Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057023 times)

os89

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1177
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #41940 on: October 14, 2020, 07:36:55 AM »
Switched back to boxers from boxer briefs, and it feels amazing.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #41941 on: October 14, 2020, 10:34:19 AM »
Stoked that the trick tip I wrote on Whatever is actually helping other guys get closer to landing the trick. It eluded me for many years but after reading some input from the others, I chimed in and I'm happy to say we were able to collectively find the "secret sauce" of the trick.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #41942 on: October 14, 2020, 02:44:20 PM »

It's almost gap season
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

fakie butt drop

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #41943 on: October 14, 2020, 06:15:18 PM »
literally did this the other day- life changing. grapes gotta breathe.

Impossibles are finally starting to wrap properly :D

nevrwasben

« Reply #41944 on: October 14, 2020, 06:35:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Dudes!
These are my favorite!
Knit boxers, knit fabric like a brief but cut roomy like a boxer
https://www.amazon.com/Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Moisture-Wicking/dp/B07FMTYBBD?pd_rd_w=qNIFd&pf_rd_p=e8955138-5518-43fe-a991-57b05b120e20&pf_rd_r=XSAYF8ZMZ33P80J111BK&pd_rd_r=795fadc4-4bdd-4d4c-877a-c0c4fa49db88&pd_rd_wg=QrEiN&pd_rd_i=B07FMTYBBD&ref_=pd_bap_m_rp_1_21_dv_vtp_1_dc

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41945 on: October 14, 2020, 06:35:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

What's the secret to do one like Dylan Reider?
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #41946 on: October 14, 2020, 08:28:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

You need boots that have no board feel, but really change your mechanics.

fakie butt drop

• Rep: 12
  • it is what it is
« Reply #41947 on: October 14, 2020, 08:48:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Not there yet- will update after another 4 years of practice.

Sick Duck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
« Reply #41948 on: October 14, 2020, 10:20:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Dudes!
These are my favorite!
https://www.amazon.com/Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Moisture-Wicking/dp/B07FMTYBBD?pd_rd_w=qNIFd&pf_rd_p=e8955138-5518-43fe-a991-57b05b120e20&pf_rd_r=XSAYF8ZMZ33P80J111BK&pd_rd_r=795fadc4-4bdd-4d4c-877a-c0c4fa49db88&pd_rd_wg=QrEiN&pd_rd_i=B07FMTYBBD&ref_=pd_bap_m_rp_1_21_dv_vtp_1_dc
i bought a pack of those once but they rode up my ass like crazy ended up throwing them away within a month. I’ve always worn boxers but they’re getting harder to find when did everyone start wearing briefs i don’t get it

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41949 on: October 14, 2020, 11:35:43 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You need boots that have no board feel, but really change your mechanics.

I'm wearing Crocs, will that help?

Scored a really cool vintage board, I'll post it up over the weekend.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

50mm

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
  • Take a chance, Columbus did!
« Reply #41950 on: October 15, 2020, 08:13:33 AM »
Going for my first job interview outside of my organization in like 13 years. I am really hoping to get this. I would be a park ranger chilling on a ton of land.

non-playable character

• Rep: 8
« Reply #41951 on: October 15, 2020, 08:35:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Dudes!
These are my favorite!
[close]
i bought a pack of those once but they rode up my ass like crazy ended up throwing them away within a month. I’ve always worn boxers but they’re getting harder to find when did everyone start wearing briefs i don’t get it

Uniqlo opened a store in my city recently. Went and picked up some boxers, 2 for 10 bucks. Instantly fell in love with them.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41952 on: October 15, 2020, 10:56:13 AM »
Going for my first job interview outside of my organization in like 13 years. I am really hoping to get this. I would be a park ranger chilling on a ton of land.

Good to hear man, guess the labor union thing didn't pan out. Would love to hear how that played out.

Re-learned FS Lipslides on a flatbar today. Did one on a whim last year and didn't touch them in months because of a bad fall I had trying a FS Boardslide. Truck caught the side of the rail and I flew, landing pretty hard on my back. Wanted to try them again and seeing a park regular just go at them gave me the courage to just try them out. Spend 15 minutes rolling up and kicking away, before said regular told me to work up my confidence on the lower, shorter one. Landed those and it was a matter of time before I was rolling away. Thanked them for getting me hyped to try it, I'm going to build the nerve to re-learn BS Feebles, BS 50-50 and then my holy grail trick of BS Lipslide.

Sorry if this is too much skate talk in this section, I'm just loving skating in my 30s.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41953 on: October 15, 2020, 11:28:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Good to hear man, guess the labor union thing didn't pan out. Would love to hear how that played out.

Re-learned FS Lipslides on a flatbar today. Did one on a whim last year and didn't touch them in months because of a bad fall I had trying a FS Boardslide. Truck caught the side of the rail and I flew, landing pretty hard on my back. Wanted to try them again and seeing a park regular just go at them gave me the courage to just try them out. Spend 15 minutes rolling up and kicking away, before said regular told me to work up my confidence on the lower, shorter one. Landed those and it was a matter of time before I was rolling away. Thanked them for getting me hyped to try it, I'm going to build the nerve to re-learn BS Feebles, BS 50-50 and then my holy grail trick of BS Lipslide.

Sorry if this is too much skate talk in this section, I'm just loving skating in my 30s.
There were some changes to my job that made it better but I have always hated the job and just stuck around for the money and security. I have wanted to work in conservation for a while so I would have left anyways. One of the best parts about changing jobs would be just being able to leave my current one.

Bruh Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
  • Upstairs, fifth floor
« Reply #41954 on: October 15, 2020, 12:41:56 PM »
Stoked on this Seasons crewneck I picked up last weekend, and the shop in general!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CByzF_cJhF_/?igshid=157kaakz9iiza

50mm

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41955 on: October 15, 2020, 04:53:16 PM »
Interview went really well. Man. A year ago I found a hiking area I really fell in love with. I happened to see a ranger walk by one day, walked by and then told my girlfriend wait up a sec. I ran back and talked to the guy for like a minute about who manages the land and who he worked for and stuff.

They post an opening at a different location a year later, I apply and the guy who calls me to setup an interview mentions he bumped into me a year ago. It’s the same dude. Had my interview today with him and the head guy and they were cool as fuck. Interview went on for an hour because we were just chopping it up. lm 90% sure they will offer it. They want me to live in a casita on a big ass reservation of land by myself and I’m down as fuck.

Thank god I took 10 seconds to go say what’s up to the dude.

Hombreezy

« Reply #41956 on: October 15, 2020, 05:10:26 PM »
Interview went really well. Man. A year ago I found a hiking area I really fell in love with. I happened to see a ranger walk by one day, walked by and then told my girlfriend wait up a sec. I ran back and talked to the guy for like a minute about who manages the land and who he worked for and stuff.

They post an opening at a different location a year later, I apply and the guy who calls me to setup an interview mentions he bumped into me a year ago. It’s the same dude. Had my interview today with him and the head guy and they were cool as fuck. Interview went on for an hour because we were just chopping it up. lm 90% sure they will offer it. They want me to live in a casita on a big ass reservation of land by myself and I’m down as fuck.

Damn dude you’re living your best life. Congratulations! Also keep an eye out for any missing 411 stuff.
Stoked I finally figured out nollie heels
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 06:15:12 PM by Hombreezy »

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41957 on: October 15, 2020, 07:09:59 PM »

Really stoked for you @50mm, the situation at the previous job sounded soul crushing and getting to work with conservation sounds right up your alley. You just never know with jobs; don't be afraid to put yourself out there and ask for things, you never know what may come from it.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1044
« Reply #41958 on: October 16, 2020, 09:13:10 AM »
Santa Ana winds during a fall morning at our new place. The wind goes through our avocado trees and hits just right. Some of the best days I had skating were in the fall with a dry breeze in the air. Always bring good nostalgia.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1352
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #41959 on: October 16, 2020, 10:23:43 AM »

that's what's up homie. good for you. where at?
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Featherdale wildlife park

« Reply #41960 on: October 17, 2020, 06:39:13 AM »

truthislie

• Rep: 54
« Reply #41961 on: October 18, 2020, 04:31:59 AM »
Met an old friend whoa getting back into skating at 37. He said last Time he went skating and some old Lady complained. He is not rebelling at that age of course but he told me he kind of enjoyed the situation. „I like that there are people that don’t understand it at all and we enjoy it so much. We always did it back in the day. Why stop now?“ Then he went on to complain that he can’t really find decks under 8 inches anymore haha.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #41962 on: October 18, 2020, 11:04:38 AM »
look how incredibly happy he is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl4fxNHUpvU

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #41963 on: October 19, 2020, 12:19:31 AM »
just remembered watching corey glick's part in souvenir with all my friends - all avid fans of alex g's released and unreleased stuff - and screaming at his last trick then screaming even louder that they used an alex g song that not a single one of us had ever heard before. it's the simple things  :)

for reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttGVq0t_jQo&ab_channel=ThrasherMagazine
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 09:41:58 PM by Hash Slinging Slasher »

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 132
« Reply #41964 on: October 19, 2020, 11:59:22 AM »

Wow that sounds like the last half of the Kerouc book, "The Dharma Bums."  Dude goes solo to a fire monitoring tower in either Oregon or Washington State, reads a lot, does yoga, and finds himself.  Great read.  Good luck. 

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41965 on: October 19, 2020, 12:00:45 PM »
Just got an email from this company I did some consulting work for from May-August.  They did paper checks for consultants.  According to the accounting dept. I have an uncashed check out there for $3,200.  Don't know how I missed that one.  I'm getting it now.   

ihatejulio

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1090
« Reply #41966 on: October 19, 2020, 01:21:00 PM »
just remembered watching corey glick's part in oddity with all my friends - all avid fans of alex g's released and unreleased stuff - and screaming at his last trick then screaming even louder that they used an alex g song that not a single one of us had ever heard before. it's the simple things  :)

for reference:

This part single handily started my love affair with (Sandy) Alex G. I went on a two-week road trip recently and the only cd's I brought were (Sandy) Alex G albums - unreleased and every C-side I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_aFZeZZHy8

Listening to this song during a sunset drive with the Pacific Ocean crashing against cliffsides to my left and giant redwoods towering overhead brought me such unimaginable joy.  So thank you Glick!  :)

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #41967 on: October 19, 2020, 09:33:33 PM »
Expand Quote
just remembered watching corey glick's part in souvenir with all my friends - all avid fans of alex g's released and unreleased stuff - and screaming at his last trick then screaming even louder that they used an alex g song that not a single one of us had ever heard before. it's the simple things  :)

for reference:
[close]

This part single handily started my love affair with (Sandy) Alex G. I went on a two-week road trip recently and the only cd's I brought were (Sandy) Alex G albums - unreleased and every C-side I could find.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_aFZeZZHy8

Listening to this song during a sunset drive with the Pacific Ocean crashing against cliffsides to my left and giant redwoods towering overhead brought me such unimaginable joy.  So thank you Glick!  :)
that's so sick! can't even how incredible that must've been, though i've definitely had many of my own moments while driving to alex g haha. glad such a good part turned you on to him.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 09:42:19 PM by Hash Slinging Slasher »

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #41968 on: October 20, 2020, 05:23:35 AM »
Just got an email from this company I did some consulting work for from May-August.  They did paper checks for consultants.  According to the accounting dept. I have an uncashed check out there for $3,200.  Don't know how I missed that one.  I'm getting it now.

Plans for it?
Everytime I come into money I'm reminded of George Costanza:
"Jerry, this is found money, I don't wanna save it!"
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

lampshade

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #41969 on: October 20, 2020, 06:59:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Plans for it?
Everytime I come into money I'm reminded of George Costanza:
"Jerry, this is found money, I don't wanna save it!"

I'm a responsible adult.  I've got a mortgage and bills.  Plus a two year old daughter.  No fun for me.  Plus I'm looking for a full time gig.  Independent consulting is too fickle when you have responsibilities.  Or I could just head to the local casino and put it all on black.