't flip to save my life.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #41781 on: August 31, 2020, 11:26:45 PM »
Ordered a 3 piece from kfc 15 minutes before they closed and got a 9 piece.  8)
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #41782 on: September 01, 2020, 03:53:15 PM »
Im finally having a meeting with my hr department about going back to work. Ive been extremely nervous and anxious about all this cuz its been almost a year since I've been at work. I'm also really nervous that they will also fire me.

theSketchLord

« Reply #41783 on: September 03, 2020, 05:28:53 AM »
A while back there was a competition on the Empire facebook page to submit a film based drawing, I took a shitty old pic off insta and submitted it for fun.
Today I get a delivery of 6 boxes of Cadbury coated Oreos, just before 3 days off and a delivery of half an oz.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41784 on: September 03, 2020, 11:08:32 AM »
Office declared Friday a mental health day, so I'm hitting up the park early. Solo morning sessions are my favorite thing in the world.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Dead to Me

• Rep: 74
« Reply #41785 on: September 03, 2020, 03:00:39 PM »
Office declared Friday a mental health day, so I'm hitting up the park early. Solo morning sessions are my favorite thing in the world.
Every friday !? Or just this friday ? Regardless that’s sick of your job to do.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #41786 on: September 03, 2020, 04:38:17 PM »
Dude! 3 for the price of one.

theSketchLord

« Reply #41787 on: September 04, 2020, 05:24:29 AM »
Pizza Friday.

Hombreezy

« Reply #41788 on: September 04, 2020, 08:34:16 AM »
Hardflip noseslides

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1593
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #41789 on: September 04, 2020, 09:43:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Dude! 3 for the price of one.

I think they were just going to throw it out anyway so they hooked it up. I'm definitely going to try the same strategy in the future.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate