Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3059425 times)

DirtyBurger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42090 on: November 22, 2020, 04:10:12 PM »
Was wanting a tech deck to fuck around with and I searched amazon and found out you can get like professional fingerboards. They even sell aftermarket bushings and rails and shit. Had fun laughing at that for a minute.

Also for constipation it's all about Kombucha, I love that stuff.

Quasi

• Rep: -27
« Reply #42091 on: November 22, 2020, 05:23:54 PM »
Got a new football

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #42092 on: November 22, 2020, 05:41:38 PM »
I’ve got a short work week, my wife’s business is finally starting to make a little bit of money, I go to the doctor tomorrow to find out if I have hiv or any bloodborne pathogens from that syringe that stabbed me a while back. Sounds weird but I’m just ready to stop worrying about it ya know?

Also, my good homie hooked me up with a brand new pair of Indy hollows that I started skating jiggly loose and that’s just the coolest feeling in the fucking world. Shaking my board and hearing that jiggle makes so happy.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

munchbox

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • like….? brunch
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42093 on: November 23, 2020, 12:39:38 AM »
starting my pescatarian diet tomorrow. i model as a career and already have the dreaded eating disorder but looking into what i can eat with proper portioning, im stoked on being able to eat again without the crazy guilt and anxiety. gonna pick up some wild salmon, halibut, light canned tuna, and pacific cod tomorrow and finally learn how to cook for myself instead of relying on women.

also cutting down on my drinking. recently realized i had a drink daily for the last month or so and thats just stupid. saving it for the weekends and or special occasions, it will ruin me if i dont keep it under control. discipline is the mantra, might just get it tattooed to be safe though
while cool-guying is a real phenomenon, studies show that 83% of all cool-guying incidents can be attributed to the cool-guyee being an awkward weirdo

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 40
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #42094 on: November 23, 2020, 10:17:03 PM »
starting my pescatarian diet tomorrow. i model as a career and already have the dreaded eating disorder but looking into what i can eat with proper portioning, im stoked on being able to eat again without the crazy guilt and anxiety. gonna pick up some wild salmon, halibut, light canned tuna, and pacific cod tomorrow and finally learn how to cook for myself instead of relying on women.

also cutting down on my drinking. recently realized i had a drink daily for the last month or so and thats just stupid. saving it for the weekends and or special occasions, it will ruin me if i dont keep it under control. discipline is the mantra, might just get it tattooed to be safe though

good luck bro! I found i was drinking daily for the last few months so ive cut down to weekends and maybe a thursday if its been a hard hot day.
Also best of luck with that diet, its good to know to cook for yourself

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42095 on: November 24, 2020, 03:46:00 AM »
It's starting to really heat up here...
36 degrees tomorrow and 40 for my days off.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

girlfriendplease

• Rep: -22
  • i can shuv it, 5050, bslide, kickflip, and nocompl
« Reply #42096 on: November 24, 2020, 04:09:05 AM »
i put some of my own shit on the inside of my mask and breathed in shit all day just to punish myself for who i am and what i fail at.
i care

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42097 on: November 24, 2020, 09:51:41 PM »

You in sydney? Its 32 tomorrow and 33 friday and bloody 36 over the weekend where i am

theSketchLord

• https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
« Reply #42098 on: November 25, 2020, 04:25:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You in sydney? Its 32 tomorrow and 33 friday and bloody 36 over the weekend where i am

Adelaide, looks like most the country is going to get pretty hot.
3 days off, going for burritos, booze and sunsets tomorrow night.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #42099 on: November 25, 2020, 08:33:29 AM »
Landed my first proper fakie flip today, I always struggled so hard with fakie heel and flip but I think I got it now. I  spend most of my last sessions doing ollies (quick ones in a row over stuff) and it improved some of my other tricks somehow.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1377
« Reply #42100 on: November 25, 2020, 10:25:07 AM »
community radio. we've got a radio station out here that's absolutely and completely funded by listener donations. No commercials. No ad breaks. Plenty of local news. Democracy Now! and other lefty syndicated content like Mumia. Excellent music

Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #42101 on: November 25, 2020, 10:59:41 AM »
community radio. we've got a radio station out here that's absolutely and completely funded by listener donations. No commercials. No ad breaks. Plenty of local news. Democracy Now! and other lefty syndicated content like Mumia. Excellent music

That's sick!

In this small ass place we had a local radio station and one of my best friends was the dj. The company didnt even keep tabs on it. So we would pre program tracks we wanted to hear, and would also have friends call in requests. When he was on the air wede basically be busting jokes while drinking beers. Good times! It became really popular but as soon as the owners started listening,  it didnt last long before he was fired.

It was so crazy too. We were still in high school so we were talking shit about students and shit.
Gentleman ninja warlock

AlexOlsonsDashiki

• Rep: 39
« Reply #42102 on: November 25, 2020, 11:15:22 AM »
Got a job as a software engineer.

Finished up a web development program in september, started applying to places in august to hopefully have a job the first day classes ended. Almost 4 months of rejection letters. Stoked to have signed the employment contract yesterday. The funny thing is I applied to jobs that used tech stacks I knew and this job is using something I have to teach myself by Monday. Wish me luck.
Every time the McRib comes out I buy it. I don't even like the damn things.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
« Reply #42103 on: November 25, 2020, 04:31:32 PM »
Teaching 4th grade online and I have some kids who go above and beyond what is expected of them on the daily. I can't begin to imagine sitting my 4th grade self down in front of a computer during a global pandemic and actually learning from the glitchy conference call with some 20something dude talking about fractions, but these kids do and are doing well actually.

Of course it's not the case for all my students, but many of them are showing levels of independence that I know me or my fourth grade buddies could never exhibit.

The kids gon be alright.
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1922
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42104 on: November 26, 2020, 01:30:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Australia this time of year is hot as balls. Spent a week there for work last December, forest fires plus summer heat (40c) was killer.

Shalom on for the good stuff going on in your lives pals, I frequent this thread when I need to know shit is OK in this world.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42105 on: November 26, 2020, 01:35:01 PM »
Might be moving to a smaller house, with less people, way closer to the city centre. Could be very good.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42106 on: November 26, 2020, 11:16:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Australia this time of year is hot as balls. Spent a week there for work last December, forest fires plus summer heat (40c) was killer.

Shalom on for the good stuff going on in your lives pals, I frequent this thread when I need to know shit is OK in this world.

yeah bro, im hoping the fires arent too intense this year, i just moved to a small country ass town and the fear of bushfires is much realer now im no longer in sydney

theSketchLord

« Reply #42107 on: November 28, 2020, 06:22:15 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That's sick!

In this small ass place we had a local radio station and one of my best friends was the dj. The company didnt even keep tabs on it. So we would pre program tracks we wanted to hear, and would also have friends call in requests. When he was on the air wede basically be busting jokes while drinking beers. Good times! It became really popular but as soon as the owners started listening,  it didnt last long before he was fired.

It was so crazy too. We were still in high school so we were talking shit about students and shit.

I did the local Adelaide radio station hip hop show with a few mates for a year or two.
It was so much fun, getting high and just playing rap.
Sadly it ended when they realized none of us were actually studying at the Uni (a requirement to work there).

HombreezysShittyPasta

• Rep: -53
  • olive garden
« Reply #42108 on: November 28, 2020, 09:33:03 AM »
Weird choice of gif. Why are so many australians casually racist but think its all ok as soon as they play a few rap songs. Shits an embarassment

My morning dumps have been amazing recently. Zero constipation fully empty on drop and like 1.5 footers

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42109 on: November 28, 2020, 02:01:14 PM »
Weird choice of gif. Why are so many australians casually racist but think its all ok as soon as they play a few rap songs. Shits an embarassment

My morning dumps have been amazing recently. Zero constipation fully empty on drop and like 1.5 footers

Have you changed your diet up or anything?

HombreezysShittyPasta

• olive garden
« Reply #42110 on: November 29, 2020, 06:25:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Have you changed your diet up or anything?
Been slaying broccoli homie. Its not healthy to eat 3 giant meals rather than more and smaller meals but im so tired at the end of the day around 10 that i eat a small mountain of whatever leftovers plus some broccoli. Thanks for asking fr and people should bump the what are you eating thread more often. It also works as the recipe thread where dudes can show off a lil cooking skills etc plus its just nice to see

childhood

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 663
« Reply #42111 on: November 29, 2020, 08:32:55 AM »
Watching Jerry Hsu's Stay Gold part on mute, with "Mulholland Drive - LLorando (Crying) - English Subtitles" playing in the background

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1298
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #42112 on: November 30, 2020, 04:56:17 AM »
I got offered a box from a sex toy company today
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 332
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #42113 on: November 30, 2020, 08:09:01 AM »

I'm mixed race Australian and it's embarrassing how much casual racism is a part of people's personas here. Even among the most educated people in multicultural cities. They don't even realise. It's mind boggling.

iKobrakai

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -717
« Reply #42114 on: November 30, 2020, 08:21:44 AM »
I found every single Australian to be extremely patriotic. Very strange.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #42115 on: November 30, 2020, 09:12:15 AM »
Flying up to Fort Wayne right now. My favorite place to work, great skate park and a great local shop I always spend too much money at.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

mushroom slice

« Reply #42116 on: November 30, 2020, 09:15:23 AM »
I started drawing again. Pretty fun. Forgot how much I liked to draw.

HombreezysShittyPasta

• olive garden
« Reply #42117 on: November 30, 2020, 01:17:54 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'm mixed race Australian and it's embarrassing how much casual racism is a part of people's personas here. Even among the most educated people in multicultural cities. They don't even realise. It's mind boggling.
Every australian ive met were like callaum pauls unfortunately ya i dont understand why they travel. And its not that i want them to fake being polite or act as if theyre not racist because fuck a fake pc forced transparent interaction to begin with but the hate is deeply ingrained more so than other colonial nations. Its made me give up on them as people so long ago tbh. And its not like id let someone irl say some fucked up shit and walk away sneering but its made me give up on ever trying to be anything more than cold indifference and forced tolerance towards them when they are present. When i hear the accent now all doors are pretty much closed. Not even trying to bum you out homie i would still chill and skate with you. Actually ive met like 2 that were ok but 2 out of a sea of many is not a great ratio by any means

Right now im stoked to have a day of. Resting my legs. Some radio

Post up homie

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42118 on: November 30, 2020, 03:52:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Every australian ive met were like callaum pauls unfortunately ya i dont understand why they travel. And its not that i want them to fake being polite or act as if theyre not racist because fuck a fake pc forced transparent interaction to begin with but the hate is deeply ingrained more so than other colonial nations. Its made me give up on them as people so long ago tbh. And its not like id let someone irl say some fucked up shit and walk away sneering but its made me give up on ever trying to be anything more than cold indifference and forced tolerance towards them when they are present. When i hear the accent now all doors are pretty much closed. Not even trying to bum you out homie i would still chill and skate with you. Actually ive met like 2 that were ok but 2 out of a sea of many is not a great ratio by any means

Right now im stoked to have a day of. Resting my legs. Some radio

Expand Quote
[close]
Post up homie

Dont lump us all together tough guy, just cause you've met a few racist aussies does not mean all of us are....also if you close the doors when you hear another countrys accent you are probably as stupid in real llfe as you seem on here

HombreezysShittyPasta

• olive garden
« Reply #42119 on: November 30, 2020, 05:22:42 PM »
Just a few just a few lol. Not tough by any means. Dont be mad at the messeger homie just do better fr even your countryman agrees. Most travelers do too. Its made me not wanna visit there despite some beautiful nature smh. Well travels are fkin done now but im just glad i didnt