Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3059316 times)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43470 on: May 09, 2022, 05:38:31 PM »
Expand Quote
check valid json

Officially done with grad school. First Monday, or day period where I've done nothing in other than chilling a long time
[close]

Congrats! You made it!

thanks, homie. it's a good feeling, for sure
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

CrumblingInfrastructure

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #43471 on: May 10, 2022, 07:50:51 PM »
Finally had some good weather so I skated to and from work today. On my way home got invited out for a bike ride and ended up biking 16 miles around Chicago. Super chill but i’ll probably be less stoked tomorrow morning since my gooch is destroyed.

Resident Jeff

• Rep: 20
« Reply #43472 on: May 11, 2022, 09:23:40 PM »
check valid json

Officially done with grad school. First Monday, or day period where I've done nothing in other than chilling a long time

Solid effort! Congrats.

I’ve managed to weasel my way into a full time job at the local butcher, which will hopefully lead to an apprenticeship (that I can speed through due to RPL) so I can get a second trade under my belt.
Pretty stoked on that.
It’s also a perfect skate from home.
Reschs Refreshes

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #43473 on: May 12, 2022, 04:16:31 AM »

Let's gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #43474 on: May 12, 2022, 04:20:50 AM »
Found this receipt of when i ordered my first trucks for my first set-up back at 14! This shits going on my wall!

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 06:54:38 AM by in love w/ fs shuvs »

Uncle Flea

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 974
    • Aural Buthcheryers avatar image
« Reply #43475 on: May 13, 2022, 08:30:18 PM »
I got no comply madness.
Plz stop killing each other
(A)pl(E)

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43476 on: May 14, 2022, 04:38:49 AM »
I haven't seen a thread or post mentioning Weckingball in some time 8) 8) 8).

LordManHammer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -328
  • (0_o) whatever dog you probably suck at it
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43477 on: May 15, 2022, 06:28:32 AM »
Been talking with my high school sweetheart recently, suffice it to say she got hemmed up in some bullshit driving drunk and accidentally killed someone.

So since that bandaids 🩹 been ripped off I’ve been in love with her for quite sometime even when we split up 96ish? I did like her a lot, but we were always on different paths and journeys. So since she’s getting out soon and we’re going to be sober buddies together,  I plan on being single for quite sometime till I’m in love with me first and foremost.

Which also leads me to the other side of the coin her exbf my friend who’s hung up on her and she wants nothing to do with him has been a solid dude for me, however I don’t know how to say to him hey man your exgf is now going to be mine….. mind you I was her first and I introduced these two people years later. They hit it off and we’re an item for years but she’s said nah I don’t want him I want you to me.

On top of all this I was recently blessed with a PS5 by same dude, I have a hard time accepting gifts from anyone and this conundrum has gotten me in a pickle, I told him I was talking with his exgf and he’s like I don’t care. But I think doesn’t realize the gravity of the situation.
Dueces Bitch's

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43478 on: May 15, 2022, 09:57:14 AM »
i went for a short skate, now im chilling with two duck families and some other critters at the little park near my place. i almost got divebombed by two ducks chasing eachother. it was pretty awesome.

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #43479 on: May 15, 2022, 12:56:26 PM »
found another flint scraper yesterday.  think its probably mesolithic but havent heard back from the experts yet

https://imgur.com/a/AyNjmET

donkey

• Rep: -66
  • donk
« Reply #43480 on: May 18, 2022, 11:58:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
there's a possibility that in the next coming weeks i will be able to accept a job offer doing commercial real estate analyst work and i will be able to move in with my girlfriend on the west coast of florida. im so excited and this company really put me through the ringer with this application. i have a really good feeling about getting the job, though.
[close]

Prepping, attending and waiting for results after interviews are the worst, glad you came out the other on the up!

[close]

I didnt get the job
[close]

I'm sorry for celebrating prematurely, I shouldn't have said anything till the deal was done and dusted.

@grimcity welcome home!
hey just letting you know i finally got a job there and im moving tomorrow so im back to being stoked. its a good job too

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43481 on: May 18, 2022, 09:40:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
there's a possibility that in the next coming weeks i will be able to accept a job offer doing commercial real estate analyst work and i will be able to move in with my girlfriend on the west coast of florida. im so excited and this company really put me through the ringer with this application. i have a really good feeling about getting the job, though.
[close]

Prepping, attending and waiting for results after interviews are the worst, glad you came out the other on the up!

[close]

I didnt get the job
[close]

I'm sorry for celebrating prematurely, I shouldn't have said anything till the deal was done and dusted.

@grimcity welcome home!
[close]
hey just letting you know i finally got a job there and im moving tomorrow so im back to being stoked. its a good job too

Good luck
(A)pl(E)

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1151
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43482 on: May 21, 2022, 04:23:54 PM »
the new Cronenberg film looks insane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD8dt9ndGgg

igrindtwinkies

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #43483 on: May 21, 2022, 10:55:26 PM »
Just sent my resume out to a handful of employers.  Nervous, but excited to start something new.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43484 on: May 21, 2022, 11:22:42 PM »
author=igrindtwinkies link=topic=272.msg3799425#msg3799425 date=1653198926]
Just sent my resume out to a handful of employers.  Nervous, but excited to start something new.

Sick. Teach your new co workers about grindcore and crust punk for me? :) ;)
(A)pl(E)

LB

• Rep: 57
« Reply #43485 on: May 22, 2022, 05:14:21 AM »
found a little flint hotspot on my hike yesterday, got a handful of cores and some bladelets.  mesolithic, so after uk ice age but pre-farming.  about 6-12 thousand years old, well chuffed.
https://imgur.com/a/6cK5zkd

realbasedgod112

• Rep: 80
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #43486 on: May 22, 2022, 06:22:04 PM »
my topic got 1000 replies and now i have a cool medal on my user
y’all not fuckin with what i’m fuckin with

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #43487 on: May 22, 2022, 09:56:59 PM »

I’ve formed a Sunn Omega. The reverb on the Alpha is scratchy and intermittent, but it works and the kinks can be worked out. I am super stoked.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1373
« Reply #43488 on: May 22, 2022, 10:20:08 PM »
Sk8n lil gaps, crusty street spots, and fresh construction sites
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #43489 on: May 23, 2022, 11:38:06 AM »

I’ve formed a Sunn Omega. The reverb on the Alpha is scratchy and intermittent, but it works and the kinks can be worked out. I am super stoked.

Hmmmm. Needs speaker area. Lots. I’m sure you’re dooming the shit outta your shins.

Nah, that’s sick. So much more interesting than another fender or booteek 2W cork sniffer. Maybe hit the jacks on the back with contact cleaner and plug/unplug them a bunch. Some of them are probably switching jacks and can cause crackling due to bad contact from being dirty.

T4T

• Rep: 8
  • fake and lame
    • My Youtube avatar image
« Reply #43490 on: May 24, 2022, 06:22:36 AM »
-Got up real early and went a hike before work, feels good

-getting paid on Friday

-Weathers okay, can skate a lil

-Cars running perfect now, sounds great too

-show on Friday

-really stopped being bummed about my ex, sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, the bar eats you.
schoolteachers can get paid $100k when they get a collab with dragonball

Huell Howser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 251
« Reply #43491 on: May 24, 2022, 09:16:03 AM »
just bought this lil knife for backpacking/camping. quality for the price seems great, stoked on it lol

Deputy Wendell

« Reply #43492 on: May 24, 2022, 12:37:48 PM »
lest we forget...

“As long as there is a lower class, I am in it. As long as there is a criminal element, I’m of it. As long as there is a soul in prison, I am not free.”
--Eugene V. Debs

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1474
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #43493 on: May 25, 2022, 07:50:11 AM »
Successfully coached/instructed my daughter in getting her driver's license. It took her two tries because she was super anxious/nervous the first time.

Uh Oh

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 361
« Reply #43494 on: May 25, 2022, 11:25:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Hmmmm. Needs speaker area. Lots. I’m sure you’re dooming the shit outta your shins.

Nah, that’s sick. So much more interesting than another fender or booteek 2W cork sniffer. Maybe hit the jacks on the back with contact cleaner and plug/unplug them a bunch. Some of them are probably switching jacks and can cause crackling due to bad contact from being dirty.

Yeah, it is a shin shaker lol. I have a 20 something year old Crate 4x12 that I can/will run concurrently, but don’t wanna bug the neighbors too much. I’m currently on the hunt for an old Sunn or Peavey 2x15 cabinet that isn’t marked up like crazy.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43495 on: May 25, 2022, 01:27:07 PM »
Successfully coached/instructed my daughter in getting her driver's license. It took her two tries because she was super anxious/nervous the first time.

congrats!

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 283
« Reply #43496 on: May 25, 2022, 05:41:45 PM »
First time in positive rep since I have joined SLAP

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 159
« Reply #43497 on: May 25, 2022, 10:47:18 PM »
Got myself a girlfriend, feels good.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.

beandemon

• Rep: 181
« Reply #43498 on: May 27, 2022, 05:59:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Yeah, it is a shin shaker lol. I have a 20 something year old Crate 4x12 that I can/will run concurrently, but don’t wanna bug the neighbors too much. I’m currently on the hunt for an old Sunn or Peavey 2x15 cabinet that isn’t marked up like crazy.

Oh man, I have the most beat Sunn 215 - peeling tolex, chipped up edges, missing or rusty corners.  JBL K140's that sound unbelievable.  It's structurally unfit to haul around anymore, but I can't quite part it out.  So many good hours spent in front of that thing. I gotta play some gigs with a real rig again.

Stoked on enough watts and speaker area to flap the hem of your pearl snap shirt.

Uncle Flea

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43499 on: May 27, 2022, 09:15:42 AM »

Nice!
(A)pl(E)