Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3056995 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42270 on: January 17, 2021, 02:21:50 PM »
Learned slappy front crook pop over on a double sided curb

Dr-Feelgood

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • Hello, i love you, won't you tell me your name?
« Reply #42271 on: January 17, 2021, 03:14:31 PM »
Today I kickflipped the 7 stair at the park 3rd try, first try i fully committed. Doesn’t sound like much but I’ve been super injured this past year and slowly getting back in the swing of flip tricks down stairs.

good stuff bro, i havent kickflipped a stairset in years... hell id be happy to kickflip a gutter first try these days. I am going to try to get my flip tricks back this year though....lost alot lately. Anyway stoked for ya bro

We may not know what skateboarding is
But we sure as hell know what it aint
Wait we know what it is now too -
Falling down and gettin back up

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #42272 on: January 17, 2021, 03:51:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Today I kickflipped the 7 stair at the park 3rd try, first try i fully committed. Doesn’t sound like much but I’ve been super injured this past year and slowly getting back in the swing of flip tricks down stairs.
[close]
Good shit. If you dont mind bringing it up, what was the most recent injury? Im curious how long it took you to feel confident enough to start skating stairs again
[close]
Thankyou! I nearly tore my ACL ollieing this little 3 block late last February/ early March. It was a freak accident type of thing but I lost all ability to take impact or skate good for a few months. Around July I started to ollie small sets again. 4-6 stairs max. But even then my leg didn’t feel fully healed so I would always slip out because I was landing with my weight uneven. Around late August or September I started confidentially ollieing most things again, still not doing much impact yet. Late November or so I stuck a kickflip down a 5. First time doing that since my injury. Ollied an 8 around the same time. Started consistently sticking kickflips down stairs at the end of lines in December but I could only roll away when I battled and didn’t do the line. Since January began I’ve had full confidence back. Kickflipped a street 5 stair on a mess around session earlier this week like 5th try so I was eager to kickflip something bigger like I used to. Today I got what I was looking for. Trying to get back tre flips down thing next.
Damn, sounds like you sort of had to ease back into skating last summer but that's sick you're back to feeling more on point on the board now.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #42273 on: January 18, 2021, 07:26:37 AM »
I'm going to the skatepark!!!!! And this painting is coming out sick.

I gotta try to do shit more

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #42274 on: January 18, 2021, 05:44:28 PM »
I recently started making stuff out of plastic and leather. I have a space to make it and finally decided on a name, I'm going to try a webstore and it's going to be called The GH, because of a stupid joke between my family. I just ordered stickers and they're going to be fun. 

This a really inside joke between him and I

I don't know I'm an idiot, but I'm having fun.

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42275 on: January 18, 2021, 07:15:46 PM »
Ive skated 3 times in the past week, cant remember the last time that happened, feeling good about it

Sifter

• Rep: 46
« Reply #42276 on: January 19, 2021, 01:22:13 AM »
mushies

Ms. Tamzarian

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 727
  • I like dork tricks :/
« Reply #42277 on: January 19, 2021, 05:48:41 PM »
OMFG Shalomies

Today while delivering food on the old uber eats shift, I saw a vanity plate ahead of me that read

And I shit you not

"LPQ"

I almost lost my fucking mind. Only shame is, I was on the highway so I couldn't safely snap a pic

Just know, it was glorious

xoxo ;D

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42278 on: January 20, 2021, 07:31:43 AM »
It's looking to get mad hot this weekend...
Like 39 degrees on Saturday and 41 on Sunday.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42279 on: January 20, 2021, 09:29:37 AM »
OMFG Shalomies

Today while delivering food on the old uber eats shift, I saw a vanity plate ahead of me that read

And I shit you not

"LPQ"

I almost lost my fucking mind. Only shame is, I was on the highway so I couldn't safely snap a pic

xoxo ;D

What's LPQ?

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #42280 on: January 20, 2021, 09:36:53 AM »
Expand Quote
OMFG Shalomies

And I shit you not

"LPQ"

xoxo ;D
[close]

What's LPQ?
one of the best to do it.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42281 on: January 20, 2021, 09:48:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
OMFG Shalomies

And I shit you not

"LPQ"

xoxo ;D
[close]

What's LPQ?
[close]
one of the best to do it.
Ohhhh oh oh oh, Links pics quotes. My b. <3

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #42282 on: January 20, 2021, 02:10:53 PM »
have a birthday today and didnt think much of it - im in quarantine for covid symptoms and working from home. but then saw that the undertaker was on rogan and its one of my guilty pleasures to dive into the 90s wrestling from my childhood. really cheered me up and made the work day much less depressing. hope everyone else can find the little things!

Garbagewagon

• Rep: 5
« Reply #42283 on: January 20, 2021, 02:14:35 PM »
I ordered a bicycle frame today. It was a steal and I'm looking forward to putting a bike together for the first time in a long time.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42284 on: January 20, 2021, 06:32:18 PM »
have a birthday today and didnt think much of it - im in quarantine for covid symptoms and working from home. but then saw that the undertaker was on rogan and its one of my guilty pleasures to dive into the 90s wrestling from my childhood. really cheered me up and made the work day much less depressing. hope everyone else can find the little things!
happy and shalom birthday dawg

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #42285 on: January 21, 2021, 01:33:11 PM »
Wife just gave birth to our 2nd son, both are healthy and we’re chilling in recovery. Shalom dudes.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42286 on: January 21, 2021, 02:09:18 PM »
Wife just gave birth to our 2nd son, both are healthy and we’re chilling in recovery. Shalom dudes.
Hell yeah brother, congratulations <3

Youoverthere

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #42287 on: January 22, 2021, 11:11:33 AM »
I just found my copy of spirt quest after misplacing it in a transworld outliers case.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

the natural butch reed

• Rep: -4
« Reply #42288 on: January 22, 2021, 03:40:50 PM »
i'm buying land to spite my ex. if i'm on the grid, i'll try to lay a patch of good flatground and stock it w/ marble benches.
if it's off the grid i'm just gonna build a cabin and shoot game. live like alex suppertramp.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1536
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #42289 on: January 22, 2021, 05:54:27 PM »
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42290 on: January 22, 2021, 11:06:31 PM »
Picked up a pack of 16-piece bones swiss for $40, splitting it with a homie!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #42291 on: January 23, 2021, 12:58:59 AM »

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42292 on: January 23, 2021, 07:55:44 AM »
i'm buying land to spite my ex. if i'm on the grid, i'll try to lay a patch of good flatground and stock it w/ marble benches.
if it's off the grid i'm just gonna build a cabin and shoot game. live like alex suppertramp.

You mean die?

cky enthusiast

« Reply #42293 on: January 23, 2021, 08:57:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

You mean die?

beat me to it- “you’re gonna die in the woods cause you didn’t know anything about living outdoors?”

Dr-Feelgood

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42294 on: January 23, 2021, 04:05:15 PM »
Going to see a band play live music this saturday for the first time in almost a year

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #42295 on: January 23, 2021, 09:11:30 PM »
Weird.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42296 on: January 24, 2021, 01:45:10 AM »
Good AM session with old friends, known these dudes for 15 years. Nice to shoot the shit, catch up on life.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Scott Chegg

• Rep: -5
« Reply #42297 on: January 24, 2021, 02:18:59 AM »
Been really bored because the UK is in lockdown again and can skate street, but only at night because it’s a bust. So I started remixing rough cuts and shit and I’m fucking stoked on them, have done 3 so far, they’re not amazing but I enjoy making them

https://youtu.be/6L2JHnyXmN0

https://youtu.be/-1lQVTiOkYE

https://youtu.be/8DWGKBq8CdE
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 02:27:13 AM by Scott Chegg »

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
  • Free Max B
« Reply #42298 on: January 24, 2021, 11:32:51 AM »
6 months clean today. again. Yes i am aware nobody, myself included, deserves praise for not doing drugs, and i wholeheartedly agree. the only reason I ever used drugs was to combat chronic debilitating pain while trying to live a "normal" productive life. which worked out well enough for 15 years, but that shit can only end one of 2 ways luckily i got myself some help over the summer instead of just waiting to get a bad batch and die.

Had 4 years clean before slipping up 6 months too, but life goes on. Shits not worth it, if anyones going through some shit and you want to get help but dont know where to start shoot me a PM. I know what its like not knowing who to talk to about any of this shit, its not as black and white as most people think. any of your boys still using are just gonna tell you to keep on it and Novak-type sober people are worse than the junkies, trying to drag you by the ear to whichever clinic gives them visa giftcards for bringing them new patients. I have no incentive to do anything but if anyone on slap needs someone to talk about the hellhole that is opiate addiction feel free to hit me up.

PS when i say clean i mean real drugs. ill be on the medical marijuana program until i do eventually die but im fine with that.
cherish your health buddies

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #42299 on: January 24, 2021, 12:08:30 PM »
6 months clean today. again. Yes i am aware nobody, myself included, deserves praise for not doing drugs, and i wholeheartedly agree. the only reason I ever used drugs was to combat chronic debilitating pain while trying to live a "normal" productive life. which worked out well enough for 15 years, but that shit can only end one of 2 ways luckily i got myself some help over the summer instead of just waiting to get a bad batch and die.

Had 4 years clean before slipping up 6 months too, but life goes on. Shits not worth it, if anyones going through some shit and you want to get help but dont know where to start shoot me a PM. I know what its like not knowing who to talk to about any of this shit, its not as black and white as most people think. any of your boys still using are just gonna tell you to keep on it and Novak-type sober people are worse than the junkies, trying to drag you by the ear to whichever clinic gives them visa giftcards for bringing them new patients. I have no incentive to do anything but if anyone on slap needs someone to talk about the hellhole that is opiate addiction feel free to hit me up.

PS when i say clean i mean real drugs. ill be on the medical marijuana program until i do eventually die but im fine with that.
cherish your health buddies

Free max b

Good shit pete! Glad your not one of those "sober means sober" assholes.

I've never really used hard drugs, but when I worked as an alternative therapies counselor at a rehab clinic, i really felt horrible watching people withdrawal.
Gentleman ninja warlock