Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3056979 times)

Dr-Feelgood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42240 on: January 11, 2021, 04:06:55 PM »
I went to get an iced coffee and I saw this bum taking a shit

On the way back it occurred to me to go have a look at his shit, just to check it out sorta thing fuck me this cunts an absolute madlad look at this turd

Fucking magnificent ay, there’s a fly on it for scale

https://ibb.co/FxBybym

stoked on a homeless dudes turd, matty you are one of a kind my brother

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42241 on: January 12, 2021, 02:19:58 AM »
@matty_c absolutely gunning as early contender for poster of the year.

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42242 on: January 12, 2021, 03:06:39 AM »
Went to my new local coffee place (Uncle Puffyeyes) today and it's a full skate cafe setup.

Spent about an hour chatting to the owner about Heroin skateboards, the nine club and him setting up a small shop inside the cafe.
The coffee is amazing, they get cakes from a local vegan maker I know and there's a skatepark out the back.

"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 300
« Reply #42243 on: January 12, 2021, 04:32:22 AM »
That's classy mate @matty_c    ???

Haha.. hold my coffee I just got go take a picture of this street turd

Gary Bucket

• Rep: 42
« Reply #42244 on: January 12, 2021, 03:53:23 PM »
Went to my new local coffee place (Uncle Puffyeyes) today and it's a full skate cafe setup.

Spent about an hour chatting to the owner about Heroin skateboards, the nine club and him setting up a small shop inside the cafe.
The coffee is amazing, they get cakes from a local vegan maker I know and there's a skatepark out the back.

next time you see him tell him the next 3 words - "franchise, franchise, franchise"

or locals abroad recreate the trend, stoking small biz. i want one is all

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42245 on: January 12, 2021, 07:20:43 PM »
I've been ordering a bunch of boards from Taobao (China's Amazon) to find a quality board on par with US woodshops. After 4 batches I finally found a brand that ticks a lot of the boxes and was very stoked to set it up. Steep kicks and concave, long with a short wheelbase and subtle graphics that isn't riddled with copyright infringement. Only managed to skated it for an hour before the rain rolled in (its been raining for 4 days straight here), hopefully today works out better and I can get a longer session in.

Shalom everyone and fingers crossed for a better 2021.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #42246 on: January 13, 2021, 04:34:57 PM »
just got off the phone with my lawyer, i have an open case rn and it got reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor. was looking at a possible light sentence or major fines. looks like the defense fucked up and im in the clear fellas i find out tomorrow though.

no i cant talk about it but no its not a violent crime or anything cool. was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and have a bit of a record from when i was younger running around ny writing graffiti. hyped bout to smoke a fat one tn.

free max b
FREE MAX B

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1035
« Reply #42247 on: January 13, 2021, 04:41:27 PM »
just got off the phone with my lawyer, i have an open case rn and it got reduced from a felony to a misdemeanor. was looking at a possible light sentence or major fines. looks like the defense fucked up and im in the clear fellas i find out tomorrow though.

no i cant talk about it but no its not a violent crime or anything cool. was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and have a bit of a record from when i was younger running around ny writing graffiti. hyped bout to smoke a fat one tn.

free max b

???Prosecutor???

Sounds good. Catching an ‘F’ is no good. Plus it’s unlikely Max B would be your celly.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42248 on: January 13, 2021, 08:51:52 PM »
Been attempting to eat better and work out each day and im proud to say ive actually stuck to it for the past 15 days, worked out every day, been clean eating and no alcohol. Aiming to stick to it until the end of the month, ill keep working out after that but probably still go out for beers and shit

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42249 on: January 14, 2021, 12:59:51 AM »
Been attempting to eat better and work out each day and im proud to say ive actually stuck to it for the past 15 days, worked out every day, been clean eating and no alcohol. Aiming to stick to it until the end of the month, ill keep working out after that but probably still go out for beers and shit

Shit's good man, keep it going!

Piled out pretty hard in December, getting back into portion control and getting a regular workout schedule. Itching to test out the new fitness tracker I got, see how hard I can push these old bones.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Free Max B
« Reply #42250 on: January 14, 2021, 08:19:24 AM »
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

???Prosecutor???

Sounds good. Catching an ‘F’ is no good. Plus it’s unlikely Max B would be your celly.
major update: my case was dropped, very friggen hyped fellas. im already a felon for scribbling on shit that doesnt belong to me so i just always expect the worse case scenario. shouts out to covid though i guess, you gotta be on some real fuck shit to get sent up right now. everyones walking on everything non-violent, which i know some people arent too happy about but that shit definitely helped me out.

life sucks but it could always be worse, cherish your health buddies test your drugs before doing them.

unrelated but im pretty sure max was let out a few months ago when they started releasing everyone early that half qualified. dudes just laying low.

free max b if hes still in there tho
FREE MAX B

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42251 on: January 14, 2021, 08:29:24 AM »
Hell yes. Didn't want to have to start adding "free Pete" at the end of every post.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #42252 on: January 14, 2021, 08:46:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

free max b
[close]

???Prosecutor???

[close]
major update: my case was dropped, very friggen hyped fellas. im already a felon for scribbling on shit that doesnt belong to me so i just always expect the worse case scenario. shouts out to covid though i guess, you gotta be on some real fuck shit to get sent up right now. everyones walking on everything non-violent, which i know some people arent too happy about but that shit definitely helped me out.

life sucks but it could always be worse, cherish your health buddies test your drugs before doing them.

unrelated but im pretty sure max was let out a few months ago when they started releasing everyone early that half qualified. dudes just laying low.

free max b if hes still in there tho

Hell yeah dude!!

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Free Max B
« Reply #42253 on: January 14, 2021, 09:06:16 AM »
really appreciate it my dudes. this shits been hanging over my head since august, glad its over with. and just so nobody thinks im on some weirdo shit hiding anything ill break it down real quick. i was in a car that got pulled over for a traffic violation, they claimed they smelled weed so they checked the whole car and found some drugs (not mine). but the person they belonged to didnt man up and take the blame, so we all got brought in. my record is the only reason i was facing somewhat heavier charges. not blaming anyone but myself though, i chose to get in the whip that day even if i thought we were just going to the DIY. luckily i have a good atorney who was able to quickly and easily make them realize those drugs were not mine. wrong place wrong time is what it is.

if you ever get pulled over with your boys and have real drugs on you but dont man up and claim them as your own, especially when no one else in the car knows you even have them, you are a very shitty person.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42254 on: January 14, 2021, 09:34:07 AM »
i'm happy you remain a free man.

if you ever get pulled over with your boys and have real drugs on you but dont man up and claim them as your own, especially when no one else in the car knows you even have them, you are a very shitty person.

free max b

yeah, that shit sucks big time. an ex friend of mine did that shit to me and friends several times. always got lucky in the end, no sentences but a lot of hassle and close calls. fuck people like this.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42255 on: January 14, 2021, 12:20:36 PM »
Damn, something very similar happened to me when I was 19ish. Was in a car with some homies that had smoked earlier, they got pulled over for a traffic violation, asked me to hide the bong in the back, the cops saw me duck from the rear view mirror, almost got done for possession because I tried to hide it. Told them I lived in another country (true) so they told me how to get out of it. Thankfully I have a clean slate.

SmokinJuan

• Rep: -3
« Reply #42256 on: January 14, 2021, 06:56:01 PM »
Skating Mount Baldy!

HAven't done it. but hopefully in the NEAR FUTURE

https://www.boardcoast.com/skateparks/mount-baldy-pipeline/

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42257 on: January 14, 2021, 07:32:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Shit's good man, keep it going!

Piled out pretty hard in December, getting back into portion control and getting a regular workout schedule. Itching to test out the new fitness tracker I got, see how hard I can push these old bones.

Hell yeah bro, im feeling good about things, havent really missed the booze or snacks so im hoping i can stick with this. Probably the healthiest ive been in a long time, quit smoking last year, staying consistent and loving it. Good luck pushing the old bones brother !

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42258 on: January 15, 2021, 11:32:26 AM »
I got my stimulus payment today. This time it came in credit card form instead of a check. Anyone else get theirs? And what are you spending it on? Me? A new deck, pair of shoes, new winter coat, and the rest to my credit card bill.

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #42259 on: January 15, 2021, 02:12:49 PM »
Finally shelled out to get a new laptop !

I'm back !

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
« Reply #42260 on: January 15, 2021, 02:17:04 PM »
Finally shelled out to get a new laptop !

I'm back !

Sick, and congrats on your engagement earlier!

matty_c

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 459
« Reply #42261 on: January 15, 2021, 05:07:37 PM »
That's classy mate @matty_c    ???

Haha.. hold my coffee I just got go take a picture of this street turd

I’m spewing I didn’t have anything for scale I should have put my coffee cup in the frame
It was long enough but just the gauge on it
absolute deathturd

I should have got a picture of the bloke too cause he was still in the area, he kinda looked like shaggy from Scooby doo but on heroin
I remember thinking about it later that day like man that came out of his body
I mean he looked half dead anyway but I reckon it’s destroyed his arsehole, woulda had to
listen to cosmic psychos

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #42262 on: January 15, 2021, 05:39:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

next time you see him tell him the next 3 words - "franchise, franchise, franchise"

or locals abroad recreate the trend, stoking small biz. i want one is all

i've had this idea for years and already had stuff planned out, was looking for a good spot and wanted to look for funding last year, but no way this is gonna happen lest we get rid of covid. we've been in lockdown since start of november and coffee places can only serve to go cups and sell beans and shit. no lingering inside at all. you get your shit and have to bounce right away. you're not even allowed to drink the coffee outside. you have to take it around the corner or the shop will face fines. it's fucked. and despite lockdown, nothing changed about case numbers since december. it's just holding steady. it's definetly not gonna happen this year. probably try to get into uni to finally get a degree since i feel like my career in coffee/bars is pretty much done and work a damn warehouse to pay rent.

EDIT: sorry for this rant, should really be in the opposite thread of this

i'm stoked tho this still works elsewhere and happy for sketchlord to be able to hit that spot.

Glurmpz

« Reply #42263 on: January 15, 2021, 09:31:27 PM »
I used to have a small clothing brand in the big pants small wheels era, and then in the early 2000's I was making custom pants for friends, but it's been 11 years since I've sewn any pants. I found a completely cut out set of materials for a pair of brown cords in my old boxes of material, so I decided to give it a go once again. They turned out pretty damn good for my first crack at it in over a decade. I am stoked on this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKGAbLbF1Ac/

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #42264 on: January 16, 2021, 06:39:50 AM »
^

looks like a legit pant, i'd try.

maybe you should give this a go again.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Free Max B
« Reply #42265 on: January 16, 2021, 07:37:14 AM »
those look like some quality pants. what was the name of the brand? did it not work out bc you were making normal fitting clothes during the goofyboy era? these look good.

that being said all my best pants are always thrift store pairs ive gotten lucky with.

free max b
FREE MAX B

Glurmpz

« Reply #42266 on: January 16, 2021, 09:55:10 AM »
those look like some quality pants. what was the name of the brand? did it not work out bc you were making normal fitting clothes during the goofyboy era? these look good.

that being said all my best pants are always thrift store pairs ive gotten lucky with.

free max b

Thanks! The brand was called Droopies (lol) in the early 90's. Red Telephone since around 2006.

I only stopped making pants the first time because the big pants era ended. I sold a bunch during that time at Pro Skates in Halifax and directly to customers (and yes, they were huge. Purple denim. Green denim. Funky.). Then I started making pants agin for a little around 1996, just for a few friends. Then again around 2006 - 2010 doing custom orders for people around Vancouver. It was hard to convince men to pay a fair price for custom made pants, so I gave up after a while. Women often offered me $200+ to make them jeans but that's a whole other ballgame. It's a lot easier to make loose men's pants than tight women's pants that have to make their ass look good. I should have done it but I wasn't into making women's clothing.

These days I've been having trouble finding pants that fir exactly how I like them, so that's what motivated me to try making some again. That, and finding a whole set of pieces already cut out in a bag.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #42267 on: January 16, 2021, 11:20:29 AM »
I used to have a small clothing brand in the big pants small wheels era, and then in the early 2000's I was making custom pants for friends, but it's been 11 years since I've sewn any pants. I found a completely cut out set of materials for a pair of brown cords in my old boxes of material, so I decided to give it a go once again. They turned out pretty damn good for my first crack at it in over a decade. I am stoked on this.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKGAbLbF1Ac/

That'd be so cool if we find out when we die that God was a floating pair of pants.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #42268 on: January 16, 2021, 02:15:09 PM »
Sorry for the dirty ass floor, but I just got these prescription glasses from Zenni. I had to start wearing glasses about a year ago and I've been through like 5 pairs. These were $20 shipped, pretty hyped.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #42269 on: January 17, 2021, 01:51:48 PM »
Today I kickflipped the 7 stair at the park 3rd try, first try i fully committed. Doesn’t sound like much but I’ve been super injured this past year and slowly getting back in the swing of flip tricks down stairs.
Good shit. If you dont mind bringing it up, what was the most recent injury? Im curious how long it took you to feel confident enough to start skating stairs again