Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3062936 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43410 on: March 29, 2022, 03:52:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Been on the full time job grind :) feels like getting out of a rut .. excited for the weather to turn around
[close]

Hell yeah, you got this man.  :)
[close]

get that money while the weather is shit yo.

i'm stoked on finding a new dentist that seems like a good fit. i was there today for the first time and it was good vibes. my last dentist was technically good, but a total asshole that would do whatevs in my mouth while i'm half passed out. basically doing invasive shit without preparing me or asking me for consent when he should and also unfriendly as fuck to the point where i thought the guy actually dislikes me. i mean fair enough, i get that doctors don't vibe with every patient and that they hate some for sure, but it was like he didn't even try to hide it. the new doc and her assistant were sweet as fuck to me and thoroughly explained everything in detail they would do. they also didn't xray me for nothing, which my old dentist would do everytime because it's quick money for him.
[close]

How much is a normal dental visit for you? I don't know how nationalized your dental system is (obviously I went to the on base dentist which was always interesting but for totally unrelated reasons...weird shit always happened there) so I'm curious if it works like Healthcare. I'm getting ready to pay 5 figures to get my shit fixed here. That's with top of the line govt employee insurance. I had to save up for 2 years because my credit is fucked and the financing they offer is straight up predatory lending. A full set of implants (what Andy Roy had done) runs as much as a luxury car or small house even with insurance. Basically our dental system is just as fucked as our healthcare, how does it work there?

if you are just getting checked you are generally covered. also if it's some sort of emergency. if you just want to have nice new teeth you will pay even with a dental plan. i actually got my own private dental insurance plan two years ago because i have shit teeth and there's a bunch of work coming up in the next years or decades that would otherwise be too costly then, so it's like saving up for it. the cool thing is it also covers two cleanings a year. you are supposed to do at least one yearly, but you usually have to pay that yourself and they cost i think up to twohundred euros. so that's already 400 bucks worth of service and also the plan pays for standard replacements if i should need one. i pay about 30 each month, so i get my moneys worth with the two cleanings alone.

if i wouldn't have that extra insurance and a tooth had to be pulled then the doc would just leave a gap i guess, unless i straight up pay for a replacement. 

also the insurance as well as the dental plan only cover work that's about fixing a medical problem and not just cosmetic, i think.

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 969
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43411 on: March 29, 2022, 02:43:30 PM »

Quim on the FL podcast. I love this show.

Also werd up to Robbie G as well.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43412 on: March 30, 2022, 10:40:20 AM »
Last Saturday I hopped back on board after two years of not being able to skate. For most of that time, it was due to me being immobile due to a back injury, then the rest of the time was spent recouping from spinal fusion surgery and two rods being implanted. Being crushing it at physical therapy, but after this past Sat, I definitely know that PT doesn't speak to many of the muscles we use when we roll.

Short story to ad to my stoke (this is some cosmic level shit):
I had been planning on skating for about a week in advance, setup a crispy complete (except for old trucks, obv), and on the morning I was gonna roll, I went to WalMart to pick up some new ankle braces... saw one of my best friends there, and he told me he was about to have a jam at his house along with a whole crew here in my city that me and my best friend raised since they were groms.

We skated a mini that my pal had gotten the day before, for free, from a contest promotor that just didn't need the ramp... I normally hate pre fabs, but OC Ramps makes a pretty good mini.

My legs are wobble and not quite as controllable as they need to be yet, but I did land my go-to trick after the session by my house:

Off for 2 years, got it on the third try!

donkey

• Rep: -67
  • donk
« Reply #43413 on: March 30, 2022, 12:04:08 PM »
Expand Quote
there's a possibility that in the next coming weeks i will be able to accept a job offer doing commercial real estate analyst work and i will be able to move in with my girlfriend on the west coast of florida. im so excited and this company really put me through the ringer with this application. i have a really good feeling about getting the job, though.
[close]

Prepping, attending and waiting for results after interviews are the worst, glad you came out the other on the up!

I didnt get the job

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 101
« Reply #43414 on: March 30, 2022, 02:45:32 PM »
My baby boy was born on my country's father day so that was a huge gift

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43415 on: March 31, 2022, 08:21:53 AM »
Last Saturday I hopped back on board after two years of not being able to skate. For most of that time, it was due to me being immobile due to a back injury, then the rest of the time was spent recouping from spinal fusion surgery and two rods being implanted. Being crushing it at physical therapy, but after this past Sat, I definitely know that PT doesn't speak to many of the muscles we use when we roll.

I had been planning on skating for about a week in advance, setup a crispy complete (except for old trucks, obv), and on the morning I was gonna roll, I went to WalMart to pick up some new ankle braces... saw one of my best friends there, and he told me he was about to have a jam at his house along with a whole crew here in my city that me and my best friend raised since they were groms.

We skated a mini that my pal had gotten the day before, for free, from a contest promotor that just didn't need the ramp... I normally hate pre fabs, but OC Ramps makes a pretty good mini.

My legs are wobble and not quite as controllable as they need to be yet, but I did land my go-to trick after the session by my house:

GET SOME!!!! Yes!! You go Pal.

I got Honzo into the vet. He’s Constipated like wow. I was able to borrow money from the good good Homie.

It’s hard not to cry about this. How it worked out. I’m definitely changing to this vet too. Their google reviews were really really bad. Typical stuff. Don’t care about animals. Only looking for money etc.

Dead wrong. They helped me to the fullest. Was only 261 vs 575 (original price)

My baby boy was born on my country's father day so that was a huge gift

Yes!!! So good this thread is.

Can I ask the name?
(A)pl(E)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1933
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43416 on: March 31, 2022, 09:51:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
there's a possibility that in the next coming weeks i will be able to accept a job offer doing commercial real estate analyst work and i will be able to move in with my girlfriend on the west coast of florida. im so excited and this company really put me through the ringer with this application. i have a really good feeling about getting the job, though.
[close]

Prepping, attending and waiting for results after interviews are the worst, glad you came out the other on the up!

[close]

I didnt get the job

I'm sorry for celebrating prematurely, I shouldn't have said anything till the deal was done and dusted.

@grimcity welcome home!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Sharp-o

• Rep: -6
  • WAH! Haippia spotille!
« Reply #43417 on: April 01, 2022, 02:39:28 AM »
Done with my studies for while and the McDonalds where I work is being renovated so Im a free to skate as much as i want

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #43418 on: April 01, 2022, 10:07:17 AM »

hell yeeeeea congrats!

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43419 on: April 03, 2022, 02:16:48 PM »

@grimcity this made me so stoked!

friendly dave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 737
  • grinding to a halt
    • grindingtoahalt avatar image
« Reply #43420 on: April 03, 2022, 03:03:31 PM »
Got free tickets to the symphony last night. They were doing a live soundtrack play along of The Princess Bride. Super fun. I need to do classy shit more often.
Because you can't kill and idea, and we will not be ruled!

the visuals are also mad visual yo
FTW

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 510
« Reply #43421 on: April 03, 2022, 04:09:06 PM »
Front row tickets to a bomb ass play?

Brguy

« Reply #43422 on: April 05, 2022, 02:36:40 PM »
The cashier at the supermarket let me pick a new carton of eggs when I noticed one was broken, I had already paid and it was probably my fault, even though I asked without explaining anything.

lydius

• Rep: 43
« Reply #43423 on: April 06, 2022, 01:15:12 AM »
The eucalyptus and menthol vapor of the steam room is one of life’s little pleasures I’m really enjoying lately

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #43424 on: April 06, 2022, 05:55:02 AM »
I've received some very good news from the immigration office that my residency has been renewed/approved and that my card will be available to pickup this month.

So... this job that I've been keeping for months just because my paperwork was in processing for so fucking long can finally FUCK RIGHT OFF.

I have no plans, but I always have some plans, just gonna see where life takes me. I have no kids/family, so financial insecurity will only effect me in the end, so I'm jumping into things. I've left miserable jobs in the past with no plan and it wasn't difficult to get back on my feet at all; I'm not worried about it.

The other option is to just watch the next 30 years of my life drift by in a grey haze and die wondering what happened. I'm definitely not going to do that.

TranquilElephant

• Rep: 6
« Reply #43425 on: April 06, 2022, 06:04:22 AM »
I've received some very good news from the immigration office that my residency has been renewed/approved and that my card will be available to pickup this month.

So... this job that I've been keeping for months just because my paperwork was in processing for so fucking long can finally FUCK RIGHT OFF.

I have no plans, but I always have some plans, just gonna see where life takes me. I have no kids/family, so financial insecurity will only effect me in the end, so I'm jumping into things. I've left miserable jobs in the past with no plan and it wasn't difficult to get back on my feet at all; I'm not worried about it.

The other option is to just watch the next 30 years of my life drift by in a grey haze and die wondering what happened. I'm definitely not going to do that.
Wishing you the best

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #43426 on: April 06, 2022, 08:44:00 AM »
Half my office is on PTO this week so I've got almost no meetings and no one on my ass checking in on the status of shit

rhetoric

• Rep: 24
  • Sparkalonius Died For You
« Reply #43427 on: April 06, 2022, 06:52:23 PM »
Ran out of likes on Tinder right on this one girls profile (I have a fool proof method of always swiping right) but she had a Snapchat. Turns out she's an incredibly hot, young, blonde and extremely affordable working girl. This is like...the most ideal situation ever. I just moved here 10 days ago. Word.
The activity itself is self-explanatory: Use your fingers to maneuver a small skateboard. But many pros like famous fingerboarder Joe D say this seemingly easy fingerboarding requires the same precision and determination as skateboarding.

Mark Renton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 288
  • Choose life.
« Reply #43428 on: April 07, 2022, 07:31:55 AM »
Last working day of the week tomorrow and the new PACCBET video "I missed you" is technically dropping today at some point. Please don't suck. If it's like even half as good as "PACCBET Worldwide" it's gonna be on repeat for a long time.

Edit: video is out and I fucking love it. It’s gonna be on repeat. Hope you’ll like it too. Enjoy.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 12:58:07 PM by Mark Renton »
video tape yourself saving monks. dont just do it. make sure its caught on film.

Yu Dum

« Reply #43429 on: April 07, 2022, 09:13:19 AM »
Coming up on three months sober from alcohol.  ;D Stoked to be back down to 180lbs and feeling light on my feet again.

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #43430 on: April 07, 2022, 10:16:53 AM »
congratulations!

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
  • illinoying
« Reply #43431 on: April 07, 2022, 05:44:15 PM »
Went street skating and got a clip despite being tired as fuck from work . Thinkin about trying to film another part of some more low impact / fun stuff

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #43432 on: April 08, 2022, 06:18:20 AM »
First cup of coffee is good this morning, even for a first cup.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43433 on: April 08, 2022, 09:40:51 AM »
I got mad furniture yesterday. I’m setting it all up today.

Place is starting to look like a real Haus now and not a punk haus.

I been drawing a ton. I’m trying to figure out how to get a wall in town.
(A)pl(E)

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
« Reply #43434 on: April 08, 2022, 11:23:14 PM »
It's absolutely regular how much pink floyd tracks still fit into a "modern day" playlist.  I made a shy list of bangers tonight and Obscured By Clouds was an absolute must

God my words i put together sound so regular

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 381
« Reply #43435 on: April 09, 2022, 03:12:37 AM »
It's absolutely regular how much pink floyd tracks still fit into a "modern day" playlist.  I made a shy list of bangers tonight and Obscured By Clouds was an absolute must

I like this.  This is one of the few Pink Floyd albums I never bothered to check out.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43436 on: April 14, 2022, 07:26:15 PM »

This is pretty dope if you luv thinking about all things sf like I kinda do.

(A)pl(E)

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 264
« Reply #43437 on: April 15, 2022, 05:40:22 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I like this.  This is one of the few Pink Floyd albums I never bothered to check out.

My favourite Floyd by a long shot (and I really fucking like them).
 "Stay" and "Wot's... Uh The Deal" are too beautiful for words to convey.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #43438 on: April 15, 2022, 02:52:47 PM »
two brand new boards in the last two weeks have both snapped on me i'm gonna baby cry no tengo dinero

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 292
« Reply #43439 on: April 16, 2022, 11:47:24 AM »
Gonna try shrooms for the first time. Any advice?