Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3062739 times)

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2204
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43050 on: November 05, 2021, 03:17:35 PM »
had surgery morning, i'm high on oxycotton lol
You get in a fight w/ your skateboard again, or fixing the residual damage from y’all’s last scrap?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Easy Slider

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #43051 on: November 06, 2021, 01:57:07 AM »
had surgery morning, i'm high on oxycotton lol
How did it go?
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43052 on: November 06, 2021, 04:46:04 AM »
Expand Quote
You get in a fight w/ your skateboard again, or fixing the residual damage from y’all’s last scrap?
[close]
The latter, plica syndrome and they cut up some scar tissue as well. Everything is okay  :D

Expand Quote
How did it go?
[close]

Great! The doctor was unsure if he could get away with just scoping the knees and would have to fillet them. Luckily he's super talented and got away with just scoping. Should be able to skate again in a month instead of six.  ;D Couldn't possibly be happier.

I am happy to hear that.  8)
why come?

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #43053 on: November 06, 2021, 12:19:16 PM »
I finished a song I really really like. Just need to be mixed and master properly.
check my music

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43054 on: November 07, 2021, 12:31:43 AM »
I was skating this bank spot alone trying pop shove its when a crew showed up and one dude was super good, probably shop flow or something, and started doing nollie 360s with a dude filming. They were cool and encouraged me to keep skating and when I finally got a mediocre pop shuv they cheered exaggeratedly.
why come?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43055 on: November 07, 2021, 09:45:05 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The latter, plica syndrome and they cut up some scar tissue as well. Everything is okay  :D

Expand Quote
How did it go?
[close]

Great! The doctor was unsure if he could get away with just scoping the knees and would have to fillet them. Luckily he's super talented and got away with just scoping. Should be able to skate again in a month instead of six.  ;D Couldn't possibly be happier.

Glad to hear the good news @PuffinMuffin   

@Seventyfuhkinseven I look forward to seeing the Dunks and OG SC Dressen slick in the set up thread. Is it the one where the add was him board sliding on the Venice curbs? I have a vague memory of that graphic.

I had a migraine for a couple of days and it's currently dissipating. If it goes away I might go skating for a little bit this afternoon , but either way I'm stoked to not be in that pain. The local bike shop ordered me a trainer so I can do PT and exercise in the mornings before work and try and get some of my strength back. My 2nd degree burns are healing and the scarring isn't going to be too bad. And I mentioned this in another thread but I got fired from a very toxic freelance job and immediately got picked up at a better job that I don't hate. So that's nice.

Fhk

« Reply #43056 on: November 07, 2021, 10:54:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
How did it go?
[close]

[close]

@Seventyfuhkinseven I look forward to seeing the Dunks and OG SC Dressen slick in the set up thread. Is it the one where the add was him board sliding on the Venice curbs? I have a vague memory of that graphic.

I had a migraine for a couple of days and it's currently dissipating. If it goes away I might go skating for a little bit this afternoon , but either way I'm stoked to not be in that pain. The local bike shop ordered me a trainer so I can do PT and exercise in the mornings before work and try and get some of my strength back. My 2nd degree burns are healing and the scarring isn't going to be too bad. And I mentioned this in another thread but I got fired from a very toxic freelance job and immediately got picked up at a better job that I don't hate. So that's nice.
@funeral_tuxedo I will make sure I do that. I definitely plan on skating them. I actually don't know that photo of Dressen but I'm gonna go search for it bud. I hope things keep getting better for you, and that today's session is fun.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43057 on: November 07, 2021, 01:10:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
How did it go?
[close]

[close]

[close]
@funeral_tuxedo I will make sure I do that. I definitely plan on skating them. I actually don't know that photo of Dressen but I'm gonna go search for it bud. I hope things keep getting better for you, and that today's session is fun.

Thanks. Is it this slick?
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4OE2LlxxWrc/SQkIB7ghdZI/AAAAAAAACLg/k0aQPe0GL7I/s1600-h/theworst.jpg
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 01:46:30 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

Fhk

« Reply #43058 on: November 07, 2021, 04:46:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
How did it go?
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Thanks. Is it this slick?
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_4OE2LlxxWrc/SQkIB7ghdZI/AAAAAAAACLg/k0aQPe0GL7I/s1600-h/theworst.jpg
No it's the red one with Santa Cruz written multiple times from nose to tail. I am old enough to remember that ad though! I wonder if the Everslicks were the same shape back then.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 05:14:25 PM by Seventyfuhkinseven »

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43059 on: November 07, 2021, 05:03:50 PM »

I enter so many fucking raffles and I actually won. Gundam has huge sentimental meaning to me, so this is fucking amazing.

Damn what a score, 90% of the recent dunk releases are forgettable or ugly but this series is beautiful.

Had a really good session with homies yesterday, first time with them after I recovered from COVID. In the few rounds of ledge / rail SKATE we went hard landed some harder stuff on offense and defense.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #43060 on: November 09, 2021, 07:59:34 AM »
new tripod

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #43061 on: November 09, 2021, 09:53:59 AM »
My dad offered to change the oil on my lawn mower since I barely have time to mow the damn grass. Sharpened the blade too. He stopped by to drop it off today and left me with a two new levis shirts, one flannel and a button up. What a fuckin guy.

Andmoreagain

• Rep: 52
« Reply #43062 on: November 09, 2021, 10:10:53 AM »
Man your dad sounds cool.

I've started looking into buying a house. Realized that while I can't afford to buy in the Boston area where I live now, I can afford to buy in west mass and downeast Maine. Two of my favorite places. Getting really stoked checking some places out.

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #43063 on: November 09, 2021, 12:05:45 PM »
Flossing my teeth on mushrooms. Feels pretty dope

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #43064 on: November 09, 2021, 07:55:08 PM »
What does it feel like?
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

EdLawndale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1101
    • My Wife avatar image
« Reply #43065 on: November 09, 2021, 09:40:37 PM »
Good job guys
"Was just about to say, wtf is up with this EdLawndale guy?"

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #43066 on: November 10, 2021, 05:42:08 AM »
homie at the shop gave me a discount on my new board, saved 15 bucks
I bought a reverb pedal and a weird ass out dated instrument that looks super fun
check my music

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 364
« Reply #43067 on: November 10, 2021, 05:58:56 AM »
I bought a reverb pedal and a weird ass out dated instrument that looks super fun

Congrats. What reverb did you get?
Also, go on about this strange instrument..

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #43068 on: November 10, 2021, 07:01:30 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Congrats. What reverb did you get?
Also, go on about this strange instrument..

The intrument was not really an instrument at the time of conception, it's a Akai riff o Matic. It was used to learn guitare. Bascially you record something or play somthing and you can time strectch it. But I ve seen a video of someone fucking around with it and I love the result. It gives a lot of room with sample and gives a weird glitchy sound. I feel that with good sample or field recording sound, it could sound marvelous.

and the reverb is a FENDER MARINE LAYER REVERB

Also I have my eye on a SP202 that is not expensive but I don't know if that is very serious.
check my music

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43069 on: November 10, 2021, 07:30:19 AM »
the animal kingdom. lions are so gnarly. but hippos can sometimes win against them

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #43070 on: November 10, 2021, 08:03:52 AM »
hispanic heritage show at school today was pretty sick and i got to miss math

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1483
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43071 on: November 11, 2021, 10:12:54 AM »
Happy Veterans Day to all my fellow veterans. Thanks for sharing your sea stories here.

One of my favorite memories of serving is when one of my shipmates on the Blue Ridge saw me out in town skateboarding. He said, "No wonder you're fucking cool. You skateboard."

offkilter

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 263
« Reply #43072 on: November 11, 2021, 02:22:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
What does it feel like?

Minty inside the brain

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #43073 on: November 12, 2021, 10:04:03 PM »
my first video part premiered tonight  8)

thanksgiving

• Rep: 214
« Reply #43074 on: November 12, 2021, 11:38:26 PM »
congrats! got a link?

Dead to Me

« Reply #43075 on: November 13, 2021, 06:53:44 AM »
Was it from that video called "Tasteful" that premiered last night in Brooklyn?

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43076 on: November 13, 2021, 08:00:44 AM »

Rad. Congrats @fredgallSOTY
Looking forward to you posting it up when its available to do so.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #43077 on: November 13, 2021, 08:23:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Was it from that video called "Tasteful" that premiered last night in Brooklyn?
hahaha no. havent lived in NY for awhile but im saving up to make it back

milwaukee vid me and my homies made. nothing crazy but we got a really good reception from the scene and it was really crazy to see. my part isn't my favorite but i filmed it in 6 days so its solid for what it is.

i'll send a link once its online to everybody

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #43078 on: November 13, 2021, 09:20:43 PM »
Biebel's stories. Really brining the vibes lately.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #43079 on: November 14, 2021, 04:36:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote
How did it go?
[close]

This brings me hope, I have some cartilage damage in my right knee so hearing someone got away with just scoping takes away a lot of anxiety. Out of curiosity, did you ever need injections for your knee (PRP or anything like that)?