Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3061878 times)

lilboosie and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43200 on: January 25, 2022, 03:48:43 PM »
got a sweet washing machine from Craigslist. Running an empty bleach load for cleaning right now. no more laundry mat is fucking sweet
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #43201 on: January 26, 2022, 12:02:08 PM »
i randomly came across this

what an epic and beautiful human and a such a bad ass...

...but then after coming across that, i read that:

"After Carrie died, a little girl dressed as Jyn Erso went to a con with her Dad and delivered the Death Star plans to every Princess Leia there that they could find...and she left her last one at the memorial for Carrie."

i'm not even into the Star Wars craze too heavily or usually give much of a fuck about actors' lives and shit, but fuck, how absolutely excellent is that...so i had to look this up, and found this little epic human, and it just kind of made my day...

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #43202 on: January 26, 2022, 12:08:17 PM »
Research director gave me the go to submit my abstract for a conference paper with no modification. Straight first draft. She said it's the first time, I'm pretty stoked

Sightunseen

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #43203 on: January 26, 2022, 12:36:06 PM »
Someone broke into my car the week of thanksgiving and stole my skateboard from my backseat. Fast forward to a few days ago, I’m looking on FB marketplace for a set of trucks to set up some old stuff I had laying around to finally get rolling again. After scrolling for a minute I recognized a familiar board. MY BOARD. Looked at the guys profile and was all stolen car parts and shit. Inquired about the board, got his address and work. Arranged a time to meet for it and got my shit back while the dumbass tried to tell me he’s the one who set it up in Illinois before moving down here. Dude didn’t know what to do when I said I was taking my shit back and there’s nothing he can do about it.

TLDR
crack head stole my board from car, I finessed it back.
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1484
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43204 on: January 26, 2022, 01:04:35 PM »
^I've got to get me friends to go with me one day.

My new mattress will be delivered today. My new home is almost complete and I'll never have to sleep on a lumpy bed ever again. I'm hyped as fuck. Gonna have to start using that damn CPAP machine though.
I didn't dream for YEARS because sleep apnea kept me from a normal sleep cycle. Every dream I've had since getting my CPAP has been a gift. I won't tell you what to do, but I would love it if you use your CPAP.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #43205 on: January 26, 2022, 01:42:43 PM »
Someone broke into my car the week of thanksgiving and stole my skateboard from my backseat. Fast forward to a few days ago, I’m looking on FB marketplace for a set of trucks to set up some old stuff I had laying around to finally get rolling again. After scrolling for a minute I recognized a familiar board. MY BOARD. Looked at the guys profile and was all stolen car parts and shit. Inquired about the board, got his address and work. Arranged a time to meet for it and got my shit back while the dumbass tried to tell me he’s the one who set it up in Illinois before moving down here. Dude didn’t know what to do when I said I was taking my shit back and there’s nothing he can do about it.

TLDR

You just straight up told him, "It's mine, give it back."? He didn't put up any kinda fight?

Sightunseen

• Rep: 90
« Reply #43206 on: January 26, 2022, 02:50:42 PM »
Expand Quote

TLDR
[close]

You just straight up told him, "It's mine, give it back."? He didn't put up any kinda fight?

Pretty much exactly that. Said yo that’s my board, I’m taking my shit back. Already had it in my hands and not much he could do. Had a pic of the set up on my phone(thanks to posting it on here in the set up thread). Surprised honestly that he didn’t try to take it back but he knew he’d be fucked any way.

Edit: also, didn’t help his case that he happened to work in the same shopping plaza that my board was stolen from  ::)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2022, 03:16:19 PM by Sightunseen »
personally I can only hope to be remembered in a slap post three years after my death, with my name spelled wrong

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #43207 on: January 27, 2022, 06:55:32 AM »
Nice. I recovered a bike in a similar fashion, but I’m fairly certain the old dude I got it back from found it wherever the drunk thief ditched it. Stoked for you.

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #43208 on: January 27, 2022, 08:16:19 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

TLDR
[close]

[close]

Pretty much exactly that. Said yo that’s my board, I’m taking my shit back. Already had it in my hands and not much he could do. Had a pic of the set up on my phone(thanks to posting it on here in the set up thread). Surprised honestly that he didn’t try to take it back but he knew he’d be fucked any way.

Edit: also, didn’t help his case that he happened to work in the same shopping plaza that my board was stolen from  ::)

wow, good shit @Sightunseen ! epic story. glad you got your board back! fuck that guy

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
« Reply #43209 on: January 27, 2022, 09:31:32 AM »
After an insane work week (so far) of early meetings and late nights, I finally was able to get on my board today.

My day is already feeling so much better even though I'm wall-to-wall with meetings again.

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #43210 on: January 27, 2022, 09:35:28 AM »
Crushed an interview for promotion yesterday that would permanently remove me from cleaning toilets and give me a pay pump to $33 an hour. Then I just now got a phone call that said out of our thousand+ people company I was the “frontlines finest” so I’m getting a $500 gift cards and some boxes from the company. I’m positive the award makes me a shoe in for the promotion and I’m riding hella high rn.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 543
« Reply #43211 on: January 27, 2022, 09:47:32 AM »
Crushed an interview for promotion yesterday that would permanently remove me from cleaning toilets and give me a pay pump to $33 an hour. Then I just now got a phone call that said out of our thousand+ people company I was the “frontlines finest” so I’m getting a $500 gift cards and some boxes from the company. I’m positive the award makes me a shoe in for the promotion and I’m riding hella high rn.

Fuck yea! Congrats!

Jean-Ralphio Zaperstein

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
« Reply #43212 on: January 27, 2022, 09:54:40 AM »
Congrats !!

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #43213 on: January 27, 2022, 10:04:20 AM »

hell yeah brother...great to hear and well deserved! always love to hear when integrity and pride in one's work gets its due reward...

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 971
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43214 on: January 27, 2022, 11:18:10 AM »
My record is sealed
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43215 on: January 27, 2022, 11:30:33 AM »

Is boxes port john cleaner slang for backyard shit cans?

Congrats dude!!! Crushing it as usual
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #43216 on: January 27, 2022, 04:57:19 PM »
I just wanna say thank you so much to y’all for gassing me up. My witch wife says the secret is manifesting this shit to happen and this promotion is going to fucking happen. Love y’all!
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1484
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43217 on: January 27, 2022, 06:41:08 PM »
Super awesome! So stoked for you.

I took my son in for his 13 year old well check/physical and told my son about testicular self examination while we waited for the doctor. I'm happy to have a relationship with my son where I can be frank and serious with stuff like this where neither one of feels awkward about it.

SUPREMENECKPROTECTOR

• Rep: 99
« Reply #43218 on: January 28, 2022, 03:07:53 AM »
For the whole of january i have not been smoking weed after indulging it daily for the past 15 years. Even at the skatepark when probably 15 joints went past me, i have stood strong. Will reward myself with a new CPU and mobo combo in febuary and keeping on not doing it.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #43219 on: January 28, 2022, 03:29:04 AM »
For the whole of january i have not been smoking weed after indulging it daily for the past 15 years. Even at the skatepark when probably 15 joints went past me, i have stood strong. Will reward myself with a new CPU and mobo combo in febuary and keeping on not doing it.

Well done. Once you realise you don‘t need it it is not very hard to quit.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

TranquilElephant

• Rep: 6
« Reply #43220 on: January 28, 2022, 06:24:10 AM »
Had some minor lower back pain that was buggin me for a couple of weeks, finally seems to be letting up.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
« Reply #43221 on: January 28, 2022, 03:10:17 PM »
Had to visit the local ER because I was having difficulty breathing after an allergic reaction to something. I've been dreading the bill. It came today and was only $125 dollars after insurance. I was expecting at least $500.
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #43222 on: January 28, 2022, 07:46:27 PM »
Been bailing my boss out all week. Today was no exception. Got an email from the division director  today, thanking me. felt good to be recognized.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1930
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43223 on: January 28, 2022, 10:22:57 PM »
Had some minor lower back pain that was buggin me for a couple of weeks, finally seems to be letting up.

Get a foam roller - cheap and life changing especially if you're deskbound.

Got invited to a slappy spot by friends and after flailing around awkwardly for an hour, I finally landed my first FS grind. Complete mindfuck not popping your deck, made me feel like I was back at square one all those years ago.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
« Reply #43224 on: January 29, 2022, 01:27:55 AM »
Stoked my buddies and I are so down to tell each other we truly love each other. To end a quick check in with that feels real nice

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #43225 on: January 29, 2022, 01:27:21 PM »
My sister had her first kid. Gonna be an uncle.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 719
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #43226 on: January 29, 2022, 02:17:17 PM »
My sister had her first kid. Gonna be an uncle.
Congrats. I know when my brother had a kid it changed everything. I love that damn baby so much. I didn't even know he wanted one. Now he got his wife pregnant with another one. I hope this one is a boy because the first was a girl and I want them to have the complete set.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 301
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43227 on: January 29, 2022, 02:42:54 PM »
Went back to school at the age of 28 and it's going great

Super stoked on yoga and how good it makes your body feel. Had few injuries during my years and my body has not feel this good in years.

TranquilElephant

• Rep: 6
« Reply #43228 on: January 31, 2022, 07:39:31 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Get a foam roller - cheap and life changing especially if you're deskbound.

Got invited to a slappy spot by friends and after flailing around awkwardly for an hour, I finally landed my first FS grind. Complete mindfuck not popping your deck, made me feel like I was back at square one all those years ago.

I think the combination of stretching and planks helped a lot. Fs slappies are the best!

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #43229 on: January 31, 2022, 11:15:38 AM »
Went for my first bike ride on snow covered trails today. Super fun. Third day of solid exercise in a row, too.