Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057507 times)

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 963
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43440 on: April 14, 2022, 07:26:15 PM »
https://youtu.be/sHkc83XA2dY

This is pretty dope if you luv thinking about all things sf like I kinda do.

Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

skate_or_dingus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
« Reply #43441 on: April 15, 2022, 05:40:22 AM »
Expand Quote
It's absolutely regular how much pink floyd tracks still fit into a "modern day" playlist.  I made a shy list of bangers tonight and Obscured By Clouds was an absolute must

https://youtu.be/16V-wNwlTw0

God my words i put together sound so regular
[close]

I like this.  This is one of the few Pink Floyd albums I never bothered to check out.

My favourite Floyd by a long shot (and I really fucking like them).
 "Stay" and "Wot's... Uh The Deal" are too beautiful for words to convey.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #43442 on: April 15, 2022, 02:52:47 PM »
two brand new boards in the last two weeks have both snapped on me i'm gonna baby cry no tengo dinero

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43443 on: April 16, 2022, 11:47:24 AM »
Gonna try shrooms for the first time. Any advice?

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #43444 on: April 16, 2022, 01:01:54 PM »
Go in with a good attitude, know that everything you're experiencing is because you're high and you're not losing your mind. There's a chance you might throw up but that's fine. And remember to enjoy.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #43445 on: April 16, 2022, 02:05:23 PM »
For me, shrooms were always one that I could only really be around other people if they were also on shrooms. Acid on the other hand, I can party on acid.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

doctorkickflip

• Rep: 44
« Reply #43446 on: April 17, 2022, 02:18:05 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Go in with a good attitude, know that everything you're experiencing is because you're high and you're not losing your mind. There's a chance you might throw up but that's fine. And remember to enjoy.
Another thing I like having in my back pocket is the knowledge that even if I have a “bad” trip, in retrospect, those have been the most life changing and impactful trips on my day to day life. Had a bad trip once and when I sobered up I realized I haven’t been as kind to my mom as I should be. Totally altered my outlook in a humbling and positive way. 

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1353
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43447 on: April 18, 2022, 08:52:56 PM »
This puppy has no adverse reaction to me clipping her claws. Hell ya
If you plant ice, you’re gonna harvest wind

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101
« Reply #43448 on: April 20, 2022, 03:02:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Last Saturday I hopped back on board after two years of not being able to skate. For most of that time, it was due to me being immobile due to a back injury, then the rest of the time was spent recouping from spinal fusion surgery and two rods being implanted. Being crushing it at physical therapy, but after this past Sat, I definitely know that PT doesn't speak to many of the muscles we use when we roll.

Short story to ad to my stoke (this is some cosmic level shit):
I had been planning on skating for about a week in advance, setup a crispy complete (except for old trucks, obv), and on the morning I was gonna roll, I went to WalMart to pick up some new ankle braces... saw one of my best friends there, and he told me he was about to have a jam at his house along with a whole crew here in my city that me and my best friend raised since they were groms.

We skated a mini that my pal had gotten the day before, for free, from a contest promotor that just didn't need the ramp... I normally hate pre fabs, but OC Ramps makes a pretty good mini.

My legs are wobble and not quite as controllable as they need to be yet, but I did land my go-to trick after the session by my house:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANogS1Owjo

Off for 2 years, got it on the third try!
[close]

GET SOME!!!! Yes!! You go Pal.

I got Honzo into the vet. He’s Constipated like wow. I was able to borrow money from the good good Homie.

It’s hard not to cry about this. How it worked out. I’m definitely changing to this vet too. Their google reviews were really really bad. Typical stuff. Don’t care about animals. Only looking for money etc.

Dead wrong. They helped me to the fullest. Was only 261 vs 575 (original price)

Expand Quote
My baby boy was born on my country's father day so that was a huge gift
[close]

Yes!!! So good this thread is.

Can I ask the name?

It's Afonso! The name of the first king of Portugal lol

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 214
« Reply #43449 on: April 20, 2022, 08:20:40 AM »
Fuck yeah for good feline health care

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43450 on: April 20, 2022, 03:50:34 PM »
Fuck yeah for good feline health care

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #43451 on: April 26, 2022, 03:21:01 AM »
So I'm pretty happy about getting my teeth fixed. I finally got my insurance up and running last year and it came with full dental coverage. I chipped my 2 front teeth when I was 8 skating in front of my house with my friend and had to endure that until I was 14 or 15 because being poor. Then had perfect teeth from then up until my early twenties when I got heavy into drugs. Fast forward I'm 30 and just got all my top teeth pulled and most of by bottoms. I have 6 teeth left to be pulled on the 31st of May and then I get dentures. I know it doesn't seem like something one would be stoked about but when you go thru the pain of your teeth rotting away to not ever having to worry about a tooth ache and being able to smile with confidence it's like hitting the lottery.

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #43452 on: April 26, 2022, 09:41:09 AM »
^Hell yeah man, stoked for you!
Does your insurance cover trips to Colombia?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcYmvO2ji8e/?igshid=NDA1YzNhOGU=

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 647
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43453 on: April 26, 2022, 07:46:34 PM »
A J. Cas story popped up on my IG today.

Not sure, if he re-instated me, if I over reacted, or if it IG allows short-term bans. Doesn't matter. It seems I can look forward to a lifetime of bad rapping and bad posts.

Stoked.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Boog

• Rep: 190
« Reply #43454 on: April 27, 2022, 04:45:00 AM »
^Hell yeah man, stoked for you!
Does your insurance cover trips to Colombia?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcYmvO2ji8e/?igshid=NDA1YzNhOGU=
Nah lol it's state insurance so it has to be in my state. I would gladly get implants if they weren't a years salary.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43455 on: April 28, 2022, 05:05:47 PM »
Stoked that we went to a what we thought was seniors awards night since my daughter was getting an award and has all A's.

My wife and I saw the amount of names on the program and the crowded auditorium because they made it for seniors and juniors so we asked my daughter if she wanted to leave and get something to eat instead. She said yes and now I'm sipping on an oreo shake.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
« Reply #43456 on: April 28, 2022, 05:38:21 PM »
Ankles healed enough to skate again and dry weekend = very stoked.

beatifk

• Rep: 162
« Reply #43457 on: April 29, 2022, 07:44:40 AM »
Stoked that we went to a what we thought was seniors awards night since my daughter was getting an award and has all A's.

My wife and I saw the amount of names on the program and the crowded auditorium because they made it for seniors and juniors so we asked my daughter if she wanted to leave and get something to eat instead. She said yes and now I'm sipping on an oreo shake.

That is how you shape the future world leaders. Your whole family got straight A's on award night.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43458 on: April 29, 2022, 07:56:37 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That is how you shape the future world leaders. Your whole family got straight A's on award night.
It's funny because my wife's coworker that also went texted her complaining 45 minutes after we left and they still hadn't handed out a single award.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #43459 on: April 29, 2022, 02:10:52 PM »
Got a clip of that line I‘ve been battling for a month.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Brguy

« Reply #43460 on: May 02, 2022, 05:05:14 PM »
Found a pair of cheap Nikes on the street today, they fit very nicely. I just bought a pair of shoes recently too so I'll be able to use them normally for a while and completely shred the ones I found.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43461 on: May 03, 2022, 03:19:33 PM »
i was able to pay my bills in time this month.

if i stay good with money i get my insurance back in a few months so i can skate without fear of bankruptcy in august. this must sound lame to all you americans with no health insurance. i'm not used to facing debt when i get injured. i've been dropped by my insurance before but i won't have insurance through the summer. it sucks, i just hope i don't wreck myself so i have to see a doc and that i stay healthy overall.

i made over 100 beats/pieces of music over the last 4 months. a third probably sucks, but i am a bit stoked about myself.

also i started to eat as much as possible at work(i work as a cook currently). this is saving me a lot of money, especially since all the food got way more expensive since the war started.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43462 on: May 03, 2022, 03:57:53 PM »
Took my last graduate school class today. What a wonderful wrap around as it was with the woman who guided me intoyhe program.

Put a thick metal trellis fence up today too. Not fine work, but 40ish feet long and 5 feel tall. Ain't gotta worry bout puppy climbing over the 3 foot wood fence any more hahah

And also, today is the first day where there are enough leaves on the alder trees to send flickering shadows onto the mid afternoon ground. Beautiful shit, man. Beautiful

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43463 on: May 03, 2022, 06:11:41 PM »
That's really awesome! Pat yourself on the back for me. Quite a challenging journey.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43464 on: May 04, 2022, 11:32:47 AM »
That's really awesome! Pat yourself on the back for me. Quite a challenging journey.

Thanks, brotha! 8)

Already got offered a job yesterday. Pretty close to the house and wouldn't be very hard. Might be trying for something else though.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43465 on: May 08, 2022, 09:07:35 AM »
Wake and bake

Made the mother of our kids some perfect and fluffy pancakes and some thick sliced bacon for mother's day breakfast.

Looking forward to calling my mom later.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43466 on: May 08, 2022, 12:09:52 PM »
Wake and bake

Made the mother of our kids some perfect and fluffy pancakes and some thick sliced bacon for mother's day breakfast.

Looking forward to calling my mom later.

Waaaake n bacon! Love me a snap and a coffee!

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43467 on: May 08, 2022, 12:19:19 PM »
My step-father, who's basically the best father a person could ask for, had heart surgery last week and he's ok and already back at home with my mom and recovering just fine.

skate_bored

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 56
« Reply #43468 on: May 08, 2022, 05:12:18 PM »
so stoked on this mark normand 9 club. been a huge fan of his and didnt know he skated until around a year ago when he started talking about it. its such a cool meeting of my favorite things. and its honestly bringing out the best of the hosts.

fuhkin_powahfood_kid

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43469 on: May 09, 2022, 04:09:36 PM »
check valid json

Officially done with grad school. First Monday, or day period where I've done nothing in other than chilling a long time