Author Topic: things you are stoked on  (Read 3057004 times)

slippy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 83
Re: things you are stoked on
« Reply #43530 on: June 16, 2022, 11:01:17 AM »
Wife and I are having a baby in December and all genetic tests came back A+ and learned it's going to be a girl!  Would've been happy with either sex but cried like a baby, couldn't be happier
people who refuse to use apple products can blow my fucking stupid hog

Paul_Glider Skateboards

• Rep: 56
« Reply #43531 on: June 16, 2022, 02:11:48 PM »
Wife and I are having a baby in December and all genetic tests came back A+ and learned it's going to be a girl!  Would've been happy with either sex but cried like a baby, couldn't be happier

So rad, congrats! Hoping for a smooth and morning sickness-less experience for your wife

-
We're a board company that specializes in the twin tail shape
www.instagram.com/gliderskateboards
www.gliderskateboards.com

DM us on IG if you're ever interested. We offer Slap Pals a generous discount!

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2153
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #43532 on: June 16, 2022, 10:39:16 PM »
Related to at least two other threads in this bloard: I am stoked on NOT pooping in public restrooms.
Mi caca es un asunto privado, no público.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 692
« Reply #43533 on: June 16, 2022, 10:47:08 PM »
After ten days my wife tested negative to covid. She only had mild symptoms for a day but I tried not to catch it so kept my distances, and so far I succeeded. Looking forward to get touchy again tho.  ;D
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 872
« Reply #43534 on: June 20, 2022, 10:59:45 AM »
Opening the "Pools & Hot Tubs" section of twitch and seeing this guy living the dream.

Magnolia

• Rep: 412
  • She/They
« Reply #43535 on: June 20, 2022, 12:21:21 PM »
Opening the "Pools & Hot Tubs" section of twitch and seeing this guy living the dream.

Incredible, with all the faces he's basically an entire set of nesting dolls
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #43536 on: June 20, 2022, 03:56:23 PM »
Got to hang out with one of my best friends yesterday. We took my dog to a brewery, talked about our lives and my hype for my wedding. Chilled out at my place and smoked some cigars. It was so great seeing him because since I moved out with my fiance we live kinda far apart and its been difficult to hang out.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #43537 on: June 20, 2022, 10:24:04 PM »
I got a nice kickflip of a curb yesterday. Usually my kickflips rocket but this one was different, snappy flick, board sucked right up to my feet, floating, landing bolts, roll away into the sunset. Bliss.

Landing that 1 kickflip makes up for the 100s of shit ones in between. Just don't try and replicate it immediately after, disaster is sure to strike.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43538 on: June 20, 2022, 10:53:52 PM »
Expand Quote
I got a nice kickflip of a curb yesterday. Usually my kickflips rocket but this one was different, snappy flick, board sucked right up to my feet, floating, landing bolts, roll away into the sunset. Bliss.
[close]

Landing that 1 kickflip makes up for the 100s of shit ones in between. Just don't try and replicate it immediately after, disaster is sure to strike.

Yeah, usually I stop doing a specific trick in a session after getting a nice specimen, make the good feeling last.
why come?

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43539 on: June 20, 2022, 11:17:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah, usually I stop doing a specific trick in a session after getting a nice specimen, make the good feeling last.

Same, not pushing my luck and getting stuck for another 15 minutes to replicate success.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

nitro89

• Rep: 88
« Reply #43540 on: June 21, 2022, 02:16:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

second that. when i get the 'one' i move onto the next trick.ha
"Skateboarding doesn't owe you shit. It owes you wheelbite in the rain" - Jake Phelps"

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #43541 on: June 21, 2022, 04:59:08 AM »
Guys from local shop around here are doing a jam for Go skate day. I always skipped these things, way too many people for my liking, but today I decided I will go. Havent been really happy in last couple weeks due to releationship problems, so hopefully this will be good. I plan to skate my ass off with the young guns, haha.

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1417
« Reply #43542 on: June 21, 2022, 05:45:45 AM »
Guys from local shop around here are doing a jam for Go skate day. I always skipped these things, way too many people for my liking, but today I decided I will go. Havent been really happy in last couple weeks due to releationship problems, so hopefully this will be good. I plan to skate my ass off with the young guns, haha.

Fuck yeah, skate the bullshit away! Happy go skate day.

I'm going to hit up the local after work and maybe some street after. Much love to everyone.  :)
i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43543 on: June 21, 2022, 10:29:06 AM »
Just got a legit 4 flip line at the bus stop: Kickflip of the bus stop curb (a slightly higher than usual curb), kickflip up a regular curb on the opposite side of the bus stop, heelflip on the sidewalk, kickflip of the bus stop curb. All more or less proper, no toe drag.  8)
why come?

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #43544 on: June 22, 2022, 05:22:32 PM »
After 17 years my city is finally getting a new park, and I’m on the subcommittee for it. Minimum budget is 400k, max is 800. They have a 12-24 month plan for it

Last time a park was built they waited until the designer went on a trip to build the park and they just tossed his design and built some shit for like 50k so this’ll be the best park we have.

rawr1922

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #43545 on: June 23, 2022, 05:07:30 PM »
LN, that’s some serious money for a park. Happy for you. 

Just started listening to John Prine. Pure bliss just hitting the shuffle on his catalog

Rattus Localis

« Reply #43546 on: June 26, 2022, 04:21:53 AM »
Got prescribed some codeine after putting up with the worst fucking headache ever for 3.5 days. Ibuprofen and paracetamol did nothing, but this magic potion did the trick.

Spent the whole weekend bedridden but I'm just stoked that my head isn't pounding like a hammer anymore.

TheBoognish

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 129
« Reply #43547 on: June 26, 2022, 07:17:39 AM »

Just started listening to John Prine. Pure bliss just hitting the shuffle on his catalog

Prine rules, his music always puts me in a good mood. One of the best ever (Townes still remains the ultimate GOAT for me though). Think I’m going to put some on while having breakfast in the sun.

As for me, I don’t think I’ve ever been this in shape.

Been doing BJJ 4x a week and finally started dealing with a personal trainer so I could stenghten everything and not be hurt all the time. Strangely enough, I haven’t lost that much weight, yet all my clothes fit loose now. Also been on a solid stretching mission as well, flexibility is at an all-time high and I’m no longer sore in the morning. Cardio is as good as ever.

Turning this fat into muscle has been the best thing for me. My back and neck aren’t sore anymore and I finally started skating again after almost a year off. My skate legs are slowly coming back, but muscle memory is still there.

It’s not always fun, but goddamn is it ever beneficial.

Get fucked, herniated discs !

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 289
« Reply #43548 on: June 26, 2022, 08:05:32 PM »
2 years ago this month I moved into my friends spare bedroom with my dog and no job after leaving my ex-spouse and knowing that I was going to divorce them. Last year this time I had a minimum wage job and managed to move into my own small little studio. It sucked and I barely even had money for food but it was my own spot for the first time in my life. Yesterday I moved into a nice little one bedroom in the neighborhood I love, I got some IT certs and got a decent paying entry level job. My place has laundry on site, I can receive packages, and it’s way more secure/overall nicer. (The last place had none of those options).

Theres still shit going on in the background thats not great but that stuff is always gunna be there. For today im just really happy that I have my own place thats big enough for me and my dog to be at for awhile.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #43549 on: June 26, 2022, 08:30:11 PM »
2 years ago this month I moved into my friends spare bedroom with my dog and no job after leaving my ex-spouse and knowing that I was going to divorce them. Last year this time I had a minimum wage job and managed to move into my own small little studio. It sucked and I barely even had money for food but it was my own spot for the first time in my life. Yesterday I moved into a nice little one bedroom in the neighborhood I love, I got some IT certs and got a decent paying entry level job. My place has laundry on site, I can receive packages, and it’s way more secure/overall nicer. (The last place had none of those options).

Theres still shit going on in the background thats not great but that stuff is always gunna be there. For today im just really happy that I have my own place thats big enough for me and my dog to be at for awhile.

Just curious, what certifications did you get?  I'm hoping to take the CCNA in like 2 months.  I already have a decent entry level networking gig and I think this would be enough to get a good job.

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43550 on: June 26, 2022, 08:34:36 PM »

+1 dude, proud of you.

Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43551 on: June 26, 2022, 08:51:05 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Just curious, what certifications did you get?  I'm hoping to take the CCNA in like 2 months.  I already have a decent entry level networking gig and I think this would be enough to get a good job.

I have my A+ and Google IT Support cert, I’ll be getting Net+ in the fall and Sec+ in the winter and hopefully a couple others along the way (SNOW Admin and Azure Fundamentals). If you’re already in a entry level networking job then the CCNA will be great for your career. Juniper seems cool and all but Cisco is still reigning champ and that cert is widely recognized and holds a lot of weight. If your going to stay in Networking then i’d recommend just skipping Net+ and focusing on the Cisco track and maybe some other ones to show some versatility in your skill set. Knowing a bit of Python is always going to help as well. Art of Network Engineering is a good podcast that i’ve found that really helps map out what certs to get and what to know to stand out depending on who they’re interviewing.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 367
« Reply #43552 on: June 26, 2022, 09:37:23 PM »
Ya, I never took the test, but I read the Mike Myers Network+ book and went through Professor Messer's net+ course on youtube.  I'm almost through all the CCNA material, I just want to brush up and lab a bunch of shit before I waste my employer's money testing for it.

I work in a NOC for an ISP and we use mainly Nokia routers, but the training for any Nokia certification is expensive or outdated.  The CCNA is by far the most useful entry level networking certification.  Also, the command line isn't that much different from Cisco gear and I think most places avoid using Cisco proprietary protocols anyways.

I've been throwing apps out here and there for Sys Admin/managed service provider shit as well and interviewing occasionally.  I've got a janky Virtualbox lab set up with Windows Server 2019, used a Powershell script to import users and shit like that.  Slowly getting more privileges at work too, adding them to my resume/LinkedIn.  I'm ass with resume's and shit, but slowly improving.  This is all kind of a long slow process, so it's cool to talk to someone on here about it to keep me motivated.

CrumblingInfrastructure

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43553 on: June 26, 2022, 10:38:42 PM »
Ya, I never took the test, but I read the Mike Myers Network+ book and went through Professor Messer's net+ course on youtube.  I'm almost through all the CCNA material, I just want to brush up and lab a bunch of shit before I waste my employer's money testing for it.

I work in a NOC for an ISP and we use mainly Nokia routers, but the training for any Nokia certification is expensive or outdated.  The CCNA is by far the most useful entry level networking certification.  Also, the command line isn't that much different from Cisco gear and I think most places avoid using Cisco proprietary protocols anyways.

I've been throwing apps out here and there for Sys Admin/managed service provider shit as well and interviewing occasionally.  I've got a janky Virtualbox lab set up with Windows Server 2019, used a Powershell script to import users and shit like that.  Slowly getting more privileges at work too, adding them to my resume/LinkedIn.  I'm ass with resume's and shit, but slowly improving.  This is all kind of a long slow process, so it's cool to talk to someone on here about it to keep me motivated.

That’s awesome! I’m also looking at getting a sysadmin position eventually. I’m doing Net+ since I get it for free through the non-profit I got my A+ through. If i’m lucky i’ll be able to get Net+ Sec+ and either Server+ or PenTest+ through them free of charge over the next year and a half.

So far I just havent really found my love for networking but I want to learn it since I’ll need to have knowledge of it for any position I want. Recently i’ve been trying to get into Linux as much as possible.

I work at a really large company and I do all the back end stuff for setting up employees machines and getting their equipment replaced. It’s kinda nice because its almost half warehouse and half IT work so I get to move around while I work. Also because I work in equipment I get to bring home EOL machines and other gear that would otherwise get ewasted. In the past 3 months i’ve already gotten a newish Surface with a docking station, an Elitebook that I turned into a Linux machine, and some odds and ends like a new wireless keyboard/mouse combo.

Feel free to hit me up whenever if you want to talk certs or shop or anything. Talking about it helps motivate me to actually study haha.

Natas Fauxas

« Reply #43554 on: June 26, 2022, 11:09:18 PM »
Im stoked that i have been able to keep myself alcohol free for the last year and a half to this day.Honestly i still miss drinking and even tho i don't give in im excited every day i don't give in. Kook me if you like but im hyped. Shalom

rocklobster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43555 on: June 26, 2022, 11:32:05 PM »
Im stoked that i have been able to keep myself alcohol free for the last year and a half to this day.Honestly i still miss drinking and even tho i don't give in im excited every day i don't give in. Kook me if you like but im hyped. Shalom

Self-control is badass
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #43556 on: June 27, 2022, 04:05:19 AM »

Gnarred. It’s been almost three years for me. There are days I am tempted but I know better than to have „just the one drink“. Stay strong!

why come?

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
« Reply #43557 on: June 27, 2022, 04:08:23 PM »
I was able to legit grind on coping in a pool yesterday.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #43558 on: June 27, 2022, 10:56:13 PM »
I was able to legit grind on coping in a pool yesterday.
Probably the best feeling in skateboarding.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
  • old and in the way
« Reply #43559 on: June 28, 2022, 06:15:12 AM »

That's no easy task. Congratulations @Natas Fauxas <3