Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057270 times)

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1351
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #42420 on: February 23, 2021, 11:48:56 AM »
Expand Quote
I was walking around taking pictures of buildings and signs and shit out here in queens like the translplant scum that I am. Didn't realize someone was right behind me when I stopped and whipped out my phone, and the dude was walking pretty fast and sorta had to sidestep me. Seemed kinda annoyed. When i turned around to look at him, it was bobby fucking puleo. i got in puleos way on the sidewalk. made my month dudes.
[close]

Imagine if you looked like Vivien Feil.

On topic, been skating my childhood spot a lot lately (solo) and it's such a spiritual experience every time having the empty plaza by myself and doing both new shit and shit I was already doing twenty years ago; one that seems to only get better with time, too. Today I even went with a childhood friend who no longer skates all that much but used to frequent the place with me all the time, too, which felt extra awesome.

yoooo, that's awesome. I know this feeling well. I started skating again when I drove back to the east coast last autumn. I was visiting my family and decided I was gonna push around town. I hadn't skated at all in about 5 years and was on a cruiser I'd found in a free pile, but I stopped at all the old spots on the 2mile route from the family house to downtown. Relearning how to board slide a bench on the same sticky, hacked wooden bench I did my first board slide on 20something years ago was beautiful. Digging into to that spatial memory bank, seeing the same cracks as well as new roots breaking through the concrete to create new bumps, the same dips still getting flooded, sewer caps fresh as ever, was uplifting and I'm still riding that high. Stoked to read your experience, homie. 
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #42421 on: February 23, 2021, 05:11:55 PM »
I got to pet a fellow Slapper's dog for a few minutes today outside of my work in Queens. Before that I was feeling pretty low  and that doggo turned my mood around. Dogs and cats are the best.

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42422 on: February 26, 2021, 08:58:01 AM »
Went on a big giant bike ride today all around my city. Went way farther than I planned, but it was great. Starting a new job on Monday and I'll hopefully be able to get a couple hundred euro off of a new fancy bike through a government allowance scheme. Following COVID restrictions and the Winter weather, it's so nice to just leave the house and go outside all day. It's literally a breath of fresh air.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #42423 on: February 26, 2021, 09:34:20 AM »
Went on a big giant bike ride today all around my city. Went way farther than I planned, but it was great. Starting a new job on Monday and I'll hopefully be able to get a couple hundred euro off of a new fancy bike through a government allowance scheme. Following COVID restrictions and the Winter weather, it's so nice to just leave the house and go outside all day. It's literally a breath of fresh air.
Grats on the life bangers

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #42424 on: February 26, 2021, 09:57:38 AM »
ITS WARMIN UP !!!!!

sbmfj

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #42425 on: February 26, 2021, 11:40:23 AM »
its finally Friday!

Enjoy the weekend all!

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #42426 on: February 26, 2021, 07:04:25 PM »
i got the Butter Goods Philly S jeans today. very very nice

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #42427 on: February 26, 2021, 07:21:27 PM »
ITS WARMIN UP !!!!!

I feel this.  The weather gods are blessing us with an early spring.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #42428 on: February 26, 2021, 10:50:40 PM »

oh sick. mind posting a pic how they fit? was thinking about getting them, but i can't try em on.

Hombreezy

« Reply #42429 on: February 27, 2021, 06:51:41 PM »
Was trying to get bs 50 50s more consistent and accidentally learned bs smith- one of my dream tricks
« Last Edit: February 27, 2021, 07:15:08 PM by Hombreezy »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1891
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #42430 on: February 28, 2021, 12:39:16 AM »
Was trying to get bs 50 50s more consistent and accidentally learned bs smith- one of my dream tricks

Bucket list trick for me too, any advice?

A buddy I've been skating for 15 years (on and off) learned and landed his first frontside noseslide today. He was not the best on his board but he was always tenacious, always smiling. Late last year he decided to put more time into skateboarding after years off and he's the most consistent guy of the homies to turn up on weekend AM sessions, he sleep early so he is usually the one to give everyone the wake up call too. He learned front boards, front shoves and heelflips in the span of a few months; stoked to see his dedication pay off, on top of being a consistent friend.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #42431 on: February 28, 2021, 01:54:52 AM »
Sun is finally shining and most of snow has melted away, been skating street two days now in a row after longest winter ever. Been skating 4 times in past 6months before this weekend so I’m beyond stoked.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

Hombreezy

« Reply #42432 on: February 28, 2021, 08:04:03 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Bucket list trick for me too, any advice?

A buddy I've been skating for 15 years (on and off) learned and landed his first frontside noseslide today. He was not the best on his board but he was always tenacious, always smiling. Late last year he decided to put more time into skateboarding after years off and he's the most consistent guy of the homies to turn up on weekend AM sessions, he sleep early so he is usually the one to give everyone the wake up call too. He learned front boards, front shoves and heelflips in the span of a few months; stoked to see his dedication pay off, on top of being a consistent friend.
I was trying to do bs 50-50 on a knee height( maybe slightly taller) box. I kept making that mistake where I’d ollie and turn bs good but I didn’t ollie out far/high enough, so my feet and body weight would land perfect on the ledge while the board would be just a few centimeters short and land on the ground parallel to the box. To fix this I started trying to ollie higher, but a lot of the time I was landing in bs feeble. I was now neglecting the bs turn. So I kept ollieing higher like before but now I was almost over exaggerating the bs turn. Started landing in perfect bs smith position. I think I used my back foot to really help me get that extra turn.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #42433 on: February 28, 2021, 08:13:48 AM »
I've been skating more than I haven't been skating......

Youoverthere

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
« Reply #42434 on: February 28, 2021, 09:24:13 AM »
The homie and I bricked and lacquered a new ledge yesterday after work and we both have the day off to sesh it.

it must be crazy when chico sells you something and the tables switch from "give me my money chico" to "giving my money to chico"

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #42435 on: February 28, 2021, 10:38:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh sick. mind posting a pic how they fit? was thinking about getting them, but i can't try em on.
got you tomorrow.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42436 on: February 28, 2021, 10:40:04 PM »
The homie and I bricked and lacquered a new ledge yesterday after work and we both have the day off to sesh it.

Need some pics on that.

In a similar vein a couple of locals built a long ledge and manual pad at a dogshit park we had, imagine a roller rink on concrete, long, narrow with zero obstacles. The ledge looks amazing but simple, they used cinder blocks for 95% of the construction. Great move for the local community and I can't wait to skate it this weekend.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #42437 on: March 01, 2021, 10:21:42 AM »
Watching D'angelo Verzuz is so dope. Plus its my girlfriend birthday

theSketchLord

• Rep: 41
    • https://images.scribblelive.com/2021/1/4/ca9a0ca8-586d-41e3-ad94-131825707ea0.gif avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #42438 on: March 01, 2021, 06:12:14 PM »
My copy of City of Rats the slam city skates DVD just arrived.
Haggled some mum on eBay from 35 to 25 bucks.
Stoked.
"Broke the tail, like a well oiled snail"

Neil

• Rep: 13
« Reply #42439 on: March 02, 2021, 09:34:17 PM »
Losing 20 pounds this past year

Having a huge shed built in our backyard to store bikes, surfboards, and skate stuff

New daughter

The dumbass new home developers who built a PERFECT drainage ditch on a slight downhill = no push surf lines. The only thing that would make it better is if it were mirrored so I could hit it frontside but I ain't complaining. I'll enjoy it while I can. I can tell the homeowners don't like me and someone may knob it soon.

carlosthelizard

• Rep: 0
« Reply #42440 on: March 03, 2021, 02:48:58 PM »
Landed a frontside 50-50 on a flatbar today first try.

I haven't skated a rail since I was 13 and slipped out on my back,  I am 31 now (and pretty much just stick to building DIY and skating tranny).

So stoked to have defeated a stupid phobia.

Finally gonna skate rails again; I thought maybe I wouldn't be able to for the rest of my life.

silhouette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1568
« Reply #42441 on: March 05, 2021, 10:43:17 AM »
This photo, look at those wheels:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CMCpG5UHmIj/

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #42442 on: March 05, 2021, 01:00:43 PM »
Ordered 2 pairs of the Lakai Telfords

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42443 on: March 06, 2021, 03:41:43 PM »
Went from skating maybe two times in 2020 to skating twice in a week. Feeling great to be back on board.

animalflesh

« Reply #42444 on: March 06, 2021, 08:51:18 PM »
Went from skating maybe two times in 2020 to skating twice in a week. Feeling great to be back on board.

I gotta get back at it

Glad to see I’m not alone

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42445 on: March 07, 2021, 01:02:56 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I gotta get back at it

Glad to see I’m not alone

Shalom guys, get out there and push around.

Had a good 2 days skating a new DIY spot, some guys built 2 ledges out of cinderblock and both are a good time. Managed to get a BS Tailslide on the taller one within 10-ish tries? Last weekend I spent 2 hours just to land one on a taller ledge, 60% of it was spent riding up and trying to get out of my head. Today things just felt right and I just went for it with minimal time spent psyching myself up, so I'm pleased with the progress.

At the end of the session one, one of the long time friends told me he and his wife were expecting, which was rad. They were trying for a long time in 2020, this year the stars aligned and they have a bun 10 weeks in the oven.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
« Reply #42446 on: March 08, 2021, 09:50:04 PM »
Things are warming up. Went out a skated flat for a bit and the sun was amazing.

Also, I'm going to buy some new bushings and a new board soon, which will be awesome. I love the bones bushings, but I seem to tear through them pretty quickly, not sure what the deal is.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Grind King Rims

« Reply #42447 on: March 09, 2021, 11:59:55 AM »
Things are warming up. Went out a skated flat for a bit and the sun was amazing.

Also, I'm going to buy some new bushings and a new board soon, which will be awesome. I love the bones bushings, but I seem to tear through them pretty quickly, not sure what the deal is.

I've had the exact same experience. They feel amazing as soon as I put them on, but they always break after a couple of weeks. I thought at first that I was tightening them too much or something, but I went through 4 sets the same way and I always kept an eye on how tight they were.

They feel so good, but it's annoying to always have the risk of my truck going flaccid in the middle of a session.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 964
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #42448 on: March 09, 2021, 02:19:38 PM »
Is pretty good start

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)