Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057067 times)

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43080 on: November 13, 2021, 08:00:44 AM »
my first video part premiered tonight  8)

Rad. Congrats @fredgallSOTY
Looking forward to you posting it up when its available to do so.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #43081 on: November 13, 2021, 08:23:06 AM »
Expand Quote
my first video part premiered tonight  8)
[close]
Was it from that video called "Tasteful" that premiered last night in Brooklyn?
hahaha no. havent lived in NY for awhile but im saving up to make it back

milwaukee vid me and my homies made. nothing crazy but we got a really good reception from the scene and it was really crazy to see. my part isn't my favorite but i filmed it in 6 days so its solid for what it is.

i'll send a link once its online to everybody

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #43082 on: November 13, 2021, 09:20:43 PM »
Biebel's stories. Really brining the vibes lately.

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #43083 on: November 14, 2021, 04:36:42 AM »
Expand Quote
You get in a fight w/ your skateboard again, or fixing the residual damage from y’all’s last scrap?
[close]
The latter, plica syndrome and they cut up some scar tissue as well. Everything is okay  :D

Expand Quote
How did it go?
[close]

Great! The doctor was unsure if he could get away with just scoping the knees and would have to fillet them. Luckily he's super talented and got away with just scoping. Should be able to skate again in a month instead of six.  ;D Couldn't possibly be happier.

This brings me hope, I have some cartilage damage in my right knee so hearing someone got away with just scoping takes away a lot of anxiety. Out of curiosity, did you ever need injections for your knee (PRP or anything like that)?

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 74
« Reply #43084 on: November 16, 2021, 08:17:08 AM »
new squirrel menu. half dried apple slices in a covering of broken peanut skins. not the shells. kinda like brittle for them. they gotta fatten up for the winter

yapple dapple

• Rep: 155
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43085 on: November 16, 2021, 09:34:26 PM »
I got two tickets to the Czarface show this coming Sunday. $25 a piece! It's been at least 2 years since I've been to a show. Morrissey was the last one I went to at Bill Graham.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #43086 on: November 17, 2021, 09:40:15 AM »
Stocked on my own skating, I am having a lot of fun lately. I landed some of the best heelflips of my life today, full speed, perfect catch, bolts. It felt so good.
I have tickets to see Caribou, Big Thief, Shabbaz Palace in 2022. Good times ahead

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43087 on: November 20, 2021, 09:36:41 AM »
My brother came out big time with early xmas gifts.

1 pair of skate shoes (Nike SB Alleyoop) and 1 pair of fancy running shoes with the carbon fiber plates. He knows I do a lot of running so the shoes are fucking tight.

He was a dick to me and the family over the past few years but has definitely come around in recent time. We never do gift exchanges but he came out swinging, now I feel I have to go big closer to xmas.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #43088 on: November 20, 2021, 02:38:22 PM »
Landed my first clean sw heel today, I also landed on 3 others but my board slept away. I think I understand it now, mostly how to stay above it. funnny thing is that it was the end of a 3 hours session of non stop skating. I was about to go home and almost landed one clean, I sent a text to a friend that I was suppose to meet right after to tell I 'll be late and told my self that I had 30 min to get one. After a year of trying to learn,  it feels good.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43089 on: November 22, 2021, 03:45:21 PM »
youtube videos about greek myths regarding gingers being vampires

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #43090 on: November 23, 2021, 05:46:07 AM »
Took my girlfriend skating last weekend. It was her first time ever, she used my cruiser board with big ass wheels. She did better then I expected, learned to roll around pretty nice and since then she has been bugging me to go again. I will buy her a complete cruiser for christmas, so that she can build it herself, and we can cruise to get coffee and shit, so Im pretty hyped on that.

JB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 858
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #43091 on: November 23, 2021, 05:59:22 AM »
Took my girlfriend skating last weekend. It was her first time ever, she used my cruiser board with big ass wheels. She did better then I expected, learned to roll around pretty nice and since then she has been bugging me to go again. I will buy her a complete cruiser for christmas, so that she can build it herself, and we can cruise to get coffee and shit, so Im pretty hyped on that.

Thats sick! What kinda set up are you gonna get her?

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #43092 on: November 23, 2021, 06:50:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thats sick! What kinda set up are you gonna get her?

Haha thanks. I have some Venture 6.1 (I think, the 8,75 ones) on the cruiser (On my normal board, I skate 151 Thunders, but I find the Ventures a little more stable, so maybe some 8.25/8.5 Ventures, since she is not that tall, but I want her to feel safe), some bones softs 60s, or Minilogos, whatever the guys at the shop will have. And for board, my cruiser is 8.5, so maybe 8.25 for her, so its not that heavy but still a lot of room. Brand, I dont care, probably something girly and colorful. Maybe a Welcome, they have some at the local. Bearings will be Reds, I have those too and they work well. For normal setup I have swiss, but 50 Euros for bearings on a cruiser is a little too much I think.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2021, 08:25:10 AM by Filip »

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43093 on: November 24, 2021, 03:05:47 PM »
I randomly found a free youtube upload of Heat. Its low quality / res but I'm on a Michael Mann kick.

I threw together a little wheel stay out of scrap wood from work and it's helped me do more bike pt at home before and after work. Finally getting some real exercise and it's really helping my mental and physical health.

My ankle is starting to feel stronger and I might skate the indoor park this winter.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2021, 07:35:46 PM by funeral_tuxedo »

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #43094 on: November 24, 2021, 03:32:46 PM »
Ended up finding a super sick d.i.y. spot while mistakenly turning on the wrong street.

Fhk

« Reply #43095 on: November 26, 2021, 12:09:51 PM »

I can't justify taking advantage of Black Friday deals but two Pals came through with the goods at my PO today.
Thanks @PuffinMuffin  for the second round of dope stickers! and to @Ok for the Worrest 5.8s

DISTANT RUMOURS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 394
« Reply #43096 on: November 26, 2021, 12:19:55 PM »
I live in Belgium and last wednesday i got a message from a friend that said they wete playing my music on a station in Chicago.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
« Reply #43097 on: November 28, 2021, 02:38:53 PM »
This is my 1000th post, i'm pal'd up! stoked on that.

First post was almost 11 years ago. That is insane:

I was playing Thrasher Skate and Destroy and... I've always wondered. Where is this "Freedumb" logo from?  A google for the term returns a bunch about the Suicidal Tendencies album. I literally have no clue. I remember seeing it ingame in like 1999-2000 and not knowing what it was even then.

I don't have some inflated sense that internet post count means anything, but nonetheless i have been thinking about the last 10 years lately and how much great shit has come to me via these boards. thank you to every weirdo that stirred some shit up and made this place interesting and worth checking every day -- pete, gipper, ISUCK, COTG, the list is endless. Thank you Bronze 56k, Johnny Wilson, Palace, Jenkem, mandible claw, the Sect, Pyramid country! weckingball, fuck you. RIP rusty berrings and 360 frip. thanks mods past present and future, shoutout everyone that posts in the new and upcoming shoe thread, everyone that ever ripped an ISO, or made a stylin on you photoshop. I would choose to poop out a softball without a doubt.

lastly here's a nik stain gif

https://gfycat.com/ornatemajesticarthropods

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 962
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43098 on: November 29, 2021, 01:37:42 PM »

Happy Hanukkah slap. I luv all you. Werd up to everyone out there tryna create positive change in the real world.
Making art against violence and hate is the move for 2022.
This is going to be my most productive year. I hope everyone is safe and happy
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

formula420

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43099 on: November 29, 2021, 09:05:31 PM »
I randomly found a free youtube upload of Heat. Its low quality / res but I'm on a Michael Mann kick.

https://youtu.be/Imhcq5s9OLs

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 495
« Reply #43100 on: November 30, 2021, 03:50:16 PM »
Looking healthy Flea Dogg, keep on keepin on.

Hinna

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43101 on: December 01, 2021, 08:57:06 AM »
squirrel lunch buffet prepared. good amount of health store walnuts and apples. jug of water for them as well

ok boomer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1027
  • Gnar Kook
« Reply #43102 on: December 01, 2021, 12:50:45 PM »
Watching Highway to Heaven on Prime. Not every episode is gold... but.. this one is good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AQfCtf7N-4

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #43103 on: December 01, 2021, 02:06:30 PM »
Only halfway through the new Cowboy Bebop live action and I went in expecting to hate it but I honestly really like it. Black Jet, queer Faye, and just the freedom of everyone still doing whatever they feel like in space is cool as hell to me.

Also how is John Cho a year from 50 and still looking like that? What a hunk.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #43104 on: December 01, 2021, 04:41:58 PM »
Only halfway through the new Cowboy Bebop live action and I went in expecting to hate it but I honestly really like it. Black Jet, queer Faye, and just the freedom of everyone still doing whatever they feel like in space is cool as hell to me.

Dude right, the first couple of episodes were rough until they found their grove. Didn't know John Cho is pushing the big 5-0, damn. I feel the cartoon version is better though.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43105 on: December 01, 2021, 07:10:24 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dude right, the first couple of episodes were rough until they found their grove. Didn't know John Cho is pushing the big 5-0, damn. I feel the cartoon version is better though.

Anime version you filthy casual!

Really liking the new blank I got to save a few bucks. I recently discovered a video on the physics of a kickflip, just by popping lighter I was getting a much more consistent, levelled and controlled kickflip. Going to apply that lighter pop theory to all my tricks from now on.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Ayanami

• Rep: 55
« Reply #43106 on: December 02, 2021, 12:00:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Anime version you filthy casual!

Really liking the new blank I got to save a few bucks. I recently discovered a video on the physics of a kickflip, just by popping lighter I was getting a much more consistent, levelled and controlled kickflip. Going to apply that lighter pop theory to all my tricks from now on.
I think I know what video your talking about! I got the tre flip one randomly come on after letting my YouTube auto play some Snail Mail and I ended up watching a few of those videos. Good stuff in them.

Also you can never beat the original anime but this is one of the first live actions I’ve seen that actually did a pretty good job.
i like the tiny headed bear who says nice stuff to everyone.

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 257
« Reply #43107 on: December 02, 2021, 04:11:23 AM »
It's my birthday, I just had curly fries for breakfast and the King of Macba final is out later, I'm 30 years old hahaha

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #43108 on: December 02, 2021, 04:25:01 AM »
It's my birthday, I just had curly fries for breakfast and the King of Macba final is out later, I'm 30 years old hahaha

User name checks out. Happy birthday tho. Ah, to be 30 again.  8)
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #43109 on: December 02, 2021, 04:41:22 AM »

Happy Birthday!!!
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast